Warclaws were added to the game with a single purpose in mind

To flood the pool of mount skins with ones most players aren't interested in, so they have to buy more gems to get the skins they do want.

This mount's so similar to the jackal it might as well just have been a jackal. Make the jackal usable in WvW, disable its blink, give it the Warclaw's ability in this game mode.

If anything, that would helped to give the Jackal some form of relevance. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 54
  • Sad 2

Really? I thought it was added to give WvW players a mount that makes travelling a bit faster, but your take on this is MIND-BLOWING. 

The comparison with the Jackal is also curious considering each one have unique animations.

Edited by Telgum.6071
/s
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 2

15 minutes ago, Aodlop.1907 said:

This mount's so similar to the jackal it might as well just have been a jackal. Make the jackal usable in WvW, disable its blink, give it the Warclaw's ability in this game mode.

So turn the Jackal into a Warclaw and remove the actual Warclaw? 
Why not just leave things as is? We have the result, no need to invent a new method of reaching it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Telgum.6071 said:

Really? I thought it was added to give WvW players a mount that makes travelling a bit faster,

Which could have been achieved by giving that role to the already underused Jackal, which looks pretty much the same anyway.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 25

3 minutes ago, Aodlop.1907 said:

Which could have been achieved by giving that role to the already underused Jackal, which looks pretty much the same anyway.

Jackal isn't underused. Warclaw is k as a wvw specific mount. It's almost as if you're just trying to force yourself to make a new thread every 2 days 🤨

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 2

25 minutes ago, Aodlop.1907 said:

Maybe for you, I personally prefer a different mount.

6 minutes ago, Aodlop.1907 said:

You guys need to stop using that wide eyes emoji on my posts because they make it seem as though what I'm saying makes no sense when it's, in fact, perfectly logical. 

So your argument is perfectly logical and by effect, the idea of having a exclusive mount for WvW that would have its own animations, sounds and skins, is completely illogical, right?

kitten I love reading these people so full on their own "facts and logic".

Edit yay, found the source of this perfectly logical opinion.

Edited by Telgum.6071
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

"I don't like skins for mounts I don't use or like in a mode I don't play" . There fixed it for you.  

I love my warclaw.  It should be unique, it is lovely as it is, and I adore my saberclaw skin.  The jackal is more than relevant, ride what you like.   This is a fun and frivolous troll of a post.  Dear diary, I woke up angry that warclaws don't blink when I hit spacebar....

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

People use that emoji, because your post in fact makes zero sense.

90%+ of the time, it's abused as a dislike button, not because people are confused.

That aside, I definitely think Warclaw is a decent addition and should not be removed. The mount-related issue that should be removed is the RNG behind acquiring mount skins. Just let players choose and buy the skins they want.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

50 minutes ago, Farohna.6247 said:

and I adore my saberclaw skin. 

Your Saberclaw skin could be a Jackal skin is what I'm saying. There was never a need for two mounts when they're so similar and one could have achieved the purpose of the other.

Edited by Aodlop.1907
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 26

6 minutes ago, Aodlop.1907 said:

Your Saberclaw skin could be a Jackal skin is what I'm saying. There was never a need for two mounts when they're so similar and one could have achieved the purpose of the other.

But why.  They are separate mounts for different purposes.  The warclaw pulls down walls.  The jackal is mobile and blinks.  It was an incentive to get people to play WvW, since running on foot gets boring.  They really aren't similar.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Aodlop.1907 said:

You're correct! Let's remove the Jackal and make the Raptor look and act like the Jackal! They are so similiar, both run and jump. We should also remove the Skyscale and just make the Griffon look like one and do what a Skyscale can! There is no need for two mounts when they are so similiar.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 9
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, ASP.8093 said:

Hmm. No. I don't think that's why.

Sometimes people are correct. Other times, such as now, they are not. That is fine and you have nothing to be ashamed of.

Edited by Aodlop.1907
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 19
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Aodlop.1907 said:

Sometimes people are correct. Other times, such as now, they are not. That is fine and you have nothing to be ashamed of.

Sometimes people are correct. Other times, such as now, they are not. That is fine and you have nothing to be ashamed of.

• Like 5
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Aodlop.1907 said:

25 minutes ago, Sarius.9285 said:

sure it is. Besides the portals it has 0 actual use, sure in theory it's faster than the raptor uphill, but no one actually swaps to the jackal for that 

Jackal is the second-most used mount for me after skyscale.  I almost never use the raptor.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Jackal is the second-most used mount for me after skyscale.  I almost never use the raptor.

Same, but we're in the minority. Usually, when there's a discussion about a mount, folks bring up the Jackal. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 14

1 hour ago, Sarius.9285 said:

sure it is.

No, it's not.

Besides the portals it has 0 actual use, sure in theory it's faster than the raptor uphill,

Thanks for proving yourself wrong in the same post sentence.

but no one actually swaps to the jackal for that 

That's also just wrong. Not everyone swaps? Sure. But that's different than what you've just said in order to pretend it's somehow underused (or has no reason to be used).

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 9
  • Confused 2