Group Quickness for Warrior confirmed. [Merged]

DanAlcedo.3281

43 minutes ago, Axl.8924 said:

I saw this psot on mes today on the forums a tweet i can only imagine this is recent?

it was about the summer patch so maybe hopefully some overhauls can be made to make banner warr easier in support runs.

The reddit post is from a month ago. Anet is all but saying that they are removing the unique effects of Banners and Spirits to replace them with other buffs (boons) with quickness and alacrity respectively via the traits.

If that is all that they do that will effectively kill both skills types in PvE and both will remain dead in competitive. If the spirits followed the ranger like they used to and banners mount to the warrior's back then they could become viable in competitive based on how the rework is down for the new effects while in PvE they'll have to really overload them to compete with Firebrand and other supports.

I don't know if its a good idea to get rid of the other stuff. If its true that the changes with quickness and other stuff dumbed down or nerfed kills entire builds and such i'm concerned.

Perhaps they can  overhaul other aspects stat buffs is just too good to lose for sure since increasing stats condi dmg bonus power dmg bonus etc possibly even buff to concentration being amazing. What can be done to help this guys?

4 hours ago, Axl.8924 said:

I don't know if its a good idea to get rid of the other stuff. If its true that the changes with quickness and other stuff dumbed down or nerfed kills entire builds and such i'm concerned.

Perhaps they can  overhaul other aspects stat buffs is just too good to lose for sure since increasing stats condi dmg bonus power dmg bonus etc possibly even buff to concentration being amazing. What can be done to help this guys?

Adjusting the gear of power specs.

I cant see those stats staying if you get boons like quickness. It would just overload the banners.

Well its not like you will start playing war just because of quickness. If you need to invest in a lot of boon duration, then you may as well stop since you cant keep up. You dont really have room for many gear changes either because your ways of getting extra precision/crit chance arent really existent. Meaning if you need a lot of diviners for a power build, then you wont crit cap ever (probably). So your dps will be just sad. I dont even know how people can say now that warrior will be taken for power bosses if they dont even know how much they have to invest. Condi is already a non factor since the competition just crushes you harder than on power.

If there are no additional buffs (yes buffs in form of extra crit chance at the very least), playing power warrior will feel very sad. And since at least 80-90% of the BS in PvE are power warriors, those will probably switch classes. Thats just my personal hunch.

Edited by anbujackson.9564
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, anbujackson.9564 said:

Adjusting the gear of power specs.

I cant see those stats staying if you get boons like quickness. It would just overload the banners.

Well its not like you will start playing war just because of quickness. If you need to invest in a lot of boon duration, then you may as well stop since you cant keep up. You dont really have room for many gear changes either because your ways of getting extra precision/crit chance arent really existent. Meaning if you need a lot of diviners for a power build, then you wont crit cap ever (probably). So your dps will be just sad. I dont even know how people can say now that warrior will be taken for power bosses if they dont even know how much they have to invest. Condi is already a non factor since the competition just crushes you harder than on power.

If there are no additional buffs (yes buffs in form of extra crit chance at the very least), playing power warrior will feel very sad. And since at least 80-90% of the BS in PvE are power warriors, those will probably switch classes. Thats just my personal hunch.

That's what I keep telling my raid group. I keep telling them that it already struggles to crit cap already when compared to other professions, and we even get extra stats from double standards trait.

31 minutes ago, Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

That's what I keep telling my raid group. I keep telling them that it already struggles to crit cap already when compared to other professions, and we even get extra stats from double standards trait.

I mean lets think about it:

If you are an eagle rune enjoyer (like me), the first thing to change would be to go thief rune. Thief rune users need to take accuracy sigill (which you take already with eagle rune). This compensates your banner effects I guess.

If you lack spotter, which you do almost always lately in my experience, the easiest would be the change of bufffood. 

Now you have your signet of fury left which would block an utility skill to get a concentration sigill instead of accuracy.

Any changes to diviner gear, since you cant change your rune (to say something like firebrand rune) EVER, will have to be compensated by changing even more berserker pieces to assassins since diviners lacks precision. Or you drop your force sigill for accuracy. Thats would equal a loss of 147 precision, which would be something like full armor and one one handed weapon diviners. This in turn gives you something like 32% boon duration. I am not even considering the loss of power of ferocity here.

Then we would need to think about how many banners I would actually have to take. 1,2,3? 3 and you cant take signet of fury. You probably want something like 2 and FGJ, since that is your best leftover support utility.

The more I think about it the more I wonder how you are supposed to give quickness through banners. Pulsing effect and it gets stronger with more banners? Quickness on placement (lmao)? Active skill usages (eh...)?

If they do a quick and dirty job you might end up with some next to 0 boon duration build and you probably wont even get any other buffs/QoL. That would really suck.

Edit: Forgot to mention the need of changing traitlines (lets say tactics). Good luck compensating that.

1 minute ago, Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

It seems then what warriors need same what necros have the crit bonus then? 

