Warrior WvW Balance in a Nutshell.

DanAlcedo.3281

18 hours ago, Mithrilos.8036 said:

EDIT: somehow I love the spirit weapons that the guardians has. I would be tempted to see a warrior version ofย this. warriors are the embodiment of weapon mastery after all. remember Balthazar and his living weapon.

It could be like a one off attack that uses [Rush] from greatsword 5 to help the attack land or it could be like elementalist conjured weapons and we use it for a certain amount of time. Maybe we could just throw the weapons at people ๐Ÿ˜†

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Verdict is Vengence.6912 said:

It could be like a one off attack that uses [Rush] from greatsword 5 to help the attack land or it could be like elementalist conjured weapons and we use it for a certain amount of time. Maybe we could just throw the weapons at people ๐Ÿ˜†

If Arenanet ever gave Spirit Weapons in some form to Warrior,ย  I'd prefer them to work like Noelle's Q in Genshin Impact or GW1 Ritualist's Weapon Spells. They would grand unique buffs to the Warrior (potentially a life steal enhancement on the Healing Skill) while temporarily enhancing it's attributes.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

Still trying Warrior in WvW just wanna say you know Anet screwed you over when you're the only warrior you even see in any squad (ours and the enemy).

War mirror was actually the hardest fight to learn, cause there are almost no wars roaming/dueling. Maybe the new spec will change that. Yesterday I saw one of the best spbs I've dueled, duel on bladesworn (I've never seen the player duel on something other than spb before). I think with axe/warhorn.

Though honestly it looked like the core build with ranged dmg. I assume it wont take long for the nerfs to hit it.

7 minutes ago, Hotride.2187 said:

War mirror was actually the hardest fight to learn, cause there are almost no wars roaming/dueling. Maybe the new spec will change that. Yesterday I saw one of the best spbs I've dueled, duel on bladesworn (I've never seen the player duel on something other than spb before). I think with axe/warhorn.

Though honestly it looked like the core build with ranged dmg. I assume it wont take long for the nerfs to hit it.

I don't do too much small scale fighting not quite my cup of tea.

31 minutes ago, Verdict is Vengence.6912 said:

I don't play guardian at all. For all these years of GW2 I've barely touched it.

I just played it with a zerg and actually made a noticeable difference. It was like night and day from warrior.

Well keep in mind that guard is an outlier. They had to nerf its healing and cleanses (2 years ago? more?), to make room for support engi and tempest. Which deleted mesmers from blobs and only engi stayed. So you got necros and revs for damage, and guards and engis for support. I don't think eod changed anything there, but I don't join blobs anymore so I'm not sure.

Only guard can grant reasonable party stability uptime... so 1 per party is mandatory.

War just became like ele, mesmer, ranger and thief as far as blob fights are concerned - not good enough to get a slot (or not good at all). It hurts war more cause its a crap roamer on top... unlike cele ele and mesmer and basically any thief or ranger. But maybe bladesworn is gonna be fit to roam for like 2-3 months.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Hotride.2187 said:

Well keep in mind that guard is an outlier.

Even on ranger I feel like I'm doing more in a zerg since I can attack siege behind walls and gates with Longbow 5. I can also attack havoc groups harassing backline with longbow. With mesmer, ranged boon removal, reflects, pulls and gravity well. Good thieves are good at havoc as well as mesmers. Ele still has staff and aoe. Aura share has value.

Warrior is the only odd man out when it comes to zerg fights.

But everything you said was true. Not many places left besides skirmishes and roaming for warrior.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/29/2022 at 2:38 PM, Mithrilos.8036 said:

And here I am still hoping for Warrior staff in the futur lel...ย 

My dream of support-leader warrior is sad right now

ย 

Staff (skinned to polearm/spear) Warrior is a MUST at this point.ย  This should have come out with spellbreaker if not bladesworn (and been called Paragon or Dervish elite or something new) or at least with berseker.ย  However, it's been skipped over THREE TIMES and we all know that staff/polearm is a STAPLE weapon for warriors/martial artists.ย  It's just insane that it's not there.

• Like 1

Play zerker. It's still pulling stupid damage numbers, just don't roam with it. You have to be good at warrior, I wouldn't recommend zerker to blobblings that can't function without pocket heals. In other words terribad warriors.ย ย 

ย 

But do use it in blobs, it's great

Edited by patton the great.7126

25 minutes ago, patton the great.7126 said:

Play zerker. It's still pulling stupid damage numbers, just don't roam with it. You have to be good at warrior, I wouldn't recommend zerker to blobblings that can't function without pocket heals. In other words terribad warriors.ย ย 

ย 

But do use it in blobs, it's great

i think you may want to reconsider your actual worth in a blob

Edited by Lighter.5631
  • Confused 1

I don't run blobs, I have a brain. I get 0 enjoyment out of mindless spamming of 1 1 1 1 1 1 heal 1 1 1 1 1 1 1.ย 

ย 

I do however follow enemy blobs and catch my prey that can't keep up. Zerker is great for insta downs, and carcass clean up when Heros come back to save their buddies. What a time to be alive! Pulled a pre the other day following a TC noob train around a bl. Good times!

