I guess I'm not going to get the siege turtle.

Agreed. I'd like to see an alternative method than the strike mission, for all game modes: PvE, PvP, and WvW. For PvE it could be dungeons, world bosses, collections, etc. - doesn't have to be strike missions.

I really dislike the fact that Anet are forcing us to do stuff we don't want to do, all because of the notion that 'we might like it'. Life doesn't work that way. I liken this to a metaphor the same way pushing me into water (if I have a fear of water), is going to somehow make me feel less fearful of water. I'll still have the fear of water, but instead, I'll now also despise the person who pushed me (Anet).

I hate strike missions also, and I'd like to see an alternative to it. I don't care if it's 5k skirmish tickets and takes me forever, but I'd rather stick my head in a fat vat than do raid-like content for a siege turtle mount.

I guess I'm not getting the siege turtle mount either. Add me to the list.

• Like 32
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

On 3/15/2022 at 3:16 AM, Tom.6478 said:

This is not really a complaint. Some things in this game are, or should be for the better players.

I never do strike missions because I'm not that good. My fingers and reflexes are poor. And since I don't do them, I have a hard time to even understanding the mechanics of and given mission.

The two times I have tried this mission was embarrassing. Thats not fun.

I just wish there was an alternative way to get the thruster control unit even if it took a lot of grinding

You tried 2 times and already claim that you will never be succesful. 

Where is learning? Where is motivation and not giving up? What is happening with people all around the world having the feeling that everything should be easy and with every obstacle they give up. 

Come on man. You can do it. Learn the behavior of mechanics and most of all don't give up. 

Edit: this was meant to be motivational. But I guess im failing, looking at all the negative reactions and comments to my post. I don't say the content isn't hard or maybe even undoable. But please: Don't expect that everything will be done the first time. A lot of people want to help: Reach out. Talk to the people in your squad and try to learn together. But dont give up. You can do it. 

Edited by Cronospere.8143
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 12
  • Confused 32
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, Zaoda.1653 said:

I really dislike the fact that Anet are forcing us to do stuff we don't want to do, all because of the notion that 'we might like it'.

It's even worse because they keep repeating it even long after they should have already learned that i am simply not interested. How many times do i have to say "Thanks, but i do not want it" before someone finally believes me? Because it's been already 7 years and they still do not seem to get it.

50 minutes ago, Cronospere.8143 said:

Where is learning?

Not interested.

Where is motivation and not giving up?

Anet killed it.

What is happening with people all around the world having the feeling that everything should be easy and with every obstacle they give up.

What is happening with all the people that feel that things should be hard just for the sake of being hard? It's a game, and entertainment media. And i sure as kitten do not feel entertained.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 23
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 12
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

It's even worse because they keep repeating it even long after they should have already learned that i am simply not interested. How many times do i have to say "Thanks, but i do not want it" before someone finally believes me? Because it's been already 7 years and they still do not seem to get it.

Not interested.

Anet killed it.

What is happening with all the people that feel that things should be hard just for the sake of being hard? It's a game, and entertainment media. And i sure as kitten do not feel entertained.

Absolutely this!  I play games to have fun, if part of the game is not fun - I skip that part.  All the 'enticements' will not make be take part in gameplay that is not fun for me. 

So far, this is the best story in the GW franchise. I am not through with it yet because I am in no hurry, but it is the most fun story they ever wrote.  It could be the first story I actually finish... but if I have to do a ridiculous strike mission... perhaps not.  I hope they nerf the heck out of it before I get there. 😎

• Like 12
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Sarius.9285 said:

It's  not part of the story, and it's far from challenging

I am glad it is not part of the story, and I am glad it is now optional. They are adding a vendor to sell the eggs.  I have not gotten to that part of the story yet because there is no hurry.  I figure we have a few months before the next expansion - if there is one.  Like 50 or 60 months ha ha 😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Tukaram.8256 said:

am glad it is not part of the story, and I am glad it is now optional

it has always been optional. 

1 minute ago, Tukaram.8256 said:

I have not gotten to that part of the story yet because there is no hurry

which part?

