Outstanding Lore for going forward.

TeeracK.3601

1 hour ago, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

The Shiverpeaks Bloodstone you're talking about is the Bloodstone Caves bloodstone. This was confirmed by devs, we visit it in EotN and is already circled on your map.

That's actually just your speculation. There is even a citation on the wiki that says it could be that, but seems unlikely considering its location.

That bloodstone you're talking about was added to the game years later in a location very far away from where the white mantle and mursatt were all located.  Saying you need to ignore what glint says, what the mission says, disregard the fact Seers and Eidolon were close by which are typically only seen close to bloodstones, and believe that the while mantle and the mursatt are just completely stupid when it comes to logistics and got lost and went the totally wrong direction to me just feels like a super stretch oppose to just believing the lore that is known that there is a stone in that region.

And it's not even as far away from Orr or the Fire Islands as the one in bloodstone fen so I don't see why it wouldn't be hidden away over there.

Edited by TeeracK.3601

3 hours ago, TeeracK.3601 said:

That's actually just your speculation. There is even a citation on the wiki that says it could be that, but seems unlikely considering its location.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Guild_Wars_Wiki:Projects/Unanswered_questions/Lore#Bloodstones

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/User_talk:Linsey_Murdock/Lore1#Bloodstones

Found it.

Q: Where are the remaining two Bloodstones? Is the platform in the Iron Mines of Moladune a Bloodstone?
A: There is a Bloodstone in the Southern Shiverpeaks. It is not a platform in Iron Mines of Moladune. - https://wiki.guildwars.com/images/2/28/Elementalist-icon-small.pngLinsey talk 06:24, 29 July 2007 (UTC)

A:The bloodstone found in EotN is the Shiverpeaks bloodstone, being in the mountains.

I was referring to the Bloodstone in the Bloodstone Caves. The caves do extend under the mountains of the Shiverpeaks and that is where the Bloodstone is located. - https://wiki.guildwars.com/images/c/c7/User_Linsey_Murdock_sig.jpgLinsey talk 19:31, 22 January 2008 (UTC)

Edited by Konig Des Todes.2086

I mean, I would enjoy seeing the old Asuran lands. I do expect them to be completely ruined by Primordus, but it could be interesting finding small pockets of surviving ancient Asuran architecture and culture. While Rata Novus was interesting, it wasn't Ancient Asuran architecture, it was just an offshoot of what we saw in Guild Wars 1.

On 3/24/2022 at 9:46 AM, Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if this is were Xpack 4 is set. With Tyria proper representing Eruope and the Middle East, Elona representing Africa, and Cantha representing Asia, having Xpack 4 take place far to the west, and represent central/south America would make sense to round out GW2's world a bit.

From what we know the original plan for IBS was a two parter in the Centaur Homelands, and then another 2 parter around Anvil Rock.

Also we do have the southern Shiverpeaks in-game, both core(Lornar Pass, Dredgehunt Cliff, Timberline Falls, Mount Maelstrom), and LWS4(Thunderhead Peaks) cover it. There's pretty much not anything really left to cover down there beyond a thin strip between Thunderehead and the Black Citadel. And that didn't have much in it back in GW1 either.

The oringinal plan was to add Utopia as the fourth campaign to the original GW. This was  set in an unknown region, but many elements where themed in a central and southern america scenery. It got cancelled halfway production cause they could not achieve what they wanted in GW1 and started planning on GW2

A lot of material allready made was resued in GW1's expansion eye of the north (most notably the scenery and architcture was added tot the asura culture) and in GW2.
In that perspective, you can state that asura culture is  influenced by central and souther america architecture.  Most of it however is aztec based.

More on topic. Although there are a lot of leads to follow up, I would rather love to see them expand into other directions. They have been tangled in the current story for about 20 years.

More important I see an evolution in time. We started out in the middle ages. Then moved to more modern steam age times and with end of dragons we have yet again entered a more modern time. Looking at this I see more room to move forward in technology, past the current time and into science fiction. This also means we can go up to space and beyond the mists.

3 hours ago, mercury ranique.2170 said:

The oringinal plan was to add Utopia as the fourth campaign to the original GW. This was  set in an unknown region, but many elements where themed in a central and southern america scenery. It got cancelled halfway production cause they could not achieve what they wanted in GW1 and started planning on GW2

Utopia was going to be set in the Mists.

On 3/25/2022 at 3:08 AM, Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:

Huh! I must have not paid as much attention to them.

Obviously twisting it to suit his own needs, though the one of Evennia holds elements of truth either way. She did go missing outside of Ascalon City, and Adelbern was known (much earlier, when he was more sane) to have wanted to arrest a Krytan Ambassador as a traitor to Ascalon, and always held a grudge.

I've personally always believed either Adelbern captured her and killed her personally (hanged, stabbed, whatever) or left her to rot in a cell within Ascalon City. Or at the least, failed to warn her or protect her on purpose from a Charr attack.

While I don't think it needs touched on, the only way I could see them really diving into that is if we did a story about purging the foefire entirely, thus requiring a more intensive exploration of Ascalon City, the attached section of the great wall, and the catacombs under both it, and the surrounding area.

