More Fractals

Right, there is a Char fight in Urban Battleground.
There is Asuran Inquest fight in Uncategorized.
What about Sylvari? Sylvari fight? Where we get to fight as Sylvaris?

Could you turn part of storyline where we will fight as Sylvari in territories of Nightmare to rescue a double agent? -Or something similar. 

Also can we have more fracs so that we can completely not do double Sunqua Peak on a given day? Why, because you have not enough fractals?

- How about a new one where we fight as Aetherblade fraction against New Kaineng defenders. Like a mini invasion or sorts...

These are concepts of 2 more new factals I can think of right now.  Anything to avoid double Sunqua I guess!

Edited by medivh.4725
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

Its a dead mode. Last fractal update required lots of reddit memes about dead content to make them work on a new one. They have not announced anything yet and its most likely not in the pipeline either.

I dont expect one before july or late fall if we even get one this year. Instanced content has the release frequency of expansions of other mmos. Sunqua was released on august 25th 2020.

Strikes are the new instanced content. bet on those.

• Confused 1

52 minutes ago, SidewayS.3789 said:

I hope, fractal won't go in the same grave as dungeons/raids. But as far as I see, they are focused on strikes as their "new shiny". If they are not dead now, prob they will have a slow death.

Fractals have been in a declining state for years now. The latest fractal (Sunqua Peak) never got bug fixed properly or had it's final boss' health properly tuned for T1 and T2. Arenanet seemingly gave up on it less than one month after release.

And they recently nerfed the Mystic Coin rewards.

• Thanks 1

The only thing I can say every time you turn content which isn't supposed to be dead content into dead content you lose a good chunk of your playerbase .

It wasn't there at the time but there is a video about worst things happened in GW2 one of the earliest things was how dungeon were made dead and fractals were the new shinny thing . What happened with it also was making exotic gear obsolete for the most part and ascended gear the new standard. Which also made jeweler obsolete.

The new direction is similar but actually I have no idea what is going on with Arena.NET nothing what they do makes sense the last 2+ years.

1.)Do we know which is the boss of the studio ? No

2.)Did the fire too many devs ? From what they say most of the devs where working on a new project but also they fired a lot of senior devs so no?(also a few got back)

3.)So maybe they lost still too many devs so the problem is the profit ? From the last numbers no

4.) Besides instanced content do we get a NEW living story ? no so far

I can understand that many things was lying around because of cov but there is so much which screams that Arena.NET doing this only with a minimum crew and a lot of  people that a new to what they are doing . Maybe they got all an offer from Amazon Gaming or NCsoft tries to squeeze out to make too much profit.

There could be also multiply things at once but with this course this will end in a downwards spiral which many MMOs ended up  and then there won't be even a chance for GW3 which many old school hardcore fans envisioned in their fewer dreams.

So I can only so to who are responsible for this game if you have problems then take the phone and ask someone who can answer the question in gods sake .

Edited by Lord of the Fire.6870

We'll see a new fractal again someday I'm sure. Only because it's somewhat easy content to make compared to a raid wing. That said it could be years. Their communication is really poor and we have no real idea what any of their long term planning goals look like other than season 5 and new expac are in the works. 

It took about 6 or 7 months for them to fix the glitch Sunqua where the boss became invincible if your party died and the wind bouncing pad can sometimes still drop you to your death. So fractals are pretty much off their radar, I guess except for looking for ways to take rewards away from CM fractals.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Vidit.7108 said:

We'll see a new fractal again someday I'm sure. Only because it's somewhat easy content to make compared to a raid wing. That said it could be years. Their communication is really poor and we have no real idea what any of their long term planning goals look like other than season 5 and new expac are in the works. 

It took about 6 or 7 months for them to fix the glitch Sunqua where the boss became invincible if your party died and the wind bouncing pad can sometimes still drop you to your death. So fractals are pretty much off their radar, I guess except for looking for ways to take rewards away from CM fractals.

