Is EoD really THAT bad?

No, it's not. It's got its fair share of bugs but that's to be expected, and a few questionable design choices, but overall I am enjoying it a lot and so are most of my guildmates and most of the people I chat with in map chat. In general forums aren't a great place to get a general player consensus because only a very small amount of people post here, and the ones that do tend to only be here to complain (which is fine). 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

It’s not terrible at all. There’s a lot of really good stuff in it. Some questionable design decisions. The normal bugs of a launch.

It depends a lot on what kind of player you are whether how you’ll feel about it. Some kinds of players will get more out of it than others.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I'm enjoying it a lot. Its more guild wars, if you've played any previous content you already know how good or bad it is. Theres bugs and individual things which are a bit annoying but the general experience is of a pretty high guild wars standard

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

In my opinion EoD is the best thing anet has put out in a long time.

EoD maps are much more rich in content than PoF maps were, and there’s always stuff going on wherever you go. The story is interesting, there are many achievements to work on and the metas are fun and engaging.

Yes, there are a few bugs to fix, Dragon’s End meta needs further tuning and some of the new classes are in need of tweaking, but anet seems to be on top of these issues.

Edited by bthomas.3605
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

If you love the gameplay and story of GW2, I can nearly guarantee you will enjoy this expansion. 

There is no such thing as a flawless game and a new release of any game is expected to have bugs and contain things that need tuning.

Also the ratio of constructive criticism vs just complaining is very warped. There are way more people in game and content ; then those who are posting paragraphs of text.

Some highlights of this expansion:

* Music

* Story presentation / humor / voice acting

* Map design with meta events that engage the whole area

* Skiffs and Fishing add a new and immersive way to traverse and explore Tyria.

* EoD makes me excited for what they will do next with GW2. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Despot.3048 said:

The forums are the worst place you can come to for opinions. Every rancid neckbeard with an opinion squats in their respective corners preaching about how EoD is gaming Armageddon. 

Sir, this is not Reddit. You are mistaking forums with Reddit.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, mythical.6315 said:

It’s worth the money but unless you’re an AP hunter, you’ll run out of things to do fairly quickly. 

Unfortunately some really interesting quest lines are hidden as collection achievements when they really are more like a side story quest. 

That aside, yeah I'd say I got my monies worth.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

It's pretty good tbh. Worth the playthrough. Some mastery bonuses are valid in any map.

We'll see what they do with making the content more rewarding and fixing the meta(s). Atm I have no reason to go back to those maps. Could be different for you if you like AP or the new legendaries.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

No not at all, the maps are lovely.  The story is pretty good in my opinion.  But there are things that need work and things that are subjectively good or bad depending on personal preference.  For instance lots of people love the fishing.  I hate it, I can't do it very well.  But that doesn't make it bad per se, it just makes it bad for ME.  I would suggest getting it if you like the game and want to continue.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you play the game a lot I think its worth getting it, at least for completion sake.

If not, probably makes sense to get it at a discount. If it gets discounted to 15 eu I think you will be getting good value for your money. At 30 eu its not horrible, but you can probably buy 2-3 discounted indie games and have way more fun for way longer.

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1