signet of inspiration without blurred inscriptions trait is a useless skill

Requiem.9648

Was looking how about SOI kind of completely useless skill without trait line. It feel like imagine having a ranger how spirit give only buff to himself or warrior banner give only buff to himself cause i know there is upcoming change for them. My point on this why creating a skill how only rely on a trait line. Anet should definitively revisit SOI skill on mesmer. Now that almost all spec can give almost all boon SOI should be back to way it was working initialy. Specialy now that chrono lacking alacrity in a very dynamic fight via well of recall or tide of time cannot be rely on SOI extantion unless you are using the trait line.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Well I’m not pleased that they deliberately gave the Harbinger our old boon share active from SoI but is it really a surprise since a lot of our stuff has been given to other professions?

But anyways, if they wanted to make the signet a tad more unique, they could have its passive also give nearby allies a random boon and then perhaps for its active; remove the useless boon extension and just give nearby allies 3 random boons for X amount of seconds 🤷‍♂️. Or flip the two and have it so the passive just naturally increases incoming and outgoing boons for you and allies and then the active can just randomly give 3 boons to nearby allies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

48 minutes ago, Tseison.4659 said:

Well I’m not pleased that they deliberately gave the Harbinger our old boon share active from SoI but is it really a surprise since a lot of our stuff has been given to other professions?

But anyways, if they wanted to make the signet a tad more unique, they could have its passive also give nearby allies a random boon and then perhaps for its active; remove the useless boon extension and just give nearby allies 3 random boons for X amount of seconds 🤷‍♂️. Or flip the two and have it so the passive just naturally increases incoming and outgoing boons for you and allies and then the active can just randomly give 3 boons to nearby allies.

Not only they give our stuff to other professions they give better versions too.  

How people used to say... "mesmer is ANet's favourite child." 

Edited by Lincolnbeard.1735
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 4/18/2022 at 1:47 PM, Requiem.9648 said:

Was looking how about SOI kind of completely useless skill without trait line. It feel like imagine having a ranger how spirit give only buff to himself or warrior banner give only buff to himself cause i know there is upcoming change for them. My point on this why creating a skill how only rely on a trait line. Anet should definitively revisit SOI skill on mesmer. Now that almost all spec can give almost all boon SOI should be back to way it was working initialy. Specialy now that chrono lacking alacrity in a very dynamic fight via well of recall or tide of time cannot be rely on SOI extantion unless you are using the trait line.

You would slot it for the swiftness then spam it in group content to extend your boon duration. It's fine the way it is, there are even a few combo's based on a food items. 

Lol the reactions, Mesmer doesn't have that much access to swiftness outside of focus. I mean all I did was point out a valid use for it, before traiting for signets was useless for 5 man groups. 

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 11

On 4/20/2022 at 12:32 AM, Mell.4873 said:

You would slot it for the swiftness then spam it in group content to extend your boon duration. It's fine the way it is, there are even a few combo's based on a food items. 

Lol the reactions, Mesmer doesn't have that much access to swiftness outside of focus. I mean all I did was point out a valid use for it, before traiting for signets was useless for 5 man groups. 

The reactions are due to you becoming a living meme in mesmer section. Every time and I really mean every single time someone makes a very valid complaint about Mesmer, you appear as the contrarian. It's almost a bot-like behavior at this point. 

Signet if Inspiration needs immediate changes, there is ZERO reason to run it. Swiftness uptime is bad, and when you use it, you will have no uptime. If you are using signet of inspiration you are shooting yourself in the foot.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

11 minutes ago, Nezekan.2671 said:

The reactions are due to you becoming a living meme in mesmer section. Every time and I really mean every single time someone makes a very valid complaint about Mesmer, you appear as the contrarian. It's almost a bot-like behavior at this point. 

Signet if Inspiration needs immediate changes, there is ZERO reason to run it. Swiftness uptime is bad, and when you use it, you will have no uptime. If you are using signet of inspiration you are shooting yourself in the foot.

I use it all the time, especially on casual axe Mirage or Virtuoso builds. 

All of my support builds run it but the traited version. 

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

Just now, Mell.4873 said:

I use it all the time. 

All of my support builds run it but the traited version. 

What content are you supporting in? There is always a better utility to take. Inspiration trait line in general has much less value. Run something else for damage. Unless you are tanking and need a lot of self sustain, Inspiration is a waste on Chrono now.

Also did you miss the title? They are talking about none traited. A skill should not need a grandmaster trait to not be utterly useless.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Nezekan.2671 said:

What content are you supporting in? There is always a better utility to take. Inspiration trait line in general has much less value. Run something else for damage. Unless you are tanking and need a lot of self sustain, Inspiration is a waste on Chrono now.

Also did you miss the title? They are talking about none traited. A skill should not need a grandmaster trait to not be utterly useless.

Yeah I changed my response to include the times have used to it solo. It's just when I don't have swiftness which is not often. 

I use the traited inspiration signet on alac Mirage and a quickness Chrono. Mostly in fractal and end-game metas events. 

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

Yeah I changed my response to include the times have used to it solo. It's just when I don't have swiftness which is not often. 

I use the traited inspiration signet on alac Mirage and a quickness Chrono. Mostly in fractal and end-game metas events. 

