Who ok'd the dungeon currency/item decision?

Anet made very clear years ago (by actually telling that to us directly), that their intention was to make people stop doing dungeons. I don't think complaining that the dungeon currency unification made some paths even less likely to be run is going to persuade them to change the course - it's what they wanted in the first place, after all.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

On 6/15/2022 at 2:23 AM, The Boz.2038 said:

If anything, the change made the title more prestigious. 

Making something that once required you to farm every dungeon for its specific gear to farming whichever dungeons you want for that same gear does not increase prestige. You have it backwards. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

58 minutes ago, mythical.6315 said:

Making something that once required you to farm every dungeon for its specific gear to farming whichever dungeons you want for that same gear does not increase prestige. You have it backwards. 

You still have to do each dungeon path of said dungeon to unlock the gear dont you?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

You still have to do each dungeon path of said dungeon to unlock the gear dont you?

Which is considerably less than doing the dungeon exponentially more times to farm the currency. Surely you can see that, right?  It’s not like you can get 10,290 currency just from doing each path once…

Edited by mythical.6315
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, mythical.6315 said:

Which is considerably less than doing the dungeon exponentially more times to farm the currency. Surely you can see that, right?  It’s not like you can get 10,290 currency just from doing each path once…

No but 8 paths got you a chest of dungeonering with a choice of tokens before so you could still get it without doing said paths over time.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I agree, this change was not a smart one. Now nobody ever has to run Arah or any of the other dungeons again. Quick trip through Ascalonian Catacombs and good to go. I would love to see Dungeons have more rewards and actually be content that people want to do. This is the only game I've played where dungeons suck and nobody cares about them. 
Now people care even less about them because we converted all of the currencies into one. Why?
Yeah there are a lot of currencies in the game but if the goal was to kill dungeons, congratulations!

• Confused 1

57 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

No but 8 paths got you a chest of dungeonering with a choice of tokens before so you could still get it without doing said paths over time.

Backtracking a little but it doesn’t prove that the dungeon token change made the title more prestigious. Yes, you can get a whopping 150 currency from that chest. 

Rather than go back and forth with you, since you’re insistent on me being wrong, please prove that the currency change make that title more prestigious. 

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dungeoneer

Edited by mythical.6315
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, The Boz.2038 said:

Prestige is increased by, among other things, rarity. How is this difficult to understand?

How would it be rarer if you no longer have to farm the 10,290 currency from each of the dungeons but instead primary from a dungeon like AC?

How is that difficult to understand?

The update lumped all of the currency together under a single currency. Players who are to complete the Arah collection no longer need to farm Arah and can instead do AC. And now you and Linken are stating that being able to do this makes the title more prestigious…

Just like my request to Linken, please prove how this change makes the title more prestigious. 

Edited by mythical.6315
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, mythical.6315 said:

How would it be rarer if you no longer have to farm the 10,290 currency from each of the dungeons but instead primary from a dungeon like AC?

The update lumped all of the currency together under a single currency. Players who are to complete the Arah collection no longer need to farm Arah and can instead do AC. And now you and Linken are stating that being able to do this makes the title more prestigious…

Just like my request to Linken, please prove how this change makes the title more prestigious. 

Because people will do Ac or other easy dungeons paths instead of doing arah so you wont get the paths done at all obviously

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, mythical.6315 said:

We are talking about titles... gained through playing all the dungeons... which becomes more rare if people aren't "playing all the dungeons all the time"...

Where did you get lost?

• Confused 1

49 minutes ago, The Boz.2038 said:

We are talking about titles... gained through playing all the dungeons... which becomes more rare if people aren't "playing all the dungeons all the time"...

Where did you get lost?

I’m not the one that’s lost. Have you looked at the dungeoneer title which was brought up at all?

Also keep in mind that we’re comparing the system before to the system now. Don’t mix and match aspects of the systems like a Linken appeared to be doing. 

Edited by mythical.6315
  • Confused 2

• 2 months later...

Honest whole materials and currency system is garbage here you have way too much stuff and way too much not needed materials recpies and other not needed complication espesly for new players big mistake made by developers of game realy this way is easy to keep away players or make them flustrated i was trying to find any exaples of recipes or other mythic forge for example i never did get wtf to do with it to have some good use of it.

and there is more and more and more every expansion and smaller dlc like if you reduce all of them to half of materials game would be more nice and easy to play

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 6/23/2022 at 9:44 PM, mythical.6315 said:

Which then makes it less prestigious as you're only doing AC or other easy paths… obviously 

How do you get said title if people refuse to play Arah and only do easy path?

