Mechanist is currently destroying the game. Please consider adjusting it ASAP.

Shiyo.3578

The problem isn't that Mechanist is easy to play; we NEED those kinds of builds. The problem is the performance that is attained with the low level of effort applied is simply not inline with the conceptual idea of how a good game works. 

No wonder we don't get a toolbelt with this spec. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 12

21 minutes ago, Shiyo.3578 said:

You're usually coming out guns blazing and intentionally disagreeing with mathematically correct things, though. It has nothing to do with agreeing/disagreeing, the tone of your posts are always offputting and what you're defending is always just crazy.

Yes, funny how that works. You think I make good posts when I agree with you , but when I don't ... 🤷‍♂️. Must just be a coincidence. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 5

16 minutes ago, Tiviana.2650 said:

You are talking about Hizen one of the best players in the world, really man? He can do that on any class! Here

Reality is the best players in the world can work wonders, he has done that with every class.

Lots of people and all classes can solo bounties.  Look closer.  His bladesworn kill on Triq Griz Grolak was on target to take 40% longer than it did on mechanist.  He also takes on more difficult challenges with the mechanist than he does on the bladesworn.  You can also see that the mech easily maintains threat on bosses like Balthazar and the Mushroom queen while he's able to stand back and tee off.

People asked for video of open world solo play.  I provided it.  There's no need to move the goalposts.  We can compare his performance on mechanist to his performance on other classes and learn something about how they perform relative to one another. 

Of course, we don't want to do that if it might reveal that mechanist is overtuned, right?  I mean, they nerfed catalyst off of a kitten golem benchmark.  What might they do next?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

We can compare his performance on mechanist to his performance on other classes and learn something about how they perform relative to one another. 

No we can't since there are no real in depth rankings that show which kill times for which fights would actually count as good / bad. The best thing we could go by here is sustained DPS during the uptime which none of his fights show. There are also other areas which are still unaccounted for but nothing I've seen thus far looks in any way impressive or even just unique when compared to what other classes can pull of.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I went through the story with the Mechanist first because I kept expecting it to be nerfed quickly after launch.  It's not perfect, though: one of the issues I encountered with the Dragon's End meta is the Mech has a habit of dying in high-pressure areas, and one of the issues I noticed with Strikes is the Mech tended to get CC'd a lot.  

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Tails.9372 said:

No we can't since there are no real in depth rankings that show which kill times for which fights would actually count as good / bad. The best thing we could go by here is sustained DPS during the uptime which none of his fights show. There are also other areas which are still unaccounted for but nothing I've seen thus far looks in any way impressive or even just unique when compared to what other classes can pull of.

Ah, yes.  We can't use golem benchmarks because that doesn't show "real" play but we also can't use real play because we don't show absolutely every scenario.  And the kick is goo...hey, where'd those goalposts go? 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

The issue here isn't that a spec can deal 25k dps with just auto attack.  Other specs can already do that.

The discussion should be:  Should there be specs in the game that have such a high skill floor?  Mechanist currently is very easy to play.  There are other specs in the game that deal more damage, and can support better, but mechanist is just so easy.  Personally, I don't see the problem, because this game has always had easier specs and more difficult specs...  

I main engi, and if I had to choose one thing on mechanist that may be too strong, it's how tanky the mech is.  My mech can absolutely tank legendary bounties, it has 62k health and inherits my toughness, making condi mechanist insane to solo with.  I'm the same player I was when I soloed on holosmith, but now with mechanist I can Solo much more difficult bounties.  It's not because I deal more damage or sustain better (holosmith sustain is actually good, RIP scrapper), it's that i have a beast mech tank.

I'm not saying mechanist should be nerfed, just trying to be objective.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Honestly the problem in this game, as I see it, is not that mechanist is too easy to play but the fact that a lof of the builds are too hard to play. In WoW or FF14 players would be screaming bloody murder if one class or spec did 20+% more damage than other regardless of their difficulty however in this game it's totally normal for one build to do something stupid like 300% more damage than other just because it's harder to play. Difficulty of a build should be a matter of preference not a matter of dps, if you want to play a build with a 70 step rotation go for it but also remember that many people do not. So yes I think that mechanist doing that damage with mech commands and some light kit usage is fine, more of that in the future please.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Mortime.1359 said:

Honestly the problem in this game, as I see it, is not that mechanist is too easy to play but the fact that a lof of the builds are too hard to play. In WoW or FF14 players would be screaming bloody murder if one class or spec did 20+% more damage than other regardless of their difficulty however in this game it's totally normal for one build to do something stupid like 300% more damage than other just because it's harder to play. Difficulty of a build should be a matter of preference not a matter of dps, if you want to play a build with a 70 step rotation go for it but also remember that many people do not. So yes I think that mechanist doing that damage with mech commands and some light kit usage is fine, more of that in the future please.

The issue is that you have an invincible tank while doing 41k dps.

Edited by Shiyo.3578
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 8

5 minutes ago, Stx.4857 said:

The discussion should be:  Should there be specs in the game that have such a high skill floor?  Mechanist currently is very easy to play.  There are other specs in the game that deal more damage, and can support better, but mechanist is just so easy.  Personally, I don't see the problem, because this game has always had easier specs and more difficult specs...  

Mech is definitely a super strong spec, and I can understand it being adjusted. But the hyperbole on it 'destroying' the game is silly.

I can solo champs and bounties etc easily on my soulbeast in trailblazers, and a shortbow slb could be played by one of those drinking bird toys. Has soulbeast ruined the game?

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Just now, Shiyo.3578 said:

The issue is that you have an invincible tank while doing 40k dps.

When you are running berserker, as you do in that bomb kit build, your mech will be tanking just as much as you will be, even less because you are there at the mobs face while the mech is 1000 yard way going pewpewpew.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, iateacat.3874 said:

You're not doing 40k DPS in a build/utility and gear set that would afford you an invincible tank. Saying this make sit clear you haven't played it.

Play it all the time, I'm quitting it because it's so overpowered its making the game boring.

Condi and harrier support/healer.

Edited by Shiyo.3578
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 9

18 minutes ago, mythical.6315 said:

I'm beginning to feel that you haven't actually played the build(s).

I just played it as condi in strikes and it tanked the strike boss. IDK what to tell you.

Why are people blatantly lying to try to protect their GM character elite spec?

Edited by Shiyo.3578
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 11

26 minutes ago, iateacat.3874 said:

Mech is definitely a super strong spec, and I can understand it being adjusted. But the hyperbole on it 'destroying' the game is silly.

I can solo champs and bounties etc easily on my soulbeast in trailblazers, and a shortbow slb could be played by one of those drinking bird toys. Has soulbeast ruined the game?

Agreed.  Mechanist isn't ruining anything.  There are already multiple easy to play specs in the game that are top tier power wise.  

I will say that my mech can tank much better than my rangers bear though. Although I haven't played my ranger in awhile.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1