Elite spec Vindicator = Rlly bad

OoehheheoO.8924

The DPS is so bad on this elite spec even if you would go full berserker stats (what i did) and i tried the best possbile build for high dps but its still toooo weak, this elite spec was meant for dps and not support Anet so pls fix this and make the dps better, and also i am not the only one out there that thinks that this dps is a pure joke.

Edited by OoehheheoO.8924
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 9

mine hits like a truck! without any boons greatsword is slow but, you can speed it up by spamming Scavenger burst in a fight  which gives you 4 seconds of quickness on a skill with a 3 second recharge while at the same time hitting for 1,996 and giving you more damage threw might stacks

• Like 5

I have 3 Revs; the Monday I spent stacked hero points to unlock the full new specs from 5 of my characters and the Tuesday bough the rest with WvW currencies. I made space in the templates to test 3 Vindicator builds:

* A power Vindicator for PvP/WvW with sg + staf, Jalis + Shiro, with Devastation, Retribution and Vindicator. I run that build full berserker with Fireworks runes, energy sigils and force & cleansing. I'm already 21 matches into ranked PvP + HoT PvE maps using testing this one. Traits with a mix of stsain and support.

* A power Vindicator for OW PvE with the same weapons, runes and stats but Jalis + Alliance and replacing Retribution with Invocation, traits fucused on maximizing damage. Cuattently barely started to test this one in PvE.

* A condi Vindicator with full celestial stats, gs + mace & axe and Corruption + Retribution; still didn't play this one.

So far: the power PvP build has been decent in Ranked; climbing in gold. But won't compete vs power Hearld, which is more mobile and better +1 and at disengaging. The greatsword provides big burst for teamfights, but isn't as good as keeping pressure on foes. The best tactic I found is usually, starting an attack, then playing defensively for a while (evade, gs blocks, staff blocks, Jalis interreupts and sustain skills.... And then after surviving the pressure of the overcommited enemies releasing the big nukes. Vindi si not as good as Herald at chasing targets or ccing them.

Could end being and alternative to Renebow, but is more risky to play. Also, fear necros harcounters Vindicator (whereas Renebow. had good times vs them previous to the Forced Engagement nerf).

That build, tho, is garbage in HoT: seems to do decent vs PoF enemies, but just doesn't have the damage vs HoT ones. Had problems vs every Hero Point champion in the first HoT maps; died to ones which I even easily killed with core Rev. Died even to normal veterans as double smoke scales or double bristlebacks, foes which fall appart in seconds with either condi Herald or condi Renegade builds.

Things were better in PoF; those have lighter armor and lower HP. But overall I'm not impressed with the numbers in PvE. But worries me due the PvE build (even if works out) is more glass cannon. 

I'll keep playing Vindi in Ranked until the reach of 40-50 matches, then will came back to Herald & Renegade to test those vs the new specs.

In PvE I'll start to test the PvE build and celestial Vindi soon, bu so far I wouldn't encourage new players to run this spec: too brittle for the damage it delivers.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Telgum.6071 said:

In the Revenant subforum: Vindicator so weak please remake 😭

In the rest of the forum and ingame: Vindicator oneshoting enemies, doomed to be nerfed in PvP, 37k dps in raid.

The hell is wrong with this subforum

Actually I believe Vindicator will be nerfed because it's too cool. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

The damage is fine, but I don't believe Vindicator is designed to specifically be a high damage espec..there's other options already for that. I've found plenty of success with celestial Vindicator with high boon uptime and heal/barrier. Building it for raw DPS output seems like a waste of what it could be in my humble opinion.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

9 hours ago, Knighthonor.4061 said:

Maybe the greatsword has poor dps compared to Sword/Sword

Does it? I mean, the OP is claiming it's "RLLY BAD" ... I'm not sure the current INFORMED player shares that opinion. Sounds to me ... OP has a bad build or is camping auto. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

On 3/5/2022 at 2:03 PM, OoehheheoO.8924 said:

The DPS is so bad on this elite spec even if you would go full berserker stats (what i did) and i tried the best possbile build for high dps but its still toooo weak, this elite spec was meant for dps and not support Anet so pls fix this and make the dps better, and also i am not the only one out there that thinks that this dps is a pure joke.

37k DPS specc is bad? 

