Game Update Notes Preview: Profession Skills

Rubi Bayer.8493

31 minutes ago, Maulclaw.4365 said:

Lol, no.

if ur saying no, u prolly havent tried alot of the MMORPGS on the market currently.

this patch. iks basically every patch in WoW :P, the good remain good. the bad remain bad.. "balancing" is so minor it never changes anything just continously saying "how they want to make "bad choices" feel alittle bit better"

im sorry, but this is pretty standard mmorpg balancing. u read WoW forums, every patch full of negativity, you watch ESO patchs full of negativity, FFXIV is about the happiest i've seen aptch launchs be, but even then they've had their moments (I.E Bards and summoners during Shadowbringers launch.)

but FFXIV, has 0 Customization. 0 Options a Set in stone set up for every class + bnasically 0 PvP and no balancing towards it.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

So... you fix reaper's shroud-specific crit chance buff, which was honestly a problem and a good move, but you make a new element-specific crit chance buff for elementalist? Nothing learned? 

Also, you're still giving necro "per target hit" scaling skills? Warhorn isn't bound for any good instanced content healing usage since most of those are single target, unless you make it totally broken against multiple targets just to allow it to be good against a single target. Also changing warhorn 4 from a hard CC to a soft CC is a dangerous move given that's its only real usage. The fear was a nice theme but idk if it's as valid as its previous form's raw CC contribution. Furthermore, since fear is a condition, you're now making warhorn more effective on condi than power, which is not what necro really needs since it's their power offhanders that are in such a sorry state. All of this stacks with the fact warhorn's Wail of Doom is now weaker in terms of controlling enemies that don't have defiance bars, plus the fact the fear can disrupt positioning. 

P.S. it's gonna take more than a spare heal and a 10% healing mod to make healer necro a reasonably desirable or unconditional pick (healscourge is a conditional pick). 

• Like 12

Thank you for freeing warriors from being held by unique banners. Now, warriors are free to reroll guardians since they already do everything better. 2 second quickness for warhorn lmao and now warriors cant even get bonus stats from banner. What a joke of a balance team

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

It reads like ArenaNet wants to homogenize classes so that each of them provide the same buffs, leading into some variant of "Take the player, not the class." Sound idea on its own and the list of changes is impressive when taken as a collective whole, though it seems like not much has substantially changed on a per-class basis.

Edited by Jheuloh.4109
  • Like 5

44 minutes ago, ZDragon.3046 said:

hmm interesting I suppose. I will look at this in more detail later but its hard to imagine it being stronger by 10% in pve with the loss of the soul eater trait. which is straight up a 10%. Its clunky sounding and i hate the idea of it lol still a horrible way to make a change considering that that trait effects all potential power builds necro can ever have. If they had adjusted soul barbs or something with an increase at the same time i could understand it but it seems like overall a bad change if you ask me.

OH yeah, Power Harbinger is basically dead in the water. There's nothing there to salvage it at this point. Reaper doesn't have it so bad. The Crit damage difference between dragon and zerker is quite massive so that's something. I think in total reaper might be 5% stronger with dragon stats. Not a whole lot, but we'll see if it actually works out that way, it might be worse but that's why I'm reserving judgement

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jheuloh.4109 said:

It reads like ArenaNet wants to homogenize classes so that each of them provide the same buffs, leading into some variant of "Take the player, not the class." Sound idea on its own and the list of changes is impressive when taken as a collective whole, though it seems like not much has substantially changed on a per-class basis.

Bring the firebrand and mechanist.  Who cares about the player? 

• Like 10
  • Haha 4

"Zephyr's Speed: Now additionally increases critical strike chance by 5% while attuned to air."

"Death Perception: This trait now gives 10% critical chance, regardless of whether the necromancer is in shroud. This trait now increases critical damage by 15% instead of increasing ferocity while in shroud."