1 minute ago, Tukaram.8256 said:

Like 50 or 60 months ha ha 😎

probably around 20-30 at most

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

34 minutes ago, Noah Salazar.5430 said:

I personaly like that mount is locked behide harder content

If you spot someone with Turtle, your racher thinking "wow 😮" and it's give more of Prestige for having it

It's more of like treauser 🥰

Turtle mount is not prestige item. At least, it shouldn't be. It should be obtainable/available to everyone that plays this game that only want to press 1 button.

Edited by Yellow Rainbow.6142
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 7

7 hours ago, Tom.6478 said:

This is not really a complaint. Some things in this game are, or should be for the better players.

I never do strike missions because I'm not that good. My fingers and reflexes are poor. And since I don't do them, I have a hard time to even understanding the mechanics of and given mission.

I just wish there was an alternative way to get the thruster control unit even if it took a lot of grinding

What time and server do you play? I will help you to get through strike mission.

I know it doesn't solve the general problem but at least you can have yours.

P.S. I still don't support the idea of locking battle mount behind anything that requires mores than pressing 1 button.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Not interested.

Anet killed it.

It sure sounds like you're playing the wrong game... 7 years too long even. And this is not criticism, just me being baffled you have stuck around so long when it sounds like your preferences are completely at odds with what Guild Wars 2 is offering.

This game would be completely dead if everything was as menial as you want it to be. There is absolutely no future for an MMO that sets such a low bar that it never asks for any engagement or effort involved in acquiring some lucrative rewards.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 16

28 minutes ago, Sarius.9285 said:

and it is, just like the warclaw, legendaries, skyscale, etc. It just takes a little effort, like those other things as well

The warclaw and skyscale should not be put in the same list as legendary items. Mounts and gear is like comparing apples with pears. In this case the mounts are the better thing to compare it to. So guess what? The warclaw and skyscale do take effort but that effort doesn't involve being good at combat and knowing your class in and out and knowing the mechanics of a boss fight. 

The warclaw you can get by running along with a com badge on the map. No need for you to be any good in combat.

As a side note: I would not consider the skyscale a little effort, nor legendaries. It's a lot of effort. The Warclaw by comparison is indeed a little effort. But people are willing to put in effort. That's not the issue.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 2

52 minutes ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

involve being good at combat and knowing your class in and out and knowing the mechanics of a boss fight. 

if it would require the End of Dragons Meta, or the Harvest Temple Strike, I would agree, but the Kaineng Strike literally only has 1 mechanic that you need to pay attention to, which is a big Roman number above your head. You don't even need cc or high dps for that Strike.

54 minutes ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

But people are willing to put in effort

No they're not apparently. Because if they were, they would at least try the Strike. And again, the Kaineng Strike is one of the easiest instanced group content we got with EoD

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

8 hours ago, Tom.6478 said:

I am disabled. My left arm doesn't rotate.

I've failed a lot of times but kept trying until i got better.

Keep trying and getting better, you will be way happier when you complete it

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

it's a game, why force people to play content they dont want to...?

it's like you just want to play minesweeper and someone says you HAVE TO play solitaire to unlock the next level

(for the record i have done all strikes, do them weekly/daily as needed and i max out the shards each week)

i appreciate games may need hard content as well as easy to survive, but thats no reason to force easy content people into hard

Edited by Peterson.5172
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 8
  • Confused 4

15 minutes ago, Peterson.5172 said:

it's a game, why force people to play content they dont want to...?

it's like you just want to play minesweeper and someone says you HAVE TO play solitaire to unlock the next level

(for the record i have done all strikes, do them weekly/daily as needed and i max out the shards each week)

i appreciate games may need hard content as well as easy to survive, but thats no reason to force easy content people into hard

But it is not hard content. It doesn’t have a timer or difficult mechanics. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 5
  • Confused 5

2 hours ago, Noah Salazar.5430 said:

I personaly like that mount is locked behide harder content

If you spot someone with Turtle, your racher thinking "wow 😮" and it's give more of Prestige for having it

It's more of like treauser 🥰

Wow, someone won RNGesus roulette and luckily beat meta also luckily got a team capable of beating overscaled sponge hp in strike, such prestige, such wows, I'm gonna drop on my knees from all that shine from such persona.
Treasures have some value, turtle has none beside wasted hours.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 7
  • Confused 5