Warrior WvW Balance in a Nutshell.

DanAlcedo.3281

Just now, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

That requires them to first admit that they were wrong, and that won't happen.

Ahahahahah do see how they kinda buffed the tactics variant for PvP. Gotta love how they want to force us to play it, even if they made it a top tier build I would not. 

We really never fall off the mark expecting changes. UD might reduction wa spot on. Tho WoD did take me by surprise.

1 minute ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Ahahahahah do see how they kinda buffed the tactics variant for PvP. Gotta love how they want to force us to play it, even if they made it a top tier build I would not. 

MAYBE if warhorn got ammo charges WITHOUT reducing the effectiveness of each skill use, and MAYBE if pistol were made MH, then tactics BSW would become what they want it to be.

1 minute ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

We really never fall off the mark expecting changes. UD might reduction wa spot on. Tho WoD did take me by surprise.

Well, at least they didn't nerf core because of the sins of an elite spec. I bet the ele and engi mains are peeved at that...

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Spellbreaker was developed specifically as Anti-boon specialization.

But now it's effectively nothing. WoD joined all other Spellbreaker boon strips in being useless.

I wish they had at least improved the daggers' abilities damage by 30 to 50%, so they could have been a viable alternative to axes.

But Arenanet has once more proven they want Warrior to be bad and without niche uses. 

I predict the banner rework consists of the removal unique effects from banners and replaces them with subpar boon application.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 9

1 minute ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Spellbreaker was developed specifically as Anti-boon specialization.

But now it'd effectively nothing. WoD joined all other Spellbreaker boon strips in being useless.

I wish they had at least improved the daggers' abilities damage by 30 to 50%, so they could have been a viable alternative to axes.

But Arenanet has once more proven they want Warrior to be bad and without niche uses. Just watch them remove unique effects from banners and replace them with subpar boon application.

Ahahahaah they will! Our end is nigh!

• Like 2

"I cOuNtEr yOuR mAgIcS!"

aCt wItH pReCiSiOn aNd iNtEnT tO sTrIkE aT tHe vErY wEaVe oF mAgiC tO cUt dOwN yOuR fOe'S eNcHaNtMeNtS wHiLe dIsRuPtInG tHeIr aBiLitY tO cAsT sPellS. uTiLiZe tHe fUll cOuNtEr sKill tO aBsOrB aTtAcKs aNd rEtAliAtE wItH dEvAsTaTiNg fOrCe.

— In-game description

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 6
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Acyk.9671 said:

joke aside. We can still strip, opponents can reapply with 66% duration. I don't see why we wouldn't play it all of a sudden.

Maybe Anet can make it 50% instead of 33%.

Cause Scourge/Brutality Mallyx Revs can do the same with more utility.

You'll run banner as DpS maybe, entirely removing the role Burstzerker had, since raw dmg isn't worth it if you don't strip even a bit.

Vigorous Shouts and Call of Valor are also being enhanced in PvP as we look to make support warrior more competitive with guardian and tempest support builds.

Shout builds are mind numbingly boring. There is no need to try and force warrior into this role. Warrior class isn't designed to have a competitive support build squeezed out of it unless you force it with no nuance or clarity. You had your chance with the expansion to make a warrior support spec. Stop trying to put square blocks into triangular holes.

Hammer also gets a slight tune-up, with increases to some of its damage and reductions to its crowd control cooldowns.

A long overdue change and may still not be enough. The CC nerf to competitive modes ruined warrior hammer. Not saying that it isn't still viable, but wielding a giant hammer that hits for double digit numbers is deflating to say the least.

They have no vision or clear goal in mind when it comes to warrior, simply trying to mimic what other classes do. They're need to either streamline everything is faulty or their ability to streamline is faulty. One thing's for sure, they need better direction with warrior.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Verdict is Vengence.6912 said:

They have no vision or clear goal in mind when it comes to warrior

Yes they do.

They're unironically doing the @Multicolorhipster.9751bit. Warrior's role is supposed to be to support other classes by not letting people play on point by keeping them perpetually locked with hammer. 

That's why they're doing the banner rework too, possibly. 

I think I'm ready to be converted to the glorious path of not letting other people play by boring myself half to death, though. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Haha 3

WOD changes aside, which is a whole different conversation, I found the balance changes to warrior to actually be well done. Slight adjustments to bladesworn’s sustain on Unyielding are needed, and don’t affect core class. Support capabilities are increased, and hammer gets a modest buff. Bladesworn will still be a solid option even with the slight reduction in healing via trait synergy.

7 minutes ago, Verdict is Vengence.6912 said:

They have no vision or clear goal in mind when it comes to warrior

This isn't true. The vision they seemingly have (making sure Warrior stays below the bottom of the barrel and have its mains jump ship) may not be in favour of Warrior fans, but it's still a vision they act upon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

If Anet really loves providing warrior with handicapped elite specializations, please just delete this class from the game and make it as an elite specialization of your favorite BLUE and GREEN son.

So whats next?

Spamming Primal Bursts with Blood Reckoning is being too much for a healing skill so it only heals for a percentage now

Full counter with evasion frame and 100% Dmg reduction is too ridiculous as a profession mechanic for warrior so it is only Half counter now

Bladesworn playing with gunpowder is not so 'blade'sworn so any traits and skills related to ammo and explosion is removed as well as the gun part of the gunsaber. Now just go play with your blades only.

Banner is now applying quickness and alacrity! To balance this huge buff, we are giving it a "decent" health pool so please make sure to drop it in the middle of big fight to support your allies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1