118-2

VyPR.3412

On 6/29/2022 at 5:35 AM, JTGuevara.9018 said:

It's cheating and win-trading. NOBODY is that good at this game.

It's pretty difficult to even be "good" at GW2.  It's too simplistic and dependent on instant-speed hard counters to drive interactions.  That's precisely why match fixing is the way by which people hit the top.

• Like 3

On 6/30/2022 at 3:48 PM, Swagg.9236 said:

It's pretty difficult to even be "good" at GW2.  It's too simplistic and dependent on instant-speed hard counters to drive interactions.  That's precisely why match fixing is the way by which people hit the top.

You got that right. It's very twitch-based. Wasn't always that way though. The powercreep just made it like that.

• Like 1

I know the 2 players that got 118-2 this seasons together, if you want an explanation from someone that actually know them here it is.. For context I'm a solo queuer with my 3 account often in plat 2 playing whenever ... So above average in plat but not the best or close to it. The duo was Phoenix and Mark, Mark a main rev of team usa, that played vindi all season. Showing his games on Twitch too sometimes. Even on his alt he casually got plat 3 with other duos. Phoenix is at the top of NA mechanically with every class. So maybe 2-3 players on NA could win a 1v1 against him. When they both q at off hours they play against average plat 1 players at best, with their skill they can 1v2 such players ... You can understand how every game is a stomp. Their 2 loss were actually players afking to make them lose. Before you say someone is wintrading you should get to that level to see how much better some players are. 

Edited by youle.5824
Typo
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 11

1 hour ago, youle.5824 said:

I know the 2 players that got 118-2 this seasons together, if you want an explanation from someone that actually know them here it is.. For context I'm a solo queuer with my 3 account often in plat 2 playing whenever ... So above average in plat but not the best or close to it. The duo was Phoenix and Mark, Mark a main rev of team usa, that played vindi all season. Showing his games on Twitch too sometimes. Even on his alt he casually got plat 3 with other duos. Phoenix is at the top of NA mechanically with every class. So maybe 2-3 players on NA could win a 1v1 against him. When they both q at off hours they play against average plat 1 players at best, with their skill they can 1v2 such players ... You can understand how every game is a stomp. Their 2 loss were actually players afking to make them lose. Before you say someone is wintrading you should get to that level to see how much better some players are. 

This is even worse lol. You just admitted they queue when they face lower tiered players. Knowingly queuing when you know other players that will give you a challenge aren’t on is a cop-out on its own. It’s like having Lebron James play for a recreational team just so that team could dominate the league. We’re not stupid and these tactics aren’t fooling anyone. It’s honestly embarrassing.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, youle.5824 said:

If this is true, then the top players like top10-25 should not beable to duo que. They are to good to team up and give an unfair advantage to them selves. Specially at off hours. These top tier player need to learn to play eachother, but they avoid each other like the wossies they are. The top 10-25 of this game think they own this game and they trade the top 10 titles back n forth to each other.  This game is not a fair competition at all. 

Edited by Eddbopkins.2630
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 5

Anybody can use these tactics, and they have been used since first season of PvP to get highest titles, don't complain that it's unfair just because you won't take the effort and time to do the same . That's what is actually embarassing here. Anybody can practice duels 20h a week and q with duo at 3am in the morning till sunrise, for one entire season. To do it takes actual dedication to the game though , way more effort than complaining on forum about how PvP is unfair to them or how such winrates has to be wintrading ofc lol. 

• Haha 3
  • Confused 9

8 hours ago, youle.5824 said:

Yeah His Duo was Mark, but probably on a bronze Account, and for safety maybe Helio in the enemy Team on a bronze Account

119-2 is Like Not even trying to hide it

• Like 4

4 hours ago, youle.5824 said:

Anybody can use these tactics, and they have been used since first season of PvP to get highest titles, don't complain that it's unfair just because you won't take the effort and time to do the same . That's what is actually embarassing here. Anybody can practice duels 20h a week and q with duo at 3am in the morning till sunrise, for one entire season. To do it takes actual dedication to the game though , way more effort than complaining on forum about how PvP is unfair to them or how such winrates has to be wintrading ofc lol. 

Tactics...lol.

They are gaming a system, which is essentially and exploit to get out of competitive games and into easy wins.

What is embarrassing is that you think this makes anyone who does this "good"...

DUO Q with smurf alt buddies to lower the average and then face potatoes for easy wins instead of fighting within your tier isn't good, it's cheating.

Anet allowing it is why less and less players enter or stay in this game mode.

Nobody is on your side here, and don't be a clown and hop on one of your alts to come agree with yourself.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

lol ok the 2 games they lost was because ppl afk to make them lose, so the other 119 game they didn't get a single 4v5 from start

there's also ppl talking openly in their stream how this top one guy got caught losing 3 games in a row last season every game was at least a -20 and 4 hours later the guy would have the exactly same rating, which means he played non stop and won all of his games, which means that was no time to q dodge and he q'd up anyways sure he'd win all of them.

Plus this excuse of ppl being so good is kinda meh too, I've watched Naru + Jeff duo q plenty times and they would lose more games than this in a 3 hour session

• Like 4

On 6/29/2022 at 9:30 AM, VyPR.3412 said:

Can anyone help me understand ways this could legitimately happen? I may have missed other topics about it.

ah, if only Anet, or rather anyone, cared about pvp. 
Its a dead game mode, and its been dead for a long time. This blatant win trading and match fixing goes unpunished because Anet simply doesn't care. 

• Like 1

On 7/1/2022 at 5:19 PM, Eddbopkins.2630 said:

I don't think there are any thing called GM in gw2 let alone  pvp.

They're actually all over the game, and in competitive modes too.

This game came with a complete stealth implementation for GMs, undetectable by any means, and they pretty much always have it turned on. The only reason we know it exists is because for years there used to be a bug with that would show 6/5 party members having joined an instance (in PvE) or a match (in PvP).

Full invisibility, can join any squad or party even if full, can join any guild, any instance, everything. But they don't seem to do much beyond monitoring chat.

If your question is "why don't they do anything", video games started removing power from GMs starting around 2010, since there were mass abuses of GM power in the industry, sometimes costing games their entire playerbase. The worst thing that happened was GMs in some well-known MMOs creating items and premium currencies from thin air and then selling them to people for uh.. benefits.

Usually only the actual developers have any real power now.

Edited by Hannelore.8153
  • Thanks 1

On 7/3/2022 at 5:53 PM, Eddbopkins.2630 said:

If this is true, then the top players like top10-25 should not beable to duo que. They are to good to team up and give an unfair advantage to them selves. Specially at off hours. These top tier player need to learn to play eachother, but they avoid each other like the wossies they are. The top 10-25 of this game think they own this game and they trade the top 10 titles back n forth to each other.  This game is not a fair competition at all. 

It doesn't end there.

They also get on alts and queue snipe all the good players who aren't in on the clique.

On 7/3/2022 at 7:37 PM, youle.5824 said:

Match manipulation is listed as illegal.

It's arguable as to if "queue dodging" is acceptable.

Its' even arguable as to if "smurfing" on alts is acceptable.

But synch queue win trade throwing is absolute bull**** and should be worthy of permanent ban with no return. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Match manipulation is listed as illegal.

It's arguable as to if "queue dodging" is acceptable.

Its' even arguable as to if "smurfing" on alts is acceptable.

But synch queue win trade throwing is absolute bull**** and should be worthy of permanent ban with no return. 

Anet gains money from these things why would they ban?

• 3 months later...
On 6/30/2022 at 8:48 PM, Swagg.9236 said:

Unless you're name is Boyce