WvW and Legendary items Hidden behind currency

I didn't want to do WvW either, but here I am max Skirmish Tickets waiting for the Week to reset to get my next set of Skirmish Tickets. Whether the content is what you  want to do or not the Legendaries are there to convince you to try new content!

Most players don't want to do Raids for Legendaries, but Raids are definitely easier than they appear and a lot of the active users from Raids are people who had to try it for the first time to work on Legendaries.

Edited by Xerxez.7361
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

7.1 weeks to get a Legendary item?  Wow,  Do the WvW dailies you can get done for three times that long.  If 7.1 is legendary, then surely 21.3 weeks is even more so.

MMO's are marathons, not sprints.  As long as such games make money by promoting player playtime longevity, this will be true.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 trinkets are pve friendly, 4 of which are fairly straightforward (aurora, vision, ad infinitum, "free" amulet).

Even coalescence looks more accessible with emboldened, and I believe given the transforming visual effect it's only a matter of time before a final pve ring appears to finish that off - maybe from strikes, maybe LW6.

I'm personally holding off from conflux because I want to see what happens with the pve set first - ie if it becomes something like what the otter infusion does, but maybe a dragon.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

On 6/30/2022 at 2:35 PM, Stajan.4581 said:

OK ANET need to fix what is required to make the legendary ring Conflux, you put it behind the longest waiting map currency in the game. You need a total of 2600 skirmish tickets to make conflux. Well guess what some people do not enjoy playing part of this game like it is a god kitten job, and with all the Rifle Mech crap that is going around on WvW it is impossible to even get close to getting those numbers. At present with the 2600 tickets needed at max chests you will need to full complete 7.1 weeks in a row. This is 1,000,000% unfair to anyone who wants to have conflux but does not enjoy WvW at all. You need to fix this, if you want to keep conflux hidden behind the skirmish tickets than make them so you can sell them on the TP.  The same thing can be said for PvP. Some players just do not like those parts of the game and should not be penalized for not wanting to do them.   Please fix this over sight, and either one make the tickets able to be sold on the TP or give a second currency that can be used to make the ring and either or situation works just as well.......While your at it really really really look hard at the Mech they are all over the place and they need to be fixed the rifle is just WAY to OP.

If you don't like it, don't do it..conflux isn't required to do ANY content. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

I think they should increased the lengths and difficulties to obtaining all legendaries. Newer players have it too easy...free armor buffs, a free legendary amulet, more mounts, etc.

(Note: I have all the legendary items I need, so making them harder to get will put a smile on my face. 😈)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

I have full legendary and doing WvW for Conflux was actually the most enjoyable part, although I'm a bit biased since I actually like WvW. Getting raid legendary armor is what made me quit GW2 for 4 years before I came back and made legendary accessories and that almost made me quit again with all the time gate and repetitive events I had to do for the collections. It really depends what server you're on for WvW cuz it can actually be fun. I've zerged and roamed and when paired against the right server it's fun because you never know what you'd run into. PvE is easy, it's the most repetitive content in the game because once you know what to do, that's all you have to do to clear the content, at least with pvp fighting another player makes it interesting since it's not always the same person. 

It's also 1 legendary item you have to get. Imagine being someone who loves pvp and you have to get legendary 2 legendary accessories,  and1 legendary ring. Doesn't seem fair for them to get 3 legendaries from PvE content while all you have to do is get 1 from wvw does it? On top of that Legendary WvW armor takes forever to get so if you're someone like me who didn't want to spend all that time in wvw you would have to do raids for the armor, and if you didn't want to get the backpiece you'd have to do fractals. 

At the end of the day you're rewarded with what you enjoy playing and if you don't like wvw then don't do it, if you want full legendary then suck it up, because people who don't like to do pve content definitely had to suffer a lot more than you did when getting to full legendary status

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

15 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

If I can buy Gift of exploration in Wvw. 

If I can get Raid Legy armor skins in Wvw. 

If I can get a legendary Amulet in Wvw. 

Then we can talk. 

Only fair, right? As I don't like PvE. And I don't want to spend weeks in there. 

People always say stuff like this as though it's a gotcha and I'm just like... well yeah, it'd be cool if people could stick to their preferred game mode and still get full legendaries. More options isn't a bad thing. More options means stuff like: "if you really want *everything*, you still have to go beyond your comfort zone, but if you just want *one of the things* you can get it."

The only real loss in designing it that way is if your content is so unappealing, you have to make it the only way to get a particular legendary or legendary component so it doesn't die... which is honestly a problem and probably the main obstacle in the way over the years.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

I don't care how they do it but let all aspects of the game get the same items equally.. do not force customers into parts of the game they hate..

