WvWvW Roaming Balance

smiiirf.3201

Specter & harbinger overperforms to much. Harbinger has insane Sustain, Mobility and Condi DMG at once and Specter Scepter Skill 3 does to much DMG + to many ports. Fix it pls. It sucks that a Class like Necro overperform across the board now.

Nade Spammer are also still a thing.

Pls Fix.

Edited by Leolas.6273
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 2

For Specter: I think only 3 needs some number adjustement but overall it is Okay also the ports.

Harbinger: Yea i saw also such abonimation. It has the sustain like a necro, the mobility like a thief and the condi dmg directly from soo-wons kitten. There should be made some tradeoffs here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

What about Willbenders? not much of a problem? I don't roam anymore, but the few I've met the past week all have been troublesome with their mobility, like way more than a thief lol, (I don't even know what the second red bar on their health bar is suppose to be lol.)

Haven't seen much specters around, although I'm still trying to get use to the new set of icons, too bad they didn't design icons uniformly around classes, like all guards specs have shield type border icon, or all mesmer specs have hexagon border icon, or all warriors have circle border icons, instead they gave every single one a new icon that you have to memorize, ugh. Gonna have to look up a class periodic table by next expansion(yes I know the wiki has one now). 🙄

Edited by Xenesis.6389
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

What about Willbenders? not much of a problem? I don't roam anymore, but the few I've met the past week all have been troublesome with their mobility, like way more than a thief lol, (I don't even know what the second red bar on their health bar is suppose to be lol.)

Haven't seen much specters around, although I'm still trying to get use to the new set of icons, too bad they didn't design icons uniformly around classes, like all guards specs have shield type border icon, or all mesmer specs have hexagon border icon, or all warriors have circle border icons, instead they gave every single one a new icon that you have to memorize, ugh. Gonna have to look up a class periodic table by next expansion(yes I know the wiki has one now). 🙄

Willbenders are near the botton of the food chain.

Maybe you've met amazing players. Willbender has only one Shadowstep, and 2 small dashes and one small jump. They still use Judges Intervention, which is the only good mobility skill they have

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, KeoLegend.5132 said:

Willbenders are near the botton of the food chain.

Maybe you've met amazing players. Willbender has only one Shadowstep, and 2 small dashes and one small jump. They still use Judges Intervention, which is the only good mobility skill they have

Well they didn't kill me, and as I said I don't roam anymore, and they were in a small group so maybe they offloaded all their mobility and went back to the group, just wondering how they were with all that movement.

1 hour ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

What's confusing about my post confused emojicon giver?

Oooh maybe you got fanboys too?

I still havent met any EoD spec that is particularly oppressive. Maybe it'll happen eventually. There are strong ones but tbh... PoF specs have been just as strong and still is. Not to mention the players that roflstomp on EoD specs would probably do almost as good on PoF/HoT specs. Specter? Cant remember one of them - all the "good" thieves play daredevil because of course they do (ie perma-stealth-teleport-monkeys). Harbinger? Very strong when in shroud, for sure. Outside shroud? Pretty much like any other glass necro, topples over easily when pressed. I've seen more core necros still running around because LF regen condi bunkers still have stupid strong sustain. Mechanist? Barely seen them. Why? Probably because they only bring another head to battle (or well, technically 2 heads). That's it. Sure you can win by brute forcing things but most of the actual utility of bringing an engineer for smallscale is lost.

Either way I'm sure Anet is working hard on coming up with random nerfs for core specs due to people complaining about EoD specs, dont you worry about that. They rarely disappoint.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

anyway theres no balace its all a mess

guard pull'n traps ten bilion dmg or 3k burn spam > dead

mesmer invul stealth spam clones/swords hit harder than rapidshot  or 9001 condi > dead

thief stealth 7k hits or 9001 condi > dead

ranger sickem pack pointblank rapidfire > dead

etc...

the only one that i can kill is the ranger that PANIC cuz the rapidfire get dodged and stand there cuz he dont know what do

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Specters and harbingers you can thank me with confused emojicons for pulling the focus off you, your friendly neighborhood mesmer with temporal curtain. 🤭

Weird thing of the day: You can't use strikethrough in edit post, only in new post!

That’s ok, I can’t use strikethrough at all.  🤷

16 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Oooh maybe you got fanboys too?

