10th Birthday is soon - can we get a special title to honor & highlight a full decade?

I like some of the suggestions and keep my hopes up that we will not be disappointed. 🤞

Any of the following would do:

• 1 voucher for a legendary Gen 1 or 2 weapon (account bound)
  • 1 voucher for any existing Infusion (account bound)
  • Special armor sets (preferably not jade-tech/punk themed)

I couldn't care less for titles or cakes.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 5

10 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

I like some of the suggestions and keep my hopes up that we will not be disappointed. 🤞

i agree. i ve been playing this for 10 years. we deserve something to prove we had been beliving this from the very beginning

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

There are great suggestions being shown here. 

I do think it would be nice, since many of us have kept supporting this game since release, that the 10th anniversary should be special. Getting a useful legendary item for our 10th anniversary would be fantastic! Maybe a legendary infusion of some sort.

But realistically, based on what we got last year I'd say we're getting:

1. Title

2. Piece of Unidentified Gear/10 Obsidian shards

3. Legendary handshake + karma

Edited by FunKCX.4197
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 7/1/2022 at 3:38 AM, Ashantara.8731 said:

Goodluck mate, they are not gonna give you for free infusions and legendarys, which are basically one of the small long term achivements

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

51 minutes ago, Izzy.2951 said:

Goodluck mate, they are not gonna give you for free infusions and legendarys, which are basically one of the small long term achivements

I don't need luck, my gear is 100% legendary, so... 😉

Those were merely suggestions. And I don't think any of those suggestions are inappropriate for a decade of loyalty.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

I hope its something worth running around with.. Lately birthdays are very pointless in GW2.. Maybe useful stuff like 32 slot bags or a cool weapon skin that is exclusive to 10 years.

heh

Maybe a free Legendary lol we have been farming/grinding their game for ten years, isn't that a good amount of time to have earned one.

For a title i'd go with something appropriate to 10 years..

Edited by Dante.1508
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

On 5/2/2022 at 7:58 AM, Xelqypla.6817 said:

I never liked exclusive stuff. "Hey, how do you get that?" "Wait 10 years."

Although it would be amusing to run around with the title "Geriatric" in red.

Eh, I enjoy that kind of content, even if I don't always get to have it. It is meaningful for those who have been there since the beginning. In Sea of Thieves there is a title you could get only if you were there day 1, its special when you see someone with it. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, alazar.1907 said:

Eh, I enjoy that kind of content, even if I don't always get to have it. It is meaningful for those who have been there since the beginning. In Sea of Thieves there is a title you could get only if you were there day 1, its special when you see someone with it. 

Not to mention anet have already done this before, there's the titles for gw1 hom, which while still possible to earn are way tougher to get now, plus things like the early cosmetics (baseball cap etc) are very rarely seen readded if at all. 

14 hours ago, Emberfoot.6847 said:

Not to mention anet have already done this before, there's the titles for gw1 hom, which while still possible to earn are way tougher to get now

Why are they tougher now?

I stopped after completing all the cosmetics, so I don’t know what the later titles required.

18 hours ago, Emberfoot.6847 said:

Not to mention anet have already done this before, there's the titles for gw1 hom, which while still possible to earn are way tougher to get now, plus things like the early cosmetics (baseball cap etc) are very rarely seen readded if at all. 

Don't forget the promotional outfits like the one with the bubble tea fiasco.

Hell, there's an outfit that you could only win in a giveaway on a stream. People just conveniently forget that these exist.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Why are they tougher now?

I stopped after completing all the cosmetics, so I don’t know what the later titles required.

Because finding a party to do any of the harder old content is now very challenging, so titles especially can be a pain in the butt. Not checked in on zkeys for the 3 points for pvp title in a while, but last I heard those were way pricier, and tormy weds are super pricey too.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Miss Lana.5276 said:

Don't forget the promotional outfits like the one with the bubble tea fiasco.

Hell, there's an outfit that you could only win in a giveaway on a stream. People just conveniently forget that these exist.

