Tired of people complaining about harbinger

On 3/16/2022 at 2:29 PM, Master Ketsu.4569 said:

The elite has a terrible animation.

Honestly all the elixirs have terrible animations. Getting randomly crit by a 7.5k quickness cast, elixir of ambition is not fun, especially when you're running around on berserker ele. Literally any other elixir in combination with the elite can KO you. Not fun.

Besides that I wish shroud on harbinger was visibly smaller compared to its HP. It should only take a glance for me to recognize the information on the screen. We have a another UI issue with specter and its shroud.

Some QoL improvements would be nice.

• Confused 1

23 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Lmao we're just determined to make sure everyone suffers while playing anything that is a class we don't play, while somehow expecting enough people will still play it to give us dopamine for beating them 

This has basically been the state of the PvP forums forever.  Maybe see a few exceptions where everyone complains about one class.

Mostly rock saying nerf paper and scissors, regardless of performance.

• Confused 1

On 3/15/2022 at 9:59 PM, lightDestroyer.1265 said:

Yes it does a lot of dmg, but its best attacks are highly telegraphed.

False. The animations on Harbinger are complete garbage. The elixers have no discernible animation. The lift is yet another example of the crappy "necro handwave" animation that is barely discernable until after the skill already lands, and you have no idea where it is being cast even if you can squint your eyes enough to see it because there is no red circle indicator for where the skill will appear.  Once the main animation appears, the skill has already hit. There is barely any difference in animation between the pistol skills except rate of fire. Overall very poor quality animations.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Pati.2438 said:

to be fair the only not so balanced thing on harbringer is the cc+damage. I found the damage itself fine as it is but srsly you nerf cc skills to 0 but let harbringer dealing 15k+ damage on a hard cc skill... xD

what hard cc is hitting with 15k? shroud 4 isnt hard cc, just daze... daze isnt part of the cc dmg nerfs. on no class. ele comet does dmg. spellbraker degger does dmg on daze skill too as far as i know and there are a lot of further examples. overbearing smash from, untaimed hammer too.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Pati.2438 said:

@Zero.3871 yea they do damage but not 5k while also doing daze. All they do is just daze and like idk 1k max damage. Also if necr is alow to got a daze skill dealing burst damage why is axe burst on warr as mutch damage but nothing else xD.

1. you criticized shroud 4 being hard cc, but in fact it isnt...so your point is gone

2. jumping from one accusation to another is not really solid way to argue. but here you try to find something else to justify your opinion, comparing warrior axe to shroud 4. but fine...i try to explain

you dont balance just around 2 skills. balancing means comparing the full potential of classes (each class should have strenghts and weaknesses). but different classes have different designs. different designs means every class has unique aspects that got focused in design proces, making them strong in different parts of game (1v1, groupfights,...). for example thiefs are designed for high mobility, stealth and single target dmg. necros are designed as slow paced aoe heavy class to control battlefield. comparing just 1 aspect always means 1 of them to be broken compared to the other one.

in aspects of mobility thief is way better then necro.

in aspect of aoe pressure in fights necro is way better then thief.

depending of what aspect you choose thief or necro looks broken compared the other one. so choosing 1 aspect or just 2 skills to compare is nuts. i am not saying anything broken or not. just the way you try to argue is wrong. i still think a  lot of classes from eod still needs adjustments. on harb, elixiers shouldnt do that much dmg. also dmg buffs from 100% on shroud 3 and 4 seems to high.

but there are some more specs that need adjustments. and like you saw in last patch with adjustments to vindicator and mechanist, balancing is still happening. but just needs some more time for anet. 

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

I think the only problem is the float since its affects the entire point and everyone on it and is extremely disruptive to the natural flow of PvP games. The same goes for Gravity Well, too.

Crowd control should be a way to react to tells, not preemptively cripple your opponent. All that does is lower the overall skill floor by encouraging direct, frontal assaults filled with mindless skill spam.

I fight other players for a challenge, not to feel like I'm in a Marvel film.

Edited by Hannelore.8153
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Koensol.5860 said:

What irritates me the most is the amount of damage on mindless 1 spam. It's already hella fast and with quickness it's just a machine gun. Why is it always necro that has these kind of braindead playstyles....

