Group Quickness for Warrior confirmed. [Merged]

DanAlcedo.3281

18 hours ago, Jzaku.9765 said:

This is ALL TIME play time statistics, all the way back to launch across all 9 years of this game's life. 

Current statistics are very different. 

it only take a little game time to realize theres more rev then warrior even tho rev is a paid class.

but glad theres actual statistic.

Edited by Lighter.5631
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

That's because they want necros to play a bigger boon strip role. Cause you know one of the 2 favorite children.

At this point, I wouldn't even be surprised Necromancer's next elite specialization will be a green Spellbreaker that works better than our brass-coloured Spellbreaker in all possible ways, including a rework to bring Necromancer's daggers out of 2012 and into 2024 (or whenever the expansion releases).

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

At this point, I wouldn't even be surprised Necromancer's next elite specialization will be a green Spellbreaker that works better than our brass-coloured Spellbreaker in all possible ways, including a rework to bring Necromancer's daggers out of 2012 and into 2024 (or whenever the expansion releases).

Next E spec: Vampire. 

Gets Aoe Venoms that (when traited) not only steal boons but convert them into condies. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

54 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Next E spec: Vampire. 

Gets Aoe Venoms that (when traited) not only steal boons but convert them into condies. 

Harbge, or scorgbinger... you frankenstein yourself with yourself that died some time ago on scourge and get... the mobile tanky aoe boon corrupt. What is different to war you ask, aside from corrupt vs removal? Duh, the necro spec is gonna be good for more than a month...

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

That's because they want necros to play a bigger boon strip role. Cause you know one of the 2 favorite children.

True that, they basically want you playing one of those classes for sure. Its like a different game when you do. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 4/17/2022 at 12:41 PM, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Probably be:

Strength: might 

Discipline: fury 

Tactics: Regen 

Defense: protection, resistance, or resolution

Battle standard: unchanged

Trait gives quickness and maybe one other boon, MAYBE

Second this with slight modification

Strength: Might

Discipline: Fury

Tactics: Regen and Vigor

Defense: Protection

Courage (new banner): Resistance

Vigilance (new banner): Resolution

The above can be mounted on your back.  Only one banner can be mounted on your back (unless traited).  

Battle Standard: unchanged

Grandmaster Trait: Double Standards: Doubles affected allies from 5-10.  Allows you to equip two banners on your back at the same time.  Doubles effective radius.  Gives Quickness to all banners.

Move Heightened Focus to Master Tier.

Edited by RiyazGuerra.9203
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, RiyazGuerra.9203 said:

Grandmaster Trait: Double Standards

Move Heightened Focus to Master Tier.

Axe Mastery and the Banner trait need to be available at the same time.

Warrior already deals subpar damage. We need to not have the damage be even worse on support roles.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Axe Mastery and the Banner trait need to be available at the same time.

Warrior already deals subpar damage. We need to not have the damage be even worse on support roles.

Fueki if Quickness is added in the proposed Double Standards Grandmaster Trait wouldn't the Quickness uptime be conceivably more than that which you get from the current Heightened Focus???

Besides, I moved it to the Master Trait, so you conceivably still get it at a lower tier.

55 minutes ago, RiyazGuerra.9203 said:

Fueki if Quickness is added in the proposed Double Standards Grandmaster Trait wouldn't the Quickness uptime be conceivably more than that which you get from the current Heightened Focus???

Besides, I moved it to the Master Trait, so you conceivably still get it at a lower tier.

The issues is, your idea makes Axe Mastery and Double Standards mutually exclusive, as both would be Grandmaster traits in Discipline. That should not happen.

Edited by Fueki.4753

Just to back up a bit, what is the board consensus?

Do we agree that banners should be mounted on the warrior's back or the planting of banners with no cooldown is preferred?

Also if the mounting of banners on the warrior's back is preferred, should there be a limit to the number of banners that can be back-mounted?  

10 minutes ago, RiyazGuerra.9203 said:

Just to back up a bit, what is the board consensus?

Do we agree that banners should be mounted on the warrior's back or the planting of banners with no cooldown is preferred?

Also if the mounting of banners on the warrior's back is preferred, should there be a limit to the number of banners that can be back-mounted?  

No more than our strength score multiplied by 15. So the question is how much does a banner weigh?

• Haha 1

Stack them all on us. Lowkey, give an AoE Superspeed burst on Banner mount with quickness and boons, use flipover skill for burst of boons 😈

I just want them mobile and then I'll say how kitten they are despite being mobile.

Also, remove heightened 2012 focus. Out with that kitten. Give us proper support master tier or GM tier trait in discipline. Ideally give us a support adept in the place of vengeance, who even use vengeance??????????????????????????

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Stack them all on us. Lowkey, give an AoE Superspeed burst on Banner mount with quickness and boons, use flipover skill for burst of boons 😈

I just want them mobile and then I'll say how kitten they are despite being mobile.

Also, remove heightened 2012 focus. Out with that kitten. Give us proper support master tier or GM tier trait in discipline. Ideally give us a support adept in the place of vengeance, who even use vengeance??????????????????????????