For power necromancer builds this patch is adressing the issue that one currently has to decide if they want their character to have 100% critical strike chance while in shroud or outside of shroud. At the same time it creates the same kind of problem for power elementalist builds, where they can either gear to have 100% critical strike chance while in air attunement or outside of air attunement. This is indicating that there are fundamental problems with the balancing in this game. There is certainly more to say about many of the other changes in the upcoming patch and I should, but as of right now there is simply no point in doing so. You have to fix your baseline first.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

WTF is up with these Ele changes?
Nerfs hammer? Do they hate Ele power classes?
The jade sphere change is so frustrating. So Ele has to trade off to bring boons(Sure I get that they want a trade off for support classes to not do as much damage, but they didn't change any other supports in this way. Where are the Mech and Firebrand sacrifices? Ele also got a coefficient nerf ALONG WITH -10% outdoing dmg? WTF IS THIS?!)
Willbender came out with those Positive and Negative trade offs and it was MISERABLE.

Also... Weaver is... unnoticed? Nice slight AoE barrier share. That'll make it viable.

PS They made Mech Life easier (the already best support class in game)
Harb wasn't touched. And Death Magic will continue to easy mode dominate Pvp

Edited by Aurawind.8429
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

49 minutes ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

Bring the firebrand and mechanist.  Who cares about the player? 

UHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Full disclosure, r/woosh is in effect right now. The joke has sailed over my head.

Edited by Jheuloh.4109
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Kuma.1503 said:

If it's any consolation, the hammer coeffiient nerfs aren't as scary as they look. 

They nerfed the auto attack coefficient in Earth, Water, and Fire, which isn't a huge deal because you very rarely auto attack during your rotation. There will be loops in your rotation where you don't auto attack at all, and loops where you might auto a few times in water or Fire times as you build up energy or wait for CDs. The overall  

On top of this, they buffed Rain of Blows (Water 2) by increasing its coefficient by 0.2. It's not much, but it offsets the damage you would have lost from auto attacks. 

On top of this, they also reduced the after cast of your auto attacks in Water an Fire. So you will start your next auto chain a little bit faster, which is a small dps buff. 

In fire, reduced after cast means you simply fire your fireballs out a little faster. So the big coefficient nerf isn't as scary as it looks here either. 

tl'dr: The overall loss in dps from hammer nerfs are minor unless you are auto attacking too much during your rotation (which is a mistake). 

The 10% reduction puts catalyst's benchmark at around ~30-31k which is STILl above average for a quickness provider. That's 3k above quick scrapper for comparison, and it does so while providing quickness with much greater ease than before. It also has a lot of very good boons on top. Cata is far from dead after this change.

Ah glad to see someone is actually understanding while reading.

I've been reading comments about cata being unusable or even ele being nerfed to the ground. Wth? Weaver got a buff, staff got a buff, ele can now provide both quick and alac on different builds (alac tempest is not cut out of healing just cause they're forcing another mastertrait usage and about cata, it's unreasonable to demand the usage of a dps mastertrait when you're playing a support boon build which usually sacrifies dps mastertraits for a support one. This was a design error and they're just fixing it).. guys, go easy on whining 😕

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, SmoovRihx.2789 said:

Balance the game so 1% dictate how it plays and feels.

BIG BRAINS

I don't really understand this argument.

Open world content can be completed by mashing 1 buttons with enough players.

If you don't have arcdps, and don't care about high end raiding, then why do you care if you are doing 15% less damage with an unoptimized build?

The game should be designed around the top levels of play.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8

Death Perception: This trait now gives 10% critical chance, regardless of whether the necromancer is in shroud (currently it's a 33% crit chance increase while in shroud). This trait now increases critical damage by 15% instead of increasing ferocity (300) while in shroud. Honestly, not happy about this. This is a straight nerf. This trait is what let you autocrit in shroud with fury and full berserker gear (lets face it, you want to be in shroud as much as possible). Now in the same gear set up you'll be looking at 60% crit rate base, 85% with fury, so Reaper might need a couple assassin pieces now (especially with spotter change deletion), further lowering damage to get the same results. to add insult to injury 300 ferocity is about 20% crit damage increase so "increasing crit damage by 15% instead" is actually a 5% crit damage NERF. Because reaper (or power necro in general) needs MORE nerfs because it doesn't already hilariously underperform compared to its condi variants (scourge/harbinger) already while being MORE needy with its shroud hp reliance to dish out damage and not being able to be healed in shroud. It was already the most underperforming dps (condi or power) that didn't bring a buff for the party (literally provides nothing) and now it will do even less damage. Awesome job "balance" team! (/s if you couldn't tell)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1