Achievement Points lost [Merged]

It appears that EoD story Act 1 is the culprit. They seem to have changed it to needing 19 achievements instead of 18. I previously did all teh 18 needed ones. The only one that is missing (which I haven't done because I did a hidden one instead as I just can't stress myself to do the other one) is "This Isn't Canon"... *sigh* guess I'll have to stress myself through this now... 

• Confused 1

Hopefully info is still being collected on this issue, as I see that I'm missing 15 AP too, and the issue seems to be the EoD Act I mastery. Previously I'd completed the meta (missing only the 'don't get hit by cannons' achievement), and the reward, The Storyteller's Lute, is in my bank.

Will submit an in-game ticket, just in case. 

After the original patch following the expansion I lost 16 AP and mine was from the "End of Dragons: Act 1 Mastery" 15 points and "This isn't Cannon" 1 point.  I sent in two bug reports (no response) and a support ticket; the support team told me that they can't do anything for me and that I should post a report here on the forums since this is where the "development team will be sure to address it as soon as possible".  The support team then requested that I respond to their response email with "I no longer need help", but I'm sure that the issue has not been resolved. As noted above on this post, I too have the "Storyteller's Lute" in my inventory, clearly showing that I completed the required objective.  I thought what the heck it'll only take me ten minutes to redo the AP, but when attempted the game knows I completed the challenge and won't give me a chance to re-earn AP that I already got/had.  I would request my points back or at least allow me to re-earn it.

Adding my 2cents. 15AP lost. I still have the Storyteller's Lute too.

EoD Act 1 Mastery now requires 19/19, not 18/18, and I chose to do the hidden achievement over the stressful AF "This isn't Cannon" achievement.

All other EoD Act masteries I have completed, bar two achievements (This Isn't Cannon, and Fascist Flattener)

I notice about something similar this week, APs going up and down by a little bit.
I am unable to track which one was that, but I believe it is one of the repeatables in EoD triggering the issue?

Currently I am sitting slightly above 44k, had most EoD AP finished (missing repeatable Kappa/Unchained from Kaineng, Shrine Guardians and backpack from Echovald, and Avid Saltwater). 

Since on my account I had most of the APs in EoD are finished, and my daily routine lately only contains meta events, none of the remaining APs are being worked on.

As far as I can tell, the ones that I finished lately are repeatables (Seitung meta, JadeMech/Purist/Meta in Kaineng, and the lighting ones), dailies, weeklies (Jade Statuettes), and SAB dailies, but none of these should no longer provide APs for my account.

Hopefully this information can help to narrow down the issue.

22 hours ago, maplemist.5897 said:

I notice about something similar this week, APs going up and down by a little bit.
I am unable to track which one was that, but I believe it is one of the repeatables in EoD triggering the issue?

Currently I am sitting slightly above 44k, had most EoD AP finished (missing repeatable Kappa/Unchained from Kaineng, Shrine Guardians and backpack from Echovald, and Avid Saltwater). 

Since on my account I had most of the APs in EoD are finished, and my daily routine lately only contains meta events, none of the remaining APs are being worked on.

As far as I can tell, the ones that I finished lately are repeatables (Seitung meta, JadeMech/Purist/Meta in Kaineng, and the lighting ones), dailies, weeklies (Jade Statuettes), and SAB dailies, but none of these should no longer provide APs for my account.

Hopefully this information can help to narrow down the issue.

So what I found today is that, the repeatable Protector of Kaineng is granting me additional 1AP when it shouldn't.

And another 2AP after finishing Kaineng meta and relogging, it is either from Hero of New Kaineng or Protector of Kaineng, I am not sure on this one.

But I assume these 3 AP will be gone again tomorrow after daily reset.

• Confused 1

Looks like someone flipped the switch on the number of objectives required for the Mastery for ALL the EoD chapters to include all of the hidden ones. I haven't started Chapter 4, and it says "Complete all 16 End of Dragons: Act 4 achievements" - but there's only 14 in the list. Are we really required to find all the hidden ones in each chapter now? Any update on this one @Rubi Bayer.8493

• 2 weeks later...

I lost over 400 AP today. I have the 20k Allready archived and got the chest for 20k weeks ago. Today I logged in and had  a mail explaining that a title of the hall of monoments was removed and my AP are now 19.765.
I still can proof this, because the 20k AP chest is still used and it shows, that I need 20.500 AP for the next reward.

What is happaning here?

EDIT:
After relogging, I have 20.275 AP. Strange thing...

Edited by Beautiful Mind.5601

3 hours ago, Beautiful Mind.5601 said:

I lost over 400 AP today. I have the 20k Allready archived and got the chest for 20k weeks ago. Today I logged in and had  a mail explaining that a title of the hall of monoments was removed and my AP are now 19.765.
I still can proof this, because the 20k AP chest is still used and it shows, that I need 20.500 AP for the next reward.

What is happaning here?

EDIT:
After relogging, I have 20.275 AP. Strange thing...