• Confused 4

48 minutes ago, patton the great.7126 said:

I don't run blobs, I have a brain. I get 0 enjoyment out of mindless spamming of 1 1 1 1 1 1 heal 1 1 1 1 1 1 1.

I do however follow enemy blobs and catch my prey that can't keep up. Zerker is great for insta downs, and carcass clean up when Heros come back to save their buddies. What a time to be alive! Pulled a pre the other day following a TC noob train around a bl. Good times!

Don't you get deleted by every thief though?

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

The fact that since the WoD nerf warriors have been the about the rarest profession that I've seen in WvW and they still rate it that high says how much they know about warriors.

"What does Core Warrior bring? NOTHING!"

"Core is Dog๐Ÿ’ฉ"ย 

And they wonder why we complain...

Edited by Lan Deathrider.5910
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Hotride.2187 said:

Don't you get deleted by every thief though?

Not if you run an old style interrupt build, draw put their dodges then chain stun. Core warrior is actually in a manageable spot right now. Gotta pick ur poison. Zerker is pretty banzai, but if you min max your stats warrior is not in nearly as bad of shape as some would claim.ย 

ย 

I admit it ain't what it used to be, but it's also not completely dead. Do some homework, watch the metabattle site to see what the noobs are going to be rolling. Go from there.ย 

ย 

I die, everyone has died more than they'd care to admit, but it's all about how many more times can you make the other dog die. Warrior is still the most fulfilling profession to play because no one expects us to win. We are a better kind of people, that's why warrior will never fade. We don't log when we die, we come back buffed and ready for the next lootbag that has had the misfortune of thinking we are an easy kill. Good huntingย 

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, patton the great.7126 said:

Not if you run an old style interrupt build, draw put their dodges then chain stun. Core warrior is actually in a manageable spot right now. Gotta pick ur poison. Zerker is pretty banzai, but if you min max your stats warrior is not in nearly as bad of shape as some would claim.

I thought you mean berserker spec, not stat. Core... works I guess. Anything with protection and some toughness just outsustains you, but if its just toughness or just protection it can work. Unfortunately it can't even scratch cele, which is what the protection and toughness is.

I've ran it in group roaming, its fine. Not exceptional, but fine.

Its definitely the best option vs thief, at least until cele specter was introduced.

Edited by Hotride.2187

16 hours ago, Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

The fact that since the WoD nerf warriors have been the about the rarest profession that I've seen in WvW and they still rate it that high says how much they know about warriors.

"Stahp it you omega cringe lord!!!!!!!"ย ๐Ÿ˜†ย <-big sarcasm btw

On 4/1/2022 at 2:08 PM, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

Banners should be placed on warrior's back, just like Samurais do.

Imstead of placing them on floor, so the AoE would be mobile around warrior.

Wouldnt it be cool if Banners were a baseline class mechanic? You carry them on your back just like you suggested. You can then have 1 active at a time, kinda like a stance, and grant the effect sAoE around you. You can switch the required Banner at any time, kind of like Ele attunements, but they dont give new skills, they just have their respective effect active. It would fit the warrior theme! Boosting the moral of your allys around you and leading them into battle!

in all honesty.... just add this ontop of what warrior is right now... no drawbacks... just extra stuff! DO IT! Then Warrior would finally rise over the bluechild.

Edited by Sahne.6950

4 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Wouldnt it be cool if Banners were a baseline class mechanic? You carry them on your back just like you suggested. You can then have 1 active at a time, kinda like a stance, and grant the effect sAoE around you. You can switch the required Banner at any time, kind of like Ele attunements, but they dont give new skills, they just have their respective effect active. It would fit the warrior theme! Boosting the moral of your allys around you and leading them into battle!

in all honesty.... just add this ontop of what warrior is right now... no drawbacks... just extra stuff! DO IT! Then Warrior would finally rise over the bluechild.

I mean it wouldn't be a bad idea. You'd have to introduce a new utility type though.

22 hours ago, Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

probably the fact that yes, with the certain skill warrior is effective in that one niche.

but outside of that, warrior is simply not fun to play.

ย 

like nobody likes to play banner slave, but is banner bad? of course not.

outside of that one skill that allows warrior to be playable in that one mode, everything else crumbles.

2 minutes ago, Lighter.5631 said:

probably the fact that yes, with the certain skill warrior is effective in that one niche.

but outside of that, warrior is simply not fun to play.

ย 

like nobody likes to play banner slave, but is banner bad? of course not.

outside of that one skill that allows warrior to be playable in that one mode, everything else crumbles.

Oh I know, I was mainly stating that with how they ranked warrior and the fact that they were trying to rationalize the nerf as a buff is ridiculous. Tells me they don't know how to melee in a zerg and therefore know nothing about warriors. I'm still melee a Spellbreaker (and the only warrior 90% of the time) in one of groups I run with, and I'm typically the top boon ripper by a good shot. Granted that is all I do as most of my bar does no damage being CCs.