Game Update Notes Preview: Profession Skills

Rubi Bayer.8493

6 hours ago, Voyant.1327 said:

I've read the notes three times now, I feel like it progressively gets worse the closer you look at it. Didn't realize that Mesmer got nerfed with that at first, didn't think about the implications, but yeah... nice little nerf mixed in there, bloody Ls.

did you thought that cut to 50% uptime from 100% uptime, was wat???

Isn't reworking some of those traits actually a nerf? Because if I have a unique trait effect that increases some stats permanently while in combat, turning it into a boon that probably is covered already and not just that, all I see is 3 seconds on 10 seconds cd, that's 33% uptime. More classes could cover more boons but losing their unique abylities.

• Like 10

After reading all of this, i dont remember last time i was that disappointed.
New warrior quick banners, ranger alac spirits and alac herald fecats are pretty much the same and boring, dull  "mash on cd all utility to stack up a bit of boon". also as it looks now, specs will be underperforming.

where are reworks to so many unused/dead traits, utilities?  so many months of waiting and all i see is "what was good remains good or gets better, what was bad remains bad or gets even worse"

it started in good direction ( removal of too unique and crucial buffs like spotter or banners ) but execution and overal balance patch is disappointing to say the least. it definitly did not match to promises

where are the actual changes?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Well of Senility needs a new name. And, sad to see that Warrior just lost its reason to be played in WvW for any other reason than a bubble. And what gives removing all the stat buffs?  Boon access is already strong...why remove stats and give more access to boons?  Essentially, each stat trait changed to boon gain is really just a hard nerf, because any organized raid or WvW group will already have maximized boon application. Not happy with this update.  I am not normally one to speak out, but this time, I am frustrated enough to do so. I cannot find one change that I like.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

Its funny, how they tell one thing, and doing something quite opposite.
Lets give dps classes group buffs (which already normally provided in groups by dedicated SUPPORT), and cut them by 50% uptime, so when people not in group, they will be poop.

and what reason in giving 5% more crit, when with same changes you like loose half of the time you have that said buff, its not buffing by 5% crit, its like having only 50% to your time ANY crit buff, so even if you made it +1000000% crit, it will not matter.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

Very disappointed with thief shadow arts changes. I thought you would make it useful but instead i have to ditch what survivability left on SA. Barrier heals etc are worthless compared to stealth for thief thats very squishy.

Our stealth kit just keep getting nerfed and nerfed. Might as well change the name from shadow arts to defensive arts or something.

Edited by Ydeirt.3905
  • Confused 7

On 6/23/2022 at 4:19 PM, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Mantra of Solace: This skill now grants aegis instead of protection and resolution in PvP and WvW.

... Why?
I will admit, as a main fb I was sad to see it go. But after seeing how WvW is played now compared to when it gave Aegis, it's just so much more fun. The fights are more intense, there's a lot more at stake, you have to position better, you have to pay more attention to use your defence properly, it's not "oh here comes a Rev spike" > Mantra > nothing happens. I've not heard anyone say "Oh no aegis on mantra is gone". I've heard a few say "Oh, protection and resolution, nice" and commanders say "Yes, you can actually do things now".
This is my personal main issue. But after having read it through and heard so many others speak about this patch (some friends even quitting due to it)  - don't bother with this patch. Scrap this and try again. Or, if this is the direction you're gonna go with sub-par patches and not listening to your players - Prepare to lose them. 

Edit: And while you're at it, fire your balancing team. Your player base is filled with people who has both care and knowledge about the game who would be delighted to give you constant feedback, hire them instead.

Edited by Aleira.8341
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

The reaper changes make me sad. Losing 18% 23% crit chance means I can't get to 99% crit chance by myself any more (I'll be at 81% 76%). Can't give myself fury because I'm not using Curses (since that's a condi line).

Very unhappy with this change. I love reaper for soloing and this guts it pretty hard. Maybe add pulsing fury to Death Perception while in shroud, to give fury to allies?

edit: just realised, whoops, it's losing 23% crit chance not 18% because that extra 5% is tied to fury, which we don't get.

Edited by Dreggon.6598
  • Like 5

So.. Let me get this straight... I guess ? 

Banner slave is gonna die on pve and raids, but might be taken on wvw because of moving pulsing buffs. 
Slight powerup for Bladeswornd when it comes to dps ? Even though for almost all end game content people prefer CONDI builds because they are better ?

It feels like a sad time for bein a warrior main....

Also WHY THE kitten TAKE OFF THE ALACRITY FROM VENTARI ?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Kelvin.5390 said:

not really a nerf, the reason they ''nerfed'' sanctuary runes is because adding healing over time effects to the rune makes it much more powerful. if they didn't lower the scaling it would undeniably be overpowered. 

They cut the barrier in half to gain the benefit of Regen being included. I rather Regen not be included at all.

• Like 5

At the same time I had already said that this patch was going to be a nerf as usual for the last few years. Anet is the sorcerer's apprentice, we try this, then this, then this... even if it breaks everything it doesn't matter. Herald is not improved, the power buff is still underused, the damage is still low (PvE), no improvement on shield mobility. Forced engagement still below with hammer on 2, demon still nerfed, vindicator still buggy, no fix in sight. And Ventari I don't know what it's going to give me, not an extra regen. If there's one thing we're missing on the revenant it's regeneration, lol.

Edited by Angesombre.4630
  • Like 5

Unpopular opinion: sometimes its better focusing your philosophy and objectives rather than pleasing everyone, gw1 is a big example of that, gw2 is the example of trying to make a gimick game and "please everyone" without pleasing anyone.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Just now, Izzy.2951 said:

Unpopular opinion: sometimes its better focusing your philosophy and objectives rather than pleasing everyone, gw1 is a big example of that, gw2 is the example of trying to make a gimick game and "please everyone" without pleasing anyone.

Yup, just please the firebrands and mechanists instead of pleasing everyone. Heard it here first.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Ganathar.4956 said:

Yup, just please the firebrands and mechanists instead of pleasing everyone. Heard it here first.

The game is gonna keep being a smashing button simulator, and ur warrior or whatever you play will get buffed in some weeks or months again, so... nothing really impactful.

PD: Wtb raids, new canthan pvp conquest map and new interesting pvp modes. (wvw restructuring too)

Edited by Izzy.2951
  • Confused 1