I have a dim distant recollection of the mini Mr Sparkles being given out only to people who spent like £80 on gems for a limited time too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Emberfoot.6847 said:

I have a dim distant recollection of the mini Mr Sparkles being given out only to people who spent like £80 on gems for a limited time too.

I remember the green quaggan backpack was given out like that, but now it's in the wardrobe unlock so it's not even exclusive anymore.

On 7/3/2022 at 2:42 AM, Dante.1508 said:

I hope its something worth running around with.. Lately birthdays are very pointless in GW2.. Maybe useful stuff like 32 slot bags or a cool weapon skin that is exclusive to 10 years.

heh

Maybe a free Legendary lol we have been farming/grinding their game for ten years, isn't that a good amount of time to have earned one.

For a title i'd go with something appropriate to 10 years..

You got some pretty substantial rewards just for signing up early. Especiallly cosmetic rewards are substantial in a game in which the endgame largely revolves around cosmetics. I'm still miffed that I can't obtain Bubblegum ingame. I also find this "I've signed up early, so I deserve stuff" argumentation silly. You've already earned the possibility to earn a lot more APs than players who've started late - AP rewards are substantial. If you've played since day 1, you've probably played GW1 and had the opportunity to earn all HoM rewards - something which isn't all that easy nowadays.

In fact, I've never understood this silly birthday reward system GW2 employs. Why can't you just celebrate the games birthday just like every other MMORPG does - by celebrating with all players instead of a select few? The >"Hey, how do you get that?" "Wait 10 years."< argument is pretty much valid here. I do like to get Bubblegum for example. I don't even know if the game still exists in 5~6 years though.

On 7/1/2022 at 3:38 AM, Ashantara.8731 said:

Some people are just utterly shameless. Why should Arena Net give you some of the most substantial endgame rewards and longterm goals just because you've signed up early?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 7/3/2022 at 2:42 AM, Dante.1508 said:

heh

If you were farming/grinding for 10 years, you'd grind plenty of leggies by now though. So maybe you weren't grinding, but just waiting for freebies? 😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

On 5/2/2022 at 9:58 AM, Xelqypla.6817 said:

I never liked exclusive stuff. "Hey, how do you get that?" "Wait 10 years."

Although it would be amusing to run around with the title "Geriatric" in red.

Only if I can make a character named Resident Biden

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

On 7/4/2022 at 5:58 AM, Emberfoot.6847 said:

Because finding a party to do any of the harder old content is now very challenging, so titles especially can be a pain in the butt. Not checked in on zkeys for the 3 points for pvp title in a while, but last I heard those were way pricier, and tormy weds are super pricey too.

1. 7 hero update made the old content solo-able so you don't have to worry about the dead player base

2. Zkeys haven't gone up in price in years. In fact it might be easier now than when I did it over a decade ago because gold zcoins have gained some value.  

3. While ambraces have inflated, tormented weapons still sell around what they were worth in EotN days.

In conclusion: it's not really harder than since EotN released.  And has only gotten easier since the 7h update. 

Edited by Cuddy.6247
  • Like 1

On 7/5/2022 at 3:56 AM, Raizel.8175 said:

You got some pretty substantial rewards just for signing up early. Especiallly cosmetic rewards are substantial in a game in which the endgame largely revolves around cosmetics. I'm still miffed that I can't obtain Bubblegum ingame. I also find this "I've signed up early, so I deserve stuff" argumentation silly. You've already earned the possibility to earn a lot more APs than players who've started late - AP rewards are substantial. If you've played since day 1, you've probably played GW1 and had the opportunity to earn all HoM rewards - something which isn't all that easy nowadays.

In fact, I've never understood this silly birthday reward system GW2 employs. Why can't you just celebrate the games birthday just like every other MMORPG does - by celebrating with all players instead of a select few? The >"Hey, how do you get that?" "Wait 10 years."< argument is pretty much valid here. I do like to get Bubblegum for example. I don't even know if the game still exists in 5~6 years though.

Some people are just utterly shameless. Why should Arena Net give you some of the most substantial endgame rewards and longterm goals just because you've signed up early?

What exactly did we get substantial for signing up early?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1