Dragon's End Meta = I'm Done

It appears that ANet's stance on this is, you will enjoy our little milgrams experiment and like it. Anet is the guy in the white coat saying, attempt again after failure, the meta is the unknown guy screaming in pain when you the player are flipping the switch, and you the player, is the guy telling the white coat, please don't make me flip that switch again, and the white coat, is responding by telling you, no no, it's fine, the meta is voluntary, flip the switch again.  ... if you don't know what a Milgrams experiment is, look it up.  ...

Edited by Tungsten Monarch.6058
typo
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

Well i dont see a reason for making all content zero challenging and easy, first your gonna get things fast and stop playing and second is boring. Thats maybe why gw2 has not been at any time a leader in the MMO scene.

Edited by Izzy.2951
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 23
  • Sad 1

Just now, Izzy.2951 said:

Well i dont see a reason for making all zero challenging and easy, first your gonna get things fast and stop playing and second is boring. Thats maybe why gw2 has not been at any time a leader in the MMO scene.

I want you to logically explain why being dependent on 49 OTHER people is challenging. ... you  have no means of mind control, you have no means of making the 49 other people better, you can't solo the Meta, etc.. honestly, you make no sense in your argument considering the factors outside of the players control. See if you can make a better one since my ability to get a Turtle Egg has little to nothing to do with me, or my ability.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Izzy.2951 said:

Well i dont see a reason for making all content zero challenging and easy, first your gonna get things fast and stop playing and second is boring. Thats maybe why gw2 has not been at any time a leader in the MMO scene.

Thats not really the point. Making everything zero challenging and easy. But locking a siege turtle mechanic behind such a ridiculous wall such as a meta where you have to have to have tons of people join in and invest a couple hours of times in doing events before a long fight you will probably lose and then can not get the siege turtle mastery track? The easy way out they are adding of you can just now buy the egg throw us your money. Its a fluke. Like lets kitten people off so much and then make them want it so bad they will literally give us more direct money for it, milking us. They could have done a much better job making this mastery track more fun to get not so infuriating and time consuming to BEGIN it.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Maddoghalo.5962 said:

Thats not really the point. Making everything zero challenging and easy. But locking a siege turtle mechanic behind such a ridiculous wall such as a meta where you have to have to have tons of people join in and invest a couple hours of times in doing events before a long fight you will probably lose and then can not get the siege turtle mastery track? The easy way out they are adding of you can just now buy the egg throw us your money. Its a fluke. Like lets kitten people off so much and then make them want it so bad they will literally give us more direct money for it, milking us. They could have done a much better job making this mastery track more fun to get not so infuriating and time consuming to BEGIN it.

I'm just hoping to get the Turtle Egg through the Meta before they eventually add some other way to obtain it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

12 minutes ago, Izzy.2951 said:

or thats why game wasnt failed long time ago?

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Izzy.2951 said:

It is by far the open world event that i most enjoyed, so it is working. Arenanet has said that the numbers in people getting Siege Turtle is going up, and they made more changes for it to be more accesible while still challenging. Also theres gonna be other way to adquire the egg and they are also looking at more rewards for the event.

Your feedback is the same feedback that has made gw2 look like a complete casual autistic game.

I am actually curious about this. Did they explicitly say other ways to get the egg? Because if they did I am on board for that. I don't do the meta nor care for any of the metas the game has to offer because it is not my thing(I do leave if a map is requesting it though and go to another zone.), but if they add the egg in non meta way I will go for it.

Edited by Doctor Hide.6345

I dont mind working for stuff, I dont mind "challenging" but its TOO much! It should be geared more toward casual, open world players, and NOT depend on the other 49 people doing everything right, like a raid would! People paid $30. - $80. dollars for the expansion pack, THEN the promised turtle mount is locked behind a meta event, that is nearly impossible to win, without all 50 people knowing what they're doing! Oh, and someone said that we can pay for the mount now? How is that fair, after we paid for the expansion, that said it was included, to get it?!  My friends and I were just talking about how it makes ya not even wanna play...too much time spent, to lose over and over again. Its just so frustrating. 

Edited by Mia.6105
  • Like 18
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Izzy.2951 said:

if that was true, then hot would had been a big success, and they wouldnt have to nerf pretty much everything they make

if they had followed the tested formula, they prolly would had been at the top of mmos now

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

I, too, actually enjoy the meta event even though it's harder. After about 7 attempts, I found a map that had good rng with the fight, there is definitely that going on which would be nice to get addressed.  I found this open world content new and challenging. It reminds me of when Triple Trouble first came out and teamspeaks were going 24/7 to down that.

It attracted different player types then and in that instance, there was more of a bonding reaction where people were helping each other improve numbers and formulate strategies as a group.   There were no mounts involved, people just wanted to do it. Possibly, if I recall, it was more of a server race versus being about a reward but server instances don't exist anymore.

What does, or did I guess,  suck here is that this mount is locked behind this meta so again, there are different player types interacting to get something accomplished together but this time, it's the opposite reaction of what happened when Triple Trouble came out.

I would have preferred they made the turtle mount more easily accessible for everyone, possibly even  through the story itself. Alternatively, if there was going to be something locked behind this meta, it could have been an exclusive skin for the turtle or unlocks related to the turtle mount through random drops, an infusion, etc making it worth doing but not something mandatory to unlock a part of the expansion that everyone was looking forward to.