That is bad design and mechanics.. Bit like leather ascended being harder and way more expensive to make than light or heavy.. Why what is the reasons..

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

If you want Conflux play WvW, if you don't want to play WvW don't demand Conflux.
PvE already has 5 Legendary trinkets, one of those being extremely easy to get.

What's the 5th? I'm aware of 4: Amulet (not easy to get, just easier than some legendaries); Aurora/Vision (Accessories), and Coalescence (Ring). Maybe you are including back item, the thing from fractals?

Also, it makes more sense to categorize those as: 3 open world PvE trinkets, and 2 instanced PvE trinkets (if we are including back item). They are really two different game modes insofar as how people engage with them and to what extent.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

59 minutes ago, Labjax.2465 said:

What's the 5th? I'm aware of 4: Amulet (not easy to get, just easier than some legendaries); Aurora/Vision (Accessories), and Coalescence (Ring). Maybe you are including back item, the thing from fractals?

Also, it makes more sense to categorize those as: 3 open world PvE trinkets, and 2 instanced PvE trinkets (if we are including back item). They are really two different game modes insofar as how people engage with them and to what extent.

No they are not two different game modes both are pve.

Wvw is pvp/pve and spvp is pvp

Gw2 only have 3 modes no matter how many times people claim that it do have more.

Edit

Just as an example have you see in any update notes a line followed by.

in instanced pve only.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

No they are not two different game modes both are pve.

Wvw is pvp/pve and spvp is pvp

Gw2 only have 3 modes no matter how many times people claim that it do have more.

Edit

Just as an example have you see in any update notes a line followed by.

in instanced pve only.

Be pedantic all you want. It's my view on how it makes the most sense to differentiate them based on the lines drawn between them and how people engage with them. Of course you can disagree if you want, but it would be nice to see disagreement based on more than pedantry about definitions of words and update notes. Realistically, there are lots of people who show up in open world PvE who have probably never set foot in instanced PvE, much less do it regularly. It seems as though Anet wants to change that, but that appears to be a reality of this game based on the information I have to go on, so it would be odd to act like it's fundamentally the same game mode. On top of that, it is just mechanically different. For example, one has a strict, low number of players who participate with harsher fail states. One has a mostly "join or leave at any time" more flexible number of players with more forgiving fail states for individuals (rezzing and running back), if not the bosses themselves, and shares its space with other uses of the open world PvE space, such as fishing, exploring, HPs, map completion.

• Like 3
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, Labjax.2465 said:

Be pedantic all you want. It's my view on how it makes the most sense to differentiate them based on the lines drawn between them and how people engage with them. Of course you can disagree if you want, but it would be nice to see disagreement based on more than pedantry about definitions of words and update notes. Realistically, there are lots of people who show up in open world PvE who have probably never set foot in instanced PvE, much less do it regularly. It seems as though Anet wants to change that, but that appears to be a reality of this game based on the information I have to go on, so it would be odd to act like it's fundamentally the same game mode. On top of that, it is just mechanically different. For example, one has a strict, low number of players who participate with harsher fail states. One has a mostly "join or leave at any time" more flexible number of players with more forgiving fail states for individuals (rezzing and running back), if not the bosses themselves, and shares its space with other uses of the open world PvE space, such as fishing, exploring, HPs, map completion.

That dont make them different modes tho.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

On 7/1/2022 at 10:55 PM, Stajan.4581 said:

It is not a I do not want to do content at all it is I do not want to play WvW like it is a gad kitten job. Having to play content that you dislike for 7.1 weeks just to get enough currency to purchase the things you need to make the item you are trying for, is 100% not cool at all......Let me take all the anet employees and put them through military basic training just so they can have the job they have at anet. This is a basic comparison but I promise you this, 90% of them would say screw it and not want the job if that is what it took. This is the exact same idea.

Buddy, unless somebody has a gun to your head, you dont have to do anything that you dislike, especially if it's in a video game.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/30/2022 at 10:35 PM, Stajan.4581 said:

OK ANET need to fix what is required to make the legendary ring Conflux, you put it behind the longest waiting map currency in the game. You need a total of 2600 skirmish tickets to make conflux. Well guess what some people do not enjoy playing part of this game like it is a god kitten job, and with all the Rifle Mech crap that is going around on WvW it is impossible to even get close to getting those numbers. At present with the 2600 tickets needed at max chests you will need to full complete 7.1 weeks in a row. This is 1,000,000% unfair to anyone who wants to have conflux but does not enjoy WvW at all. You need to fix this, if you want to keep conflux hidden behind the skirmish tickets than make them so you can sell them on the TP.  The same thing can be said for PvP. Some players just do not like those parts of the game and should not be penalized for not wanting to do them.   Please fix this over sight, and either one make the tickets able to be sold on the TP or give a second currency that can be used to make the ring and either or situation works just as well.......While your at it really really really look hard at the Mech they are all over the place and they need to be fixed the rifle is just WAY to OP.