Your build / rotation maybe wrong. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Knighthonor.4061 said:

Maybe the greatsword has poor dps compared to Sword/Sword

The contrary, gs has more single target and cleave damage than sw/sw despite swords supposedly being the single target damage weapons. They are at least close enough that the optimal rotations so far utilize both sets, but it kind of leaves non vindicator power rev builds screwed.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Open world PvE Vindicator is sickening, slot sigil of stam on your sword and go to town literaly pogo sticking mass waves of mobs for 20-50k a piece.  Proc sigil and commence kangaroo spam mode.  For single target you do have self sustained quickness with 100% uptime and can run jalis for the cc thats needed.  Eternity requim is a solid 50k point blank nuke when your 100% crit with 4500 power buffed up.  Calling it bad dps sounds like a gear/skill issue as I am easily outkilling stuff while watching groups of 2-3 people stuggle on the same target type.  BTW freaking love aurene greatsword on vindicator and looking forward to the other dragon variants.  https://ibb.co/5hdyVNF  🙂  <---Deathblow effect from earlier DRM.

• Thanks 1

I did 38k on Golem ( Large ) with Jalis/Shiro and GS

The real problem is that Alliance is kind of bad in PvE. It feels like the legends were made to be a grab bag of useful things for PvP, but in PvE the numbers on the new legend seem too low making it inferior to just channeling upkeeps on Jalis and Shiro while doing rotations with GS and damage traits/gear/etc. Perhaps someone better at coming up with rotations than me can find a way to make it less kitten, but I couldn't. 

Edited by Master Ketsu.4569
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Master Ketsu.4569 said:

I did 38k on Golem ( Large ) with Jalis/Shiro and GS

The real problem is that Alliance is kind of bad in PvE. It feels like the legends were made to be a grab bag of useful things for PvP, but in PvE the numbers on the new legend seem too low making it inferior to just channeling upkeeps on Jalis and Shiro while doing rotations with GS and damage traits/gear/etc. Perhaps someone better at coming up with rotations than me can find a way to make it less kitten, but I couldn't. 

The trick to making it good in PvE is just camping arcehemorus and spamming scavenger burst on CD. Gives easy 100% quickness which is way better for dps than rotating upkeep skills

• Thanks 1

Yes people tend to be used to legend swapping a lot because of energy starvation but honestly archemorus is not really energy intensive, you can stay for a long time before having to swap. And since GS is superior in every single way to double sword, even the special skills 2 and 4 of sword is inferior to GS auto so it's pretty much.

Stay acr :
Press 2 and 5 on CD
Spam scavenger burst when up
Dodge when up
F2 when up
That's it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 3/5/2022 at 11:45 PM, Telgum.6071 said:

In the Revenant subforum: Vindicator so weak please remake 😭

In the rest of the forum and ingame: Vindicator oneshoting enemies, doomed to be nerfed in PvP, 37k dps in raid.

The hell is wrong with this subforum

how is 37k high compared to the other specs? 

1 hour ago, Ustaf.2953 said:

The trick to making it good in PvE is just camping arcehemorus and spamming scavenger burst on CD. Gives easy 100% quickness which is way better for dps than rotating upkeep skills

the problem with camping arch is that you revert to viktor every time you dismount. And if you dismount in water it even triggers heal or urn at random. 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Kidel.2057 said:

the problem with camping arch is that you revert to viktor every time you dismount. And if you dismount in water it even triggers heal or urn at random. 

Found way to fix that bug was to switch to saved renegade then back to vindicator, would stop the stance swap bug.

5 minutes ago, Mike.7983 said:

Found way to fix that bug was to switch to saved renegade then back to vindicator, would stop the stance swap bug.

goes immediately into saint if I do that. And if I wasp to arch and go into a mount or through a portal, it still goes back to saint. 😕 
Am I doing something wrong?

5 hours ago, Kidel.2057 said:

goes immediately into saint if I do that. And if I wasp to arch and go into a mount or through a portal, it still goes back to saint. 😕 

No clue then? Know someone else with that bug but not having it here,  able to mount and maintain the dps alliance skills

5 hours ago, Kidel.2057 said:

Most consistent fix seems to be:

1. Swap vindicator traitline for something else, a core line, Rene or Herald

2. Log out, log in 

3. Reapply vindicator and assign skills (remember underwater)

4. Profit

Haven't had it stuck in blue since I did this

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Ustaf.2953 said:

2. Log out, log in 

4. Profit

This seems to work, thanks. 

On 3/7/2022 at 3:54 PM, Ustaf.2953 said:

2. Log out, log in 

4. Profit

This worked.  Thank you!