Ooo flipover for burst of boon, if the cooldowns are not so prohibitive that might be better than passive pulses.

Agreed about Heightened Focus, with quickness on banners that is looking like an obsolete GM Major.

Edited by RiyazGuerra.9203

11 minutes ago, RiyazGuerra.9203 said:

Ooo flipover for burst of boon, if the cooldowns are not so prohibitive that might be better than passive pulses.

Agreed about Heightened Focus, with quickness on boons that is looking like an obsolete GM Major.

Ok I won't start the discussion all over again, cause i repeat myself, just enjoying the theorycrafting.

Banners mount on warrior's back (and ideally maintain stat increases somewhat, not raw 100 points, something more like Cata's empowerement of +5 to all stats stacking with hw long you have the banner on pulse mode) with the trait giving pulsing quickness say every 10 sec interval when summoning the banner. Banners have a flipover which grants some burst of boons thematic to the banner. 

Shouts are improved and gain a boon each to promote some role outside of raw healing. Only 1 shout is actually a meaningful heal support shout and that's Shake it Off with it's cleanse ability. 

Buff Phalanx Strength to 6 or even 7 seconds baseline.

Then you shuffle things around a bit.

Reduce Marching Orders CD to 5 sec for all associated traits.

Tactics

Adept Tier remains as is, Soldier's focus is buffed by 50%

Master tier has Empower for a stat increase, a middle trait that grants AoE barrier when sharing Might, Fury (low value to keep from getting OP and to somewhat apply the idea of mending might to allies) and an upper trait that grants allies with and yourself with an inc dmg decrease on rezz like 10% and improved rezz power (which also accounts for the Battle standard).

GM tier has new Double Standards quikness trait, Phalanx strength and Martial Cadence now cleanses a condition from allies when activating Marching Orders.

Discipline

Adept tier remains the same, vengeanful return becomes a trait which heals on weapon swap (nothing too crazy, nice small cover heal).

Master tier gains shrug it off which now heals and stunbreaks allies, it doesn't cleanse, in place of current double standards. 

GM tier gains current Vigorous shouts in place of heightened focus.

Something like that, thanks for coming to my tedtalk.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Considering war will get quickness, can war heal a 5 player party in pve?

I read there was a heal build for spvp, but healing in competitive is way different to healing in pve. When I compare to guard, there is just not enough healing on weapons, war has only warhorn. Or there are traits (aside from shouts) that help with healing? Or the  shout CDs in pve are low enough?

I.e. aside from missing stab (ha ha, and reflects too and resistance AND some cleanses), will I be able to play my war instead of my guard to heal a fractal? If I were a masochist, which considering I still play war in competitive might be the case.

Edited by Hotride.2187

1 minute ago, Mesket.5728 said:

My guess is that quickness will only be aplied for the first few seconds of a banner deploy. Then you'll need to wait on cooldowns or plant a new banner. Probaly rotating 2 or 3 slotted banners to provide perma quickness.

for peak non-bannerslave gameplay, as per anet words!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Hotride.2187 said:

Considering war will get quickness, can war heal a 5 player party in pve?

I read there was a heal build for spvp, but healing in competitive is way different to healing in pve. When I compare to guard, there is just not enough healing on weapons, war has only warhorn. Or there are traits (aside from shouts) that help with healing? Or the  shout CDs in pve are low enough?

I.e. aside from missing stab (ha ha, and reflects too and resistance AND some cleanses), will I be able to play my war instead of my guard to heal a fractal? If I were a masochist, which considering I still play war in competitive might be the case.

Even with a full bar of Shouts, Shout Heal Warrior is nowhere close to being viable for PVE healing. Don't forget that your Shouts are also directly competing for utility slots with your Banners (which are what is giving quickness). Not to mention as you have already assessed, you're directly competing with Healbrand, which will be a massacre. 

1 hour ago, Jzaku.9765 said:

Even with a full bar of Shouts, Shout Heal Warrior is nowhere close to being viable for PVE healing. Don't forget that your Shouts are also directly competing for utility slots with your Banners (which are what is giving quickness). Not to mention as you have already assessed, you're directly competing with Healbrand, which will be a massacre. 

Awesome! So I thought tbh...

2 hours ago, Hotride.2187 said:

Awesome! So I thought tbh...

In addition to the competing with banners, you also spam some of them on CD anyway. 

You spam FGJ for might and fury and not really for healing.

SiO is your cleanse and stunbreak, you dont want to waste that to heal for a few thousand.

That leaves you with your heal shout and the shout from your third utility (if taken). Thats like nothing. Its a bad healer in PvE and I really dont know how people can say its good.

Additional healing? Soldiers comfort on a 10sec ICD, which cuts down the value of your warhorn because its also in the adept tier traitline. Has no real value anyway.

Warhorn has some barrier, for mainhand you got nothing as support (except might spam on axe combined with PS, then you dont have healing anymore though).

I wouldnt recommend to play it to anyone. Its not fun and not interactive (no cast time or anything).

Edited by anbujackson.9564

• 4 weeks later...