Edited by Nodo.6907
  • Like 6

5 hours ago, Sentient Anomaly.9473 said:

Hello everyone, we have an update from the Guild Wars 2 team. We'll be localizing this for German, French, and Spanish as soon as possible:

Hi all,

Last week we made some changes to the final encounter of the Jade Sea meta event to help improve the accessibility of the fight, and we’re happy to see that the rate of successful event completions continues to rise each day. We’ve kept a close eye on the community discussion after those updates were made, and today we have two more changes that we’d like to discuss.

First, effective immediately, we’ve reduced the frequency at which the Jade Sea Final Boss activates their 'Tail' by about ~50%. This will give players longer windows to deal damage to the boss and contend with the various other mechanics of the encounter. To be clear, this change does not require a game build to take effect.

Second, in the March 15 update, we’ll be providing players with an alternate path for acquiring the Siege Turtle Egg, which unlocks the collection required for the Siege Turtle mount. We’ll be adding a new vendor to the Jade Sea map that will sell the Siege Turtle Egg at the cost of 200 Writs of the Jade Sea. The Siege Turtle Egg will continue to be awarded to players that successfully complete the “Battle for Jade Sea” meta event, so players will have the choice to unlock the collection via a challenging meta encounter or through time investment.

We’re looking forward to seeing how today’s “tail” adjustment plays out, and we’ll continue to iterate on the fight until it achieves our goal of being a challenging yet doable encounter for most of our players. Achieving that goal will require continued attention from us, and some patience and learning from our players. This situation feels not too dissimilar to the release of Tequatl, Triple Trouble, or Dragon Stand, all of which are popular encounters in Guild Wars 2 to this day.

As always, thank you for your feedback!

We'll see you in-game,

• The Guild Wars 2 Team

1 hour ago, Mia.6105 said:

I dont mind working for stuff, I dont mind "challenging" but its TOO much! It should be geared more toward casual, open world players, and NOT depend on the other 49 people doing everything right, like a raid would! People paid $30. - $80. dollars for the expansion pack, THEN the promised turtle mount is locked behind a meta event, that is nearly impossible to win, without all 50 people knowing what they're doing! Oh, and someone said that we can pay for the mount now? How is that fair, after we paid for the expansion, that said it was included, to get it?!  My friends and I were just talking about how it makes ya not even wanna play...too much time spent, to lose over and over again. Its just so frustrating. 

1 hour ago, Maddoghalo.5962 said:

I think you both have not read this. There is nothing in that comment saying you have to throw more money at it.

"Second, in the March 15 update, we’ll be providing players with an alternate path for acquiring the Siege Turtle Egg, which unlocks the collection required for the Siege Turtle mount. We’ll be adding a new vendor to the Jade Sea map that will sell the Siege Turtle Egg at the cost of 200 Writs of the Jade Sea. The Siege Turtle Egg will continue to be awarded to players that successfully complete the “Battle for Jade Sea” meta event, so players will have the choice to unlock the collection via a challenging meta encounter or through time investment."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Sleepwalker.1398 said:

I think you both have not read this. There is nothing in that comment saying you have to throw more money at it.

"Second, in the March 15 update, we’ll be providing players with an alternate path for acquiring the Siege Turtle Egg, which unlocks the collection required for the Siege Turtle mount. We’ll be adding a new vendor to the Jade Sea map that will sell the Siege Turtle Egg at the cost of 200 Writs of the Jade Sea. The Siege Turtle Egg will continue to be awarded to players that successfully complete the “Battle for Jade Sea” meta event, so players will have the choice to unlock the collection via a challenging meta encounter or through time investment."

TY for quoting that. OK. So I just need to farm 200 writs then.

• Like 1

I guess I'll add my own view. I'm causual. Casual as one can be. I've only two days ago had time to at least see how that meta looks like and finish the story. And I'm sooo disappointed. I've heard it's awesome, cool looking and so on from some people. I've seen none of it. I'm disappointed by whole EoD, ever since I stepped out from prison. The first disappointment was the chicken guard.

Any good thing? ... Maybe Bladestorm? But i don't know what weapons should I use with it. Virtuoso is a little disappointing.

Anyways.

I don't mind at all harder content, more complicated one. With all the open world content already available it's reasonable to add something harder. I was looking forward to that too, when I heard that, but not to the point when people need to prepare like for a hard raid and even then they have only max 5 min left. It's insane. It's stupid. For us casual players this literaly means we won't get anywhere near this place, EVER. 

So what could be a solution? From what I saw, raid level preparation is needed only because of time limit. So how about extending the timeframe? And since those tryhard WoW refugees like going hard how about leaving current timeframe for some bigger rewards? But not exclusive rewards. At least that's my opinion.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Sleepwalker.1398 said:

Looking at that first quote... Is really the frequency of that tail popping up the problem? When I played the problem looked like we had no time to get to the tail and do damage, because the dragon just flipped sides all the time. We maybe had 2 sec to do any damage. Which is too little.

1 hour ago, Sleepwalker.1398 said:

What is a writ of the Jade Sea? do they mean to say Writ of Dragons End?