about last patch?

• Quarry Overlook hero challenge in Dragon's End can't be reached without High Vault.
  • Harvest Temple Main Entrance is an absolute pain to get to even with High Vault and not doable without. You may be able to cheese it during the meta, when gliding down from the airship, but I haven't tested that yet and it might not work with the basic glider.
  • New Kaineng Insight: Lutgardis Market isn't technically needed for map completion, but another example of something that can't be reached without High Vault as far as I know.

There are a few more Mastery Insights that I didn't get with the basic Springer that were no problem with the High Vault enabled Springer on my main account. I didn't try map completion in Echovald on the alt-account, but even the normal navigation in areas without zip-lines is much more annoying on a basic Springer.

• Confused 2

9 minutes ago, Slowpokeking.8720 said:

Pls fix the notes in spec collection as well. It requires you to do instance/strike mission.

it says it will be updated later if you read the patch notes.

Edit

I thought notes as in the text that you can now buy it instead of doing story.

But saw in other thread that there is indeed a notes you need to find in earlier part of story.

Edited by Linken.6345

1 hour ago, Sarajiel.5830 said:
  • Quarry Overlook hero challenge in Dragon's End can't be reached without High Vault.

Hard to say without the non-high vault springer, but that's almost certainly wrong. Try going from the side (when facing HP, go to the right), up on the wall (x2), up on the rocks, then circling back in the direction of the hp through the roofs and finally you glide to the right, to the hp.

• Harvest Temple Main Entrance is an absolute pain to get to even with High Vault and not doable without. You may be able to cheese it during the meta, when gliding down from the airship, but I haven't tested that yet and it might not work with the basic glider.

Here you've probably answered yourself.

I wouldn't even say that's cheesing it since you're just using a regular waypoint available to anyone on the map. But if you want more "workarounds" (which does not involve "p2w tp to a friend"), then just ask if anyone can portal you there or even just let you sit as a turtlepassenger. That said, just using the wp should be ok?

• New Kaineng Insight: Lutgardis Market isn't technically needed for map completion, but another example of something that can't be reached without High Vault as far as I know.

There are a few more Mastery Insights that I didn't get with the basic Springer that were no problem with the High Vault enabled Springer on my main account. I didn't try map completion in Echovald on the alt-account, but even the normal navigation in areas without zip-lines is much more annoying on a basic Springer.

As you've said yourself, mastery insights aren't needed for map completion -and more importantly, if you don't have the turtle, you automatically need 20 less points than you'd do with the turtle, so I don't even feel obliged to check that one (or these two. Or multiple, but still significantly less than 20).

Sorry, but so far it doesn't seem you're correct here.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

11 hours ago, Boogiepop Void.6473 said:

Still no salvage all for research kits? Still unusable by any person with hand issues.

Every day this issue gets ignored it becomes more and more likely that they left out the salvage all option intentionally to pad playtime statistics. Same reason jade waypoint takes several moon cycles to place when disabling it in combat would be enough.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

12 hours ago, Gorem.8104 said:

We never had to do instanced content for a mount before. And the Turtle is not even a good mount to own anyway. 

Strike Missions also were not a thing when previous mounts were released. Not to mention the strike mission required for the turtle is insanely easy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

38 minutes ago, Shaogin.2679 said:

Strike Missions also were not a thing when previous mounts were released. Not to mention the strike mission required for the turtle is insanely easy.

Your definition of "insanely easy" seems to be different than mine. Out of all the strikes the only one i might ever use that description on is Shiverpeaks. None of the EoD strikes come even close to being that easy.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

43 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Your definition of "insanely easy" seems to be different than mine. Out of all the strikes the only one i might ever use that description on is Shiverpeaks. None of the EoD strikes come even close to being that easy.

I'm sure it is different. What is easy and difficult is different for everyone. However, in all my attempts at doing that strike, always with random pugs, not once have I seen it completely fail. I've been in groups that have wiped because they tried to face tank a mechanic they were not familiar with, but we would always explain what happened and kill it on the very next attempt. It doesn't even require high dps or advanced team coordination. I've been in groups with dps players doing less damage than the healers, groups where everyone runs around randomly with no idea what is going on, and yet we still always get the kill.

