It's SO much worse now. SO much worse.

Advice:

Call target with long range unlockable that will kill or force ventari to swap legend (it is what decent players do to me and similiar builds).

Long range pulls, a ventari rev has no stability nor anti CC on its build unless there is a trait with passive counter to it but those only trigger once every 30-40sec.

If players QQ cause they dont want to use ublcokabes to counter reflects/domes, its all on u that dont run counters and want to use max dps pve build.

Ive been using ventari since its release basicly and 99% of times dome stops every range cause every one plays to be carried w/o counters.... if theres counter and no one is using it is a l2p issue, this is not pve.

If u dont want to be countered, use the counter as well.

What's next ? condi players QQ there is peopole removing their condis and its not fair????

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

11 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

What a glorious day. Welcome to the club. The moment you create a warrior, game auto-uninstalls. 

How are you gonna spend your day tomorrow? 😁😀

Starting to feel it... but i always defended that warrior is no longer a warrior...

basicly put Manowar. music, , select warrior to play, cant feel the GW warrior in it...alt+f4, but still m8 work well if i put spice girls or other more girly music fitting the current warrior state.

(EDIT: apparently weeb music also works)

Meanwhile signet rifle counters ventari dome and all reflects 100%  :)

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

Starting to feel it... but i always defended that warrior is no longer a warrior...

basicly put Manowar. music, , select warrior to play, cant feel the GW warrior in it...alt+f4, but still m8 work well if i put spice girls or other more girly music fitting the current warrior state.

Meanwhile signet rifle counters ventari dome and all reflects 100%  🙂

Yeah fr. 

Till you realize you are alone with no support from your noob Gift of Battle allies trying to one shot the rev alone, in a zerg that heals him. Peak gaming! 

So better not even play when people roll their PvE gear or cele builds and think they play the game. 

kitten, haven't WvWed in a month (played in general cause I only WvW) and I already got mad from typing this. 

ZAMN! 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Yeah fr. 

Till you realize you are alone with no support from your noob Gift of Battle allies trying to one shot the rev alone, in a zerg that heals him. Peak gaming! 

So better not even play when people roll their PvE gear or cele builds and think they play the game. 

kitten, haven't WvWed in a month (played in general cause I only WvW) and I already got mad from typing this. 

ZAMN! 

understandable :) that's how i feel atm as well.

Also  when minstrell enemy tries to kill u and rages on pm's mails :D  or some one with no counters expect to win by just range dps skills spam :P then thinks ur build is broken and should be deleted.

Or my side has 10 players being wiped to 3 players and im like really...., when ic my side with 0 boon removals, 0 CC, just expecting to win by dps and spam... well alt+f4  :\

Been hard to find competent players to team up  nowadays, every one expecting way to many gimmick OK results. 

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

Advice:

Call target with long range unlockable that will kill or force ventari to swap legend (it is what decent players do to me and similiar builds).

Long range pulls, a ventari rev has no stability nor anti CC on its build unless there is a trait with passive counter to it but those only trigger once every 30-40sec.

If players QQ cause they dont want to use ublcokabes to counter reflects/domes, its all on u that dont run counters and want to use max dps pve build.

Ive been using ventari since its release basicly and 99% of times dome stops every range cause every one plays to be carried w/o counters.... if theres counter and no one is using it is a l2p issue, this is not pve.

If u dont want to be countered, use the counter as well.

What's next ? condi players QQ there is peopole removing their condis and its not fair????

And the reward for completely Missing the Entire Point Goes to : This guy! 

I even said that the Unblockables have Cooldowns that prevent them From being an effective Counter. AND That there are other support healers keeping the Bubble Boys Safe . You literally Only saw like 3 words in that post. 

the issue is not " There's a counter nobody's using " 

it's that WvW has lost it's ENTIRE Core Premise. 

- Seige can be outhealed without Any actual effort. Most seige has been so heavily nerfed / Fires so Slowly that it may as well Just Not exist except for BM blueprint dropping
- Most Fights are about who throws the Most corpses, Not about any tactics or Skill. Those " play styles " mean nothing in Groups of 20+ , this is consistent across All tiers, from my experiences and travels
- The Recent " Fixes" only further Encourage this Brain-rotting, Zero-input behavior from People who Just want Pips. 

Don't get me wrong, Joining a Zerg to go brain-off and Farm easy Pips and EXP is fun every once and a while 

But Anet is Sincerely Angling for it to be the ONLY WvW Strategy, and that will turn the game mode into a complete drag to even interract with. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Witch of Steam.5138 said:

Seige can be outhealed without Any actual effort.

Thats kinda the point. Siege is more of an annoyance. If it werent out healable literally nothing would get capped.

Ya'll all need to calm down. ANET is 100% aware of their EF up. As we all are.

• Haha 1

Just now, Dawdler.8521 said:

... I dont think there has been a time when super dedicated supports didnt exist so you tell me.

You know, the time before minstrels, when you had to drop water fields to group heal.

Oh and people actually had to counter kill defensive siege before sieging an objective, instead of hiding under shields in a ball chain healing and cleansing.

Now you've been told.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

You know, the time before minstrels, when you had to drop water fields to group heal.

