Daily “please address warrior” post

Yerlock.4678

On 4/22/2022 at 12:00 AM, Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

So we gonna start a #buffwarriorwhen campaign?

The problem is, when Anet see's Buff warrior, we usually get nerfs. Like Spellbreaker has been nerfed multiple times since EoD launched... lol. 

Maybe we need to use reverse phycology and say #NerfWarriorWhen and we might see buffs 

25 minutes ago, Gorem.8104 said:

The problem is, when Anet see's Buff warrior, we usually get nerfs. Like Spellbreaker has been nerfed multiple times since EoD launched... lol. 

Maybe we need to use reverse phycology and say #NerfWarriorWhen and we might see buffs 

or then they finally decide to listen to us. 😭

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Vancho.8750 said:

Can we dig out PVP berserker out its grave from 2017 also? 

This is definitely real. Berserker stinks nowadays. But there are some scrubs that get caught by berserker's attacks. I've  seen three people watch a berserker come in and kill them with one primal burst.

Where was I? I was gone because I saw him set up his burst. And we were well into a pvp match. We've seen him do the same thing over and over lol.

The lower skilled players have ruined our chances to fix berserker in my opinion.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Verdict is Vengence.6912 said:

This is definitely real. Berserker stinks nowadays. But there are some scrubs that get caught by berserker's attacks. I've  seen three people watch a berserker come in and kill them with one primal burst.

Where was I? I was gone because I saw him set up his burst. And we were well into a pvp match. We've seen him do the same thing over and over lol.

The lower skilled players have ruined our chances to fix berserker in my opinion.

Ikr, yesterday I was on my Diviner Renegade having fun in WvW. Not very tanky mind you. 

So here comes this Vindicator cele and a Gunflame zerker. I used one of the pillars in Mendon's and the Berserker gunflamed me 4 times and never hit me, huh I wonder how I learned to play against that!

I died in the end cause I was glass and the Cele vindi mallyx me too much to outheal tho, but well, even under pressure, Berserker couldn't dmg me. It's all about kiting.

Same day, Marau/Bers Vindicator roaming south camp Alpine, 1 deadeye and 2 rangers. Kinda hate both for their own reasons. I used those little huts and they chased me for 5 mins, but they all died in the end (couldn't always finish them off so they got up a couple of times till help arrived) but no sweating on my forehead.

So what we get from all this, movement, as always, is the number 1 factor in fighting and roaming. Open field in bad because if you can't outrun, you will die probably. Just add more obstacles in WvW, PvP is okay. 😈

17 hours ago, Vancho.8750 said:

Can we dig out PVP berserker out its grave from 2017 also? 

It's anti-climactic getting stunlocked by a  guard soon after you cry "You Can't Stop Me!" right? 🙂

"I'll destroy you all" Awww it'll destroy us all so cuuuteee ^^ Get two shotted now go play with your banners.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, artharon.9276 said:

It's anti-climactic getting stunlocked by a  guard soon after you cry "You Can't Stop Me!" right? 🙂

"I'll destroy you all" Awww it'll destroy us all so cuuuteee ^^ Get two shotted now go play with your banners.

Well once upon a time you couldn't stop a Beserker that easelly and it did enough damage to destroy all, the issue is that people prefer to be spammed out of existence by a lightshow over getting punched in the face fair and square.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Noobs crying is why we cant have good warrior. They rather not learn to counter a class via watching  for  big tells, and rather  moan online about things. So then the class suffers at every level of play. Hits like a noodle at low level so feels unrewarding and not fun. At high level play, it does no damage, since it has big tells and is easily avoidable leading to it being worthless since being able to get in a hit is meaningless.

Hell warrior is such a non threat, squishy glass cannons  don't even bother avoiding warriors much as they can usually kill them before they can even pose too much of a threat.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 4/23/2022 at 12:37 PM, Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485 said:

-the class suffers at every level of play. Hits like a noodle at low level so feels unrewarding and not fun. At high level play, it does no damage, since it has big tells and is easily avoidable leading to it being worthless

This.

