Anet Fix that Condi kitten

smiiirf.3201

On 4/29/2022 at 6:13 AM, Carmela.8756 said:

The problem i see about condi is also it is pretty easy to play. Some are even insta applied be simply press 1 button. Without any combo, tactic needed...... niente. Second condi has also a big advantage when the game laggs. Because they tick anyway.

Ok. I do think condi damage is more heinous because it is sneaky damage but there are two things that should always be considered in how horrible it really is compared to direct damage.

(1) Take away all the "blind/evade/block" skills that affect both condition appliers and direct damage appliers and only look at what affects condition damage and only look at what affects direct damage.

(2) Realize that condition damage is only Potential Damage till the tick actually happens. Direct damage is there instantly.

So now all you need to do is look at which actually creates the most mitigation Protection vs Cleanse.

In my experience, I find cleanses affect a fight far more than protection no matter if I am playing my tanky thief or glass Engineer because it is, like I pointed out, potential damage till it actually happens and if you are prepared for it, that 15k Bleed+Poison  Damage over 12 seconds has now become. 3k damage and on cooldowns while during that cooldown period my Engi is still throwing 1200 crits (over 90% crit during combat) on plain auto attack.

Everything I use in WvW runs cleanses.

My Thief: Sigils of cleansing. I also run health/second food to help offset condition damage. And Yes... even 69 heal/second adds up and saves a life. No Protection.

My Mesmer: Sigils of cleansing PLUS Arcane Thievery (Steal 3 boons and transfer 3 conditions). No Protection.

My Engineer: Sigils of cleansing. The trait (lesser elixer c)that converts conditions into boons when condi's reach the threshold of 3 (48 second cooldown).

3 second protection (33% reduction in direct damage 10 second cooldown) when disabled. And Elixer E trait 3 1/2 seconds protection on a 40 second cooldown. 

I do not understand why people do not actually prepare themselves for condition damage. It is so much easier to control overall than direct damage. But like I said before. it is a L2P smart issue.

Edited by Jitters.9401
Forgot info
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

Direct damage requires power, precision, ferocity to do any damage. Condi damage requires Condi damage and maybe expertise to do damage. This leaves a free stat while still at maximum damage. This means the Condi character will survive long enough for the conditions to be of value. It also means that the Condi character can counter direct damage with no loss from toughness while the power character had to make sacrifices to counter Condi. Neither of these things I said as counters nullify the opponent and I see them as equivalent.

TLDR - stats give Condi the advantage, don't have stats with Condi damage + expertise + toughness

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

Condition damage change was stupid and killed the game. Got out of hand back in hot and the devs are/were too clueless to fix their mistakes. Now they sit on hands while the game accidentally gets popular cuz of other games like wow and new world bleeding players. And now they make skins and don't communicate anything except a bunch of carrot+stick blog posts.

The industry has surely taught anet a lot. They learned to promise nothing so people don't get upset, and also to never balance or update the game because changing it may also upset people.

Apparently it's better to allow a game to become boring and die due to lack of significant updates for ~2 years than to upset a group of people by changing literally anything.

Hey Google/Alexa/Siri, Set timer 2 months from now "did guild wars 2 get any balance updates"

• Like 6
  • Confused 2

dunno if its a good solution, but i think those cc conditions should be capped to a max of 3s and shouldn't scale with expertise.. just that separation would drastically change alot without changing much. they already capped it to 10s to allow players who can't even keybind a clean to mount up..

therefore can't be that hard to select certain ones and cap them 1s-3s across the board

the issue right now is certain condi specs and builds can overwhelm a player with limited cleanse.. if they have the clean depending on which order of conditions are placed, on a cleansing sigil you could potentially remove immob, chill, slow  on a 9s cooldown whilst 15 stacks of fire and torment rip chunks of your hp away. bad design.

Edited by Jarwan.8263
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

On 5/1/2022 at 5:21 PM, Littlekenny.4196 said:

TLDR - stats give Condi the advantage, don't have stats with Condi damage + expertise + toughness

(

=====================

Example: I was running condi thief. Got in a fight with a warrior classes and a condi necro. The fight was close but I lost and was fine with it till then they started throwing seige and doing emotes. So I logged onto my assassin geared Engineer, found them, and removed them both easily from the gene pool, Like really easily. 

Reality of it is we all have different experiences and my experience is that if I compare how deadly my tanky condition build or Glass High Crit build, my Glass Build will destroy any enemy condition build much mich quicker.

Like seriously. I run cleanses on everything because it is the smart choice for any build. So maybe peeps need to equip better, trait better so they can do better.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

During 2022 WvW Roamers are still Blaming the Armor Stats instead of... Skills and Traits!

