Quickness Role:

Lan Deathrider.5910

2 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Maybe. I think they are giving two ways to do it. Martial Cadence plus warhorn, or banners. All three for no BD gameplay. We'll see how they change them functionally though.

Like I said though, immobile banners are dead to me even if they have quickness. Some other poor fool can take them then.

I doubt functional changes are being done. They weren't even mentioned in this rework. And even if they were included, that is not a reason to accept this shite sandwich. Nope. Not happening.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, anbujackson.9564 said:

Playing that without a pistol would be quite bad for your dps.

Warhorn does more damage than pistol. I posted this in the Bladesworn feedback thread, but that thread is bloated. I am running warhorn right now on my Bladesworn (PvE raid/strike/fractal), but would much like for pistol to get a 40% damage boost with x6 projectile finishers to be competitive.

5 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Banners is boons, in the plural, so might on strength, fury on discipline, regen and maybe vigor on tactics, and defense could be protection but could also have resolution. Battle Standard will remain as is. Banner trait will make them also pulse quickness.

Yo if a source of regeneration is coming, heal warrior can finally happen. If they actually thought of enabling healquick warrior, the banner quickness source is the only option because the shoutheal trait competes with Martial Cadence. So I think I'm gonna bet that a healquick will take a banner (or two) and a warhorn, while a dpsquick can take Martial Cadence and a warhorn (or a banner, but hopefully the warhorn will still have the DPS component for Bladesworns). 

2 minutes ago, Rishnock.6230 said:

Warhorn does more damage than pistol. I posted this in the Bladesworn feedback thread, but that thread is bloated. I am running warhorn right now on my Bladesworn (PvE raid/strike/fractal), but would much like for pistol to get a 40% damage boost with x6 projectile finishers to be competitive.

Yo if a source of regeneration is coming, heal warrior can finally happen. If they actually thought of enabling healquick warrior, the banner quickness source is the only option because the shoutheal trait competes with Martial Cadence. So I think I'm gonna bet that a healquick will take a banner (or two) and a warhorn, while a dpsquick can take Martial Cadence and a warhorn (or a banner, but hopefully the warhorn will still have the DPS component for Bladesworns). 

Yeah, it will be interesting to see the numbers on Friday and see what we will come up with.

36 minutes ago, Rishnock.6230 said:

Please enlighten me. As a warrior main who have been playing mainly Bladesworn, how does Warhorn do more damage over Pistol? 😅

Though I mainly use offhand axe so I can't comment much on Pistol but I know the point blank shot is good for building up fierce as fire stacks and a respectable on demand burst damage.

Still, having to sacrifice offhand axe spin for a warhorn and not even sure yet if we have to sacrifice damage stats (berserker) for (diviners) to actually make quickness last for more than 1 second.

Knowing Anet, I don't have high hopes for the Warrior changes. Harbingers shits out quickness automatically in shroud. Firebrands shits out quickness just by doing their regular rotation. Warrior gotta do that 1 second delay cast animations to deploy banners and now lose their off-hand weapon for a warhorn?🤔

Edited by God.5728

2 minutes ago, God.5728 said:

Please enlighten me. As a warrior main who have been playing mainly Bladesworn, how does Warhorn do more damage over Pistol? 😅

Warhorn 4 has the same activation time as pistol 5. (other 2 skills are not worth mentioning for their damage).

Their CD is also the same, assuming pistol 4 is in the rotation.

Warhorn 4 can be cashed in on dragonslash. If dragonslash hits for 160,000, then warhorn 4 does 40,000.

I am unable to get more than about 30,000 from pistol 5, but it sure is a lot more fun to press.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

If they removed the stats on Banners then there is room to improve things elsewhere, especially if the support build involves having both tactics and discipline.

OK, but that room already exists without the support implementations, so I don't see it triggering that kind of thinking with the devs. I expect if we do get DPS boosts because of support warrior implemenations, it's actually IN Tactics and Discipline where you have to make meaningful choices between DPS and support. We can see that in other classes as well. The trade offs are in the trait choices. I simply don't see implementing support features as a reason for Anet to dole out more DPS on non-support warrior builds as some kind of compensation.  

But hey, I'm still crossing my fingers Anet decouples critting and Condi from Arms as a completely separate exercise in their aim to boost underused stuff. I'm also thinking if Anet is serious about the condi Berserker build as an option, something will need to be done there too. Warhorn is going to massively outclass almost every offhand for offense based on the little information we have been given. 

Edited by Obtena.7952

4 hours ago, Rishnock.6230 said:

Warhorn 4 has the same activation time as pistol 5. (other 2 skills are not worth mentioning for their damage).

Their CD is also the same, assuming pistol 4 is in the rotation.

Warhorn 4 can be cashed in on dragonslash. If dragonslash hits for 160,000, then warhorn 4 does 40,000.

I am unable to get more than about 30,000 from pistol 5, but it sure is a lot more fun to press.

That math doesnt work out as simple as that. You loose damage from FaF since pistol is important for the uptime. Warhorn 4 can only be used on every second dragonslash, ,while you spam pistol after every burst pretty much. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

As long as they dont force us to play Memesworn, it should be ok?

Ha, just wait, I can see them taking away the ability to pick up banners to reset cooldowns and replacing it with ammo counts on banners just to force more people to play BS (most appropriate elite spec abbreviation ever.)

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Mungrul.9358 said:

Ha, just wait, I can see them taking away the ability to pick up banners to reset cooldowns and replacing it with ammo counts on banners just to force more people to play BS (most appropriate elite spec abbreviation ever.)

