When is End of Dragons leaving Early Access?

This is half serious half fun and of course just feedback. Somehow it feels like playing a 80% feature complete game. It begins with small things missing like i.E. I recognized that the gift for map completion have no tooltip. The one from core game, HoT and PoF have one. This could be intentionally but just seems like those are still missing.

Or not completing an achievement for fishing because the RNG is bugged/broken? A friend and I were driving around Seitung Province for 4h20m. The goal was to finish my Seitung Province fishing collection. We had full party boat boost, full tank boost, both used amber fishing lure and off course the correct bait and daytime. My friend had already completed the Seitung Province fishing achievemnt and was doing the Avid collection. After nearly 1h30m my friend Finished the Avid collection. We continued the tour for 2h50m. The result for me is I am still at 19/21 for Seitung Province fisher (the ones missing for me were caught by my friend several times in this timeslot) and my friend ended up with 19/21 for the second Avid Seitung Province fisher, mainly because we didn't went for another nighttime (just nighttime fish missing for him).

This leads to the experience that also here something is bugged/broken which would be totally ok for early access but nor a released game. 

So if you are fishing for over 5h (I had already fished before in that region for several minutes, maybe hours) for one collection with full mastery, boosts etc. That's totally normal and could be just your bad account luck!

Another thing are the missing  or bugged fox chests. This topic was already discussed in other threats. Just listed for an example that the given product is more in an early access state and not finished.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 12
  • Sad 2

Pains me that they refuse to add just 5 more minutes to the dragons end final meta to make it kinda playable 

Its a completely broken non functional map meta, a total flop 

Edit: its also bad that they nerfed old specs so much to push the new specs, makes eod feel like a scam 

Edited by figloalds.1274
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, figloalds.1274 said:

Pains me that they refuse to add just 5 more minutes to the dragons end final meta to make it kinda playable 

Edit: its also bad that they nerfed old specs so much to push the new specs, makes eod feel like a scam 

So after trying the DE meta 10+ time and failing each time, I was also wondering why they wouldn't just add maybe 2 minutes or so to the event timer to make it more doable. About 4-5 runs would've been succesfull with a little bit of extra time. Failed a few runs with <5% health left. After failing numerous times, I finally decided to just do a DE meta run together with the Hardstuck guild. I joined their map and squad, but didn't join the discord as I've got a pretty good idea of how the meta works by now. We killed the dragon with 6:30 minutes left on the timer... let me repeat that; we had six minutes and thirty seconds left on the timer...

This is just proof for me that the meta is not hard at all, it's just that the average PUG group is so unorganized and plays their builds so badly, which in turn makes the meta way harder than it really is. The problem isn't with the meta itself, rather than people just refusing to learn and adapt their playstyle for this encounter. 

• Thanks 5
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Is fishing on one map for long periods of time affected by the diminishing returns mechanic?

That's a really good question. I don't know it. Maybe a GM could tell us if one reads this. I hope not because it does not make a lot of sense. The opposite should be the case. Like the chance to catch a more rare one should increase the more often you do it on a map. But that's my opinion and definitively not the implementation ^^.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Root the Kid.1026 said:

That's a really good question. I don't know it. Maybe a GM could tell us if one reads this. I hope not because it does not make a lot of sense. The opposite should be the case. Like the chance to catch a more rare one should increase the more often you do it on a map. But that's my opinion and definitively not the implementation ^^.

I wouldn't think that time spent on a map should increase the odds.  I think that the odds should remain static so that players need to boost them on their own with the methods currently available.  But that's me -- I don't plan to do any fishing anyway.  I never thought it should have been added.  I would have preferred that resources would have been spent on something else like better game balance or fixing stuff that's been borked for years.  /shrug

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

I wouldn't think that time spent on a map should increase the odds.  I think that the odds should remain static so that players need to boost them on their own with the methods currently available.  But that's me -- I don't plan to do any fishing anyway.  I never thought it should have been added.  I would have preferred that resources would have been spent on something else like better game balance or fixing stuff that's been borked for years.  /shrug

Yeah currently max boosted is 875% fishing power (as far as I know). At least that was the max my friend was running around with. I just had the low value of 725% (max value without food, /cough). So the odds were just not in my favour ^^.  Just to clarify, those are the max with the correct bait. There is a bait with higher value but it's just the wrong bait.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I would have asked the same question (when is the expansion leaving early access) a week ago. Now I have all the masteries maxed and I'm back to content that I like, is finished and is rewarding. I was looking forward only to the new open world maps so I'm not too disappointed. Hopefully the living world season is going to be good though.

• Confused 1

Well its pretty obvious that the rest of the QA team that is left at Arenanet after EoD production is now working on fixing bugs and polishing a bit EoD, until they have to do it with the next LWS stuff (that is probably being developed right now). So just enjoy the bug/polishing stuff while it last!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Scratchpaw.1069 said:

This is just proof for me that the meta is not hard at all, it's just that the average PUG group is so unorganized and plays their builds so badly, which in turn makes the meta way harder than it really is. The problem isn't with the meta itself, rather than people just refusing to learn and adapt their playstyle for this encounter. 

and yet when others recommend players read up, invest just an iota of time into understanding basic game mechanics or touching up a bit a build with someone else's experience, they get called "toxic", "elitist" or countered with the good old "I want to play my way".

The average build and player in this game is just that bad. Not their fault mostly, but it is unfortunate that so many uninformed players choose to rather stay bad and incompetent than just accept for 1 second that they might learn something IF they decided to listen.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 2

11 minutes ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

and yet when others recommend players read up, invest just an iota of time into understanding basic game mechanics or touching up a bit a build with someone else's experience, they get called "toxic", "elitist" or countered with the good old "I want to play my way".

