Do you trust the next balance patch and its change to banners?

Shinja.3451

21 minutes ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

I still can't get over the fact that ANet said: "Warriors have been telling us for years that they don't want to be banner slaves. We hear you!"

So... They are going to rework banners. And probably tie them to the quickness support that they plan to give warrior.

The practical result of which will be.... Wait for it.... That warrior will have to take banners. 

Wouldn't it make more sense to, idk, rework shouts, or warhorn, or the tactics line if the idea was to diversify Warrior's support identity away from banners? Just saying. 

Shh that would make too much sense.

Honestly though there is an opportunity to decouple the DPS and support builds. They can then buff the DPS build without also buffing the banner build.

We'll see what BS they cook up first though.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 6/19/2022 at 7:29 PM, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Basically this.

Warrior doesn't have a three/four button combo you can memorize and continually cast for the illusion of skillful play, so a lot of people equate it to a simplistic, newbie oriented class that just exists as a dumb group filler that is meant to be abandoned when players learn how the basic combat system works. Then when a warrior manages to kill them because the warrior knew the person's kit better than they did, there's a huge problem with its (damage/cc/healing/cleanse). 

As much as people try to avoid acknowledging it though, it's pretty widely accepted at this point that the current class state for Warrior is bad.  Otherwise, there would be more whining about Bladesworn, because it is specifically a more obnoxious version of healbreaker/healing signet/might makes right/adrenal health, all of which got nerfed because people were upset that they couldn't outdamage a basic class healing at 350hp per second or whatever it was. People can't whine about it without acknowledging that it's the only thing they don't immediately win against that has a warrior-associated icon right now. 

Be careful with that combo statement, eles are dependent on those for basic survival, never mind damage. I play an ele secondary and have seen this first hand. But yes, I get your point. Certain classes have their "I win" buttons, especially the new ones that are out now.

Also, you're right on the money on bladesworn. People SCREECHED back when Adrenal Health and Healing Signet were at their peak, yet bladesworn is even more broken than that. It's really telling that people don't complain about it. That tells me they KNOW. They know the state of this class. Even so, bladesworn is a shaky and cobbled trait line, as is. There's only a few key traits that allow it to put out those ridiculous healing numbers. Without those, bladesworn pretty much just collapses.

I guess they'll go with the lowest effort possible, we are talking about warrior after all. Keep the banner buffs unique but let them apply only to the warrior, then add some pulsing quickness around the banners; maybe via some trait and not baseline. Then tweak the banner stats so that you still get enough stats to keep your dps high enough, despite the concentration stat investment. I dunno if they'll cover both condi and power bannerslaves though...

• Warrior: Banner skills have been overhauled to provide boons. Through deploying banners, an update to warhorn’s Charge skill, and the Tactics trait Martial Cadence, warriors can provide quickness to allies.

From today's studio update.

With "deploying banners" it's most likely going to be "quickness upon placing the banner", replacing the Swiftness from Doubled Standards. But that's just guessing, we'll see on Friday how it sits.

I'm hopeful that they take a page from "Feel My Wrath!" where the self Quickness is doubled (2.5s allies and 5s self baseline would be tasty) and I'm still holding hope for pulsing quickness upon traited but we'll see.

I'm really interested in the Martial Cadence bit, especially if Warhorn provides quickness + the 3s CD reduction from using a burst skill it could really work as the "support commander" line it always should have been. I'd like for Marching Orders to be reapplied on weapon swap or some way to regain it and chain it, but that might be getting a bit greedy on my part.

•  

Trust? No. Hope? Maybe...

There is this Anet_Solar guy on reddit, who seems to be nice. Their replies about balance stuff kinda gave me glimpse of hope. It's always nice to see some more information about balancing which is non-existent here on official forums.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cryorion.9532 said:

Trust? No. Hope? Maybe...

There is this Anet_Solar guy on reddit, who seems to be nice. Their replies about balance stuff kinda gave me glimpse of hope. It's always nice to see some more information about balancing which is non-existent here on official forums.

I haven't seen any post by this Anet_Solar guy mentioning anything regarding the sorry state that Warrior is in.