If you cant get said title it get more prestigous should be pretty easy to understand.

• Confused 1

I honestly do not see a huge issue here. You could say that the raid currency consolidation did the same thing...but honestly, those who want to play certain raids still play them. Those who are just farming LI or magnetite will always just do the easiest ones for as much as they can get away with it. Less diversified currency, especially in older content is fine. I'd rather see actively played "easy" dungeons, since yes players will be funneled there, than a newer player trying to find a group for Arah to farm currency for example. Having a Daily Dungeon category (something like the living world daily categories, not-the-once and while pve daily) would also be nice.

Most new players are not going to engage hardcore with dungeon content because for the past few years it has been hard to find groups, especially those that are not speed running. It's much more likely a player will be able to complete one dungeon path, and thus gain access to that dungeons collections. That dungeons are not very popular, makes farming them harder than they were in the past. To get the dungeoneer title 8 years ago was a challenge, to get it now could be impossible unless you find a dungeon running group.

For those who are deadset on farming dungeons, or have farmed them until now, I'm pretty it doesn't really matter. A LOT of dungeons have been trivialized with skips and strategies.

The better design decision would be that all dungeons are interesting and fun and people want to play them. But as it was before, the majority of players never really touched most of them anyway. Adding "unique" rare and sellable drops from certain dungeons could be cool though. Then the least played dungeons could offer an RNG chance of a high reward due to rarity. Maybe some kind of infusions, weapon skin, minis, etc.

Unrelated, but I'd like to see an "embolded" system for the story missions only of each dungeon so new players can solo them and experience the Destiny's Edge story arch more seamlessly as they work through the personal story. Rewards are bleh for story mode anyway, so I can't really see it being abused beyond someone maybe farming Dungeon Frequenter.

Edited by firedragon.8953

Just chiming in to say that Dungeoneer, much like Voice in the Void, never had much prestige to begin with. I got Dungeoneer long before the change and I can probably count with both hands the amount of times I've cleared any Arah path, SE P2, or HotW P2,3. People who got their title with WvW, PvP or wardrobe unlocks played dungeons even less than I did.

4 hours ago, Myriada.7580 said:

Just chiming in to say that Dungeoneer, much like Voice in the Void, never had much prestige to begin with. I got Dungeoneer long before the change and I can probably count with both hands the amount of times I've cleared any Arah path, SE P2, or HotW P2,3. People who got their title with WvW, PvP or wardrobe unlocks played dungeons even less than I did.

Well you have to complete each path atleast once right?

26 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Well you have to complete each path atleast once right?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Before you could skip the particularly hard and annoying paths and ignore entire dungeons entirely and still get the associated skins. Now you can keep doing that through WvW, PvP and wardrobe unlocks. If you actually do the dungeons you might even have to do a bit of work now.

1 hour ago, Myriada.7580 said:

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Before you could skip the particularly hard and annoying paths and ignore entire dungeons entirely and still get the associated skins. Now you can keep doing that through WvW, PvP and wardrobe unlocks. If you actually do the dungeons you might even have to do a bit of work now.

The thing people say will have more prestige in this thread is the Dungeon Master title.

For that you have to play all dungeon paths atleast once and with the currency being made the same it will be harder to get people to play certain paths.

10 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

The thing people say will have more prestige in this thread is the Dungeon Master title.

For that you have to play all dungeon paths atleast once and with the currency being made the same it will be harder to get people to play certain paths.

? Only one person has mentioned Dungeon Master until now, everyone else is talking about the farming of tokens to buy skins for Dungeoneer. Still, the unpopular paths were already unpopular enough that even if you ignored their existence you could still get everything, and you still can. Doing them once in your entire playtime won't populate them any more than what they used to be ran.

Edited by Myriada.7580
accidentally submitted before I finished typing

What is this thread.... anyone defending the Author definitely doesn't play dungeons. No one does them for the currency they do them for the achievement.

I mean if you need the currency for what ever reason then you would do anything that is the LFG including an Arah run.

I will tell the secret why, Dungeons are super easy and almost any braindead build can do them. If all you do all day is play them then you would jump on the chance to help someone else do them.

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Like 1