The Skyscale Quest Line Is WAY Too Grindy, And Insulting [Merged]

3 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

The Griffon is locked behind finishing Path of Fire, 250 gold and like 5 collections with scavenger hunts. You complain that the Skyscale requires scavenger hunts and you need to do story.

Something's not adding up here.

Griffon took a day. I'm not dedicated weeks to that mount and until those requirements are changed, I will continue to pump money into other games. 250G is pennies compared to the value of time. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

Just now, Zenfooki.2034 said:

Griffon took a day. I'm not dedicated weeks to that mount and until those requirements are changed, I will continue to pump money into other games. 250G is pennies compared to the value of time. 

Taking your business elsewhere isn't that big of a deal of Anet as you think, especially when spending an hour collecting eggs and scales is enough for you to rage quit.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Zenfooki.2034 said:

A dying game that's basically on maintenance mode needs all of the money it can get. I was spending hundreds a month on gems. 

Ah yes, dying game and maintenance mode. Who would have thought that whining about collections and compring the game to WoW would end up here?

According to people the game's been dying and in maintenance mode since.... 2014.

Also, if the game's dying why were you spending hundreds on it? Wouldn't spending it on healthy games be a better idea?

Edited by IAmNotMatthew.1058
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

Ah yes, dying game and maintenance mode. Who would have thought that whining about collections and compring the game to WoW would end up here?

According to people the game's been dying and in maintenance mode since.... 2014.

Also, if the game's dying why were you spending hundreds on it? Wouldn't spending it on healthy games be a better idea?

Your abit wrong on the date it was dead since 2012 before release if you belive some people.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Zenfooki.2034 said:

After suffering through the awful living world story, I get slapped in the face with the collections. No. Not doing it. 

Ah, so in the end it's not about any kind of "grind". It's just about playing the game. Clear, hf in wow.

1 hour ago, SnackParty.3178 said:

Scavenger hunts was the worst, but I can't say I disliked the entire chain. I've explored places, got involved with Metas, I never would have thought about. Much of it was pretty much just playing the game.

Yup, exactly. Some people can't live over not being instantly rewarded with whatever they want so they label just gameplay as grind.

1 hour ago, Zenfooki.2034 said:

A dying game that's basically on maintenance mode needs all of the money it can get. I was spending hundreds a month on gems. 

You don't understand what "maintenance mode" is.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Zenfooki.2034 said:

I can see it now. The fight between griffon and skyscale collections 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Zenfooki.2034 said:

This game's been dying since 2012 and yet it still manages to be around. Spooky.

Also you overestimate your financial value to Anet. There are many more that spend hundreds on gems...one more or less won't make a difference to Anet. You probably bought those legendaries you spoke of.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/1/2022 at 10:25 PM, Akisohida.8963 said:

Actually, by the very term 'end game'; it's not end game content anymore. Because the story does not end there anymore.

Ergo: Content that was originally end game content is no longer end game content when it's not end game content any longer.

Can you call Living World 1 end game content? No, because it is not at the end of the game.

Same with Path of fire; it is no longer end game content because it's no longer end game. No one calls Path of Fire 'end game content' anymore.

Nor is Dragonfall, or Skyscales. They are no longer end game content because, literally, they are not end game content anymore.

I never said the content expired. It's not just end game content anymore. It's just content. Horribly grindy, horribly time-gated content.

I don't know what you were trying to argue, but you are incorrect.

I don’t think you know what end-game means. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, Ausar.9542 said:

even WoW has ways to skip the grind now. So even they realize forcing new players to do pointless grind to get to the fun stuff isnt always best. So why have that structure here in GW2?

Because Gw2 isn't WoW ... I mean, your argument here is that GW2 has to have certain structure to it? Why? Just because a portion of it's players don't like it? Anet can't cater to individuals with how GW2 is designed. 

• Like 7

22 hours ago, Zenfooki.2034 said:

Good thing that's not GW2 ... reducing grind on Skyscale does not guarantee 'all the money' Anet can get either. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

37 minutes ago, Obfuscate.6430 said:

What I don't understand is that people have been asking for more long term goals in the game. The Skyscale is one of them, but when met with the requirement, the dedication involved, it's suddenly not what they wanted.
Make up your minds.  

Even after getting mine, I would still say it is not long term. The reason mine took 2 years was because I am a lazy person and didn't feel like doing it. It was never the games fault for that. Because when I did try for it, it took less than 2 weeks which most of that time being just charged quartz crystals. The actual collecting parts though were done in less than an hour.

I think the legos are the real long term goals here. The skyscale doesn't even compare to those.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Obfuscate.6430 said:

What I don't understand is that people have been asking for more long term goals in the game. The Skyscale is one of them, but when met with the requirement, the dedication involved, it's suddenly not what they wanted.
Make up your minds.  

Do you think that the people saying "make skyscale easier" are the same people saying "we want more long term goals"? Or is it possible that there are two groups of people? Or shockingly, maybe MORE than 2 groups of people saying different things!

• Like 1
  • Confused 2