It happens when ever gw1 and gw2 servers go out of synch mate.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Was at 38,476 AP. Did Seitung meta. Got another AP to 38,477 (don't think I should have - I think the repeatable AP was topped out). Travelled to Arborstone. AP was now down to 38,474. Exited and restarted and AP is still at 38,474. Quite frankly at this AP level I can't confirm which is correct, but the timing is very suspect. The previous AP (for which I received 1 point yesterday) has been consistent for some time. I believe that there was an over-correction for the misapplied recurring meta point.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I had the same thing happen today. I was at 42,699 AP and did the New Kaineng meta, map completion and two repeatables - "Harbinger of Zhaitan" and "Reliving the Tragedy" (none of which should give me any AP because I've maxed them out already) but ended up having 42,697 AP afterwards. Meaning I LOST 2AP doing these. Leaderboards still say I have 42,699 but in-game it says 42,697.

Talked to support about it who said they can't do anything about AP, and told me to file an in-game bug report (which I have) and post here on the forums (which I am doing now).

Edited by darksome.1697

On 3/29/2022 at 2:46 PM, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

I'm passing all this info on, thank you again!

I just experienced something similar. I just somehow lost 2 ap tonight not quite sure how. I put in a support ticket but I think its related to the Seitung province meta. I somehow lost the ap between doing that meta and map hoping.

Only guess is it may have been awarding more ap than intended at launch but considering a lot of the  Achievement panels were mislabeled at launch not sure if it was or not. I am not sure if this is the case or some other weird bug happened.  I do a lot of achievement hunting so some clarification would be nice. Doesn't feel good to randomly lose ap. 

• Thanks 1

My fishing achievement appears to lost credit of some fishing achievement that might as well relate to this issue. As details are shown in my original post. Hoping this reply to draw attention from devs, I've been waiting for response over 2 months. It's so frustrating that you can't either get title or buy ascended fishing rod.

Edited by Onion.3425

On 5/10/2022 at 6:38 PM, Onion.3425 said:

My fishing achievement appears to lost credit of some fishing achievement that might as well relate to this issue. As details are shown in my original post. Hoping this reply to draw attention from devs, I've been waiting for response over 2 months. It's so frustrating that you can't either get title or buy ascended fishing rod.

That is not the same issue. In fact even the OP is no longer fully valid now, but moderators seem to merge all the threads related to losing AP so I guess we're stuck with this one.

Anet fixed the requirement for the hidden achievements, which was the issue in the OP (nothing noted in the release notes of course, but they fixed that a few patches ago). What they didn't fix was the AP lost from doing repeatables that no longer award AP, which was the second part of the OP. That bug is still in the game, and has yet to be acknowledged by Anet.

The bug removes AP for people doing the Seitung Province Meta, New Kaineng Meta and other repeatable tasks in those two zones once they are no longer awarding AP. So unless you want to lose AP from playing, I'd stay out of Seitung Province and New Kaineng, until we hear something from Anet.

There are only two repeatables in Echovald and Dragon's End (the lighting jade lanterns ones) so you're not risking anything by playing in those zones.

Edited by darksome.1697
formatting

On 5/12/2022 at 5:46 AM, darksome.1697 said:

That is not the same issue. In fact even the OP is no longer fully valid now, but moderators seem to merge all the threads related to losing AP so I guess we're stuck with this one

Thanks for the detailed information.

Part of reason to post here is to draw attention, but still thanks to your clarification. Because of how occasional cold case of mine is, I couldn't help but wonder if Devs would rather ignore it than take some time to deal with the case that doesn't affect most players, or maybe it's just really complicated behind coding stuff. Frustration can be destructive when they put a big big grind wall behind fishing final completion, then oops no reward for you which you can lose passion on rest of content. On top of that, they have stopped to update the known issue or bug since the end of Fabruary, so I don't know what else to rely on.

There might be a problem with Seitung's repeatable achievements (the 5 Eternal ones + Illuminating, maybe): we don't get the +1 or +2 AP when we complete the full achievement, but when we complete a tier (so for example in Eternal Seitung Harbor Shenanigans, we get 1 AP after 3 events, when we complete tier 1, at 3/6, and another one after tier 2, at 6/6). This way, even if the full achievement has been completed only once, we might get the full reward (3 APs).

Example: Eternal Troubles completed once, and 3/3 APs received (yesterday)

Eternal Seitung Harbor Shenanigans: completed twice, and still 3/3 APs in total

If we keep completing the events when the total reward has been already granted, we receive an additional AP, but the next day it's removed (maybe this is one of the reason why some people notice less APs than the previous day).

Example: Eternal Troubles completed once, still 3/3 total APs, but I went from 38,118 AP to 38,117 AP (today)

Then I came back to 38,118 after completing Eternal Troubles twice. Likely tomorrow I'll be again back to 38,117 (I'll check), since I already got the maximum APs (3) for this repeatable achiev.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Urud.4925 said:

Actually I didn't have to wait 1 day. After logging out and in again, I lost the AP that I gained for completing Eternal Troubles twice, as I suspected. Back to 38,117.

Eternal Troubles: completed twice, but -1 AP

The same problem is happening with the repeatable ones in New Kaineng as well. I'm not 100% sure the metas in those two zones are affected though, it might be happening because you're killing mobs that have repeatables while doing the metas. The difference with your test for me is that I didn't get any AP for completing two repeatables (as expected, since I had done it so many times before it was on 0AP), I had 42,699 before completing it, and 42,699 after completing it, but I did get the -2AP after leaving the zone ending up at 42,697.

Edited by darksome.1697