Mechanist is currently destroying the game. Please consider adjusting it ASAP.

Shiyo.3578

The mech can EASILY tank strike bosses. It should not be able to generate enmity at all.

The mech makes all open world content a snoozefest and extremely safe. Actually safer than any torment runes/self sustain build you nerfed going into EoD.

Support mechanist is just as good as Firebrand in groups(provides alac instead of quickness though).

DPS mechanist is doing extremely high DPS.

The skill floor on this class is extremely low, probably the lowest in the entire game.

You can do ~26k DPS while literally AFK only auto-attacking.

Resources:

https://snowcrows.com/builds/engineer/mechanist/heal-alacrity-mechanist

https://snowcrows.com/builds/engineer/mechanist/power-alacrity-mechanist

https://snowcrows.com/builds/engineer/mechanist/condition-mechanist

https://snowcrows.com/benchmarks

Edited by Shiyo.3578
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 15
  • Confused 44
  • Sad 4

23 minutes ago, Shiyo.3578 said:

The mech can EASILY tank raid bosses. It should not be able to generate enmity at all.

The mech makes all open world content a snoozefest and extremely safe. Actually safer than any torment runes/self sustain build you nerfed going into EoD.

Support mechanist is just as good as Firebrand in groups(provides alac instead of quickness though).

The skill floor on this class is extremely low, probably the lowest in the entire game.

https://snowcrows.com/builds/engineer/mechanist/heal-alacrity-mechanist

https://snowcrows.com/builds/engineer/mechanist/power-alacrity-mechanist

https://snowcrows.com/builds/engineer/mechanist/condition-mechanist

How can the golem tank raidbosses? those ignore pets otherwise druid pet could tank aswell.

herald has similar afk dps. mirage has 30k afk dps. signet condi mech doing 40k is the bigger problem but since every casual defends scourge dps i dont see this changing.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 5

1 minute ago, Nephalem.8921 said:

How can the golem tank raidbosses? those ignore pets otherwise druid pet could tank aswell.

herald has similar afk dps. mirage has 30k afk dps. signet condi mech doing 40k is the bigger problem but since every casual defends scourge dps i dont see this changing.

It tanks strike bosses, they seem to not ignore it. Strikes are raids.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 22

34 minutes ago, Shiyo.3578 said:

The mech makes all open world content a snoozefest and extremely safe.

I happen to very much enjoy it for these exact reasons. In fact, it's probably the only aspect of the entire expansion that I am completely satisfied with.

Nerfing it into the ground to satisfy raiders would be a disservice to the other 95% of the people who paid for the content.

• Like 36
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 10
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Tatwi.3562 said:

I happen to very much enjoy it for these exact reasons. In fact, it's probably the only aspect of the entire expansion that I am completely satisfied with.

Nerfing it into the ground to satisfy raiders would be a disservice to the other 95% of the people who paid for the content.

I guess raiders didn't pay for the content either.  Also if it's not healthy for the endgame, it's likely not healthy for the rest of the game as well.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 20
  • Sad 1

Just now, Sir Alymer.3406 said:

I guess raiders didn't pay for the content either.  Also if it's not healthy for the endgame, it's likely not healthy for the rest of the game as well.

Sure, it's absolutely wonderful and amazing for companies to cater to less than 5% of their paying customers. Who needs money!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 2

8 minutes ago, Tatwi.3562 said:

It ruins open world. They just nerfed all the sustain traits/runes going into EoD because they don't like invincible easymode solo builds. Mechanist is stronger than any of the builds they nerfed, and it needs to be adjusted ASAP for the health of the game.

I don't care about raids.

Edited by Shiyo.3578
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 19
  • Sad 2

31 minutes ago, Shiyo.3578 said:

It ruins open world. They just nerfed all the sustain traits/runes going into EoD because they don't like invincible easymode solo builds. Mechanist is stronger than any of the builds they nerfed, and it needs to be adjusted ASAP for the health of the game.

Obviously you are exaggerating your claims thru hearsay, assumptions and lies. Did you even try playing one? You will laugh at your own post. Wait, you are going you say you main one? 😅 Lately many LTP issues players want their main to be nerf hard. Ya, It gets old.

If it's that OP, who is stopping you from playing one? LTP issues. The Mech is the only fun elite in this expansion and it has already been nerfed hard post xpax. Nerf it again and those empty maps are going to get emptier.

Quote:

" The mech makes all open world content a snoozefest and extremely safe.

The skill floor on this class is extremely low, probably the lowest in the entire game

floor on this class is extremely low, probably the lowest in the entire game "

And I wonder why you have such a big issue with that. You expect only pianists to play this game? lol

Edited by Mil.3562
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Shiyo.3578 said:

It tanks strike bosses, they seem to not ignore it. Strikes are raids.

The only Strike Bosses currently you can compare to Raids are the new EoD strike bosses and even then in there current state are far from being truly comparable. I'd wait until they release the Raid Mode versions for those Strikes before making comparisons.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Mil.3562 said:

Obviously you are exaggerating your claims thru hearsay, assumptions and lies. Did you even try playing one? You will laugh at your own post. Wait, you are going you say you main one? 😅 Lately many LTP issues players want their main to be nerf hard. Ya, It gets old.