4 minutes ago, Axl.8924 said:

It seems then what warriors need same what necros have the crit bonus then? 

No class has such big problems to crit cap. You dont really care about it as reaper since you are always crit cap in shroud, which is where most of your damage comes from (i think).

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, anbujackson.9564 said:

No class has such big problems to crit cap. You dont really care about it as reaper since you are always crit cap in shroud, which is where most of your damage comes from (i think).

Thats why i suggested if its such a big deal then something is needed to help warriors out somehow  maybe buffing that trait of crit chance to make it better.

7 minutes ago, Axl.8924 said:

Thats why i suggested if its such a big deal then something is needed to help warriors out somehow  maybe buffing that trait of crit chance to make it better.

The mentioned trait by lighter is in the arms traitline. Thats the last thing you want to switch to. So buffs to arms would need to include more than just that. It would be like running the curses traitline on power reaper.

An option to change would be destruction of the empowered in discipline. This trait is worthless.

• Like 1

On 4/16/2022 at 7:17 PM, Obtena.7952 said:

I wouldn't be so certain the stats are removed entirely ... there needs to be SOMETHING that makes the banners unique. 

The unique aspect comes from them being clunky and all together awful compared to other methods of support. 

• Haha 1

well an allready buff to warrs damage (in pvp and pve) would be somehow good and fair after it lost its bonus stats in pve (by double standart) and its cc damage in pvp. If they do not bring something like this then well Rip warrior for ever in everygamemode ^^

So...banners...The ONE thing that warriors in competitive modes do not use, and yet it is the ONE thing that gets reworked!

(...sigh...)

Anyway...ok pve warriors then. So banners are used in pve raids not for boons, but for the unique group buffs that they give. That is the entire point of warrior in raids, along with its derogatory term("banner slave"). Warrior is not a boon profession that justifies a quickness rework, much less a rework for the raid communities, which are picky about efficiency. Unfortunately, this rework is not going to do jack to address warrior problems. If quickness rework is replacing the unique banner buffs, then it's goodbye warrior in pve group content. Warrior will just be excluded. There are plenty of boon specs out there and warrior is not a boon profession by any means.

This is just bending over backwards for the 1% of pve raiders that do not care.

• Like 2

watch, warrior only get banner reworked, and by rework, not like thief trap to preperation with new animation, instead same old animations just different effect.

and rest of warrior get untouched because they think it's "fine"

i called it here first😂

Edited by Lighter.5631
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

56 minutes ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

So...banners...The ONE thing that warriors in competitive modes do not use, and yet it is the ONE thing that gets reworked!

(...sigh...)

Anyway...ok pve warriors then. So banners are used in pve raids not for boons, but for the unique group buffs that they give. That is the entire point of warrior in raids, along with its derogatory term("banner slave"). Warrior is not a boon profession that justifies a quickness rework, much less a rework for the raid communities, which are picky about efficiency. Unfortunately, this rework is not going to do jack to address warrior problems. If quickness rework is replacing the unique banner buffs, then it's goodbye warrior in pve group content. Warrior will just be excluded. There are plenty of boon specs out there and warrior is not a boon profession by any means.

This is just bending over backwards for the 1% of pve raiders that do not care.

Well, if the trait makes it super quickness for warrior only, then it may work.

7 hours ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

Warrior will just be excluded.

Given their treatment towards Warrior since HoT, trying to exclude Warrior from content has a very high probability to be their goal.

Their is no other proper explanation for their sloppy and downright detrimental handling of Warrior.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Given their treatment towards Warrior since HoT, trying to exclude Warrior from content has a very high probability to be their goal.

Their is no other proper explanation for their sloppy and downright detrimental handling of Warrior.

Yeah it's basically:

Make a warrior to level up in core tyria and smash some mobs, play story till HoT episodes, then convert into a crafting character for gear and legendaries and whatnot and use inventory as a mule character. Park near crafting stations in cities for maximum effect.

10 minutes ago, Odin.6487 said:

They need to just remove banners and give the specs a dps buff. If i wanted to play support id go play a support spec.... not a dps spec that only functions as a support spec.

Well, no ... let's recall why they are doing this:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en-gb/news/guild-wars-2-end-of-dragons-strike-missions-balance-and-rewards/

If you don't want to play warrior with it's support elements, you don't have to and that doesn't require Anet to remove banners OR give warrior specs a DPS buff.  Personally, I'm looking forward to this change because it will open up some options for the quickness A/A berserker banner build. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Well, no ... let's recall why they are doing this:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en-gb/news/guild-wars-2-end-of-dragons-strike-missions-balance-and-rewards/

If you don't want to play warrior with it's support elements, you don't have to and that doesn't require Anet to remove banners OR give warrior specs a DPS buff.  Personally, I'm looking forward to this change because it will open up some options for the quickness A/A berserker banner build. 

this change doesn't remove the banner slave dilemma. it just doubles down on it. 

Banners should be part of an overall support identity, not the main identity of the support role. 

just my 2 cents though. 

• Thanks 1