Wait and see that Unyielding Dragon becomes AoE Might. So if you want to play the Boons role, you need to play Disc/Tactic/Sworn.

6 hours ago, felix.2386 said:

why would you play this when you can play qFB

Depending on what happens to Warrior once the numbers are out, I might actually decide to finally drop Warrior once and for all and go Qfb or Qherald.

What's holding me back is that I like my Charr Warrior a lot and it is my main. My Guardian is a Norn and Rev is a Human. (I used different races back then so I could experience all the different race stories) I never thought that the class disparity would be this huge this back then when I created these characters. I have read a lot of bad things about Warrior treatment from old posts but I never expected that 10 years later Warrior is still getting the same old Warrior treatment from the old Anet days.

I came to the game never expecting Warrior to always get shafted by Anet like a despised stepchild while Guardian is Anet's golden child. (looking at Guardian getting a signet buff)

What about all the outdated garbage warrior skills like stances that no one uses? Hello Anet?

Edited by God.5728

1 hour ago, Mungrul.9358 said:

Anet knew what they were doing.

Just like Antique Summoning Stones.

BS. Bannerslave. It was their plan all along.

Also, quickness doesn't even make you charge Dragon Slash faster. 😒

Edited by God.5728

3 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Wait and see that Unyielding Dragon becomes AoE Might. So if you want to play the Boons role, you need to play Disc/Tactic/Sworn.

Yeah. I wasn't going tp be the one to type it, but they say 'deploy' not 'summon' as we currently do. So to me that says they changed the mechanics of banners completely. I bet that they are ammo skills now just so that BSW has some other build to prop it up with TR.

Ammo based banners would be a better QoL though if the CD between uses is 5s and a recharge of 20s ish with not having to pick them up ever again. Would also be nice if they did damage upon summoning again.

UD getting AoE might would break things, so I hope that does not happen. 

4 hours ago, anbujackson.9564 said:

That math doesnt work out as simple as that. You loose damage from FaF since pistol is important for the uptime. Warhorn 4 can only be used on every second dragonslash, ,while you spam pistol after every burst pretty much. 

FaF you can upkeep with spamming Gunsaber skills and shouts. So if Dragon's Roar isn't needed for it, then another OH that can deal more damage is a smarter choice. That said I'd like to see a DPS comparison on the Golem between the two builds.

21 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Yeah. I wasn't going tp be the one to type it, but they say 'deploy' not 'summon' as we currently do. So to me that says they changed the mechanics of banners completely. I bet that they are ammo skills now just so that BSW has some other build to prop it up with TR.

Ammo based banners would be a better QoL though if the CD between uses is 5s and a recharge of 20s ish with not having to pick them up ever again. Would also be nice if they did damage upon summoning again.

UD getting AoE might would break things, so I hope that does not happen. 

Im at Step 5 of Grief. Depression.

Im willing to go to the next step. Testing. If Anet actually makes LoLsworn usefull/Fun.

34 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

FaF you can upkeep with spamming Gunsaber skills and shouts. So if Dragon's Roar isn't needed for it, then another OH that can deal more damage is a smarter choice. That said I'd like to see a DPS comparison on the Golem between the two builds.

You dont have room for shouts since you either play banners or signets/flow. Dropping signets means you loose dps. Gunsaber skills are a dps loss also. If you start wasting damage like that, the additional 25% for one attack wont change anything. And by the way: In the benchmark video a pistol 5 with 6 ammo did up to almost 50k damage, not including pistol 4. So yeah. Lets assume your dragonslash does 160k damage, 25% more would be 40k. Thats already a net dps loose, not even considering the facts mentioned.

For reference the video (tactical reload is the second part):

If they would be remotely close, then people would already have shown such benchmarks to be honest, especially since warhorn was commonly used somewhat in the beta phases.

10 minutes ago, anbujackson.9564 said:

You dont have room for shouts since you either play banners or signets/flow. Dropping signets means you loose dps. Gunsaber skills are a dps loss also. If you start wasting damage like that, the additional 25% for one attack wont change anything. And by the way: In the benchmark video a pistol 5 with 6 ammo did up to almost 50k damage, not including pistol 4. So yeah. Lets assume your dragonslash does 160k damage, 25% more would be 40k. Thats already a net dps loose, not even considering the facts mentioned.

For reference the video (tactical reload is the second part):

If they would be remotely close, then people would already have shown such benchmarks to be honest, especially since warhorn was commonly used somewhat in the beta phases.

Yes, but where is the warhorn video to actually compare it? There are assumptions here on warhorn's performance, but no video of a rotation that breaks 40k dps.

4 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Yes, but where is the warhorn video to actually compare it? There are assumptions here on warhorn's performance, but no video of a rotation that breaks 40k dps.

The assumption was that warhorn is better than pistol, which is flat out wrong. If you already loose damage on the first dragonslash, then that difference will only get bigger. Again, you cant use horn 4 on every slash, only every 2nd at the most.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, anbujackson.9564 said:

The assumption was that warhorn is better than pistol, which is flat out wrong. If you already loose damage on the first dragonslash, then that difference will only get bigger. Again, you cant use horn 4 on every slash, only every 2nd at the most.

I think the assumption was that the damage boost from WH4 on DS is greater than the DPS of Pistol5 which has the same CD for max charges which would take that second dragon slash not having the damage boost into account. I'm not saying I'm sold on it, I want to see the benchmark.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I think the assumption was that the damage boost from WH4 on DS is greater than the DPS of Pistol5 which has the same CD for max charges which would take that second dragon slash not having the damage boost into account. I'm not saying I'm sold on it, I want to see the benchmark.

I guess we will never know then 😉