I mean you can run mimic instead of signet if inspiration on quickness chrono and do double quickness well. This guarantees quickness uptime way more than inspiration and Chrono does not need swiftness since it's 25% faster permanently. Inspiration signet and traits are not bad, but they have really fallen off recently.

Mirage can turn signet usages into ambush, so it's a different story. Any signet almost serves the same purpose. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Nezekan.2671 said:

I mean you can run mimic instead of signet if inspiration on quickness chrono and do double quickness well. This guarantees quickness uptime way more than inspiration and Chrono does not need swiftness since it's 25% faster permanently. Inspiration signet and traits are not bad, but they have really fallen off recently.

Mirage can turn signet usages into ambush, so it's a different story. Any signet almost serves the same purpose. 

Yeah I could but not everything comes off cooldown at the same time so I would have to delay either one. This is doubly true since I run improved alacrity trait. The other cool things is you can add to resolution and protection stacks which for fractals is amazing. 

I mean it's basicly just a non-heal "we heal as one" that is the way I treat it. 

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Confused 2

SoI needs some changes but in my opinion, Blurred Inscriptions is the bigger culprit here. This trait is way too bloated.

For SoI, removing the random boon and adding boon duration instead would be a big benefit without changing the lackluster untraited active. It would at least compensate with stats. This aside, I really really want Bountiful Disillusionment to extent or share boons on allies in some way even if it means less selfish boon application.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Xaylin.1860 said:

SoI needs some changes but in my opinion, Blurred Inscriptions is the bigger culprit here. This trait is way too bloated.

For SoI, removing the random boon and adding boon duration instead would be a big benefit without changing the lackluster untraited active. It would at least compensate with stats. This aside, I really really want Bountiful Disillusionment to extent or share boons on allies in some way even if it means less selfish boon application.

Regards the „bloated“ argument. On one side you could indeed start a discussion about balance between skill and trait effect and it’s impact on the class balance in general and you are fully right but tbh I would love to have more game changing traits like this one. Only Damage modifiers or just boon application is game design from the last century if you ask me and ANet didn’t miss any change in the past to rip out traits that actually do something.

2 hours ago, Senqu.8054 said:

I would love to have more game changing traits like this one.

I agree that game changing traits are great. However, leaving untraited Utility skills useless, especially none elite spec ones (I think different arguments could be made for those), is a bit weird. Furthermore, the only gameplay altering aspect on Blurred Inscription is the Distortion. Everything else is effect bloat. Things like traited Signet of Midnight are just silly and overall traited Signets cover too much ground, making other Utility groups way less appealing. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Xaylin.1860 said:

I agree that game changing traits are great. However, leaving untraited Utility skills useless, especially none elite spec ones (I think different arguments could be made for those), is a bit weird. Furthermore, the only gameplay altering aspect on Blurred Inscription is the Distortion. Everything else is effect bloat. Things like traited Signet of Midnight are just silly and overall traited Signets cover too much ground, making other Utility groups way less appealing. 

careful with the choice of words you use, they might end up nerfing it without giving us anything back

• Like 2

The skill was busted on chrono release and then got nerfed to the ground.

At this point its better to rework the skill entirely. With the new target ally mechanic it could work like it did in the olden days (copy all your boons to allies) but just one target. This could help to support a single target but you could also use it on clones to buff yourself via illusions.

The trait should be reworked such that all sognets provide distortion and that you gain a special effect when evading/blocking an effect for each signet. SOI could prolong boons, renewal could proc a heal, Domination could proc a small damage pulse that vulns or weakens, illusions could summon a clone, midnight could proc a blind pulse and Humility rips boons.

This would make signets so much more interesting tbh.

On 4/23/2022 at 12:37 AM, Salt Mode.3780 said:

careful with the choice of words you use, they might end up nerfing it without giving us anything back

This, of course, can always happen. Let's hope for the best 😆

4 hours ago, InsaneQR.7412 said:

The trait should be reworked such that all sognets provide distortion and that you gain a special effect when evading/blocking an effect for each signet. SOI could prolong boons, renewal could proc a heal, Domination could proc a small damage pulse that vulns or weakens, illusions could summon a clone, midnight could proc a blind pulse and Humility rips boons.

Not saying that this would be overpowered per se. But it is still way more than most other Utility traits do. Those that are left on Mesmer, that is 🤣

Inspiration signet revised:

Passive: increase concentration

Active: grant all boons to 3 nearby allies (reducing the effectiveness of blurred inscriptions)reduce the duration of these boons.

May theory crafting prevail!I

(I mean hey harbinger has it)

Edited by Infinity.2876
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Xaylin.1860 said:

This, of course, can always happen. Let's hope for the best 😆

Not saying that this would be overpowered per se. But it is still way more than most other Utility traits do. Those that are left on Mesmer, that is 🤣

Its a GM trait afterall. Those can be more potent. Plus they could function as bonus signet passives with an ICD so you could not trigger the effect by popping the same signet you want to activate by evading. (A general ICD would also be an option)

It would also give boon mirage a good support tool apart from just pumping out alacrity & virtuoso would also have some synergy with it due to the block & evade playstyle options. And chrono would just go well with it as always.

Edited by InsaneQR.7412