Celestial Weapons and Armors are inside gw2 the last 8 or 9 years. and since the time that there wasn't any condition meta build*, why now they become problem? (every week i see someone blaming celestial)

Because it was never the celestial stats the problem but always was the skills and the traits and now the problem is also the new proffessions because for a mysterious reason every expansion creates new "roaming condi gods".

also, if Anet make the Celestial armor useless as overall good set that can be used in all different pve game-modes good luck dealing with the rage of people that spent time to craft their celestial gear.

nobody plays with gamer's time. nobody

* perplexity and torment came in game after celestial and alarcity and quickness after expansions .  i am witing this info for the people that searching the truth behind the new "roaming condi gods"

Edited by Reborn.2934
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

1 hour ago, Reborn.2934 said:

During 2022 WvW Roamers are still Blaming the Armor Stats instead of... Skills and Traits!

Celestial Weapons and Armors are inside gw2 the last 8 or 9 years. and since the time that there wasn't any condition meta build*, why now they become problem? (every week i see someone blaming celestial)

Because cele got massive undeserved buffs. It was balanced before. Now it isn't anymore. Doesn't mean it is the only thing contributing to imbalance, but it certainly is a big factor.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Jitters.9401 said:

(

=====================

Example: I was running condi thief. Got in a fight with a warrior classes and a condi necro. The fight was close but I lost and was fine with it till then they started throwing seige and doing emotes. So I logged onto my assassin geared Engineer, found them, and removed them both easily from the gene pool, Like really easily. 

Reality of it is we all have different experiences and my experience is that if I compare how deadly my tanky condition build or Glass High Crit build, my Glass Build will destroy any enemy condition build much mich quicker.

Like seriously. I run cleanses on everything because it is the smart choice for any build. So maybe peeps need to equip better, trait better so they can do better.

It's almost as if pure condi focused builds require time to kill!?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Solution is to buff warrior to deny Stability with CCs and for each hit to corrupt a boon.

That should keep cele players in check, especially Garbingers. 

No nerfs, only buffs! 😈

Yess good idea. Also we should buff thiefs . They need more mobility plus more stealth. Cele also needs a buff. The gear has to little stats to be played. BTW Why not give stealth to everyone. So every roamer can rub one out while running away.  OHOH i got one: Give "Sic them up" mobile balistas with rapid fire! Sarcsm intended 🙂.

3 hours ago, UmbraNoctis.1907 said:

Because cele got massive undeserved buffs. It was balanced before. Now it isn't anymore. Doesn't mean it is the only thing contributing to imbalance, but it certainly is a big factor.

traiblazer is bigger factor for condition roaming gods.

if you had read the link of my post you should had watch the video and the shared build (on the build he has traiblazer not celestial) of the engi in the video that killed 2 enemies and in the description of the video admitted that with traiblazer has ... better results!

trabliazer has better sustain since has more vitality and armor and better condition damage.than celestial. so more useful to condition builds!

if the new skills of new eod professions are not tested and they proc critical 1 on 2 with 30% precision or ticked up to promote the expansion it is not celestial armor's fault but someone's else. 

WHAT ARE THESE UNDERSERVED BUFFS OF CELESTIAL ?  share a link please

p.s. as i said before the most common gear between old players since is older is the celestial and not the traiblazer because it needs time for someone to craft it and unfortunately the older players have advantage now in wvw, since the new they can't even have food with 3rd stat (like the ascended food) if they don't pay a fortune for them for materials that old have!

Edited by Reborn.2934
  • Confused 5

5 minutes ago, Reborn.2934 said:

trabliazer has better sustain since has more vitality and armor and better condition damage.than celestial. so more useful to condition builds!

Trailblazer has more armor and condi damage.

Celestial has a higher boon uptime (offensive and defensive), better healing, 60% more direct damage (hybrid damage is in general better than condi damage alone)

Most trailblazer builds would get better results if they switched to celestial.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, KrHome.1920 said:

Trailblazer has more armor and condi damage.

Celestial has a higher boon uptime (offensive and defensive), better healing, 60% more direct damage (hybrid damage is in general better than condi damage alone)

Most trailblazer builds would get better results if they switched to celestial.

i am writing  for condition god here and you are saying for ... hybrids.

ok

watch the video from someone that soloing legendary bosses in pve with celestial and tell me that the problem is the celestial and not the traits and skills of the new Willbender profession now please

my main and most played with thousand of hours is guardian with full ascended celestial. even the backpack is ascended celestial.

The 1000.000 $$$ Question  now.

Why With the old builds professions can't do the same?

The answer. They are not .... Willbender

Conclusions now.

