Which is now the best solo profession?

grx.8714

With Anet deciding to nerf solo survivability for some odd reason with trait changed and especially tormenting rune nerf, which is now the best profession to do solo content?

Before the nerf renegade was top1, followed by scourge, right now maybe scourge is better than renegade? Or some new spec is going to take their place in your opinion?

For solo i mean a build able to clear the most difficult hero challenges, bounties etc.

Thanks.

Mechanist is S-tier for soloing- you can roll as pure glass and the bot is still a raidboss, but if you go cele it is just pure absurdity. For my nickel it has displaced cele FB/renegade/scourge in this slot, which are still strong but not on the same level.

I'd also include Vindicator in that new A-tier (behind mechanist but up w/ cele FB/renegade).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Loopgru.1026 said:

Mechanist is S-tier for soloing- you can roll as pure glass and the bot is still a raidboss, but if you go cele it is just pure absurdity. For my nickel it has displaced cele FB/renegade/scourge in this slot, which are still strong but not on the same level.

I'd also include Vindicator in that new A-tier (behind mechanist but up w/ cele FB/renegade).

Well my mech died on mushroom queen (tho i still did it) so it instantly focused me and I instantly lost half of my hp (with trailblazers), point is: it cant facetank everything.

Before eod the top 3 solo builds were: Staff/Staff mirage, renegade and Scourge.

My scourge and renegade had not a single problem soloing that hp and also did the other heropoints easier (avatar of balth for example). These were S tiers, Mirage didnt get a nerf (except tormenting rune) and it needs a bigger area to solo easier but its still S tier.

So I would put Mechanist under it.

I would list Mirage in S tier (I have no clue how Scourge and renegade are doing atm after nerf).
Then scourge, rene and mechanist A tier
and so on...

But thats just my opinion, I respect urs. I just wanted to explain that it cant facetank everything and that is still has weak points, which are for example stacked aoes (tarnished traitor aoes, mushroom queen aoes for example).

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Gorem.8104 said:

Bladesworn is the best Solo spec right now, Warriors are living it up, finally we get a turn being the strongest class at something! Go Bladesworn! Imagine Warriors being able to say that! 

Im actually really liking it in pvp as well, it has an high learning curve and cap, but also rewarding if played right, so after multiclassing a lot i decided to make it as my main.

What makes it that good in solo pve exactly?

And you go full berserker?

• Confused 1

Condi Soulbeast didn't rely on Tormenting runes or any other mechanic nerfed with EoD, so I'll asumme that is as broken and strong in in Solo PvE as was before the expansion, which means: can solo a huge amount of legendary bounties and fractal bosses.

Outside this, damage in condi Rev and Necro is as good as ever, just the sustain has been shaved. Do it affect their solo potential? I guess that requires more skill and they have a more narrow window for mistakes, but probably remain highly capable.

I don't agree about Bladesworn being the best at the moment: is tanky, but in a recent (excellent) video from Lord Hizen you can see that in killing time is lagging: 2'51" for Smoldge is 21" slower than Roul's Firebrand (pre-symbols nerf) or Mushroom Queen 1'22" vs 56", and 1'06" for Vintooth is way slower than viper Renegade. Anyway, my take is that none of the "best" solo builds are based on power builds: condition damage based ones always offer better tankyness and better damage over time, since they don't lose dps in the same way while they use defensive tools  (plus HoT foes have more armor than the Musashi, which negates tons of potential).

4 hours ago, grx.8714 said:

Im actually really liking it in pvp as well, it has an high learning curve and cap, but also rewarding if played right, so after multiclassing a lot i decided to make it as my main.

What makes it that good in solo pve exactly?

And you go full berserker?

Hang on, its a secret, i'll send a message 

• Like 1

On 3/7/2022 at 4:41 PM, captrowdy.9561 said:

Cele renegade. I hate to say the battle scars nerf where needed. It’s fine tho just need to push an extra button or so. 

Maybe some nerf was needed... but also over-nerfing healing multiplier?

Before it was 0.1, now is 0.006 🙄 they can just remove it (the base healing is 117, with full cele is 121)

The same goes for the damage multiplier of course.

• Haha 2

Mirage is definitely S tier but I would say you need to work harder on your positioning to optimize your damage. Mirage main source of DPS is torment and confusion. One punishes people who stand still, the other punishes people for using skill. So the ideal encounter would be a boss that attack very fast but is also never moving. Most bosses are melee so they tend to move a lot and I havent found a lot of fast attacking boss. Which means against your average boss you will want to be under their nose and make sure your clones arent all located on a single side so they dont go poof in one swing, but you also want to make sure your clones are at melee range so the boss doesnt start moving around.

It is really the only hard part in optimizing Mirage's DPS because you have no real control over your clones. 

• Confused 1

Celestial Weaver — Ele wasn't nerfed at all, so every meme build is still viable.

Celestial Firebrand — it's only Tom 1 nerf, so it doesn't matter against champs.

Celestial Willbender — much simplier than Firebrand.

Power Renegade (with battle scars) — the strongest side of power renegade is massive Crowd Control, because keeping mobs disabled prevents them from dealing damage.

Condi Harbinger Minionmancer — I tried it only on a golem with area damage and I was able to easy outheal that mid-dmg field. Blood Magic/Death Magic, celestial stats, runes of the Lich. (Why is everything celestial, omg).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Antycypator.9874 said:

Less buttons to press and there's a build with Scepter/Torch where all you have to do is press all damage skills off-cd.

Well less buttons doesn't always mean harder but ye lack of rotation would do it 😂. It has a very cool sword tho so maybe I will unlock it on my guardian for that. 

On 3/9/2022 at 5:15 AM, Antycypator.9874 said:

Celestial Weaver — Ele wasn't nerfed at all, so every meme build is still viable.

Celestial Firebrand — it's only Tom 1 nerf, so it doesn't matter against champs.

Celestial Willbender — much simplier than Firebrand.

Power Renegade (with battle scars) — the strongest side of power renegade is massive Crowd Control, because keeping mobs disabled prevents them from dealing damage.

Condi Harbinger Minionmancer — I tried it only on a golem with area damage and I was able to easy outheal that mid-dmg field. Blood Magic/Death Magic, celestial stats, runes of the Lich. (Why is everything celestial, omg).

Burn willbender: mix of Dire and Rabid(for some precision), u become immortal with a lot of burn DPS.

Ive been soloing with Sinister Willbender with Rune of Balthazar, Corruption and Smoldering Sigils. 
Radiance (2-2-1), Virtues (2-2-1), Willbender (1-1-2)
Shelter, Signet of Wrath, Rolling Light, Whirling Light, Renewed Focus   

S/T, GS

Enemies just melts. 

Edited by DragonSlayer.1087
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

Burn willbender: mix of Dire and Rabid(for some precision), u become immortal with a lot of burn DPS

I like having some power on Willbender; mainhand weapons are 100% power damage (Greatsword and Sword/Torch), and I'm almost crit capped solo (fury 20%, resolution 25%, 10% against burning enemies). It's a great hybrid spec.