Grouch asked for Feedback after the patch.

DanAlcedo.3281

Hi fellow soon to be dead. 

Grouch asked for Feedback after the patch hits and he shall receive. 

I know you guys are tired. But let us still go ahead and create a Feedback Thread after the patch hit and discuss the changes, balance wishes and suggestions we can give. 

In a civil manner. 

We aren't barbarians after all. 😉

Let Anet know that despite it all, we are still willing to help. 

I wish you all a wonderful day. 

Dan. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

Shouldn't be that hard.  Just search for your old posts in this forum with specific keywords, then copy/paste the result.  

its years long list of things they broke that just kept piling up, he can check the omnibus, most of it is addressed there anyway.

i sincerely doubt they're not aware of it since they were being called out for years.

at this point warrior needs complete restructuring.

take a look at everything warrior lost from the feb 2020 balance patch they can start from there.

they blanket nerfed the weapon coefficients, blanket nerfed all power damage on top of that, and removed damage from all cc skills without any recompense AMONG OTHER THINGS.

then take a look at all the collateral damage from their previous nerfs.

things like Berserker, they killed it in all competitive modes.

weapon animations arc divider, head butt, shield bash, etc.

gutting might stacks and might duration, with warriors absurdly low weapon coefficients even before the feb 2020 nerfs abundant access to might was one of the few things keeping warrior afloat.

nerfing adrenaline gain

splitting warrior sustain between multiple trait lines and making sustain nonexistent without taking all associated traits, suffocates build diversity and viability

resistance rework and failure to update related traits to resolution.

defense trait line update, replacement to placeholder 300s cd skills which they gutted.

outdated weapon skills, ALOT of outdated weapon skills and skills.

lack of defensive boons (protection, resolution, etc) survivability and mobility to keep up with power creep of other classes over the years.

remember you design locked warrior into melee. we need tools to move close and stick and actually threatening damage. at the state warrior is in now, what we we have is 💩.

the list goes on and on, years of neglect and wrong decisions.

WARRIOR IS CRAZY OUTDATED 3 EXPANSIONS INTO THE FUTURE SINCE CORE GW2.

THE LIST GOES ON. DO THEY ACTUALLY BELIEVE ITS JUST ONE THING?

WHERES THE BALANCE, TRADE OFFS AND COUNTERPLAY AGAINST ALL THAT BROKEN 💩 OUT THERE.

caps is as civil as it gets.

if you ask me. nothings going to get addressed. they have a history and we all know better. I'll believe it when i see it.

Edited by eXruina.4956
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

I mean really... look at bladesworn adding gunsaber and removing weapon swap, look at unyielding dragon (lol at a stun doing dmg btw). Then tell me they don't know that war weapons need rework and they don't know big single hits are a problem in the game.

What feedback is there to give? They already have the bandaid added to the new spec (including the missing sustain).

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

For me, I'd like to see Power Spellbreaker is in a good position which I want to play in any PvE game mode without complaining. Anet needs to address SB position in game. Also I'd like to see getting buff to Condi Berserker to the another condi builds level.  

I'm not talking about the unused traits and utilities. They all need to be reworked

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

How many feedback posts do we need in order to realize nothing suggested ever gets implemented. We should make a post discuss changes that we don’t want (but saying we do want them) so maybe they’ll do the opposite 🥴

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, CeeJ.3752 said:

How many feedback posts do we need in order to realize nothing suggested ever gets implemented. We should make a post discuss changes that we don’t want (but saying we do want them) so maybe they’ll do the opposite 🥴

Just an encouragement: reworking shadow arts on thief to give benefits when entering and leaving stealth is something that has been discussed on the forums for years. It will happen later today. The better question is, do you want to stick around long enough to find out if your suggestions ever see the light of day. Frankly I wouldn't blame you if you didn't after the last few years of warrior balance (speaking as a thief main, no less). 

Edited by Jugglemonkey.8741
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Hi fellow soon to be dead. 

Grouch asked for Feedback after the patch hits and he shall receive. 

I know you guys are tired. But let us still go ahead and create a Feedback Thread after the patch hit and discuss the changes, balance wishes and suggestions we can give. 

In a civil manner. 

We aren't barbarians after all. 😉

Let Anet know that despite it all, we are still willing to help. 

