Why are infusion with extra stats restricted to Fractal

Mell.4873

I mean if Strikes or Raids had a gear grind like infusions then I think a lot more people would play them.

I mean go for the full hog and provide a stat buffs only for Strikes and Raids like fractals does.

Edit: Meh it was just a thought, I guess raids and strikes will go un-played until there is some tangible benefit to do them for the wider PvE like fractals.

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Like 2
  • Confused 4

34 minutes ago, Vidit.7108 said:

They're not restricted to fractals, WvW has stat infusions, you can buy some from the laurel vendors, holiday infusions can have their stats changed. I'm sure there are more examples i can't think of at the moment.

The WvW ones look like a good alternative but it is not PvE. I'm just looking to make strikes and raids more rewarding a specific infusion vendor like fractals. 

1 hour ago, Linken.6345 said:

or buy ghostly and peerless from raid vendor

There are many more not tied to fractals OP

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Infusion

I more meant like the Mist Attunement you get from fractals. That and the whole system of agony, it probably should not be as restrictive but something to grind to give you a small advantage in the Open World.

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

I mean if Strikes or Raids had a gear grind like infusions then I think a lot more people would play them.

I don't know why you think that, it probably would not make much of a difference to motivate people who aren't playing that content already.

16 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

I mean go for the full hog and provide a stat buff only for Strikes and Raids like fractals does.

Have you considered that players would need a seperate set of gear for each set of infusions? For example, someone who plays fractals, strikes and WvW would want 3 sets of gear to have infusions for each game mode. Sounds like this could potentially be a big QoL decrease.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

I more meant like the Mist Attunement you get from fractals. That and the whole system of agony, it probably should not be as restrictive but something to grind to give you a small advantage in the Open World.

That doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

They could add daily raids instead similar to the daily strike and put magnetite/gaetling crystals and 2 gold in the box. The liquidity past the first clear per week is horrific. IMO the only thing that should be limited is LI as far as weekly, the liquid gold and unids/random drops shouldn't be limited. I don't understand the point of gating decorations weekly instead of daily for example: a clear is a clear.

In order for a Mist Attunement system like fractals to work you would need uncapped magnetite/gaetling crystals per week or 150 per day instead of 150 per week.

In addition, there are +5 stat infusions available for magnetite shards already.

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Like 1

Considering Fractals IS pve, the +5 stats work in PVE / as does the +5 stats from WvW infusions - work in PVE, the % to lords / guards etc just doesn't add to it when not in WvW and the +9AR only appears when in fractals. 
Mist attunement works with the AR that you already have, so therefore works in Fractals and only fractals - I know for a fact not even something like that would make me want to play Strikes / Raids. I don't like those particular game modes for a reason
(my reason) - just the same as some people who don't play WvW game mode or sPvP game mode. 

I am sorry but I just don't understand what it is you really want from this?
Another 'reason' to do 'something' or work towards something else in PvE ??
Honestly even if you did get your wish - it won't effect me as I don't do strikes and raids, so therefore I really wouldn't care if they got an 'extra' something. 

4 hours ago, Nythrilyn.2146 said:

Considering Fractals IS pve, the +5 stats work in PVE / as does the +5 stats from WvW infusions - work in PVE, the % to lords / guards etc just doesn't add to it when not in WvW and the +9AR only appears when in fractals. 
Mist attunement works with the AR that you already have, so therefore works in Fractals and only fractals - I know for a fact not even something like that would make me want to play Strikes / Raids. I don't like those particular game modes for a reason
(my reason) - just the same as some people who don't play WvW game mode or sPvP game mode. 

I am sorry but I just don't understand what it is you really want from this?
Another 'reason' to do 'something' or work towards something else in PvE ??
Honestly even if you did get your wish - it won't effect me as I don't do strikes and raids, so therefore I really wouldn't care if they got an 'extra' something. 

I was just thinking a gear/infusion grind in Strikes/Raids would be fun. Right now I have no reason to do them except for getting achievements or gold.

• Confused 2

On 5/1/2022 at 2:07 AM, Mell.4873 said:

I did look they do exist but it seems like a werd after thought and not similar in anyway to fractal versions. 

Of course they are similar. They provide the same stat bonuses as Fractal infusions. You can use any of them for Raids and Strikes (and, of course, open world PvE).

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

I was just thinking a gear/infusion grind in Strikes/Raids would be fun. Right now I have no reason to do them except for getting achievements or gold.

grind = fun?
🤔

How about increasing EOD Strike and raid daily gated rewards instead? The number of people doing them after Monday drops significantly except for the daily strike.

• Like 1

I mean most PvE player need to play fractals at some point since there is a lot of currencies and infusions. For example, stabilizing matrix are primary found in fractals and they are used for legendary armor. Raids provide almost nothing while Strikes are just useful for EoD and Icebrood Saga one off items or achievements.

16 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

I mean most PvE player need to play fractals at some point since there is a lot of currencies and infusions. For example, stabilizing matrix are primary found in fractals and they are used for legendary armor. Raids provide almost nothing while Strikes are just useful for EoD and Icebrood Saga one off items or achievements.

Well, hold on ... MOST PVE players? That's not certain. 

Also, I would say that if MOST PVE players are targeting getting a legendary something ... it's a weapon and those can be purchased. That makes the need for people to play fractals a pretty dubious claim. 

Edited by Obtena.7952

2 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

stabilizing matrix are primary found in fractals

Not really? I get most of my stabilizing matrices from salvaging rings and accessories all of which can be bought from the laurel vendor. A straight stabilizing matrix drop is somewhat rarer from the daily chest, what i get a lot of though from fractals is rings which make up the bulk of my stabilizing matrices drops each week. 

According to the wiki the Black Ice bands can drop them from salvage too, so if I needed to farm them I would definitely go get winterberries instead.

2 hours ago, Vidit.7108 said:

Not really? I get most of my stabilizing matrices from salvaging rings and accessories all of which can be bought from the laurel vendor. A straight stabilizing matrix drop is somewhat rarer from the daily chest, what i get a lot of though from fractals is rings which make up the bulk of my stabilizing matrices drops each week. 

According to the wiki the Black Ice bands can drop them from salvage too, so if I needed to farm them I would definitely go get winterberries instead.

It is a far easier to do recommended daily fractals, the other option is to just buy them. 

I wish strikes would give rewards in order to guide me into the process of crafting legendary runes and/or legendary sigils. That way they can justify the low amount of gold you will ever get from farming strikes.

Infusion is meh. There is just too much other incentive to get them outside of strikes while legendary sigils and runes are a nebulous endgame goal that could potentially incentive players to invest into strikes.

Furthermore it is perfectly in line with the goal of strikes in the first place when it comes to the legendary journey: start out with the acquisition of runes and sigils and then get to raids for the armor.

Edited by flog.3485
missing a word