I really will never understand the stigma against instanced content. People seem to lose their minds the second they are required to interact with strangers in an MMO. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, Shaogin.2679 said:

Doesn't matter how "easy" it is, there should be a soloable version. Fact is your are forced to do a 10man strike with 9 others in an organised group. I came to GW2 to get away from that after WoW and Rift and other mmo's. GW2's always been super solo friendly until EoD apparently. Raided most of my mmo life, its nice to play a game that doesn't force that on people... again until EoD. 

Give that drop from the story mission version and you'd please sooo many people. No idea why Anet being stubborn about this. 

• Like 10
  • Confused 3

5 minutes ago, Gorem.8104 said:

Doesn't matter how "easy" it is, there should be a soloable version. Fact is your are forced to do a 10man strike with 9 others in an organised group. I came to GW2 to get away from that after WoW and Rift and other mmo's. GW2's always been super solo friendly until EoD apparently. Raided most of my mmo life, its nice to play a game that doesn't force that on people... again until EoD. 

Give that drop from the story mission version and you'd please sooo many people. No idea why Anet being stubborn about this. 

Are you able to solo map meta events? The difference between map metas and strikes is strikes require you to take an extra step and join/create a group on lfg, and half the people can't just afk and wait to be carried.

Also, as I pointed out, your group does not need to be "organized". You are simply in an instance with 9 other strangers. You can run around like a chicken with your head cut off doing 3k dps and you will still be just fine. MMO games are not solo games. The turtle mount isn't even a solo mount. Yet people want to pitch a fit because "How dare Anet make me play a MMO with other players online and not simply give me the turtle for simply having a pulse!" 

I am pretty sure Anet's entire intent behind locking the turtle behind a strike mission is to get players to try strikes out, appreciate the work put in to them, and get them to realize it honestly isn't as bad as the forum warriors would have you believe.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

16 minutes ago, Gorem.8104 said:

Saying GW2 is solo friendly until EoD when both PoF and EoD are easier solo than HoT is a bit backwards. Also, since Strikes not being soloable is suddenly a problem(even though someone already solod Aether, Xunlai and Kaineng already) I wonder why "I can't solo this" didn't pop up with metas?  Beetle requires metas you can't solo, but noone is talking about that.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

16 hours ago, Ari.4672 said:

Shame still forced to do something for turtle....   yet other things now can buy...     bad Anet and classic mis-selling of a main feature 

We were forced to do something for the Skyscale, the Griffon, the Roller Beetle. How can anyone think we wouldn't have to do something for the turtle?

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

29 minutes ago, Gorem.8104 said:

Pretty sure for your Griffon there was a bounty in there you couldn't solo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

43 minutes ago, Gorem.8104 said:

Doesn't matter how "easy" it is, there should be a soloable version. Fact is your are forced to do a 10man strike with 9 others in an organised group. I came to GW2 to get away from that after WoW and Rift and other mmo's.

I also love how hysterical this is. You could care less how easy the content is to complete, you just hate playing with other people, in an MMO. You came to GW2, an MMO, to get away from other MMO games, because they play like, well, an MMO. Maybe, crazy thought here, MMO games are not your thing? 

I mean, it is one thing to play an MMO as a solo player while fully realizing that you will not be able to solo everything in the game since the game is, of course, an MMO. But to choose to play an MMO solo and then complain that the MMO game has MMO elements and you can't get something you want simply because you refuse to be in a group with others? That is insane! I mean, you don't even have to interact with these people! All you have to do is look at the lfg and click join. Really just blows my mind, ya know?

Edited by Shaogin.2679
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 4

2 hours ago, Gorem.8104 said:

If you choose to avoid group content and their rewards then you're free to make that choice. Still a lot to do as a solo player, so lets not pretend it's suddenly not solo/casual friendly. gw2 was never made to somehow fully complete solo, but suddenly that's a requirement that makes or breaks the -mmo- game for you?

