Chunk of Pure Jade price plummet

22 minutes ago, Silent.6137 said:

How many resins will you get per circuit that takes 10-15 mins? There's a cap of 60 Jade/day but you can easily get them all in less than 5 mins, or gather them as you do events.

About the same, I'd say. I know on a good day with lots of maps closing I got two stacks of resin.

19 minutes ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

Where to find resin: uh ...good question?

I could probably map out the locations since they seem static but that would be more effort than I am willing to spend.

It's already been mapped (not my video, but I used it to learn the route). But fair enough, I suppose – gotta be buyers for anything. 

I suppose the bigger thing is that the DE meta is more lucrative than EW, so people are there anyway.

Edited by Manpag.6421
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

A 7 minute video is not very useful as a map

He has an earlier video using just raptor, which also leaves the full route on screen at the end of the video for several seconds. I screenshotted that and used it as a quick reference. I'd add it here, but I'm not about to re-share someone else's content without permission in a way that completely skips the video they put time into making.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

A 7 minute video is not very useful as a map

Can always use TacO. The latest marker packs has all the possible locations mapped out. However, there's no trails to follow yet, so we'll have to make our own trails.

Unless you're truly familiar with the map, it'll take a lot more time than 6 mins. Bear in mind that a video like that takes lots of preparations. Learn the maps & locations of spawns, practice, practice, practice.. But as he said, he has been making tons of gold on this expansions so it's definitely worth it.

Edited by Silent.6137
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

11 hours ago, Kozumi.5816 said:

Jade will be the same price as Eyes of Kormir / Brandsparks  in a year.

How? They are all not in demand on TP for various reasons but Eyes of Kormir and Pulsing Brandsparks are worth 0c at vendors. Jade will always be worth 2s 56c at vendors even 10 years from now.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 5/22/2022 at 10:18 AM, Kozumi.5816 said:

HoT is also when GW2 made the most revenue. Anet hates money, apparently.

That's not true actually. GW2 made the most before HoT but it was trending down. Then HoT came, a moderate spike happened and then after the downward trend continued even harder. PoF pretty much the same, with the lowest point in Q4 of the 2019 financial year. Since then it's been going up with EoD's peak outgunning both HoT and PoF massively. As in, more than double.

Whether that holds remains to be seen however. That's perhaps why Anet already said that there would be another expansion out. I suspect though that with the limited long-term appeal and them bringing out Season 1 of LS, they might be shooting themselves in the foot again.

1 hour ago, Silent.6137 said:

How? They are all not in demand on TP for various reasons but Eyes of Kormir and Pulsing Brandsparks are worth 0c at vendors. Jade will always be worth 2s 56c at vendors even 10 years from now.

Stop pointing it out, they'll nerf it

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

That's not true actually. GW2 made the most before HoT but it was trending down. Then HoT came, a moderate spike happened and then after the downward trend continued even harder. PoF pretty much the same, with the lowest point in Q4 of the 2019 financial year. Since then it's been going up with EoD's peak outgunning both HoT and PoF massively. As in, more than double.

Whether that holds remains to be seen however. That's perhaps why Anet already said that there would be another expansion out. I suspect though that with the limited long-term appeal and them bringing out Season 1 of LS, they might be shooting themselves in the foot again.

You have a link to something showing that? That would be interesting. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/28/2022 at 8:05 PM, Natedog.7549 said:

You have a link to something showing that? That would be interesting. 

https://kr.ncsoft.com/en/ir/irArchive/earningsRelease.do

the ncsoft quarterly reports. I collate them in an Excel for GW2 so I can track it for fun.

Edit: I used the wrong number for sales in the Q1 report for my graph and ended up with a really high number for what I thought was EoD sales. It seems that EoD sales have not been included yet for some reason though it was released in Q1. So the jury's still out on that. However, I don't see how Anet could "pretend/lied about" that EoD was their best selling expansion. It would be a rather obvious lie to their investors if the numbers don't match up.

Still, my point still stands that the original release of the game was the most profitable time for GW2 and not HoT.

