Medkit scrapper might be one of the worst builds since... EARLY POF SCOURGE

jul.7602

Hot take, this build is complete bull and is doing far too much to empower the boonblob. Remember when ANET said gw2 would haven't the holy trinity? They'd be rolling in their graves to see that ANET has not only brought back the trinity, but they made it even worse by consolidating the tank and healer roles into one. I think for the greater good of the game, we need to smiter's boon medkit scrapper.

1. Stealth gyro only provides stealth to caster, and no longer to surrounding allies.
  2. Medkit #1 healing coeffecient changed from 0.1 to 0.03. Medkit base heal reduced from 70 to 25.
  3. Purge gyro now removes cool down increase from 20 seconds to 48 seconds. Conditions removed changed from 5 to 3. Duration changed from 5 to 3 seconds.
  4. Fumigate now only removes 2 conditions instead of 5.
  5. Medical dispersion field changed from 15% to 10%
  6. Purity of Purpose no longer works on allies. Only conditions removed on the scrapper will be converted into boons. ICD changed from 3 to 2 seconds.
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 15
  • Sad 1

well in my opinion any class schold not have condi as 1 aa spam, that way you wuld no need that much condi cleanse in first pleace

also other conditions that covering dmg conditions are problematic as well

if you nerf Fumigate you will can only remove chill/weakness/slow while dmg conditions will stay untouched

Remeber also med kit 1,2 and Fumigate not effecting Scrapper only his allys, he need be healed by other healer becouse of that

Edited by Noah Salazar.5430
  • Like 3

Also completely ignoring defense field on low cd that is an absolutely massive part of making boonblobs have easy perma stability and immunity to projectiles. The actual condi cleanse is trivial in comparison to a situation where most the players in a cloud are simply unable to touch the enemy in the first place.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

8 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

I'm just curious about why people come up with those kinds of numbers when they could just say "delete this build"

They need to act like they gave it some thought and it isn’t just a salty rant.

7 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Also completely ignoring defense field on low cd that is an absolutely massive part of making boonblobs have easy perma stability and immunity to projectiles. The actual condi cleanse is trivial in comparison to a situation where most the players in a cloud are simply unable to touch the enemy in the first place.

Cause Guardian and Revenant don’t have any projectile defense…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

They don't just want to nerf scrapper, they want to nerf medkit and elixir gun as well which will make -all- engineer support builds far less viable. It's ridiculous that because a spec has an ok niche in one aspect of one game mode, some people feel the spec should be made completely unviable in the last game mode it's viable in and the class in general should be nerfed at the same time.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

On 4/18/2022 at 3:15 AM, jul.7602 said:

Hot take, this build is complete bull and is doing far too much to empower the boonblob. Remember when ANET said gw2 would haven't the holy trinity? They'd be rolling in their graves to see that ANET has not only brought back the trinity, but they made it even worse by consolidating the tank and healer roles into one. I think for the greater good of the game, we need to smiter's boon medkit scrapper.

1. Stealth gyro only provides stealth to caster, and no longer to surrounding allies.
  2. Medkit #1 healing coeffecient changed from 0.1 to 0.03. Medkit base heal reduced from 70 to 25.
  3. Purge gyro now removes cool down increase from 20 seconds to 48 seconds. Conditions removed changed from 5 to 3. Duration changed from 5 to 3 seconds.
  6. Purity of Purpose no longer works on allies. Only conditions removed on the scrapper will be converted into boons. ICD changed from 3 to 2 seconds.

even if you delete engineer, it will change nothing

We will just stack more guards, tempests, warriors, necros and revs. Because condis spam suck and cc spam suck. 

Just try to run in a public instead of clouding solo in SN, Then you will get your kills. 

Its not uncommon to have a group with guard, scrapper, tempest and warrior. Thats 3-4 supports.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Sure, nerf the single build that's still viable in a single gamemode, and all engi support builds by extension. Delete scrapper off the game while you're at it. Rest in overnerfed pieces, it's been a fun run.

On 4/21/2022 at 4:55 AM, Rosiep.9128 said:

They don't just want to nerf scrapper, they want to nerf medkit and elixir gun as well which will make -all- engineer support builds far less viable. It's ridiculous that because a spec has an ok niche in one aspect of one game mode, some people feel the spec should be made completely unviable in the last game mode it's viable in and the class in general should be nerfed at the same time.

^ This.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am sure you can do better :

1. Stealth gyro kill caster.
  2. Medkit #1 deal damages to allies.
  3. Purge gyro now apply random conditions to ally.
  4. Fumigate now only removes 1 conditions instead of 5.
  5. Medical dispersion field changed from 15% to 0.1%
  6. Purity of Purpose no longer works. ICD changed from 3 to 3600 seconds.

And I add :

7. When anyone do anything in this game,  reboot PC.

Now we have a very fun game.

Edited by NineLives.8725
  • Haha 7

On 4/17/2022 at 7:15 PM, jul.7602 said:

Stealth gyro only provides stealth to caster, and no longer to surrounding allies.

You do not wvw much do you? 

(1) There is almost always a non stealthed opponent(s) running with a stealthed group.

(2) There is always 1 or more minis being used which do not go into stealth mode. Even private tags have tag a longs that run those horrible little things.

(3) There should always be an enemy targeted so when that target disappears you know they stealthed or way pointed but react only as if they stealthed to play it safe.

(4) If you see a large group one moment and suddenly many of them disappear, there is a massive possibility they stealthed and are running towards you.

(5) Blobs usually stick together and ignore solo roamers on the outskirts. Have some planted to throw reveal traps when enemies stealth. 

There are different options in WvW that let's you know stealthed enemies are on the move. Use them instead of calling for a nerf.

I spend over 90% of my time roaming. Even if I run with a tag I almost never join any party. Even when I play a heal scrapper. I prefer solo. Part of your issue is you are reliant on others because you choose to be. Rely on yourself and you will notice that you will very rarely if at all become victim to stealthed blobs. 

If they still get you then that is a you issue not a nerf needed issue. 

Edited by Jitters.9401
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 4/17/2022 at 7:15 PM, jul.7602 said:

Medkit #1 healing coeffecient changed from 0.1 to 0.03. Medkit base heal reduced from 70 to 25.

It is a weak heal already. Range is small and directional while the heal numbers are low. It is more suited for topping up people's health than saving a life.  

• Like 3

On 4/17/2022 at 5:15 PM, jul.7602 said:

I understand you've lived a life learning from Anet's balance changes, sort of like a case of learned abuse, so I forgive you, but no, the med kit is not the problem. I understand the temptation to nerf the core to balance the specs is strong, it's all they do. It's just not wise though. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Second hot take, Burning and Poison in PvP should be reverted to its original design, and only be able to cap at 1 stack. To offset it, durations should see a major increase. This would ensure that you're not getting bursted down by 15 stacks of burn, and unable to deal with poison doing major damage as well as its added effect of reducing healing input by 33%, which was why this condition was capped at 1 stack to begin with (burning being capped at 1 stack because it's the heaviest hitting condition per stack). As a result, this would also lessen the need to take an entire bar of condition clear skills, allowing players to focus more on taking utilities that suit their role and leave the support things to the supports.

• Like 3