I wish you all a wonderful day. 

Dan. 

You know his asking about feedback is just mere formality for PR purpose right?

Thinking they actually wants feedback and listen to the feedback is just copium + hopium 🤣

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, eXruina.4956 said:

its years long list of things they broke that just kept piling up, he can check the omnibus, most of it is addressed there anyway.

i sincerely doubt they're not aware of it since they were being called out for years.

at this point warrior needs complete restructuring.

take a look at everything warrior lost from the feb 2020 balance patch they can start from there.

they blanket nerfed the weapon coefficients, blanket nerfed all power damage on top of that, and removed damage from all cc skills without any recompense AMONG OTHER THINGS.

then take a look at all the collateral damage from their previous nerfs.

things like Berserker, they killed it in all competitive modes.

weapon animations arc divider, head butt, shield bash, etc.

gutting might stacks and might duration, with warriors absurdly low weapon coefficients even before the feb 2020 nerfs abundant access to might was one of the few things keeping warrior afloat.

nerfing adrenaline gain

splitting warrior sustain between multiple trait lines and making sustain nonexistent without taking all associated traits, suffocates build diversity and viability

resistance rework and failure to update related traits to resolution.

defense trait line update, replacement to placeholder 300s cd skills which they gutted.

outdated weapon skills, ALOT of outdated weapon skills and skills.

lack of defensive boons (protection, resolution, etc) survivability and mobility to keep up with power creep of other classes over the years.

remember you design locked warrior into melee. we need tools to move close and stick and actually threatening damage. at the state warrior is in now, what we we have is 💩.

the list goes on and on, years of neglect and wrong decisions.

WARRIOR IS CRAZY OUTDATED 3 EXPANSIONS INTO THE FUTURE SINCE CORE GW2.

THE LIST GOES ON. DO THEY ACTUALLY BELIEVE ITS JUST ONE THING?

WHERES THE BALANCE, TRADE OFFS AND COUNTERPLAY AGAINST ALL THAT BROKEN 💩 OUT THERE.

caps is as civil as it gets.

if you ask me. nothings going to get addressed. they have a history and we all know better. I'll believe it when i see it.

... It was a joke.  I was making fun of the fact that they said they'd look at feedback after the patch, like it somehow invalidated all of the feedback made before the patch.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

One build that's getting a pretty big buff from this patch is the Phalanx Strength/Might Makes Right build. With Sanctuary runes being fixed and Empower Allies pulsing might; the amount of heals/barrier will be very comfortable and easy for new warriors to play. A good introduction build being buffed is nice to see.

The new Bladesworn skill that overcharges explosive skills, with CC on activation, could provide some cool tech/combo set-ups. Just need to see if the activation is instant cast or not.

• Haha 1

Just going to put this out there ... I'm betting the feedback that is most useful is the priorities Anet should be looking at, not suggestions on how to change something specific. 

Give top three concerns for PVE and competitive modes. That's all. Try it, seriously. 

Anticipating the patch dropping in the next 10 minutes, I'm likely going to start my list like this:

PVE

1. I'm concerned that Warrior will not compete in the quickness role due to a combination of having a heavily loaded, strict build requirement and skill rotation to achieve 100% quickness uptime. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

... It was a joke.  I was making fun of the fact that they said they'd look at feedback after the patch, like it somehow invalidated all of the feedback made before the patch.  

I'm sure they will look at this feedback with as closely as they did for the e-spec's feedback.

That said I can already tell what the feedback will be:

PvE:

- Strike damage role: We lack a little extra to be competitive, the loss of dps from double standard actually hurt, yet discipline is still our best dps option. Bladesworn gameplay is a pain.

- Condition damage role: We lag behind more than ever.

- Boon role: We provide reliably might, fury, vigor, swiftness and quickness but we ain't competitive in this role. Banner gameplay is chore. Also... Phalanx strength have lost most of it's usefulness.

- Heal role: We aren't that great in this role.

sPvP/WvW:

- Nothing changed, unless we abuse might gen and sustain through might generation we can't do anything there. And we all know how it's going to end up when the last resort of a profession is to go bunker.

Banner after patch: They are even more of a chore to use if we want to rely on them to grant quickness.

Bladesworn after patch: The spec is still to dependant on tactical reload (in fact it's worse). The trait shield master don't work with the blocks of electric fence, is it a bug (we all know the answer but it's still fun to point it out)?