Uff we are at that point already? Ok. So if you have a problem with necro shroud one press alt+f4 and leave pvp or test necro and find out how easy it is a ranked pvp match with solid players (not bots) to just press 1 and kill people. You will get laughed at. Reaper shroud 1 does more dmg and is done from a dmg absorbing shroud without being an projectile which you can reflect/block. May open up another post about reaper being op first.

• Confused 3

I say everyone here should let the meta work itself out accordingly. There are ways to hard counter a harbinger and will eventually be played if its as oppressive as this thread claims to be. The only time the damage is oppresive is when they use their ultimate to gain 25 might.  Frankly necro as a profession has no business gaining those type of boons that easily and should 100% be nerfed imo.

• Confused 1

@Zero.3871 idk where i write that shroud 4 is hard cc lmao. Also yes i compare 2 skills with each cause of the reason that it made no sense that a skill is allowed to be this good. I mean that shroud 4 skill alone is mobility+daze+high damage just in 1 skill alone. I would find it only fair enough if that daze Effekt would gone away since this alone would made the skill less annoying to fight against. 

(Also im around to be the gs 4 Ranger hater too cause also this skill do to mutch (block+evade+knockback+damage) compared to other classes skills (engi block+daze/warrior block/guardian knockback)

• Confused 1

On 3/16/2022 at 5:22 AM, lightDestroyer.1265 said:

Well,  that and the fact that harbringer has bad sustain period.  Take away the dmg and harbringer is useless.  I mean it is still bad, but not utterly useless like it will become after nerf. 

So 19k base health going down to 15k with blight on full glass builds is bad? Spectral walk and other utilities struggle to remove condis? Also 12k+ shroud4 is not enough to pressure the enemy?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

At first, I didn't enjoy fighting any Harbingers(whether power or condi) when EoD patch approached. I didn't comprehend its mechanics nor its abilities at all. Some time later,  I imagined the Harbinger as the Sandwraith from Prince of Persia: Warrior Within.

No more complaints about it. No more suffering. I don't mind fighting the Harbinger any longer - whether win and go on or lose and embrace death.

• Confused 1

On 3/18/2022 at 8:17 PM, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Lmao we're just determined to make sure everyone suffers while playing anything that is a class we don't play, while somehow expecting enough people will still play it to give us dopamine for beating them 

Yep, as ele main I enjoy seeing everyone else suffer in pain and sorrow

• Confused 2

11 hours ago, Pati.2438 said:

The Difference is still harbringer shrout 1 is a range attack and deal still insane damage (idk the exact number but should be around 3k per sek). While reaper is melee and deal around 4-5k per sek. So yes reaper deal more 1 spam damage but thats fair since its melee only.

I dont get your logic. If 3k per sec is insane why is 4-5k ok? Just because its melee?? You get how little 900 range is yeah? I mean we are talking full bersi gear here. So lets say average hp is at 15k u need 5 sec of pure auto attack to down someone with max range of 900. If you let yourself be attack for 5 sec you DESERVE to die. Also full bersi harbinger is like sic them up ranger with less range and no invis. Its a one trick pony. There are surely many problems with eod speccs. Harbinger shroud 1 AA is none of them.

• Confused 1

18 hours ago, Zero.3871 said:

???? ->

pls tell me what other "HARD" cc skill on harb dealing 15k+dmg then ur mentioning

I know maybe you roam in wvw with harbinger, the celestial variant is one of the easiest most broken and easy ape builds ever made.

I dont care about it being strong in solo roaming in the same level as celestial scrapper and nades are there. But in spvp the damage needs a serious tune down, and add some sort of precast visual effect on elixirs which are no fun being hit for 7k or more without any tell or possibility to dodge.

• Confused 2

10 hours ago, Bale.3851 said:

I dont get your logic. If 3k per sec is insane why is 4-5k ok? Just because its melee?? You get how little 900 range is yeah?

It's a question of risk/reward and ease of use. It is much easier to land those autos on harbinger. And there is less risk for harbinger. 

While I personally don't have any problem with harbinger, I agree that harbinger is much stronger than reaper nowadays.

• Confused 1