If a celestial firebrand/ dragonhunter / pure guardian can't do what a celestial Willbender 👇  is doing  the reason is ....  The New Profession Not the  Armor/Weapons Type/Stats!

Edited by Reborn.2934
  • Confused 4

2 minutes ago, Reborn.2934 said:

i am writing  for condition god here and you are saying for ... hybrids.

ok

watch the video from someone that soloing legendary bosses in pve with celestial and tell me that the problem is the celestial and not the traits and skills of the new Willbender profession now please

my main and most played with thousand of hours is guardian with full ascended celestial. even the backpack is ascended celestial.

The 1000.000 $$ Question  now.

Why With the old builds professions can't do the same?

The answer. They are not .... Willbender

Conclusions now.

If a celestial firebrand / guardian can't do what a celestial Willbender can do the reason is the profession not the armor/weapons!

This is so funny (and badly formatted). New broken spec -> old problems don't exist. OK dude.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hotride.2187 said:

The problem of celestial existed before eod. New specs are just even more broken than the old builds running it.

what problems?  find me a problem with pure guardian and celestial .

you will not find a single one.

do you know why? 

Because its Expansion promotes its new professions!

If you and all other can't understand that this is the only way Anet have to sell the expansions ... it's not my problem but stop wasting my time please 😏

Edited by Reborn.2934
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Reborn.2934 said:

what problems?  find me a problem with pure guardian and celestial .

you will not find a single one.

Lol. Core guards don't run cele (because there are stronger cele builds on guard) -> cele is not a problem. Are you on the balance team?

• Haha 1

On 5/1/2022 at 6:43 PM, Jitters.9401 said:

Ok. I do think condi damage is more heinous because it is sneaky damage but there are two things that should always be considered in how horrible it really is compared to direct damage.

(1) Take away all the "blind/evade/block" skills that affect both condition appliers and direct damage appliers and only look at what affects condition damage and only look at what affects direct damage.

(2) Realize that condition damage is only Potential Damage till the tick actually happens. Direct damage is there instantly.

So now all you need to do is look at which actually creates the most mitigation Protection vs Cleanse.

In my experience, I find cleanses affect a fight far more than protection no matter if I am playing my tanky thief or glass Engineer because it is, like I pointed out, potential damage till it actually happens and if you are prepared for it, that 15k Bleed+Poison  Damage over 12 seconds has now become. 3k damage and on cooldowns while during that cooldown period my Engi is still throwing 1200 crits (over 90% crit during combat) on plain auto attack.

Everything I use in WvW runs cleanses.

My Thief: Sigils of cleansing. I also run health/second food to help offset condition damage. And Yes... even 69 heal/second adds up and saves a life. No Protection.

My Mesmer: Sigils of cleansing PLUS Arcane Thievery (Steal 3 boons and transfer 3 conditions). No Protection.

My Engineer: Sigils of cleansing. The trait (lesser elixer c)that converts conditions into boons when condi's reach the threshold of 3 (48 second cooldown).

3 second protection (33% reduction in direct damage 10 second cooldown) when disabled. And Elixer E trait 3 1/2 seconds protection on a 40 second cooldown. 

I do not understand why people do not actually prepare themselves for condition damage. It is so much easier to control overall than direct damage. But like I said before. it is a L2P smart issue.

Bro you can cleanse once per 2 seconds and still not have enough to deal with the problematic condi builds. I feel like you don't play the same game or have just never fought a competent player using a problem condi build.

Edited by solemn.9608
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 5/3/2022 at 7:49 PM, Reborn.2934 said:

WHAT ARE THESE UNDERSERVED BUFFS OF CELESTIAL ?  share a link please

-The Celestial stat combination on gear now also increases concentration and expertise. The per-stat values have not been decreased.

They added Concentration and Expertise ontop of what Celestial already had. No drawbacks... just having 2 minorstats for free.

You didnt even know about this change?!  some people consider celestial overtuned since this change. You just need to look at the total stats that diffrent sets give.

For example any 3-stat set, for example berserker has 3302 totalstats, whereas Celestial has 5751 totalstats! They added 2 Stats (1278totalstats)on it COMPLETLY free. Please just imagine for a second that they add 1278 totalstats to the Berserkerstatcombination. just to put it in perspective, and to make it easier to understand we math it with 1278 vitality. they equal 12780 Hitpoints; imagine how strong any powerbuild would be if they added almost 13000 Hitpoints ontop...for free...  because that is exactly what they did with Celestialstats, they added 639 Expertise and 639 Concentration (1278 totalstats) ontop of a already wellperforming statcombination/builds! Have you not wondered why since the last year a majority of the WvW roamingbuilds include the celestialset?

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2