And yet fire phase aoe markers are still not fixed you only see the glowing icon in the air on normal

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Vidit.7108 said:

We'll see a new fractal again someday I'm sure. Only because it's somewhat easy content to make compared to a raid wing.

and yet the last fractal was 2 years ago and the last raid only 3 years ago. They seem to get about the same development time lol

The last good fractal was Nightmare. Each next one got progressively worse and worse, becoming longer and incorporating kittenous mechanics, culminating in the utter kitten of Deepstone and Sanqua "why is the horse still talking" Peak. If Anet is unable to produce quality fractals anymore, I'd rather not get any at all.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

On 4/5/2022 at 9:47 AM, SidewayS.3789 said:

I hope, fractal won't go in the same grave as dungeons/raids. But as far as I see, they are focused on strikes as their "new shiny". If they are not dead now, prob they will have a slow death.

It's too bad. I mean the new strikes are cool and all, but I'd rather have new fractals.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2022 at 7:38 PM, Wintermute.5408 said:

The last good fractal was Nightmare. Each next one got progressively worse and worse, becoming longer and incorporating kittenous mechanics, culminating in the utter kitten of Deepstone and Sanqua "why is the horse still talking" Peak. If Anet is unable to produce quality fractals anymore, I'd rather not get any at all.

Sunqua is long enough. If that's not bad enough, they have to put not 1 but 2 Sunquas on same day. And then the horse keeps talking and talking. Oh god. Skip button??? 

It feels like a defeat to do it all over again. This is why you shouldn't put repeat  fractals on a day. It is not a difficult or unreasonable request. Just swop something in? And don't ask players to skip frac because loots will be lost okay. 

The LFG adverts are saying "No Sunqua". People exiting sunqua stage. Its not that the stage is bad, it is the senseless repeat making it bad. 

Such bad design to put longest frac twice. What is this. I'll challenge you to put it 3 times as a showing to public you have really limited playable contents. 

Edited by medivh.4725
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, medivh.4725 said:

Sunqua is long enough. If that's not bad enough, they have to put not 1 but 2 Sunquas on same day. And then the horse keeps talking and talking. Oh god. Skip button??? 

It feels like a defeat to do it all over again. This is why you shouldn't put repeat  fractals on a day. It is not a difficult or unreasonable request. Just swop something in? And don't ask players to skip frac because loots will be lost okay. 

The LFG adverts are saying "No Sunqua". People exiting sunqua stage. Its not that the stage is bad, it is the senseless repeat making it bad. 

Such bad design to put longest frac twice. What is this. I'll challenge you to put it 3 times as a showing to public you have really limited playable contents. 

The thing I hate about Sunqua is you have this long fractal where the entire thing is just dumbed down training for the final boss.  I know it's a common complaint that the game doesn't do enough to train players in how to handle the mechanics, but there's a time and a place.  Daily repeatable content is not it.  And certainly not in fractals where players who feel the need can simply practice the boss on lower tiers to learn the basics.

Having said that, at this point I'd be happy to see any activity at all on fractals.  It's past time for a new one but all we seem to be working on are strike missions.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

The thing I hate about Sunqua is you have this long fractal where the entire thing is just dumbed down training for the final boss.

That and walking between them taking forever. And waiting on the NPC to run its mouth. It has to be the dullest fractal overall...

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Thanks 1

On 4/5/2022 at 10:28 AM, Fueki.4753 said:

If they made new fractals with similar length to the original ones, it'd be nice.

I don't like that fractals kept becoming longer and longer.

This happened because they decided that fractals would house all 5-man instanced content instead of ever working on new non-FOTM dungeons, which resulted in nothing other than diluting & ruining the theme of FOTM and leaving us starved for deep, immersive small group instance content involving the actual world & story. 

It has remained a stupid decision for 8 years now that Anet continues to pay for. The truth is Colin made a ton of bad calls early in the game's history including the mess of LW1 and firing the dungeon team that they are way, way overdue for correcting even if it means slowing the pace of normal LW releases for a little while.

Hopefully this will get the same prioritization LW1 finally did for the steam launch. 

Edited by Einlanzer.1627
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1