I still havent met any EoD spec that is particularly oppressive. Maybe it'll happen eventually. There are strong ones but tbh... PoF specs have been just as strong and still is. Not to mention the players that roflstomp on EoD specs would probably do almost as good on PoF/HoT specs. Specter? Cant remember one of them - all the "good" thieves play daredevil because of course they do (ie perma-stealth-teleport-monkeys). Harbinger? Very strong when in shroud, for sure. Outside shroud? Pretty much like any other glass necro, topples over easily when pressed. I've seen more core necros still running around because LF regen condi bunkers still have stupid strong sustain. Mechanist? Barely seen them. Why? Probably because they only bring another head to battle (or well, technically 2 heads). That's it. Sure you can win by brute forcing things but most of the actual utility of bringing an engineer for smallscale is lost.

Either way I'm sure Anet is working hard on coming up with random nerfs for core specs due to people complaining about EoD specs, dont you worry about that. They rarely disappoint.

There is a "Celestial/Diviner-Grenade-Mechanist build" that is literally unkillable at the moment. My brother is rocking it and he is suddenly able to kill me and my other 2 buddys in a 1v3 duell when it was fair 1v1 duells before EoD.... !!!!1v3!!!! Its crazy how strong this build is! Glad you have not met it yet xD because if you meet it you will be fuming. The sustain is insane and it has 100% coverage of Stability..... 100%!!! Mechanist is insanely busted in WvW smallscale and im really happy not many people have noticed it yet.

Edit: you can vote Confused all you want... This Mechanist build is VERY VERY VERY Opressive! You can believe me or not. I spend all of my time in WvW smallscale and im pretty sure i spot when something is blatantly overperforming. Never said its good in Zergcontent, but in Smallscale it is 100% the strongest build roaming around in WvW since they took away the second dodgeroll from Mirage.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Confused 3

15 hours ago, Bleikopf.2491 said:

Haven't fought many Harbingers yet, but I'm the kind of Ele who struggles with any Necro anyway. 

Specter is just impossible for me to catch up to or kill if they decide to leave. So basically just a classic thief. 

Specter is better in this aspect, as they're not limited to a visible spot when stacking stealth.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

There is a "Celestial/Diviner-Grenade-Mechanist build" that is literally unkillable at the moment. My brother is rocking it and he is suddenly able to kill me and my other 2 buddys in a 1v3 duell when it was fair 1v1 duells before EoD.... !!!!1v3!!!! Its crazy how strong this build is! Glad you have not met it yet xD because if you meet it you will be fuming. The sustain is insane and it has 100% coverage of Stability..... 100%!!! Mechanist is insanely busted in WvW smallscale and im really happy not many people have noticed it yet.

Edit: you can vote Confused all you want... This Mechanist build is VERY VERY VERY Opressive! You can believe me or not. I spend all of my time in WvW smallscale and im pretty sure i spot when something is blatantly overperforming. Never said its good in Zergcontent, but in Smallscale it is 100% the strongest build roaming around in WvW since they took away the second dodgeroll from Mirage.

Which is no difference from PoF builds that can 1v3, is it? 

But you can do a simple sanity check on it. Do anyone he fight 1v1 bring him below 66% hp? If so 3 people should always, without question, be able to kill him. If you cant... perhaps you just got poor counters. It happens you know.

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

This Mechanist build is VERY VERY VERY Opressive! You can believe me or not. I spend all of my time in WvW smallscale and im pretty sure i spot when something is blatantly overperforming. Never said its good in Zergcontent, but in Smallscale it is 100% the strongest build roaming around in WvW since they took away the second dodgeroll from Mirage.

Oh going by the current balancing process, that just means boon stripping needs to get whacked again, mesmer's turn for another slap nerf again!

Edited by Xenesis.6389

Yeah, as others said, I've also seen Celestial Harbinger, it's absurdly and disgustingly overpowered. I've been roaming for almost a decade and few specs come close to this... thing. Sadly? I think it's here to stay. I can escape them very easily on the specs I play so I'm annoyed at best, but I can definitely understand the frustration.

Specter is just top tier almost everywhere (and at almost everything, lol), just as it was expected, sadly (again).

Edited by Khenzy.9348
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1