Ahh yes, lets give it for free instead. I agree only with how kitten is to play against the rifle mech which eventually will be nerfed again its only the matter of time. 

Plus people already are taking lot of things for granted these days.. they should remove all of the memories of battle, shards of glory(or w/they are called) and all legendary weapons from tp in general...

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, Labjax.2465 said:

Aurora(LWS3) Vision(LWS4), Coalescence(PoF Raids), Champion Regalia(All LW), Ad Infinitum(Fractals)
Open world and instanced PvE are suprisingly both PvE, they are not different game modes. 

20 hours ago, Labjax.2465 said:

Your view doesn't matter when OW and Instance PvE are not separate. By your logic Unranked and Ranked PvP are two different game modes, same goes for Roaming and Zerging in WvW. 
I recommend reading the definition of PvE if you have any more doubts.

• Thanks 4
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

21 hours ago, Labjax.2465 said:

Telling someone to "be pedantic all they want" while trying to argue about pve not being pve because it's instanced is an interesting tactic 😅

Your opinion Your view doesn't change the fact that it is pve, so those rewards are also comming from pve content.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

On 6/30/2022 at 3:35 PM, Stajan.4581 said:

This is 1,000,000% unfair to anyone who wants to have conflux but does not enjoy WvW at all.

Then just… go do something else?

It's a ring slot, the benefits of a legendary over ascended are absolutely marginal. Both Mist Band and the Blood Ruby Ring even let you recycle ones you don't like quite cheaply.

99% of the people making posts like this have a hundred alternative things they could do but they pick the one item that's built for an activity they don't like for some reason.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

Aurora(LWS3) Vision(LWS4), Coalescence(PoF Raids), Champion Regalia(All LW), Ad Infinitum(Fractals)
Open world and instanced PvE are suprisingly both PvE, they are not different game modes. 

Your view doesn't matter when OW and Instance PvE are not separate. By your logic Unranked and Ranked PvP are two different game modes, same goes for Roaming and Zerging in WvW. 
I recommend reading the definition of PvE if you have any more doubts.

It never ceases to amaze me the confidence some people have in being wrong. You know things are going well for someone in an argument when the take they reach for is "your view doesn't matter" on a matter that is almost entirely based on point of view. You think Anet is pulling out a dictionary when they decide where to put features lol? They put it where they want to, based on their internal picture of how they want the game to be and where they draw the lines. It's not a violation of the natural laws of the universe if I have my own views on it and make arguments as to why.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Telling someone to "be pedantic all they want" while trying to argue about pve not being pve because it's instanced is an interesting tactic 😅

Your opinion Your view doesn't change the fact that it is pve, so those rewards are also comming from pve content.

Nice try, but I never said that PvE is not PvE. I argued that it makes more sense to think of instanced PvE and open world PvE as two distinct modes in this game. Just as WvW and PvP (which are both PvP) are treated as two distinct modes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Labjax.2465 said:

Nice try, but I never said that PvE is not PvE. I argued that it makes more sense to think of instanced PvE and open world PvE as two distinct modes in this game. Just as WvW and PvP (which are both PvP) are treated as two distinct modes.

You're quoting the post where someone writes about it being pve and start arguing against it in an attempt to split pve into smaller parts that is directed at nothing else than dismissing the fact that pve has 5 specific rewards, which was what the post you responded to was talking about. Then proceed to talk about the other person being pedantic. No need to be in denial about it now -if you understand it's all PVE, then there's no point in arguing against the post you were initially quoting and yet... here you are, still trying to split hairs.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Labjax.2465 said:

It never ceases to amaze me the confidence some people have in being wrong. 

Ironic coming from you after going around saying Open World and Instanced PvE is two different game modes despite a single Google search will prove you otherwise.

You know things are going well for someone in an argument when the take they reach for is "your view doesn't matter" on a matter that is almost entirely based on point of view. 

My father died in a car crash last week, everything is going so well for me, you're right.... 

You think Anet is pulling out a dictionary when they decide where to put features lol? They put it where they want to, based on their internal picture of how they want the game to be and where they draw the lines. 

Considering PvE stuff is mostly found in PvE, PvP is found in sPvP and WvW has a mixture of them I'm quite certain they are not randomly throwing features around in the game and are sticking to the definition of PvE and PvP.
But hey, based on your logic you can get Conflux through PvE! Just flip camps and fight NPCs in WvW, that's PvE in my viewpoint.

Edited by IAmNotMatthew.1058
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 3