thanks anet

felix.2386

bladesworn's gameplay is so bad to a point it becomes so fun

man, i've not had this much fun in ages. thanks anet for this comic relief

for real tho, i hope anet dont change this, gw2 needs a spec that's super awkward to play and disliked by everyone lol.

it is also funny how bladesworn's viability is held together by this ridiculously insane amount of healing while everything else is trash tier..if any other spec to get this much healing, they would be unkillable god tier

the meme is so strong in this one 😂

only sad part is this spec has no variety outside of shoutheal..i guess thats the sacrifice needed to become memesworn.

Edited by felix.2386
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

I see ALOT Of people ironically like Bladesworn.

it has a very strong PvP build (Granted its one Specific build and is surrounding shout Spam)

it a Really strong open world build as it can build very tanky and still 1 shot majority of monsters.

In PvE Content it Shines ALOT in some fights, not so much in others. basically what options are susposed to be, Bladesworn is No where near as bad, while i can understand when warrior mains say they just Dont like bladesworn (It doesnt feel like a Warrior) I dont think many would try proclaim it doesnt have its strengths.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

11 minutes ago, Arklite.4013 said:

A lot of people unironically enjoy bladesworn.

not many actual warrior mains do though sadly, i find alot of Long term Warrior mains actually hate the specc thematically.

i think its more the people who jumped ship for the specc due to being awed by Gunblade stuff that are loving it, not a Negative thing ofcourse however you'd think they'd keep the Long term core audience of proffessions at heart when designing new things for it realistically.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

15 minutes ago, Arklite.4013 said:

A lot of people unironically enjoy bladesworn.

by a lot i think you mean 5 in 200 lol

i've played 72 pvp matches, from gold 1 to plat 1, and i can count the number of bladesworn appeared  with one hand. hehe

Edited by felix.2386
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, Daddy.8125 said:

not many actual warrior mains do though sadly, i find alot of Long term Warrior mains actually hate the specc thematically.

i think its more the people who jumped ship for the specc due to being awed by Gunblade stuff that are loving it, not a Negative thing ofcourse however you'd think they'd keep the Long term core audience of proffessions at heart when designing new things for it realistically.

Not thematically, the theme is cool gun samurai, the issue is the functionality, it doesn't do anything new that warrior doesn't already do and also even if you ignore that it is still really clunky to play. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

52 minutes ago, Vancho.8750 said:

Not thematically, the theme is cool gun samurai, the issue is the functionality, it doesn't do anything new that warrior doesn't already do and also even if you ignore that it is still really clunky to play. 

This.  Melee dps minus a weapon swap.  Lame.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I just don't understand why some people think the spec is good in competitive. Don't get me wrong; I really want BS to be good. But I just don't think it is.

A) I have like an 80% win rate vs BS. Definitely better vs BS than any other EoD class.

B) I rarely see BS in PvP. Not saying they're non existent, just much less common than, say, mechanist or harbinger. And even when I do see BS, it's not carrying the team.

C) BS had barely any representation in high level play in the last MAT (sound familiar, warrior mains?). In fact, I think Vaans was the only BS from the quarter finals onward if I remember correctly.  MATs arent everything, of course, but I think it is safe to say that BS isn't exactly defining the meta.

Are you guys having very different experiences? Maybe I'm the weird one here but I honestly just don't see BS being a step forward for warrior. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Daddy.8125 said:

you'd think they'd keep the Long term core audience of proffessions at heart when designing new things for it realistically.

With Warrior, it feels like they actually try to get people off the profession and onto their darling professions.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

it's funny how you can literally see basically 0 bladesworn stream on twitch, except that 1 or 2 guys who plays bladesworn 2 times for 30 mins in like 5 hours of total game play.

LOLOL, this is so funny.

it does feel like anet try to increase warrior skill cap with the skills functions, but the limitation you also implemented, made it an abomination kek.

when will you stop with this bullc?? when no one plays warrior at all?

Edited by felix.2386
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I love the design and concept so much that i returned to warrior as main, but is weird, my guild run Dragons End meta everyday, and im the only bladesworn. anyday i will take  screenshots.

I don't want be support, dancing ballerina or any crap like that, the spec is good, if they want make a support, rework any of the older specs(perhaps spellbreaker).

Edited by ugrakarma.9416
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

I love the design and concept so much that i returned to warrior as main, but is weird, my guild run Dragons End meta everyday, and im the only bladesworn. anyday i will take  screenshots.

lolololololol

I also love the design, it is specially fun to play in pve, a completely different playstyle from the standard warrior, I think as far as concepts go it was very well made and they did a very good job with bladesworn, I really appreciate it, and from what I see its found a good identity in pvp.

