Please add skirmish claim tickets to the jade sliver vendors

blp.3489

1 hour ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Honest question here, what open world currencies, and how, does a jade bot give access to in wvw? I don't get any OW specific currencies from my jade bot when I play wvw.

You can use "Recycler: Jade Slivers" to get Jade Slivers which can be exchanged for Geodes, Bandit Crests, Airship Parts, Bags of Aurillium, Bags of Ley-Line Crystals, Season 4 Currency Boxes (and by proxy volatile magic), Writs of Seitung Province / New Kaineng City / Echovald Wilds / Dragon's End (and by proxy Imperial Favors) as well as Tyrian Defense Seals but the last one is tecnically not OW.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Tails.9372 said:

You can use "Recycler: Jade Slivers" to get Jade Slivers which can be exchanged for Geodes, Bandit Crests, Airship Parts, Bags of Aurillium, Bags of Ley-Line Crystals, Season 4 Currency Boxes (and by proxy volatile magic), Writs of Seitung Province / New Kaineng City / Echovald Wilds / Dragon's End (and by proxy Imperial Favors) as well as Tyrian Defense Seals but the last one is tecnically not OW.

PvE mysteries, such as Jade Bots, are disabled in WvW. Gliders and mounts within WvW use the WvW rank system. It might be more fair to direct criticism towards the WvW reward track system.

9 minutes ago, Quench.7091 said:

PvE mysteries, such as Jade Bots, are disabled in WvW. Gliders and mounts within WvW use the WvW rank system. It might be more fair to direct criticism towards the WvW reward track system.

Actually jade bot scavenging works in WvW, although they disabled it for scavanging dead players for a bit it will be back for that on Tuesday.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

11 minutes ago, blp.3489 said:

Actually jade bot scavenging works in WvW, although they disabled it for scavanging dead players for a bit it will be back for that on Tuesday.

Really? That's strange. Guess I better abandon all other Jade Bot upgrades in that slot.

On 4/13/2022 at 9:18 PM, Sobx.1758 said:

trying to get every reward in the game while playing any minimal amount of content

You say this like it's some taboo. :classic_huh:This is pretty much the standard for trying to get desirable rewards in video games. Path of least resistance and all that. It's reliable enough behavior, too, that they can direct people to certain content to make it more popular just by making the reward gain good enough.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

8 hours ago, Tails.9372 said:

I am not really sure why a WvW player would want most of those, but interesting anyway. Many of those were implemented in WvW simultaneously with their OW introduction so it might be a stretch to call them specifically OW currencies.

Edited by Ashen.2907
  • Like 1

On 4/14/2022 at 7:40 AM, blp.3489 said:

In the initial tier of skirmish reward track chests you get 3 claim tickets per chest, in the final tier you get 14 with 20 in the last chest.  Playing the whole wooden tier gets you 17 claim tickets.  If you played through the wooden tier each week, one hour of playtime, it would take you 65 weeks to earn enough tickets (1095) for the the legendary war insight purchase, so well over a year to get a single piece of armor. It would take 9 years to get a full set of one weight.  Nine years of playing one hour every week.  In order to get the armor in this lifetime you need to play not just a lot of hours but a lot of hours each week, about 14 or so hours to be receiving the 20 tickets in the final chest.  For may people playing 14 hours per week of anything every week is a lot let alone playing a non-preferred game mode.

It the skirmish ticket reward track didn't reset back to wood every week when you haven't finished the track I actually would have no problem continuing to get the armor in wvw.

True , they should make it like a PvP season , so for 1-2 months it doesn't reset to Wooden , but instead you start on the start of the  Byzantium .

Or each chest , gives flat out 8 skirmish.

But don't worry too much . After the WvWvW reconstruction , they said that they look at the reward system . Hopefully it will be nice to entice more people : )

Edited by Ryuk.6840
  • Like 1

I think the resistance you're getting OP is because WvW players don't really want to do PvE stuff to earn our currency, even if it's optional. 

I get where you're coming from, but idk, jade slivers suck anyway, I'd rather just sell the junk items for gold.

I'd rather we get an option to trade GoB or Emblems for skirmish tickets.

