Is EoD really THAT bad?

7 hours ago, CoolRanchDoritos.5340 said:

Not sure if I should buy or not after reading forums.

You may wanna ask a specific question you want answered. Because if you already read the forum, you know what people consider bad about the expansion, thus I really struggle to see what additional information you need.

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, CoolRanchDoritos.5340 said:

Not sure if I should buy or not after reading forums.

Please bear in mind that for every "disappointed" post in here, there's probably thousands of players having a great time with EoD in-game. Me included, I love the new xpac. It's got great environments, some of the best storytelling they've done for GW2, maps are varied and there's lots of cool events and the map metas seem to be on par with the HoT-era, after having played them a couple of times. However, it's a bit early for me to see the long term view and goals of what I want to work towards as rewards so I'm not yet sure whether the meta rewards are good or not - many seem to think they're a bit too little rewarding right now. There's new strikes that are enjoyable, and CMs that will come soon.

The official forums seem to be a go-to place for critics and moaners; however, there's been some posts here but even more on Reddit praising EoD too, but it's still quite new and people calling it disappointing already are really a bit quick to jump the gun, in my opinion at least.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

The story is excellent.  One of their best yet. Tho one section, can buy out and leave you stuck in the floor. There's a checkpoint right before it, so its no big deal.

There are ALOT of checkpoints to help with going after achieves, theyre well placed.

The maps meta events tho, often fail still and Kainengs meta often bugs out.

The rewards are terrible.

the fishing is a fun little activity.  The skiffs are mostly pointless/forced. 

The jade bot wp/rez, is useful but the power core being character dependent is annoying and costly atm.

Hero points are one of the easiest to get in this expac. The maps are beautiful. 

I think its worth it. But I dont really do the meta events.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

The more I've played it the more I'm enjoying the new content and imo it's definitely worth the price. At first I didn't like New Kaineng being so big but guess I'm getting used to it by now. And I'm now addicted to fishing in a computer game - gotta catch them all! :classic_biggrin: Can't wait to see what new LW seasons bring.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

EoD is awesome. I've been guilty of complaining but overrall its a really good expac. I think the majority of players are upset with the final meta because it requires some thought, some failures, some experience, and the nail in the coffin is the seige turtle is locked behind it so all the casual players who are new or have been playing since release are bummed because they want the turtle but also don't feel like it's necessary to work for it I guess? This game spoils you in every direction and is basically a giant QoL fix from every other mmo. The EoD mechanics aren't even hard, but they are there and punish you if you don't react to them. I like the difficulty honestly, it makes the game more impactful and memorable. It reminds me of the HoT metas when they came out and finally beating those felt so good. Haven't had that feeling again since the boneskinner strike and now EoD meta. 

The other complaint is EoD elite specs. It's almost as if they avoided anything the community wanted and went with weird jumbled up messes of new concepts. They've traded practicality for cool gimmicks. It can be a bummer for some, but sometimes it feels cool to me. We already have 2 specs for each class that kinda have defined roles and are acceptable. I think these new ones bring something fun and different to the table, but I also believe they all kinda need big changes in order to focus not only on a cohesive, comprehendable concept, but also a clear role in what they provide. The reason this upsets people is not because they aren't that perfect now, it's because people don't like waiting 6 months for changes that could possibly be questionable. 

With that said, people are making mountains out of mole hills and the forum goers can't be pleased. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

If you care about story, then EoD is arguably the best expansion they've made so far.

If you care about spec, I would say it's 50/50. You have spec like Specter that are busted in SPvP and WvW but you also have spec like Mechanist that are among the best for PvE but trash for WvW and decent for SPvP simply for the fact it's a small 5 v 5.

If you care about the meta event it's actually pretty good. They've added a Dragonstand like meta event so it is already a + from me. However unlike the rest of the game EoD respect your intelligence as a player and expect you to know what CC is, what damage is, learn the mechanic.....  So based on your masteries of those things, you will find the meta event harder or easier. But if you put aside all the drama and just focus on the event, it is pretty well designed. 

I've seen people complain about bugs, but personnally I've only had one bug and they patched it within the few hours. I did not encounter any gamebreaking bugs, maybe some small inconvenient one but I dont even remember, it should tell you about how insignificant they were.

Edited by Alcatraznc.3869
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1