Entangle

Infinity.2876

3 hours ago, Infinity.2876 said:

Entangle is kind of gross especially if you get stun and entangled you're pretty much dead meat.

Is there any way to avoid it? It isn't very telegraphed and very frustrating.

If you see a Jacaranda watch for the little spinny they do since that's when they'll throw the projectile.

For the Ranger itself, they'll do a stomp and if it's a Druid I have the unfortunate news to tell you that you will always be Entangled every 10 seconds on CC. (Which is honestly the overpowered part.)

It was always in my suggestion that the clearing window should be increased to 2 seconds (So 2 seconds of Immobilize per 2 seconds Pulse) rather than 1 second but the balance gods say otherwise, because having to use 3 clears to get out of one immobilize is fair apparently. (And no Resistance doesn't count, it hardly ever last long enough to be effective since it was gutted a year ago.)

Edited by Shao.7236
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Shao.7236 said:

If you see a Jacaranda watch for the little spinny they do since that's when they'll throw the projectile.

For the Ranger itself, they'll do a stomp and if it's a Druid I have the unfortunate news to tell you that you will always be Entangled every 10 seconds on CC. (Which is honestly the overpowered part.)

It was always in my suggestion that the clearing window should be increased to 2 seconds (So 2 seconds of Immobilize per 2 seconds Pulse) rather than 1 second but the balance gods say otherwise, because having to use 3 clears to get out of one immobilize is fair apparently. (And no Resistance doesn't count, it hardly ever last long enough to be effective since it was gutted a year ago.)

Your description of the mechanic is a bit wrong and (sadly) a common misconception. The reason is that the mechanic is actually quite peculiar and both the in game tooltip and the wiki do not reflect that / are  misleading except for 1 piece of info on the wiki for entangle. Entangle, jacaranda and ancient seeds have the same mechanic.

Initial hit (which you described nicely) applies 1s immob

After 1s apply 2s immob

After 1.5s apply 2s immob (repeat X times)

Edited by aymnad.9023

10 minutes ago, aymnad.9023 said:

Your description of the mechanic is a bit wrong and (sadly) a common misconception. The reason is that the mechanic is actually quite peculiar and both the in game tooltip and the wiki do not reflect that / are  misleading except for 1 piece of info on the wiki for entangle. Entangle, jacaranda and ancient seeds have the same mechanic.

Initial hit (which you described nicely) applies 1s immob

After 1s apply 2s immob

After 1.5s apply 2s immob (repeat X times)

No less, could use a bit of breathing room for players still. The concept behind the skill is nice but I can't agree with it being so short if it can be used so often.

13 minutes ago, Shao.7236 said:

No less, could use a bit of breathing room for players still. The concept behind the skill is nice but I can't agree with it being so short if it can be used so often.

I do not find it fun either to get caught but I am sure if people knew about the existing breathing room it would already change the way some of them react to those skills. 

Edited by aymnad.9023

1 minute ago, aymnad.9023 said:

I do not find it fun either to get caught but I am sure if people knew about the existing breathing room it would already change the way some of them react to those skills.

I'm definitely not saying that it doesn't exist, but there's other factors in place that really make it unpleasant.

Even in a perfect clear, because of delays and all the other kind of debuffs to movement. You may find yourself stuck into it again and again too many times after investing so much already.

20 minutes ago, Shao.7236 said:

I'm definitely not saying that it doesn't exist, but there's other factors in place that really make it unpleasant.

Even in a perfect clear, because of delays and all the other kind of debuffs to movement. You may find yourself stuck into it again and again too many times after investing so much already.

2 seconds is a lot. Right now I cannot think of an equivalent in the game (there probably are). The aoe visual effect should be improved but in 2s you move a lot of distance.

Edited by aymnad.9023
edit for the aoe visual effect

I understand the frustration. I did want to point out there there is a telegraph that is pretty unique for a ranger. 

They jump up with both feet under their bums with a green swirl around them similar to a soul beast before stomping down. 

With regards to distance, I do agree there is no real way of telling the perimeter it hits... and that's very annoying especially in Raiding or WvW (as a Ranger)  and even more annoying if you're trying to get away from it. 

In terms of fixing the skill, the only things I would change to it (besides kicking rangers in the balls again) 

-Add a brief telegraph on the radius (when the Ranger is in the air before the stomp) 

-Remove the unblockable on the skill 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Curennos.9307 said:

I hate ranger immob uptime as much as the next person, but it looks like this person is playing core engi with almost zero cleanse.

They were dazed (twice I think). there is only so much passive condi cleanse in the world

But core engi is notoriously bad

Edited by Infinity.2876
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Infinity.2876 said:

They were dazed (twice I think). there is only so much passive condi cleanse in the world

But core engi is notoriously bad

Yeah. Looks like they also got nailed by the scourge CC.

Entangle could probably use a better tell though - why an elite exists that doesn't have a super pretty, visible animation, I may never know.

18 minutes ago, Shaogin.2679 said:

I would like to point out though since many people don't know, but you can simple destroy the vines

You can, but it's super janky and they don't target well. It's pretty easy if you have a melee weapon - don't even need to target, just whack away - but it gets wonky without one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So far I've seen you can run melee or as ranged break stunned throw down an aoe and then continue however it soaks a bunch of damage and puts your skills on cool down every 60 sec with a mostly short anamation.

Great, all it needs is a 5 sec float from a harbinger and it would be unstoppable.

Edited by Infinity.2876

13 hours ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

I would like to point out though since many ranger players don't know, but mostly melee weapons can destroy the vines, to lesser extend projectiles and impossible for rest.

I'm not a Ranger player, just putting out legit info that many people don't actually know. Sorry if that bothers you.

2 hours ago, Shaogin.2679 said:

I'm not a Ranger player, just putting out legit info that many people don't actually know. Sorry if that bothers you.

Literally everyone knows they can be destroyed. The problem comes when they bug out and bind you outside of melee range. The roots have always been super buggy and inconsistent. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CutesySylveon.8290 said:

Literally everyone knows they can be destroyed. The problem comes when they bug out and bind you outside of melee range. The roots have always been super buggy and inconsistent. 

Literally everyone except for all the people I've encountered that don't? This must be a really sore subject for people if you're getting all defensive over a comment than in no way stated that the current state of entangling vines was ok. Salt levels so high that you don't understand the meaning of "literally". 😄

Edited by Shaogin.2679
  • Haha 1