Where do i get research notes?

Do i need the mastery for it?

Cause i bought the resarch notes thing, the research salvage kit, but the only thing it wants to salvage is my ascended weapons and superior runes...

I'm not prepared to make that exchange just to see i'll get 5 research notes or somethign.

Is this working as intended? Or do i need a mastery for this to work properly?

Perferably as spoiler free as possible.

Like, if i need a jade bot, just say, you need jade bot, don't spoil half the story on how i get the jade bot and what events and story parts lead to that.

Thank you!

You use the research salvage kit to salvage any craftable item.

It doesn't have have to be something you crafted yourself, just an item that has a corresponding recipe. You can buy stuff on tp, too.

Personally, I had a bunch of christmas and halloween food lying around, and I salvaged those. 

• Thanks 3

28 minutes ago, RabbitUp.8294 said:

You use the research salvage kit to salvage any craftable item.

It doesn't have have to be something you crafted yourself, just an item that has a corresponding recipe. You can buy stuff on tp, too.

Personally, I had a bunch of christmas and halloween food lying around, and I salvaged those. 

Ah, so that doesn't include indentified gear then? Cause most of that is also craftable, but doesn't actually let me salvage it. 

I'll try with the ghosts! Thanks!

18 hours ago, LucianDK.8615 said:

It still does. Buy 4c weak potion of something on tp. I made 5000 research notes.

But its the Pieces of Dragon Jade that is the pain point for Jadebot crafting.

Haha, those quickly went to 70c from when i saw this post ahha. 😄 

Luckily Strawberry ghost is still cheap. 🙂 

• Like 1

On 3/2/2022 at 5:06 PM, Veprovina.4876 said:

Haha, those quickly went to 70c from when i saw this post ahha. 😄 

Luckily Strawberry ghost is still cheap. 🙂 

Well they were. It looks like most Craftable food has evened out around 1s. A few like Roasted Parsnips or and Portabellas are slightly cheaper, but not a ton. Are there any non food items that haven't spiked yet?

1 hour ago, Sprezzatura.4625 said:

Well they were. It looks like most Craftable food has evened out around 1s. A few like Roasted Parsnips or and Portabellas are slightly cheaper, but not a ton. Are there any non food items that haven't spiked yet?

Everything spiked probably. 

I mean, judging by the research kit functionality, they were designed to do exactly this, to get rid of the useless items on tp no one wants to buy and Be a good sink in the process.

Also, tp barons probably bought all those 1c, 2c and everything below 1s, and are now selling it for 1 silver.

And since there's tens of thousands of those items, whoever did that is now even more rich than they were. 😛

Cause all those items literally spiked in 1 day. 

So between normal people buying those for salvaging, and tp barons making a profit, the spike was to be expected.

7 hours ago, Sleepwalker.1398 said:

Does this salvage work on sigils/runes also?

I tried on couple runes, it salvaged but no research notes received.

Then you didn't use a "Research Kit" for the salvage. If you can salvage it with the "Research Kit", it will give you "Research Notes". Don't use the normal salvage kits.

33 minutes ago, Astan Vizu.1208 said:

Then you didn't use a "Research Kit" for the salvage. If you can salvage it with the "Research Kit", it will give you "Research Notes". Don't use the normal salvage kits.

Correct kit was used.
I was testing to see if number of notes you get would be higher if you used a major or superior.
So suppose you used it on a "Major Rune of Balthazar", it gives you nothing where as others give you some.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Astan Vizu.1208 said:

I don't understand this. What determines whether something is salvagable or not?

E.g. "Grilled Portobello Mushroom" is salvagable and Chef lvl 150 whereas "Loaf of Tarragon Bread" is not salvagable and Chef lvl 300

As far as I've noticed, the recipes that work with mostly/only cheap vendor-bought materials (e.g. apple sauce) don't work. 

1 minute ago, LucianDK.8615 said:

It has to be crafted to work.

many low-level crafted items are marked as salvageable, but dont yield any notes when salvaged. for example grilled mushrooms, any kind of flavoured bread, bowls of candy corn custard, the list goes on. its mostly low-level items that are salvageable but dont return anything, but its incredibly inconsistent. Roasted rutabaga returns notes, but grilled mushrooms dont? it doesnt make any sense

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lord Dumpling.7914 said:

many low-level crafted items are marked as salvageable, but dont yield any notes when salvaged. for example grilled mushrooms, any kind of flavoured bread, bowls of candy corn custard, the list goes on. its mostly low-level items that are salvageable but dont return anything, but its incredibly inconsistent. Roasted rutabaga returns notes, but grilled mushrooms dont? it doesnt make any sense

I have had the same issue.  I crafted several different recipes with a chef, and many do not give research notes.  Is it buggy or just what exactly qualifies?  Guess I'll just make a mound of strawberry ghosts

1 hour ago, Farohna.6247 said:

I have had the same issue.  I crafted several different recipes with a chef, and many do not give research notes.  Is it buggy or just what exactly qualifies?  Guess I'll just make a mound of strawberry ghosts

Right now they are much cheaper to buy even at instant buy price. Crafting is almost 3x as expensive.

The items need to be craftable, it does not need to be crafted.

• Thanks 1