Whatever balancing direction led the development team to the conclusion that warrior is a prime example of their class balance endgame (and thus requiring no pvp adjustment, only more interesting ways to play banner warrior) need to be revisited. Either:

You were wrong, and need to (specifically include more mitigation on berserker and either more mitigation or damage on spellbreaker)

Or you were right and need to balance every other class so it fallows this paradigm of:

• having big telegraphs
  • those telegraphs needing to land in order to ensure delivery of higher damage, while not being damaging themselves in most cases
  • those telegraphs being single strike and thus blindable/blockable/easily evadeable/interruptible
  • mitigation options having a thirty to -75 second cooldown on a class with practically no access to passive mitigation

I don't want the latter. I'm finding enjoyment in the other class balancing directions, it's only warrior having the problem for me.

Right now, to fight any class, warriors need to know both their buttons and their opponent's buttons, know what their opponents will do in most, if not all of their situations, and still have to refrain from using cooldowns and be evasive on a class that does not make that latter portion easy until their opponent runs through everything they have.

While that playstyle is acceptable to me, I am going to need better mitigation cooldowns for doing that, especially when the counterplay for warrior is several times more simple and doesn't require anyone else to study them to learn, and the classes being fought have better/more forgiving cooldowns. 

Review the balancing suggestions made in these forums over the past few months. There have been a number of small changes that wouldn't require a rework or damage increases and yet would be instrumental in fixing the problem like:

Don't let us down in June by focusing on reworking banners instead of literally anything else. You can do those above ones in a single patch.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

This.

Whatever balancing direction led the development team to the conclusion that warrior is a prime example of their class balance endgame (and thus requiring no pvp adjustment, only more interesting ways to play banner warrior) need to be revisited. Either:

You were wrong, and need to (specifically include more mitigation on berserker and either more mitigation or damage on spellbreaker)

Or you were right and need to balance every other class so it fallows this paradigm of:

• having big telegraphs
  • those telegraphs needing to land in order to ensure delivery of higher damage, while not being damaging themselves in most cases
  • those telegraphs being single strike and thus blindable/blockable/easily evadeable/interruptible
  • mitigation options having a thirty to -75 second cooldown on a class with practically no access to passive mitigation

I don't want the latter. I'm finding enjoyment in the other class balancing directions, it's only warrior having the problem for me.

Right now, to fight any class, warriors need to know both their buttons and their opponent's buttons, know what their opponents will do in most, if not all of their situations, and still have to refrain from using cooldowns and be evasive on a class that does not make that latter portion easy until their opponent runs through everything they have.

While that playstyle is acceptable to me, I am going to need better mitigation cooldowns for doing that, especially when the counterplay for warrior is several times more simple and doesn't require anyone else to study them to learn, and the classes being fought have better/more forgiving cooldowns. 

Review the balancing suggestions made in these forums over the past few months. There have been a number of small changes that wouldn't require a rework or damage increases and yet would be instrumental in fixing the problem like:

Don't let us down in June by focusing on reworking banners instead of literally anything else. You can do those above ones in a single patch.

Personally i think there should be 30% damage reduction(condi and power)  trait somewhere on berserker, maybe on Eternal champion instead of the might thing. Maybe some mitigation in the defense traitline, barrier on burst/adrenaline spent trait instead of the 300s CD Defy pain and tada it works like Reaper. 

@Vancho.8750 or simply remove the -300 thougness while in zerk Mode but leave the rest as it is. This would made zerker a bit better and would remove one of the hardest debuffs from a spec in game. (Also it would just simply remove one of the 2 debuffs it actually get: -300 thougness/no access to burst skill when you leave zerk mode)

25 minutes ago, Pati.2438 said:

@Vancho.8750 or simply remove the -300 thougness while in zerk Mode but leave the rest as it is. This would made zerker a bit better and would remove one of the hardest debuffs from a spec in game. (Also it would just simply remove one of the 2 debuffs it actually get: -300 thougness/no access to burst skill when you leave zerk mode)

See that won't help much and has been talked over many times why -300 is stupid considering they didn't go on EVERY profession with something like that. Core bursts are not coming back but the easy salutation is just reducing the cd on Berserk. Also like @Azure The Heartless.3261 some of the one line traits(another issue ) need some way to be reset in the mode. And it still might not be enough if you look at the Meta specks you can notice how many passives and boons they have on top of mobility that synergies with the spec, there is none of that on warrior.

I find it quite weird that Arenanet can't make Berserker good considering it is POWER mode user like Necro, they already have the blueprint with it.