Follow-up Balance Update Release when?

Castiel.9048

Now that Pandora's Box has been opened, it's appropriate to say that by gauging the community's response, no further time is needed to "evaluate the impact of the changes".

(Yes, data and results can be obtained within a day; in fact, results were predicted on preview release, shocking.)

A) Warriors have died in the meadow, not the battlefield; because carrying all those banners back-and-forth made them miss the action;

B) Elementalists had finally thought they could be given scraps to be included in the battlefield with Heal Tempest; only to be gutted and replaced with qCata; only to once again be starved and left to rot in the shadows (but alacTempest though; yeah....no....);

C) Engineers now solidify their partnership with Guardians and Necromancers to lead and plan GW2 dominance;

(The other professions are not forgotten, but I just didn't want to stress anymore; clearly doesn't seem to be utilized.)

More importantly, and quite sad, this patch overshadows the success of the HT CM (survived day one, amazing!) and the new legendary Mordy variants...

So since it's already added to the release schedule, please do tell the community, when is this follow up balance update coming to revert this sad patch?

Thanks.

Edited by Castiel.9048
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

On 6/27/2022 at 1:21 PM, Josh Davis.7865 said:

We’ve added a follow up balance update to our release schedule in the coming weeks to address critical issues.

To those confused, I do not mean the "mid-fall" profession update, but the follow-up mentioned here.

Edited by Castiel.9048
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Castiel.9048 said:

Now that Pandora's Box has been opened, it's appropriate to say that by gauging the community's response, no further time is needed to "evaluate the impact of the changes".

(Yes, data and results can be obtained within a day; in fact, results were predicted on preview release, shocking.)

A) Warriors have died in the meadow, not the battlefield; because carrying all those banners back-and-forth made them miss the action;

B) Elementalists had finally thought they could be given scraps to be included in the battlefield with Heal Tempest; only to be gutted and replaced with qCata; only to once again be starved and left to rot in the shadows (but alacTempest though; yeah....no....);

C) Engineers now solidify their partnership with Guardians and Necromancers to lead and plan GW2 dominance;

(The other professions are not forgotten, but I just didn't want to stress anymore; clearly doesn't seem to be utilized.)

More importantly, and quite sad, this patch overshadows the success of the HT CM (survived day one, amazing!) and the new legendary Mordy variants...

So since it's already added to the release schedule, please do tell the community, when is this follow up balance update coming to revert this sad patch?

Thanks.

To think I thought revenant was part of "the club". I guess they're now on the same boat as the rest of us. The "big 3" (necro, guardian, engi) are now solidified in stone.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

To think I thought revenant was part of "the club". I guess they're now on the same boat as the rest of us. The "big 3" (necro, guardian, engi) are now solidified in stone.

Mechanist kicked it off, while shouting THIS IS CANTHA!!!

Renegade was there mostly for alacrity. The 5-player limit brought it down to alacmirage's level, and mechanist finished it off.

Mesmer, ranger, revenant, and spectre probably do make for a second tier - not as versatile as GEnN, but there are places for them in organised PvE. Warrior is just flat-out dead, though, and ele isn't looking great.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

Renegade was there mostly for alacrity. The 5-player limit brought it down to alacmirage's level, and mechanist finished it off.

(talking about rev overall)

Had a spot in wvw meta parties too, dunno how that looks after the ranged spike nerfs (zzZzzzZzz).

Aaaand in conquest it was good before getting replaced by willbender, after it got buffed cause guardian.

And the cele build was common and good. Before cele harb and cele spectre at least.

It was in a decent spot before, hard to play well (I think the wvw zerg build was the one exception) and rewarding. In fact the best willbenders I've fought I bet are actually rev players. You can just see it from how they move the same way.

Edited by Hotride.2187

12 minutes ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

That follow-up is probably just for fixing bugs.  Rest of it definitely staying until Oct. - Nov., they made that pretty clear...

Perhaps, perhaps not. In my view, bugs =/= "critical issues", otherwise they would've directly stated bugs.

The "critical issues" that are echoed by many:

* Warrior is a dead profession now;

* Elementalist is borderline unviable profession;

* Ranger is borderline playable profession;

* Engineer is hyper overpowered profession;

* Guadian still has monopoly on aegis and stability.

(and the list can go on, but the point is clear...)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Castiel.9048 said:

Perhaps, perhaps not. In my view, bugs =/= "critical issues", otherwise they would've directly stated bugs.