And Anet said they're gonna buff rewards for WvW, so idk if jade bot conversion is really needed.

Edited by Veprovina.4876
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

And that also means the jade bot should give LIs as well then?

Well, they DID add LIs to EoD strikes. 😉

As for the original topic, while I agree that Jade Slivers should not REPLACE playing WvW as a means of acquiring Skirmish tickets, I think there is a fair argument to be made for letting them SUPPLEMENT one's acquisition of them. Perhaps putting in something like a weekly cap of 25-50 Skirmish tickets that can be purchased with slivers. That amount is inconsequential compared to what you'd get from finishing Diamond every week, but it could help out casual WvW'ers who only have a small amount of time to dedicate to the mode each week.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

3 hours ago, Zaxares.5419 said:

I think there is a fair argument to be made for letting them SUPPLEMENT one's acquisition of them.

And I think it's a fair - and far more reasonable - argument to be made for just playing WvW, if one wants WvW rewards.

Skirmish Claim Tickets belong exclusively in WvW and ought to stay exclusively there.

While I see no issue with making them more available, that should happen exclusively within WvW and obviously not involve currencies that can be earned in other game modes, like Jade Slivers.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

I am not really sure why a WvW player would want most of those, but interesting anyway.

Most of them are required for legendary crafting, the rest can be turned into gold. If the WvW player doesn't care about either then sure but the same can be said about pretty much anything.

7 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Many of those were implemented in WvW simultaneously with their OW introduction so it might be a stretch to call them specifically OW currencies.

Not really as they are the main reward for the OW map in question and are designed to match the maps thematically with the last four even being named after the map in question (Writs of [insert map name here]).

But you are right that competitive always had special access to a lot of the OW stuff (not just all of the main currencies but many of the skins as well).

• Confused 3

I have no problem whatsoever with the way that wvw reward tracks give access to OW rewards but isn't it a little weird that many wvw players so jealously guard the requirement to get wvw currencies by playing wvw, while at the same time we can earn dungeon items and currency using dungeon reward tracks instead of doing dungeons, festival items and currencies by doing festival reward tracks, almost every OW map currency can be earned by doing the matching reward track instead of playing on the map?  It seems rather asymmetric to me. 

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 4

7 minutes ago, blp.3489 said:

It seems rather asymmetric to me. 

Given how asymmetric the player participation in each mode is, it makes sense for the much less played modes to have more incentives poured into them.

That aside, Skirmishing Claim Tickets are primarily used for WvW Legendaries. As far as I am aware, the closest PvE equivalents, raid-exclusive currencies, are not available via reward tracks.

• Like 3

While I would like to see more skirmish tickets to make them not the number one bottleneck of WvW legendary armour for me, I think the Jade Sliver vendor is the wrong spot to look at.
Normalize tickets across all reward chests to stop the end-loaded distribution and keeping the total number intact (I did the math a few month ago, it would be kind of the "Gold chests" each time you get one) and add a vendor for those "dead reward tokens" we already get/have (Badges, Emblems) with a weekly purchase.
Even I would feel bad when a "Necro-Minion-AFK-bot" could get more skirmish tickets than I do when roaming around WvW via the scavenger module.

2 hours ago, Tails.9372 said:

Most of them are required for legendary crafting, the rest can be turned into gold. If the WvW player doesn't care about either then sure but the same can be said about pretty much anything.

Not really as they are the main reward for the OW map in question and are designed to match the maps thematically with the last four even being named after the map in question (Writs of [insert map name here]).

But you are right that competitive always had special access to a lot of the OW stuff (not just all of the main currencies but many of the skins as well).

If they are simultaneously introduced for two play modes then they are not uniquely part of just one. Otherwise reasonable points. I still remember when WvW's primary (at that time) unique currency was added to all other game modes (with special emphasis on PvE) so there is a precedent.

Edited by Ashen.2907

If they were to "sell" Tickets, it needs to be tied to WvW, so the only accpetable way is to allow us to trade all those Emblems for tickets, can have a weekly limit as well, no problem, but at least it's an extra way to get tickets, and it's 100% tied to WvW.