All I see is just mention of boons and banners. So Anet probably still think Warrior in a very good spot.

Edited by God.5728
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Kalthea.4326 said:

Honestly, we need to get one of the ANET devs to sit down and play warrior all the way from level 1 to 80, gearing in the process and trying to do all types of content so that they can fully understand where the issues lie with the class

I think CmC should be that dev, and once 80, built & geared, send him off to do some WvW/PvP. Make sure there are plenty of Necros and Guards of all stripes (which should be a given along with all the other regulars), and see what changes start dropping in the 6 months following.

Edited by Duglaive.5236
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Duglaive.5236 said:

I think CmC should be that dev, and once 80, built & geared, send him off to do some WvW/PvP. Make sure there are plenty of Necros and Guards of all stripes (which should be a given along with all the other regulars), and see what changes start dropping in 6 months or so.

Having a developer sit down and look at things from the perspective of a player, without their tools and KnowledgeBase, helps to highlight pain points. I would also emphasize that they couldn't use Greatsword or Axes/Maces or any of the meta builds, just to really emphasize how zoned in the specs are for warrior. Heck, even the condi dps build for warrior which uses sword only really uses it for the burst skills and torch, the sword is just there for some good movement and passive bleed ticks.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Kalthea.4326 said:

Honestly, we need to get one of the ANET devs to sit down and play warrior all the way from level 1 to 80, gearing in the process and trying to do all types of content so that they can fully understand where the issues lie with the class

That would require effort however, much easier to just remove Warrior from the game by messing with the only thing that gets us groups. 

3 minutes ago, Gorem.8104 said:

That would require effort however, much easier to just remove Warrior from the game by messing with the only thing that gets us groups. 

We still have yet to see how it turns out. Honestly, I'm hoping for a functionality change, but we'll see what they say later today.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Gorem.8104 said:

Is it though? I guess they'd have to remove at least some code. To disable the option to choose it for a new character, at the very least. Even that might be too big of a challenge. And prevent you from logging on on your warrior, so you'd have to be able to transfer your inventory... Or maybe your character would get auto-converted to ranger (closest thing anyway)...

Didn't read that through. Yeah that makes sense actually. Save some effort now, remove unique crap and remove war too.

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, God.5728 said:

I haven't seen any post by this Anet_Solar guy mentioning anything regarding the sorry state that Warrior is in.

All I see is just mention of boons and banners. So Anet probably still think Warrior in a very good spot.

I guess I was wrong... 😞

13 hours ago, Kalthea.4326 said:

We still have yet to see how it turns out. Honestly, I'm hoping for a functionality change, but we'll see what they say later today.

Copium. These changes are final, they realized reworking stuff at this point means completely redesigning all classes, so they gave up.

From now on until servers shut down you either play Guardian, Necro or Revenant; or reroll the game.

1 minute ago, ManaPotato.3279 said:

Copium. These changes are final, they realized reworking stuff at this point means completely redesigning all classes, so they gave up.

From now on until servers shut down you either play Guardian, Necro or Revenant; or reroll the game.

I wasn't wrong, they did do a functionality change. But it's not great. If these banners work like they did on launch, where your entire weapon kit is overtaken by a useless kit, then banners are 100% dead.

4 minutes ago, Kalthea.4326 said:

I wasn't wrong, they did do a functionality change. But it's not great. If these banners work like they did on launch, where your entire weapon kit is overtaken by a useless kit, then banners are 100% dead.

Entire classes have been dead on arrival for YEARS. Heck even game modes.

Let's be honest, this game is done.

• Like 5

On 6/24/2022 at 5:36 AM, Gorem.8104 said:

Someone needs to start a post "so with the upcoming balance patch that is removing Warriors from the game, what class are you re-rolling to?" 

I guess when I made this post yesterday, I should have stated instead "Guardian, Harb or Mechanist, which class are you re-rolling to?" 

3 minutes ago, Gorem.8104 said:

I guess when I made this post yesterday, I should have stated instead "Guardian, Harb or Mechanist, which class are you re-rolling to?" 

Rerolling to? I came to war cause playing guard is mind-numbingly boring. Game just hands you out everything.

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Like 1