Edited by Gehenna.3625
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Dante.1508 said:

kitten Korea puts huge amounts into Linage O.o

Well, Lineage, with all its iterations, is their (NcSoft's) main IP and makes them the vast majority of their total sales. That's mostly due to the mobile variants mind you, but there it is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 5/22/2022 at 11:09 PM, Silent.6137 said:

If you're going to claim something, then you provide links to prove your points. Not my job to prove it for you.

What you provided is just 1 example , and you take that as proofs? The video does not list in any order of profitability.

Here's a link to show how profitable EoD maps can be: Farm Train

Notice the top 2 profit/hour areas?

I already provided you the link. I don't know how else to tell you this but EOD rewards are pretty terrible in comparison when you take into account gold made per hour.  *Shrugs*. Also lol @ DE the dead map which only handful of guilds run nowdays with requirements that most causal players can't even fulfill. 

Edited by Mickey.4207
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Mickey.4207 said:

I already provided you the link. I don't know how else to tell you this but EOD rewards are pretty terrible in comparison when you take into account gold made per hour.  *Shrugs*. Also lol @ DE the dead map which only handful of guilds run nowdays with requirements that most causal players can't even fulfill. 

Why quote me if you're going to ignore what was said in that quote? The video that you linked does not say what you claim it say; that EoD is bad. It didn't list the profitability in order of most to least either. As I stated previously, many have not realized the full earning potentials of EoD.

Did you even look at the link I posted? That's not my personal data but from a farming community website that many use as reference. Unless you think they fake all the data on their site.

Maybe DE is dead to you because you do not farm there. There's always quite a few different groups running the metas at prime time. And they're all open to casual players.

But if you truly dislike EoD, that's your prerogative. It still doesn't change the facts that EoD maps can be very lucrative for farming.

Edited by Silent.6137
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

10 hours ago, Silent.6137 said:

Why quote me if you're going to ignore what was said in that quote? The video that you linked does not say what you claim it say; that EoD is bad. It didn't list the profitability in order of most to least either. As I stated previously, many have not realized the full earning potentials of EoD.

Did you even look at the link I posted? That's not my personal data but from a farming community website that many use as reference. Unless you think they fake all the data on their site.

Maybe DE is dead to you because you do not farm there. There's always quite a few different groups running the metas at prime time. And they're all open to casual players.

But if you truly dislike EoD, that's your prerogative. It still doesn't change the facts that EoD maps can be very lucrative for farming.

This whole discussion started with your comment that Drizzlewood is empty. You said the same about HOT that it's deserted. I am bored with going back and forth with you. Imagine thinking EOD especially DE is more active that Drizzlewood, Silverwaste or any of the HOT maps. 😂

Edited by Mickey.4207
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Mickey.4207 said:

This whole discussion started with your comment that Drizzlewood is empty. You said the same about HOT that it's deserted. I am bored with going back and forth with you. Imagine thinking EOD especially DE is more active that Drizzlewood, Silverwaste or any of the HOT maps. 😂

Ah, so you have absolutely nothing to back up your claims?

I never said Drizzlewood is always empty. It really helps if you learn to comprehend whar was said. Maps with metas are populated but not if there's none. Players look at LFG and hop maps.

I've been on Drizzlewood maps that's virtually deserted and had to look in LFG to find populated maps

Why? Because players leave those instances to go to more populated maps with commanders. And you called that blatant lies. You obviously haven't play this game very long if that's your experiences.

I go to DE during prime time to do the metas there and the meta maps are always full. If I'd to claim just because of that DE is always full, then I'd be as tunnel-visioned as you: only see what you want to see. Meta maps are full. Non-meta maps are not.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, Mickey.4207 said:

The site lists farms by gold per hour. 

Also the numbers by [fast] for other trains also take into account highly efficient trains; proper builds, high dps, fast movement, maximum tagging. I did a Dragonfall run with them last week and the champ train was so fast many players couldn't tag the champs. Now its different for most other trains where low performance just prolongs the train while DE you miss out on most of the loot.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1