Spellbreaker after patch: Uh? did you change something?

Core after patch: It still suck buff everything please. Get rid of the 300s CD trait. Let us move when channeling hundred blade and/or flurry... etc.

sPvP subforum feedback: Vigorous shout OP! Nerf!

I think I shouldn't be far from the actual thing.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

1. I'm concerned that Warrior will not compete in the quickness role due to a combination of having a heavily loaded, strict build requirement and skill rotation to achieve 100% quickness uptime. 

Did they need to drop the patch for players to be concerned about the above? As soon as the rework was announced, that is what you read on the war subforum. Its hardly news.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Hotride.2187 said:

Did they need to drop the patch for players to be concerned about the above? As soon as the rework was announced, that is what you read on the war subforum. Its hardly news.

I would say they did. I won't start this discussion again and I shouldn't have to. This is Anet's process. They don't just abandon their changes or change their process because people say they don't like it. The changes are made, they are tested in game by players, players give feedback on the changes. That's how it's always worked for 10 years. That's how it's going to work today. I have no doubt that's how it's going to work in the future.

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

feedback?

how about they actually first deal with the same feedback thats been stated 10,000 times prior this patch.

- Rework the 300second CDs.

- Baseline traits such as Fast hands to free up the ability to flex build wise.

- Bladesworn Still needs weapon swap restored.

- Gunsaber hits like a wet noodle and barely used even in its PvE Rotation.

- Resistance patch yet to be fixed. it severely damaged warrior and we have yet to see anet do anything to remedy this situation

- super high telegraphed abilities in core weapons. yet low payoff even when do land successfully.

- either restore the damage to CC Abilities, or Rework the abilities so they can actually be decent, its crazy they've left so much of warriors stuff in the bin as a trade off of removing CC Damage.

- rectify the slaughtering of berserker in PvP Game modes.

- reverse the gutting of Might stacks on warrior.

- bladesworns Shoutspam build is incredibly boring. it dont feel like warrior gameplay.. and its dumb level of spammy.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Can I spam my Arms rework in the forums? 

Feedback right? 😃😃😃

i wonder with the leaks and ongoing situations surrounding it.. anet will buff the other proffessions to try and prove "the leaks are lies" and theres no bias ongoing internally.

Playing a Necro will never be as fun as spellbreaker was 😞

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

A guildmate had this idea earlier which sounded really cool. Maybe it’s not for everyone, but maybe warriors should have shout mechanics and that interact with banners. Shouts apply increased effects and cover the whole range of the banners' AOE when used next to a banner that is within the shout's effect range. 

Edit: Grammar

Edited by SirDoNKeY.4578
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

May as well try to contribute with a minimum of salt. (Unlike many, many other threads started today.)

Elephant in the room: banners. Yeah, they're done bad. A terrible source of Quickness uptime (though apparently Soldier's Focus or whatev is supposed to be the steady source) and utterly janky execution. Regressive 2012 design in managing its placement. 

Simple fix: revert to the previous 80s cooldown with 60s refund for picking them up. Trait into granting Quickness on banner drop and go back to Blast finisher over the previous Light field stealth nerf. Want more Quickness this way, you pick up and redeploy the banner.  

Other, even easier option: All banners pulse Quickness. Change the pulse time to 5 or 10 seconds and grant Quickness as desired for uptime. Probably 20% untraited (thus 30% traited, 60% traited+Concentration). This allows a warrior to provide sufficient Quickness with a choice of one (1) or multiple banners, depending on gear selection, and it requires a minimum amount of change to the existing execution. 

Even easier option!: Sufficiently buff the Quickness on deploy. It's not great, nor very tactical, and it's a copout, but a base 7 seconds is far more generous than the whiff that's currently there, and the Trait + Concentration can bring it up to ~20 seconds per banner drop. Main point being, stop being stingy with the boon if it's supposed to be viable!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Daddy.8125 said:

- super high telegraphed abilities in core weapons. yet low payoff even when do land successfully.

As a hammer user, ☝️This right here. It's come a decent way but it's still just not that gratifying. The damage is meager, and the Defiance damage apparently isn't enough, because I can unload all the hammer skills and Kicks and still not bust a bar, sometimes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1