Rant: Since its what forums are for, to post your opinions, so this is mine.

Personally, I am just not enjoying playing warrior in general anymore, particularly in small scale wvw, which is what I primarily play, specially not since the 2020 patch. 

I have no idea why they won't rework warrior to have a general functionality and power level like all the other classes, I mean there is nothing warrior does exceptionally well that defines it anyway at this point, every other class is simply a better option. And as for limitations, I don't see other classes having such glaring limitations. Its not even an argument of design and identity anymore, warrior is just functionally inferior.

and every time they introduce something remotely usable, they gut it soon after, and leave more and more of an incoherent mess behind it, traits and skills that just won't cut it, and what used to work ok before, stops being viable. 

I honestly don't think they even have a vision for warrior, over the years they just make it bleed and put on bandages, and they do this on purpose.

Actually on a general note even the expansion though nice, mostly used recycled assets besides the maps, and with that many years of development to boot. It is very unlike HoT or PoF where there were so many new things introduced. EoD disappoints in comparison. 

That and balance and functionality issues going unaddressed year after year. I mean look at wvw, and to a lesser degree pvp.

They offered many promises yet haven't really delivered, I'm sure many of us have seen how it played out over the years, should really stop kidding ourselves, I'm at the point where "I'll believe it when I see it."

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

In a game where the original main design philosophy around damage mitigation and sustein was to avoid getting hit in the first place through observation and mobility, Bladesworn's main mechanics are a seriously bad joke, especially when it comes to any sort of competetive play.

I could fix Bladesworn right now with one simple change:

Let Flow build outside of combat and only deplete when actually used (let's face it, this is exactly how any other class that has a resource behaves).

With that, you really could have the "one cut"  samurai fantasy.

The Bladesworn could begin charging Dragon Trigger outside of combat, blip in to the fight with Flicker Step, then unleash a fully charged Dragon Trigger.

But as Flow can only be built up through active combat, we end up with this laughable situation where the profession's main mechanic forces the player to play completely contrary to the overall game's core design by standing still in the middle of a fight for an extended period in order to charge up Dragon Trigger.

But of course, that's me assuming that Flow and Dragon Trigger are Bladesworn's main mechanics, when in reality it's ammo recharging and shout-spamming.

Edited by Mungrul.9358
Capital, old chap!
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

If Warrior was perfectly balanced and didn't had gapping holes in its design,BS would be fine. 

BS is simply a "whatever, it look cool"  spec and not the "Let's try and fill some design holes" spec. 

Warrior NEEDS a support E spec. 

I complained about this for ages, when they should fix banner bundles they removed it. 

On 4/9/2022 at 4:25 PM, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

I just don't understand why some people think the spec is good in competitive. Don't get me wrong; I really want BS to be good. But I just don't think it is.

A) I have like an 80% win rate vs BS. Definitely better vs BS than any other EoD class.

B) I rarely see BS in PvP. Not saying they're non existent, just much less common than, say, mechanist or harbinger. And even when I do see BS, it's not carrying the team.

C) BS had barely any representation in high level play in the last MAT (sound familiar, warrior mains?). In fact, I think Vaans was the only BS from the quarter finals onward if I remember correctly.  MATs arent everything, of course, but I think it is safe to say that BS isn't exactly defining the meta.

Are you guys having very different experiences? Maybe I'm the weird one here but I honestly just don't see BS being a step forward for warrior. 

You don't see warrs on automated tournaments I can't even find a banner support or flat dps warriors for cms or normal fractals lately what you obseved is not limited to pvp wvw or high tier pvp.  If anet thinks there are lots of warriors created lately, they should check out how many of them were made in mondays to farm BL keys. 

People will go with whatever is easier for them to achieve things. That's normal? Also let's be honest, a firebrand is a double big mac with cheese and warrior is kids menu with happy meal toys in it. And that's why there are 3 guards 2 engis or necros in my groups. 

Edited by artharon.9276
  • Haha 1

On 4/10/2022 at 9:27 AM, Mungrul.9358 said:

I could fix Bladesworn right now with one simple change:

Let Flow build outside of combat and only deplete when actually used (let's face it, this is exactly how any other class that has a resource behaves).

Warrior also has the only mode in berserker that cant be cancelled. 

I dont want to be pessimistic but warrior spec mechanics sure could use some love. Give us a trait that lets us keep a certain treshold of adrenaline or something while out of combat.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1