This is something that part of the community has been asking for quite a long time actually, this and making capturing objectives also give tickets, or pips.

In my opinion, i don't think WvW rewards are bad per see, it's just the way they are distributed that's terrible.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Ryuk.6840 said:

But don't worry too much . After the WvWvW reconstruction , they said that they look at the reward system . Hopefully it will be nice to entice more people : )

Hopefully. But I don't think that will make OP not worry, since his goal is the opposite of what you said here -he doesn't care about enticing more people to play wvw (including himself), he wants to skip it and still rip the rewards 😉

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

I should say that I am convinced at this point that the Jade Sliver idea is flawed.  I still believe that people who may enjoy some wvw but don't want to grind a lot of hours of wvw weekly should have a path where if they can do an equivalent amount of grinding but doing something else.   Finding a better way to distribute skirmish tickets within wvw would be my first priority, I don't think the game should be especially rewarding playing a certain number of hours a week, by giving more and more rewards the longer you play in a given week but then cutting those rewards to zero after a certain amount of time.  Finding a way to allow people to combine efforts in wvw with efforts outside of wvw would be a good thing in my opinion.  When it comes to grinding I think you should have a choice of what type of grind, whether it's kill Y veteran NPCs in WvW or kill X veteran creatures in OW or Z champions in OW or whatever, that's just good for everyone in my opinion.

• Confused 6

13 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Hopefully. But I don't think that will make OP not worry, since his goal is the opposite of what you said here -he doesn't care about enticing more people to play wvw (including himself), he wants to skip it and still rip the rewards 😉

Actually I have enjoyed WvW in the past and will continue to play it in the future.  I am happy earning all the components of WvW legendary armor the way they are now except I don't like skirmish ticket distribution, the way it is tied to the number of hours you play in a given week rather than the total hours you play had an adverse effect on my enjoyment of WvW.  Maybe they can add a skirmish ticket reward track so that you can still earn the tickets playing WvW but on your own schedule?

I also believe that people playing non-instanced PVE should be able to earn legendary armor by doing an equivalent amount of grinding in the type of content they prefer.  I don't think WvW legendary armor is really intrinsically specific to WvW, it is just currently can only be earned in WvW.

• Confused 4

Anyone who played WvW for more than 15 minutes would know this is a laughable idea. Jade slivers are meant to be a replacement for junk items.

If you have complaints about the "work" to get skirmish tickets maybe you should suggest a higher rate of skirmish ticket gain per time interval. It is unlikely the weekly cap is to be reduced however, and even an emblem to skirmish ticket conversion is unlikely due to play-style differences.

I'm surprised even after all the counterpoints presented you are still trying to push this nonsensical idea.

P.S. Lol at "kill X  number of NPCs" idea.

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, blp.3489 said:

Actually I have enjoyed WvW in the past and will continue to play it in the future.

That's great, so you don't need to keep roaming the forums looking for "easier/better/more accessible rewards" and instead you can continue playing wvw -among other things- that you apparently know you'll keep playing in the future and in time you'll get the rewards you want.

If you have a problem with reward/skirmish ticket distribution within wvw, then maybe you should target that instead of clearly trying to pull specific wvw rewards outside of wvw 😉

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

That's great, so you don't need to keep roaming the forums looking for "easier/better/more accessible rewards" and instead you can continue playing wvw -among other things- that you apparently know you'll keep playing in the future and in time you'll get the rewards you want.

Yes , lets help other people also , that love their specific modes !

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Confused 2

On 4/13/2022 at 9:58 PM, blp.3489 said:

in my opinion you shouldn't have to spend a minimum numbers of hours per week for months playing a particular game mode to "earn" a QOL item

The "QOL" items you're referring to are the most expensive and highest sought after items by the GW2 community at large (wheel of fortune infusions notwithstanding).

If you aren't willing to spend months grinding for literally the best-in-slot forever items in the entire game on an MMO, then you prolly shouldn't be going for them at all. Plenty of casual PvE players don't earn a single legendary for literal years, I think it's perfectly fair for dedicated players to earn them in months.

Regardless of the rest of your points, this kinda just sounds like crying for a handout.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1