Trying to do a heart where dust drops - prepare to be called out

As well as the dust farm spot in Ascalon that interferes with the completion of a heart (no, I do not want to throw something like 20 pieces of stone into the water to progress it), I've now been called out for letting an event complete. This was in Blazeridge Steppes. As well as doing map completion, I grab karma when I can. Yes, I ended up with an annoyed farmer. The positive from this is that clearly a number of farmers are not afk at all.

At what point will the amount of farming in this game be deemed too great? The areas being farmed, where mobs contribute to hearts/events, are expanding in size. 

How about creating a land area where mobs drop what the farmers want, and no other player will want to be there because it's boring. And then let them all farm there and be out of the way of the rest of us.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 9

As mildly irritating as I find the afk farmers, especially at that wall heart, I have completed that heart over 80 times and quite literally never even had anyone say a single word.  You were most likely just extremely unlucky to hit someone having a bad day. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, mythical.6315 said:

Throwing the stones into the water progresses the heart faster than killing the ghosts. 

Personally I use the afk farmers, by tagging the mobs as I cannon the wall and lob in the rocks. That said I absolutely always do the event OP is referencing when it is up, as events are often an even better way of filling hearts. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, mythical.6315 said:

Throwing the stones into the water progresses the heart faster than killing the ghosts. 

It doesn't get you drops off the mobs. Which you can kill as part of progressing the heart. If you can manage to hit any of them.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

To the OP I know exactly where you mean in Blazeridge. I've had the same thing happen in the past. Event was up. Did it. Got a whisper from someone claiming I had ruined their farm spot and that they were going to report me. I replied "sure go ahead I'm sure Anet will love the fact that you've reported someone for completing an event as intended". Blocked and carried on my way.

Ignore them. The game also doesnt require "farming maps" or areas.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, alphafert.6730 said:

If this was yesterday Blazeridge was especially farmy. 

I wonder if the AFK farmers are having problems competing with the bots in Iron Marches, and have to find new areas to farm as an alternative. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2