The "critical issues" that are echoed by many:

* Warrior is a dead profession now;

* Elementalist is borderline unviable profession;

* Ranger is borderline playable profession;

* Engineer is hyper overpowered profession;

* Guadian still has monopoly on aegis and stability.

(and the list can go on, but the point is clear...)

Ya the problem is those are all subjective--the community may have evidence for your claims, but it won't translate to a patch.  Critical issues are just that, game breaking or otherwise issues that cause big problems.  

So yeah, 'critical issues' is a fancy term for 'bug' in the dev world.  

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Castiel.9048 said:

Does that means if you dont play Mechanist people will still accept  you ?

Because last time I check people would rather run a QFB instead of a quickness scrapper, people would rather have a condi DPS Scourge/Harbringer or Virtuoso rather than power DPS Holosmith. Only Mechanist are tolerated. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Ya the problem is those are all subjective--the community may have evidence for your claims, but it won't translate to a patch.  Critical issues are just that, game breaking or otherwise issues that cause big problems.  

So yeah, 'critical issues' is a fancy term for 'bug' in the dev world.  

As a professional software engineer; ya critical issues is basically fluff for if it crashes the game client, server, or bug/ability that can be abused. Anything actually impactful won't even be looked at till October.

Honestly, at this point, I doubt they even added it to their calendar and just said it to say something.

Even if they do something, they'll spend at most 1 day on it, and it'll be quick fixes only (ie tweaking decimals, not fixing the fact that banners have no abilities when picked up or are completely worthless).

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Because the mistake was by the head of the snake, no consequences will be given, no growth will happen. It is no mistake that all power classes were nerfed except for mechanist. Making your favorite class op is not professional and should have repercussions, but I do not have faith Anet will change this behavior or replace the individual if the pattern continues.

The silver lining is that because this individual now has to document the justification for every change now, people can see how competent they actually are, both his superiors and the customer base. I kinda feel that the dev knowing he did not have justify his decisions just enabled them to run rickshaw with the balance update. This should be self reflecting moment, especially when trying to domental gymnastics with the crits in arms decision, but again I have no faith that any lessons will be learned expect do not get caught next time.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6

1 hour ago, Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

I also wonder if this upcoming mini balance that they'll keep their word and give us the changes early and tell us what their intentions are with the changes.

I think we really shouldn't expect that for the in-between-patch. Major changes will come in 3 months and I am sure they'll better preview and explain them this way, but I think for this smaller balance patch it will be number tuning and that's it. And for that you don't need much explanation anyway besides this ability over- / underperformed

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I'm happy they updated rifle for Engi, but they didn't touch Turrets or gadgets which need major attention.

For Thief I like the shadow arts changes but they didn't touch acrobatics or update some of the weaker weapon sets like sword.

40 minutes ago, Josh Davis.7865 said:

August 2 

As we mentioned earlier this week, we’ve added a follow-up balance update to our schedule for August 2. For that release, we'll be looking at addressing warrior banners and chronomancer’s relatively low damage output through chronomancer-specific traits and increasing the damage on core weapons (like the treatment ranger is getting today). Once we’ve released today’s hotfix we’ll move onto planning the details of this update. 

Update: We have received communication. The follow-up is scheduled for August 2 and it does contain substance.

Thank you Grouch for communicating with us during this wild time. With your assistance, recovery is underway. 

Edited by Castiel.9048

11 hours ago, Shadowmoon.7986 said:

Because the mistake was by the head of the snake, no consequences will be given, no growth will happen. It is no mistake that all power classes were nerfed except for mechanist. Making your favorite class op is not professional and should have repercussions, but I do not have faith Anet will change this behavior or replace the individual if the pattern continues.

The silver lining is that because this individual now has to document the justification for every change now, people can see how competent they actually are, both his superiors and the customer base. I kinda feel that the dev knowing he did not have justify his decisions just enabled them to run rickshaw with the balance update. This should be self reflecting moment, especially when trying to domental gymnastics with the crits in arms decision, but again I have no faith that any lessons will be learned expect do not get caught next time.

"Do not get caught" might at least require being a little less blatant with the favouritism.

I guess i spoke too soon. Changes were made at a decent time frame. Ultimately i think it must have stemmed from have to write out reasons for the changes. I think to many of the worse offending changes could not be justified. I am hoping this is now a requirement before blanace changes are signed off. Thank you grouch and thank you to the whistle blower who was the catalyst to spark this change.