Lol. Warhorn change

JunkJunk.8971

4 hours ago, Kalthea.4326 said:

Yes. Unironically yes. If the desired outcome of a boon is to have it up 100% of the time, and that is an achievable ideal, then there is no point in that boon being applicable since you're just going to have it up all of the time.

If you could do that without making choices, you would have a point. I'm no fan of the boon spam direction this game has taken BUT, it still requires you to build and play the builds correctly to achieve it. 

So the point? I would say it's giving people options to play their desired classes in different ways for various situations and content. People might not like all those options, but at least they are there. That's never a bad thing in an MMO. 

Edited by Obtena.7952

2 hours ago, Pati.2438 said:

No no. Their words where rly that they buff fury from now 20% up to 25%. Besides this they also buff some traitskills with a +5% precision Bonus. But well we will see where exactly they will do this xd

Oh yeah this is what I exactly mean, sure they buff the fury from 20 to 25% later on then give 5% to spec trait but... the thing is I really doubt they will put it in Strength/Disc traitline which is mostly used by the Power Variant. They will put it to "Arms" which power version never use because the arms description is "Critical and Condition"

In other word if the old crit chance is 20 (fury)+10 (banner) total 30%, on the new one we will get only 25% fury because the other 5% will be placed on the spec where power variant never use 😂

7 hours ago, Kalthea.4326 said:

Now it's just "apply all boons permanently, go hit bad guy"

Yeah I don't get their design goals with this perma boon garbage. If you baseline have all boons and it takes 0 effort to make a composition to have all boons... what is the point?

But anyway, on point... There is this spb I mirror dueled a lot, last time I saw them duel they were on bladesworn with axe and warhorn. Maybe if quickness gets added (and they don't remove the dmg buff from charge... which I totally expect them to do) maybe that gets better.

I'm going to wait until Friday to make a final judgement call for myself if this patch is actually alright or if it's just typical Anet, because just a glimpse preview of it is making me want to take another break from the game out of sheer let down expectation. I understand where everyone is coming from though, buffs in any form are good from the looks of it in PVE , , and in some cases might be a downgrade. 

WvW/Spvp however, the mounting frustration is really just, they're shoving more support warrior stuff where it wasn't really needed instead of fixing some the actual things issues like defense line(where certain traits were intentionally broken with absurd ICDs and left that way for many years)  and majority of formerly used utilities/skills/and traits, or addressing the fact whole weapon sets just getting straight up overnerfed because of some bad blanket changes. 

Edited by Lucentfir.7430
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

Just want to say that I called the quickness on charge (warhorn 4) 😜

Depending on how much quickness it provides (and whether or not you need the WH trait to get it), WH could become a legitimate contender for offhand weapon of choice. 

Sounds like quickness on banners will just be tied to Double Standards trait. Also sounds like banners will still be "deployed" on the ground like they currently are. If so, they will likely still be useless in competitive. Maybe if one of them gives pulsing stab or something it could see use in a Zerg or in a team fight on a node... 

Deployed, not summoned as they currently are. Could be something completely different. Like a Banner deploying out of your backplate and hanging out on your back. It it still said 'summon' I would assume it was the same mechanics, but deploy could mean anything.

52 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Deployed, not summoned as they currently are. Could be something completely different. Like a Banner deploying out of your backplate and hanging out on your back. It it still said 'summon' I would assume it was the same mechanics, but deploy could mean anything.

This is very optimistic hopium. I wish you are right but I doubt it because that would make too much sense for Anet.

But I really wish they remove that annoying 1 second cast time animation where you 'summon' the banner so it works like Firebrand where all their quickness is instantaneous.

Edited by God.5728

1 minute ago, God.5728 said:

This is very optimistic hopium. I wish you are right but I doubt it because it would make too much sense for Anet.

I know. I really just want to not have to ever pick a banner up. Just get it out, let it do its thing, and let me use it again faster than once a minute. If I can use them every 15-20s then I don't think I'll care if they are immobile, but if it is still the summon, pickup re-summon BS then Anet needs to rethink why warrior's hate Bannerslave.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, oscuro.9720 said:

Guys, we literally don’t know what the changes even are, calm the kitten down.

the type of changes they make is completely predictable if you played long enough, they only surprised me for like 2-3 times since release. 

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

Meanwhile guard still gets to enjoy +40% from righteousness instincts, and Necro gets +33% (and 300 ferocity) from death perception. But hey, +5% isn't bad, right? 🤣🥺😭

also watch guard get +30% fury because righteousness instincts is also a crit line. xD

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Well, Solar is on the newer side right? Perhaps he will be making some changes that surprise us.

I guess I question if he's much more than a mouthpiece, the "messenger-to-be-shot" as it were. Being the FNG and all.

That being (negatively) said, I do have hope that your, and others like oscuro, positivity bears fruit.

17 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

35% in PvE even.

Don't Ranger and Renegade of traits that double Fury's crit chance?

You mean revenant? For Core there is trait which can double your fury effectiveness, I think on devastation line.

For the renegade spec if you are on full endurance gain 33% crit chance. Normally that core trait picked by herald on wvw, renegade never take those.

3 hours ago, DKRathalos.9625 said:

You mean revenant? For Core there is trait which can double your fury effectiveness, I think on devastation line.

For the renegade spec if you are on full endurance gain 33% crit chance. Normally that core trait picked by herald on wvw, renegade never take those.

Rolling Mists yeah. I was misremembering because Renegade also has Brutal Momentum for an extra 33% crit chance.