Warrior WvW Balance in a Nutshell.

DanAlcedo.3281

This nerf is single handily one of the most kitten nerfs in recent patches. Why are they buffing this boonball zerg meta even more. They shouldve buff Winds of Disenchantment not nerf it to the ground. Warriors are already a dying breed, good warriors anyways.

Edited by Salt Mode.3780
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mithrilos.8036 said:

There is so many way to make warrrior interesting, I don't understand what keeps Anet from doing just that.

Their head is in the sand in regards to warrior balance. We've provided AMPLE and thorough feedback on the warrior forums. They've almost completely ignored it all.

They did fix the atrocious Gunsaber CDs in PvE though, and to the amount we asked for. So, they only ignore us the other 99.99% of the time.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

or you know. keep it the same if they decrease boon output from supports

Boon has been a problem for a very long time they never addressed it, adding concentration in celestial gears while putting ritualist statline is already furthering on this boon meta. For example the very much hated Feb patch nerfed damage output, while keeping durations like protection up.

Edited by Salt Mode.3780

Just now, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

They did nerf PoP so there will be fewer boons.

Fewer to strip, but more impactful skill to strip due to their "rarity". But hell no!

What the kitten tho. Have we even ever seen boon application reduction that's not ouright removal? Sure could use this light version in other traits but for the elite of an elite spec ? naah

• Sad 1

Winds of Disenchantment is still going to be extremely strong even after the nerf.

I'm confused on why shout coefficient healing was buffed as it benefits bladesworns more than support spellbreaker.
There was a slight increase to hammer damage which benefits support spellbreaker but support spellbreakers largely have shifted to minstrel's gear instead of original iterations on cleric's gear or the like. If the support spellbreaker is to do any sort of appreciable damage the base heal on the shouts would need to be increased and not the coefficient.

Bladesworn burst damage wasn't touched which is disappointing. In addition, no fixes to dragon trigger being jumped over or whatnot. Merging PVE gunsaber cooldowns was good however.

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Lord Dipstick.9057 said:

who are the enlighten individuals that suggested this trash? Thanks Anent  for showing how completely tone deaf you are at your game. Job well done you completely gutted class keep listening to those great minds that provided this bs nerf crap. 

Dunno why but some seemed to suggest some ideas are coming from some collective of gvg american players? No source, 0 credibility, just heard it a couple of times in discords.

3 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Yes they do.

They're unironically doing the @Multicolorhipster.9751bit. Warrior's role is supposed to be to support other classes by not letting people play on point by keeping them perpetually locked with hammer. 

That's why they're doing the banner rework too, possibly. 

I saw the writing on the wall 2 years ago. That it was time to fight no more. Forever.

Still, I welcome you to the path of righteousness. So long as there are great; peace-loving, kale-eating Charr like you and I then peace will always be possible.

3 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

I think I'm ready to be converted to the glorious path of not letting other people play by boring myself half to death, though. 

This is a real occupational hazard though. Please be careful. 

Despite being an immortal bastion of peace, CC-spam warriors are still susceptible to keeling over due to a chronic lack of dopamine. 

I also have 10 hours of relaxing Tibetan music and ambience to be provided at your request to maximize your immersion. Lmk.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

I saw the writing on the wall 2 years ago. That it was time to fight no more. Forever.

Still, I welcome you to the path of righteousness. So long as there are great; peace-loving, kale-eating Charr like you and I then peace will always be possible.

This is a real occupational hazard though. Please be careful. 

Despite being an immortal bastion of peace, CC-spam warriors are still susceptible to keeling over due to a chronic lack of dopamine. 

I also have 10 hours of relaxing Tibetan music and ambience to be provided at your request to maximize your immersion. Lmk.

Now that's Flow!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Salt Mode.3780 said:

Why are they buffing this boonball zerg meta even more.

I've always had the theory that it is easier for them to balance around boons and conditions. I also think that they believe boons and conditions make for not only good gameplay, but also skilled gameplay.

I can't express how much I disagree but meh, what can ya do?

• Like 2

Just now, Verdict is Vengence.6912 said:

I've always had the theory that it is easier for them to balance around boons and conditions. I also think that they believe boons and conditions make for not only good gameplay, but also skilled gameplay.

I can't express how much I disagree but meh, what can ya do?

I retired from warrioring, Ill maintain my small restaurant and bar business in that floating amnoon bar. Fishermen come over, tourists, etc. Chill life. New grounds for a comp player!

• Haha 2

Hello there.  I main Ele and Engi in WvW, so Spellbreaker is one of my natural enemeis.  I find the nerf to WoD to be very... odd.  For one, it will still rip boons away, so it is a bad idea to stand in it.  Second, with the decreased duration and continual boon ripping, it's a bad idea to try to buff up while... standing in it.

This is what has me perplexed about the change.  No sane person will stand in WoD if given the option, even with these changes.