Please. Anet. Allow us to disable virtuoso daggers out of combat [Merged]

lysico.1297

Played Vir when EoD came out to do story. At first I loved the blades hovering but just as the "magic balls" from trinkets, it got old.

It has no real function out side of combat so a toggle or default for it to only appear whilst in combat would be really nice.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, oscuro.9720 said:

Please don’t. It’s helpful to know how many blades a virt has when engaging one (or being engaged).

As mentioned before, only display it in combat or have a toggle for it to either be displayed or not upon the users discretion. Besides, how hard is it to look on top of your F skills to see how many you have before you engage? You do it mid fight anyway to see cooldowns and your HP. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Sytriel.9413 said:

As mentioned before, only display it in combat or have a toggle for it to either be displayed or not upon the users discretion. Besides, how hard is it to look on top of your F skills to see how many you have before you engage? You do it mid fight anyway to see cooldowns and your HP. 

I don’t play virt. I mean if a virt is coming up to me, I’d like to be able to tell what their opening burst potential is. 

edit; though if they could put a little marker on the mesmers bar (for opponents to see) that would probably be superior to counting daggers on the player model. 

Edited by oscuro.9720

3 minutes ago, oscuro.9720 said:

I don’t play virt. I mean if a virt is coming up to me, I’d like to be able to tell what their opening burst potential is. 

Ah. Makes sense. Forced on in competitive and optional toggle in PvE only? No idea how that will work or if it's even possible.

3 minutes ago, Sytriel.9413 said:

Ah. Makes sense. Forced on in competitive and optional toggle in PvE only? No idea how that will work or if it's even possible.

I don’t know if that’s possible. A marker buff on the mesmer’s bar would be sufficient, but idk if they’ll do that. It’s not a big deal to me tbh, I just figured I’d voice my opinion since I disagree with the main view in this thread 🙂 

It’s not like I’d be upset or anything if they removed it, just did want to note that then being seen ooc does have uses 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, mortrialus.3062 said:

No.  The daggers are the best part of the spec.

6 hours ago, Lethion.8745 said:

If they hide the daggers Virtuoso playrate will drop like 50%.

an option to remove the visual is not the same as removing it for everyone.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, mortrialus.3062 said:

It inevitably will be.  They are not going to make a special check in the graphic settings just for virtuoso daggers.  It's all or nothing. 

thats not what the post is asking for. You cannot argue against someone by saying oh yeah but what if they dont do that

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, celestia.3829 said:

thats not what the post is asking for. You cannot argue against someone by saying oh yeah but what if they dont do that

"An option to hide something"

WHERE ARE YOU GOING TO PUT THE OPTION TO ALTER SPECIFIC GRAPHICS?! HRMMMM?!

The end result is going to be either the remove them entirely outside of combat, which would be terrible, or they keep them as they are which is good. 

They aren't going to add a special "hide blades" option like rangers having the ability to stow their pet because that is ton of coding for one minor thing most people don't care about.  At most, they'll use the same system as things like aurora where they only appear when you unsheathe your weapons. 

So ultimately your demand means ruining it for everyone.  Worse, it means ruining it for me.  So no thanks.   

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

10 minutes ago, mortrialus.3062 said:

"An option to hide something"

WHERE ARE YOU GOING TO PUT THE OPTION TO ALTER SPECIFIC GRAPHICS?! HRMMMM?!

The end result is going to be either the remove them entirely outside of combat, which would be terrible, or they keep them as they are which is good. 

They aren't going to add a special "hide blades" option like rangers having the ability to stow their pet because that is ton of coding for one minor thing most people don't care about.  At most, they'll use the same system as things like aurora where they only appear when you unsheathe your weapons. 

So ultimately your demand means ruining it for everyone.  Worse, it means ruining it for me.  So no thanks.   

My demand? i dont even care. 

Thanks for the laughs though.

• Confused 1