The average build and player in this game is just that bad. Not their fault mostly, but it is unfortunate that so many uninformed players choose to rather stay bad and incompetent than just accept for 1 second that they might learn something IF they decided to listen.

Organized squads and maps on discord have been kittening up this meta. Most players going in probably understand their build and game mechanics and playing their way means they've studied their rotations and builds and are ready to roll. The average squad and group leader running metas and instances are always going to blame the "average player" when they don't explain things well, can't react and plan on the fly, and have no leadership qualities to move groups of people. 

Some maps have knocked it out with ease while others haven't, and it's probably just a matter of the general pop getting used to it, hopefully after things are explained properly like people used to do for Silverwastes. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Scratchpaw.1069 said:

So after trying the DE meta 10+ time and failing each time, I was also wondering why they wouldn't just add maybe 2 minutes or so to the event timer to make it more doable. About 4-5 runs would've been succesfull with a little bit of extra time. Failed a few runs with <5% health left. After failing numerous times, I finally decided to just do a DE meta run together with the Hardstuck guild. I joined their map and squad, but didn't join the discord as I've got a pretty good idea of how the meta works by now. We killed the dragon with 6:30 minutes left on the timer... let me repeat that; we had six minutes and thirty seconds left on the timer...

I'm here to play a game, not to work and make Excel sheets, the game needs to be playable by the wide audience and the wide audience doesn't care for extreme optimization. This is an open world event, it should be doable by random uncoordinated people that's the point of random dynamic events in the first place 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, kash.9213 said:

The average squad and group leader running metas and instances are always going to blame the "average player" when they don't explain things well, can't react and plan on the fly, and have no leadership qualities to move groups of people.

to be fair, there are huge differences in the players

for example, good group will dps that first 20% in less than 1min, a destined-to-fail group will take up to 2mins

a boss stomp+wave will take down about 5 people in a good group, in a bad one it's anything from 10-20

and in a bad group wisp phase always take the full 75sec, no stability at all during the last phase either

46 minutes ago, figloalds.1274 said:

I'm here to play a game, not to work and make Excel sheets, the game needs to be playable by the wide audience and the wide audience doesn't care for extreme optimization. This is an open world event, it should be doable by random uncoordinated people that's the point of random dynamic events in the first place 

The difference between being useless (from an output perspective in-game), being useful and actually being min-maxed and excel sheet level of optimized is so huge, your comparison does not apply in the least.

The average dps output required to succeed at the DE meta was around 7k dps before the most recent nerfs. Most classes on nomad gear with not dps based weapons output more than that with boons with only autoattacks.

You have never seen excel spreadsheet based performance in this game.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

18 minutes ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

The difference between being useless (from an output perspective in-game), being useful and actually being min-maxed and excel sheet level of optimized is so huge, your comparison does not apply in the least.

The average dps output required to succeed at the DE meta was around 7k dps before the most recent nerfs. Most classes on nomad gear with not dps based weapons output more than that with boons with only autoattacks.

You have never seen excel spreadsheet based performance in this game.

This is scarecrow. the idea that the average player trying this goal doesn't even know what zerker gear is.

Anyway, this meta is open world, its needs just be like anyone other meta. 

Nomad gear? lmao, how a noob will jump on dry top and farm/craft nomad gear first? another  bs scarecrow.

Edited by ugrakarma.9416
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Scratchpaw.1069 said:

You answered your own question - ANet probably didn't feel the need to change the meta because the meta itself is not so much the problem. The issue is that so many people who wanted to try the meta are so used to not organizing at all, and not trying to actually do a good job. Now that the turtle is no longer locked behind the meta, those specific people who don't feel like figuring out how to perform better don't have to agonize over it. If you still want a meta clear for other reasons, time to seek out an organized meta until more people figure out how to get it done.

10 hours ago, figloalds.1274 said:

Nonsense. I successfully finished it on several occasions before the patch, and now after the patch the success rate is 100%, unless the full squad consists only of people who don't know how to deal damage and dodge/evade. Also, after a few runs, one should know all the mechanics.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1
  • Confused 5

14 hours ago, figloalds.1274 said:

Problem is that even if you add 5min to the timer, the players complaining about the meta still could not do it. 

It only gets easier for good players to Carry the bad ones. 

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, jamesg.7128 said:

Just RNG. On all maps so far I had the legendary drop before the rares/exotics and found the ascended to be the hardest to get.

Hmm, this was true for me also when I did the achies first time. But now I'm doing the avid ones, have more fishing power and I've found the exotic ones hardest to catch, esp in Cantha.

Maybe the solution is to try match the fishing power requirement. Dunno if this would work better. Has anyone tested? Started thinking about this since there seems to be no difficulty difference catching fish wheter you are at the treshold, 50 or 200 points over it. I've stopped using lures and/or food buffs while fishing on low power areas but I might still have too much if it works like this.

I've also noticed that when having trouble catching last fishes changing area or toon can help. Take a break and come back later and you often get em only with few tries. So maybe there is indeed some kind of diminishing returns effect at play.

1 hour ago, Jukhy.2431 said:

Hmm, this was true for me also when I did the achies first time. But now I'm doing the avid ones, have more fishing power and I've found the exotic ones hardest to catch, esp in Cantha.

sounds like loot table is broken, rather than reducing the chance to catch masterwork to give to legend/ascended, it drops exotic chance

with maxed fishing power (boat got from 0 to99 in the process), took me like an hr to get exotic dragonet, at which point i got about 5-7 legen/ascended