9 hours ago, Kalavier.1097 said:

While I don't think it needs touched on, the only way I could see them really diving into that is if we did a story about purging the foefire entirely, thus requiring a more intensive exploration of Ascalon City, the attached section of the great wall, and the catacombs under both it, and the surrounding area.

I've said for awhile that Anet could make a whole LWs tying up the various smaller loose plot threads. Like Malyck, the Centaurs, the Ghosts of Ascalon, the Wizard's Tower. I originally said they could do that after LWS6, and before Xpack 4, expecting that Anet wasn't wanting to do another Xpack so soon. But given their announcement of another Xpack that seems to not be the case.

I suspect we will get a LWS6 that will focus on the Pruist/Risen plot, and whatever deep sea monsters Soo-Won was keeping contained. then Xpack 4 will be Gods/Mists related, then a likely LWS8 tying up any loose ends from that Xpack, or, assuming they dont leave any, they can do that loose ends arc.

Some possibilities I haven't seen here yet:

What will happen with remaining dragon minions now that Aurene controls all dragon magic? It was a little strange that most orphaned dragon minions remained hostile, but in light of EoD that could be explained as most of their dragon's energy having gone into the coalescing Dragonvoid. We might see a few more survivors recovering their identity now that has been resolved.

Kuunavang and Albax would probably be interested in seeing if the Saltspray population can recover, either helping those corrupted by the Void, or finding others that managed to avoid corruption.

Naga have always been portrayed as hostile but somewhat sympathetic, with understandable reasons for their hostility, and having been friendly in the past. Is rapprochement possible?

The assumption with the Echovald gangs is that they'll keep fighting, but if you talk to their leaders in the Arborstone epilogue, Tetra is considering the merits of cooperation, while Chul-Moo is considering the possibility of relocating to somewhere outside of Cantha where he could go legitimate.

Purists have been indicated to Definitely Still Be A Problem. A flareup there could put the Not Calling It That Detective Agency on their trail.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

Purists have been indicated to Definitely Still Be A Problem. A flareup there could put the Not Calling It That Detective Agency on their trail.

There's enough notes and journals around New Kaineng talking about the Purists trying to find ways to control the Risen to wipe out the city so they can reclaim power, and there being some weird horror in Raisu Palace, that I think a good chunk of WS6 will be about that shared plot.

Given Anet's seeming love of three parters in LW stories I could see that being a front half three parter, and the 2nd half being a deep sea monsters story given thats the other larger plot EoD brought up multiple times.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

Naga have always been portrayed as hostile but somewhat sympathetic, with understandable reasons for their hostility, and having been friendly in the past. Is rapprochement possible?

This is actually a good one that gets overlooked. And it fits perfectly in the theme of uniting the various species.

If ArenaNet decides to actually go with that oceanic depths threat, then bringing in the naga as a enemy-turned-ally fits the bill perfectly (and far more than krait would).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

This is almost quaranteed to be (the start of) the plot going forward. 

They dropped a billion hints about Raisu palace, the Purists' plot, and there's even an npc that says Rama was already planning to investigate. Well, Rama is part of a detective agency now, it makes sense that would be their first job.

Edited by RabbitUp.8294

2 hours ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

Some possibilities I haven't seen here yet:

What will happen with remaining dragon minions now that Aurene controls all dragon magic? It was a little strange that most orphaned dragon minions remained hostile, but in light of EoD that could be explained as most of their dragon's energy having gone into the coalescing Dragonvoid. We might see a few more survivors recovering their identity now that has been resolved.

I think it's more of Aurene is linked to it all, not that she has gained control over it.

53 minutes ago, Kalavier.1097 said:

I think it's more of Aurene is linked to it all, not that she has gained control over it.

Not perfect control, probably not. From her dialogues, though, she certainly has influence. And she mentions in the epilogue that after Soo-Won's death, she could now perceive and influence the entire ley network.

The main point I was making, though, is that the behaviour of dragon minions such as the Unchained remaining largely hostile could have been that the Dragonvoid was already forming at some level (such as in Kralkatorrik's Torment), and that had essentially taken over the control that Zhaitan, Kralkatorrik, and so on had previously had. So it's possible that with the Dragonvoid removed from the equation, they might start reverting to their original personalities.

Edited by draxynnic.3719

36 minutes ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

Not perfect control, probably not. From her dialogues, though, she certainly has influence. And she mentions in the epilogue that after Soo-Won's death, she could now perceive and influence the entire ley network.

The main point I was making, though, is that the behaviour of dragon minions such as the Unchained remaining largely hostile could have been that the Dragonvoid was already forming at some level (such as in Kralkatorrik's Torment), and that had essentially taken over the control that Zhaitan, Kralkatorrik, and so on had previously had. So it's possible that with the Dragonvoid removed from the equation, they might start reverting to their original personalities.

Not really, IMO. Each dragon minion can be split into different types depending on how they were created, and all have been consistent when sorted into that. The risen after Zhaitan's death are uncoordinated, though Kingpins/champions can take over groups and buff them, like how Tequatl was.