Oh and people actually had to counter kill defensive siege before sieging an objective, instead of hiding under shields in a ball chain healing and cleansing.

Now you've been told.

Tbh, I'd pay for a WvW of 2012 and 2013 balance. Maybe with some tweaks to match current specialization mechanics. 

Guild Wars 2 Vanilla! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I was half-joking in my last post, but if I'm being serious I do admittedly understand the OP's frustrations.  I'm a long time Ventari player, and the changes from the patch are noticeable, specifically due to the changes to Ventari's Will. With it both being free of energy cost and having no cooldown, it makes exploiting bubble uptime very easy, particularly in group settings where you are stacked with other supports to cover your gaps since you can permanently move the tablet to be right on your tag non-stop so long as you spam the skill fast enough. If you are running core Rev, you can technically even gain energy with it up via F2, but that's assuming there is no other skill usage to drain energy. And that begs the question...

Does it deserve a nerf?

For me it's a bit hard to say, but I'd probably err on the side of "yes". On one hand, the bubble uptime is problematic, but on the other hand, if you are playing a perma bubble bot, you are essentially relegating  yourself to *exclusively* that role, in which case you are sacrificing a whole lot of other support/utility in the process. If you use weapon skills or legend skills, you will drain your energy relatively quickly and be forced to either sit in Ventari with no bubble as you wait for energy to pool back up, or swap legends, also forcing you off the bubble. The skill is a lot less problematic in smallscale because the best way to counter Ventari is to hard focus it and force it to blast through its energy so it can no longer upkeep the bubble. Since that problem doesn't exist to nearly the same extent in largescale,  it definitely does complicate it a bit, and I think that's mostly due to the fact that there is no target cap on bubble skills (not saying a target cap is the solution).

@OP, when was the last time projectiles were actually viable against comped/organized squads, which is what you are referencing in this post. The most recent time I can remember is when Soulbeast's Unstoppable Union was still a 4s unlimited count unblockable. But since that was changed, using a projectile weapon/class against a comped group has felt largely ineffective. At least in my experience. Between Scrapper bubbles, Guardian shield bubble, FB reflect bubble, and random magnetic aura procs, it has already been an uphill battle. I admit that it'd kitten me off a bit if bubble got hit without other projectile denial skills also getting touched. In largescale it is easy to rotate Scrapper bubbles, which is a meta support pick with insane levels of utility on a skill that already provides stab. Tempest Mag aura spam is an absolute kitten in smallscale/cloud fights with how much uptime it can get, and reflects are 100x more unfun to fight against. Guardians also have a lot of potential for bubble uptime when stacking them. Ventari has been considered meme-tier for years now and literally one day after the patch comes out we already get a complaint here in the forum. I have been trying to advocate for Ventari changes for *years* (like legit probably 6 years) so it can actually see more play and I am finally happy with how it is performing in WvW, so I fear they'd nerf it too hard and send it back to undesirability. 

With that said, I think that something like a -1 upkeep increase on Protective Solace would be totally fine and wouldn't break the legend by any means. And then iterate from there to see how things settle. Just please ANet, don't butcher this legend. Not everyone likes to play FB/Scrapper. 

Those are my honest two cents.

Also, I have to point out that the whole "tablet healing for 10k" that was mentioned earlier is a thing of the far past. Between the Feb 2020 patch and this last one, Rev has lost a lot of its healing modifiers as well as some healing potency from Natural Harmony, its burst heal skill. Some of that was restored in this patch but it's still not nearly at the same level as it was. If we're going to talk about broken healing, that's moreso a conversation about Vindi than it is Ventari.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Now you've been told.

But even then guardians ran all support skills with cleansing, stab, retal, reflect etc. It was the backline doing the damage - well, except the constant lootstick seismic wave in front of the zerg but that wasnt exactly due to individual damage, just the sheer mass of it with so many guardians in a zerg stacked up.

There's never been a time guardian wasnt used, has there? Minstrel didnt change their role - it only made them far better at it.

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 6/30/2022 at 6:12 AM, ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

Although it was good for PvP, the Feb 2020 patch ruined WvW imo and it’s only become more stale since that time.

It's the opposite actually. That patch made large scale fights much more interesting, as it forced groups to coordinate in order to get kills. It turned small scale pvp into a snooze fest of spamming your pve rotation on an enemy who never drops below 50% health

WvW died because of skill lag, lack of updates, and trolls.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Elementalist Owner.7802 said:

It's the opposite actually. That patch made large scale fights much more interesting, as it forced groups to coordinate in order to get kills. It turned small scale pvp into a snooze fest of spamming your pve rotation on an enemy who never drops below 50% health

WvW died because of skill lag, lack of updates, and trolls.

Enemy players do die in sPvP though, the damage/sustain there is way more balanced than it is in WvW.

WvW just has too much sustain. Food buffs, broken stats and sigils, traits and skills working differently with WvW balance all contribute to this issue.

Edited by ProverbsofHell.2307
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

... I dont think there has been a time when super dedicated supports didnt exist so you tell me.

Tell me all about your core ele staff  healer with 11k hp thats healing  1/100th as effective as current healers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1