If it's that OP, who is stopping you from playing one? LTP issues. The Mech is the only fun elite in this expansion and it has already been nerfed hard post xpax. Nerf it again and those empty maps are going to get emptier.

Quote:

" The mech makes all open world content a snoozefest and extremely safe.

The skill floor on this class is extremely low, probably the lowest in the entire game

floor on this class is extremely low, probably the lowest in the entire game "

And I wonder why you have such a big issue with that. You expect only pianists to play this game? lol

I don't know what the numbers look like, but a class that plays itself should be bottom of the barrel on everything except sustain. It has no business dealing competitive damage or being a top boonshare spec when other classes that actually require input from the player are underperforming.

Again, I'm not saying that's the case currently, but if it it should be nerfed. This is a spec that should be for one thing only: low effort survivability.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7

14 minutes ago, Nephalem.8921 said:

it can get the purple buff in strike3? the strike doesnt require a tank if you do it properly though.

It cannot.

Mechs (the pet) can tank 0 encounters.  They can be hit by things that dont focus targets, and count as a target in melee range for certain things that check that (providing they are in melee range), but so can other pets. 

Mech's just a solid spec that has a solid heal build and a condi dps build, and a then hybrid build thats probably better than celebrand. 

2 minutes ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

I don't know ... (anything about the topic at hand)

And if pigs could fly we could go shoot at the sky for bacon (they still probably wouldnt fly, have you seen pigs)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

The mech makes all open world content a snoozefest and extremely safe.

Translation: "I don't like the gameplay" which is fine. The game offers you plenty of other builds which require more active play, just go and play one of them. /problem solved

They just nerfed all the sustain traits/runes going into EoD because they don't like invincible easymode solo builds.

Spoilers: they haven't even touched the "invincible easymode solo builds", all they did was going for some of the more popular LI options.

the health of the game

meaningless buzzwords

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, Obfuscate.6430 said:

In a few threads that began even before EOD, people have been asking Arenanet to help casual players to do more damage.
In many threads people have been asking for various classes to be nerfed because their damage output is too high.
What would be the ideal balance? 

Better than 1/10th the damage of the high end without having to perform gymnastics to survive would be great.  Making it a competitive dps or support role should be a no go due to the design. 

That is unless they want to design some traits that create a more interactive playstyle in exchange for taking some power off the golem for those who would like the option.

• Confused 2

"ruin open world" 
Hum ?

People are better than you or hitting bigger number so it hurt your elitist feeling ? Good, no one care.
It's a game, the most casual mmorpg out there and so people like easy and relaxing build.
You don't like it ? Then don't play them, easy enough ? 
Open world is the most played content and the one with NO COMPETITION in it. Doesn't matter what people play or how they play, it up to them. Play how you like, hf and call it a day.

Imagine, now all the casual you hate for hurting your speed clearing can dps enough to make it good enough to everyone. How is that bad ? Look like your ego got hurt a bit. That fine, you'll recover.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 11
  • Confused 6

14 minutes ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

Making it a competitive dps or support role should be a no go due to the design. 

Golem numbers with full buffs mean nothing for the content the OP was talking about. The actual damage output, of what's been shown here, in praxis is nowhere near competitive with actual DPS oriented builds.

Edited by Tails.9372
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Tails.9372 said:

Golem numbers with full buffs mean nothing for the content the OP was talking about, mechanists actual damage output in praxis is nowhere near competitive with actual DPS oriented builds.

I'm not necessarily agreeing with the OP. I'm just saying a class that plays itself shouldn't be competitive. It's not about ruining open world. As I said, it would be great if the spec allows easy survivability and decent damage for players who don't perform well on more interactive specs. I think the spec accomplishes that at the very least and would not like to see that change.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

58 minutes ago, Tails.9372 said:

Golem numbers with full buffs mean nothing for the content the OP was talking about. The actual damage output, of what's been shown here, in praxis is nowhere near competitive with actual DPS oriented builds.

https://snowcrows.com/benchmarks

Condition J-Drive (Allies)   39,659 DPS
Condition Alacrity  28,050 DPS

You can do 41k DPS while having an invincible robot tank for you.
Edited by Shiyo.3578
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 10
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, Shiyo.3578 said:

The mech can EASILY tank strike bosses. It should not be able to generate enmity at all.

I didn't know enmity was a thing in GW2.

Plenty of builds make open world a snooze fest because that it what 99% of open world is.

So you have a support build that is comparable to another support build and a DPS build that is comparable to other DPS builds?  And this is a bad thing because?

The skill floor for staff dare devil was very low but I don't remember you complaining about that.

Yes, it can do 26K while AFK and auto attacking.  Have you actually used it in a real fight or are you basing everything off that entire video in the training area?  I suggest that you try it in a real example against a strike boss.  If it's as OP as you say, then it should be tanking the boss and you can do 26K DPS without issue.  Of course this will not be the case because you're completely missing something.  I'll let you figure out what that is.

Edited by mythical.6315
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 9