I don't think the void had anything with the minions however, and the dragonvoid itself spawned after we shoved all the void from Soo-won into a single storage unit.

Aurene has shown an ability to hone in on branded, but she hasn't really being aggressive toward the other dragon minions. The only ones left that are really a threat at Risen and Mordrem, and the former can't rally massive attacks like it used to be able.

11 hours ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

Why was it strange? When Jormag and Primordus got death magic, and added it to their minions, we don't see Risen suddenly join their ranks or w/e. Getting a dragon's magic spectrum doesn't mean you get the direct connection the dragons had to their minions. Aurene really should have no ability to do anything about the remaining Risen, Mordrem, Icebrood, Destroyers, and Branded, left in the world besides kill them.

The strange thing is that, despite evidence that at least the more intelligent dragon minions can revert to their pre-corruption personalities once control has lifted, the Unchained in particular (we haven't seen much of other dragon minions after the dragon in question died) haven't seemed to have done that. The less intelligent ones do seem to have decreased in aggressiveness and can be tamed like animals, and the very term Unchained indicates that they're no longer slaves to Zhaitan's will, but we've never seen an intelligent Unchained that isn't hostile.

I think that is strange enough to ask why that is, especially now that we've seen Mordrem Guard and other intelligent minions and champions transition back pretty quickly (although Braham is a special case). Sure, it won't happen overnight, but it's been ten years, and we know from King Reza that even after decades of Zhaitan's control, at least some of Zhaitan's champions remained loyal because they were forced to be. Why haven't we had at least one intelligent Unchained that's tried communicating more than 'leave or I'll kill you for Zhaitan'? Did all the intelligent Unchained that weren't happy about being Zhaitan's minions just commit mass suicide as soon as Zhaitan's control lapsed? We haven't seen that behaviour with the Awakened, but maybe ancient Orrians aren't as accepting of being undead as the Elonians became under Joko's rule.

Or... maybe they still feel Zhaitan's control because an echo of Zhaitan remained in the Dragonvoid. Not as strong, to be sure. Only those Risen that represented larger investments of Zhaitan's power were still able to feel it... but due to how most dragon minions work, this means the more intelligent ones that can control the lesser Unchained in turn. They were still loyal to Zhaitan because they could still feel Zhaitan's presence, and therefore control, in what would later become the Dragonvoid.

This is still speculation, of course, but it does mean we could see a shift in their behaviour in future chapters. And this could extend to other minions. Are there still surviving Branded Forgotten? Aurene can sense Branded, but the Dragonvoid could have been keeping them universally hostile, forcing Aurene to destroy them. If the Dragonvoid WAS responsible for most dragon minions remaining hostile after their dragon died, the removal of the Dragonvoid and final purification of the world's magic could allow them to return to their former personalities and loyalties with no inimical presence remaining to bind them.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

I think that is strange enough to ask why that is, especially now that we've seen Mordrem Guard and other intelligent minions and champions transition back pretty quickly (although Braham is a special case).

Well, the Mordrem Guard were originally Sylvari. The Sylvari come from the Pale Tree, who is herself a purified dragon minion, and the Sylvari are themselves purified dragon minions as a result. While Mordremoth was able to mentally dominate them back into service during HoT, the fact that they were purified in the beginning(and the protection offered to them by the Dream) is likely why they could go back to their normal selves(with great effort) after the Dragon's death.

None of the Risen, Branded, or Icebrood, have been purified, or were already purified before turning, nor were they protected by the Dream, so the deaths of their Elder Dragons wouldn't naturally allow them to regain their freedoms. We would have to line them up on the old Forgotten Altar in Arah, and do the ritual, to allow them to do that.

For the Risen specifically there could be an alternate explanation. There is enough dialogue/notes about some horrible thing being in Risu Palace, and the Risen acting weird lately. Maybe whatever is there is of enough power to keep some control over the hviemind following Zhaitan's death.

Edited by Sajuuk Khar.1509
  • Confused 1

Also the Risen have been described to sometimes contain the original soul, but much more often to be simply a husk of the body, with the soul having zero control (if present at all). We have at least one case in the base game of a ghost sitting at the camp where she died, with her body out in the swamp wandering as a Risen.

The unchained lack any real unity or drive besides around unchained kingpins/champions, who can direct and enhance their lesser kin.

On 3/24/2022 at 1:27 PM, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

New Story threath happens and we need go to the other side on the planet. 

After we saved the day once more we return to South sun (for some reason) and see Logan and Jennah chillen on the beach. 

"OH hi commander, I'm to old to be queen so I gave the position to best person I could think of." 

Commader: "I'm pretty sure I know who it is." 

Jennah: " Thats right. Taimi." 

Diabolical laughter in the distants

Nah, there is a new king in town, King BraHAM!🥳

Here's something.

In the Speaker's Base in the Echovald forest one of the NPCs mention that the female Warden were originally off somewhere else protecting something important, and only came to the Echovald Wild recently. This NPC says that when they asked tetra what the female Wardens were guarding she just laughed and threatened to smash her head in.

What was is they were guarding?