And as said in the post above, if you want to 100% the game solo anyways... just play single player rpgs.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 6

I could try again to do the strike except whenever I'll try to find groups https://ibb.co/LxX7BN4

*Sigh* I guess ANet idea of """earning""" the mount is quite different from any sane person...

I am so tired of even trying to find a group, the strike requirement is bad and you all know it

P.S kudos on the one guy posting "never buy strikes" in the lfg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

7 hours ago, Vayne.8563 said:

We were forced to do something for the Skyscale, the Griffon, the Roller Beetle. How can anyone think we wouldn't have to do something for the turtle?

The skyscale, griffon, and roller beetle were not advertised as being main components of a paid expansion. With the siege turtle being advertised the way it was, it was perfectly reasonable to expect that acquisition would more in line with raptor, springer, jackal, and skimmer from PoF, which only required completion of a renown heart and a small purchase from the vendor.

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

53 minutes ago, Mike D.3047 said:

I could try again to do the strike except whenever I'll try to find groups https://ibb.co/LxX7BN4

*Sigh* I guess ANet idea of """earning""" the mount is quite different from any sane person...

I am so tired of even trying to find a group, the strike requirement is bad and you all know it

Is the "advertise your group" button somehow invisible on your screen? Because I can see it on mine. (and I like how you intentionally had to scroll down the list to show specifically what you wanted to show 😄 )

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 5

53 minutes ago, Mike D.3047 said:

Are you implying that people that are fine with it should be marked as an insane person?

I guess in order to have the driving license as well I have to agree with you in this matter or else I am not qualified.

17 minutes ago, divineDerivative.5194 said:

The skyscale, griffon, and roller beetle were not advertised as being main components of a paid expansion. With the siege turtle being advertised the way it was, it was perfectly reasonable to expect that acquisition would more in line with raptor, springer, jackal, and skimmer from PoF, which only required completion of a renown heart and a small purchase from the vendor.

As usual: if you want to be completely sure about the requirements of any reward the game will be offering, but they're not known pre-release... Then just wait until the release and you will see full requirements within a day or two.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, divineDerivative.5194 said:

To get a Skimmer you need to reach the third Mastery on Raptor to even be allowed to do the heart.
To get a Jackal you need to reach the third Mastery on either the Springer or Skimmer.

That isn't a 10 minute job.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Vayne.8563 said:

Whether right or wrong, people see a difference between two sets of mounts. In one set we have raptor/springer/skimmer/jackal and in the other set we have skyscale/roller beetle/griffon. Various things lead some to expect the the turtle would fit in the first set, not the second.

I'm not arguing either way in this post. I can think of arguments both for and against. But that is how some came to think the turle would be close to just handed out.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

To get a Skimmer you need to reach the third Mastery on Raptor to even be allowed to do the heart.
To get a Jackal you need to reach the third Mastery on either the Springer or Skimmer.

That isn't a 10 minute job.

This is true, but in my experience it both of those gates were reached completely organically just playing through the zones in order. YMMV

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Whether right or wrong, people see a difference between two sets of mounts. In one set we have raptor/springer/skimmer/jackal and in the other set we have skyscale/roller beetle/griffon. Various things lead some to expect the the turtle would fit in the first set, not the second.

I'm not arguing either way in this post. I can think of arguments both for and against. But that is how some came to think the turle would be close to just handed out.

I think a lot of the initial confusion came from ANet saying in a live feed that acquiring the Siege Turtle would be "comparable to getting the Roller Beetle."  That's almost a direct quote.  Now, you and I and everyone can debate the vagueness of the word "comparable" because, really, anything can be compared to something else.  I and others assumed -- wrongly as it turned out -- that they meant getting the ST would be as quick and easy as getting the Beetle.  So I guess they meant something else and probably regretted the "comparable" statement because the arguments have been ongoing for a month.

Honestly, I don't have a dog turtle in this fight any more.  I cared at first release, but then decided that I didn't want the ST anyway, and upon seeing STs in the world I'm glad I didn't get frustrated trying.  It's not my style and not something I would use.  Sour grapes?  Probably a little bit, but I'm OK with that.

Edited by Witch of Doom.5739
spacing
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1