PREDICTION 2nd August Banner changes

foxof.8752

PREDICTION 2nd August Banner changes  

74 members have voted

1. 1. How the banner changes will be

• Banners will become over buffs with TRUELY rework brand new QOL mechanics to use
    • Banners is fine to pick-up multiple times, who have time to rework warrior, just slap an easy code - shorter CD, 1s more quickness
    • Banners still kitten but with old pickup skill slots returning
    • "We aiming to truly listen to our warriors and our best youtubers, we will need more time to collect data, maybe then we can come up a draft 1 year later, might take longer to implement them that will benefit our beloved warrior class in the long term, <3."

May I trade in my banners for the retaliation boon of old? Also classes that have hammers or maces should get a free  Legendary weapon swap for each one  for different Legendary  weapons ( looking at Mesmer staff) so that we as players don't feel like we wasted resources on useless weapons( world versus world focus). Make it so banners are combined into shouts. Equip 3 banners at once 1 in main hand( skills 1 and 2) 1 banner in offhand ( skills 4 and 5) and the third banner in warriors teeth with its own separate skill each of the skills changing based on the order of the shouts on your utility bar applying different skills like elementalist attunement swapping. Please and thank you.

• Haha 2

Just now, prototypedragon.1406 said:

May I trade in my banners for the retaliation boon of old? Also classes that have hammers or maces should get a free  Legendary weapon swap for each one  for different Legendary  weapons ( looking at Mesmer staff) so that we as players don't feel like we wasted resources on useless weapons( world versus world focus). Make it so banners are combined into shouts. Equip 3 banners at once 1 in main hand( skills 1 and 2) 1 banner in offhand ( skills 4 and 5) and the third banner in warriors teeth with its own separate skill each of the skills changing based on the order of the shouts on your utility bar applying different skills like elementalist attunement swapping. Please and thank you.

What's funny is that boon still exists in game. The HP in Arborstone, if you take too long to kill it, will give itself Retaliation.

• Haha 2

On 7/1/2022 at 5:56 AM, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

100000% they just leave them as they are now but increase Boon durations. 

Warrior can now play the Boon Spammer role but is still unfun/clunky to play. 

However, the forum will be flooded with people saying that Warrior is fine now and any disagreement will be met with a million (Confused). 

Maybe they will roll them all into the elite banner, ie, turn the elite banner into a kit.  When kit equipped, all weapon slots become boons.

They will not add any other banners, just leave it at a single elite kit, like Engi's Elite Mortar...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Logos.3042 said:

Maybe they will roll them all into the elite banner, ie, turn the elite banner into a kit.  When kit equipped, all weapon slots become boons.

They will not add any other banners, just leave it at a single elite kit, like Engi's Elite Mortar...

💀☠️

2 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Some people expect too much. Anet already warned there is not much they can do for Aug 2. I predict the smallest of duration increases ... and that is all

after seeing their roadmap for the rest of the year, this seems to be the case. 🤔 expect nothing 😓

but hey lets be positive. 🙂

*sharpens pitchfork 🤣

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Some people expect too much. Anet already warned there is not much they can do for Aug 2. I predict the smallest of duration increases ... and that is all

But they can certainly do much for rangers, eles and engis for their latest fixes! See, if there is anything I've learned in this world is: "Money talks. Bull.kitten walks." And I speak with my money.

18 minutes ago, eXruina.4956 said:

after seeing their roadmap for the rest of the year, this seems to be the case. 🤔 expect nothing 😓

but hey lets be positive. 🙂

*sharpens pitchfork 🤣

I'm ❤️ POSITIVE ❤️ that the pitchfork will also be sharpened!

• Haha 1

With respect to the anet team,

They said they've been working on banners since EoD - so they had atleast 3-4 months to figure out what they want to do with them, and completely botched it. You have to sell-out for the boon uptime, can only carry one flag at a time, and cannot use abilities while holding it. Whoever designed this has never played the class, I doubt it was QA tested by anyone familiar with the class, and it's upsetting that the lead devs allowed it to come through the pipeline in it's current state.

I have no faith that they will be fixed anytime soon. It will probably take awhile for them to either take them back to their old state, or re-work them yet again. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Mesket.5728 said:

Game became so cheap it seems the best they can do, and we so hungry for a bone that most will take it... such a shame.

I have to agree, I won't stop playing it cause i love the core of the game was built around, but i won't spend a cent anymore.

5 hours ago, Mesket.5728 said:

Game became so cheap it seems the best they can do, and we so hungry for a bone that most will take it... such a shame.

WAITING for that 4th expansion hype train to come in and have people magically forget the problems in the game...

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

48 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

It's not about how hard it is. It's about anet software release cycle

this is true, this must be taken into consideration, nothing is just going to get magically fixed overnight. 

that said, years is a long time, to have not made any progress, but actually managing to make warrior worse, there in lies the big difference.

now we wait, again, for months? years? it begs the question, how much time do we have left to give?

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

I don't think Anet is going to go back on their decision.  I expect to see miniscule duration buffs to the banners.  Not enough to make support warrior stop being a joke, but enough for Anet to say that it is now possible to maintain high quickness uptime running pure banners and 100% boon duration.  

That's it right there. 100% uptime requirement is the MINIMUM requirement for a class in it's role and that's ALL that I think will happen because afterall, the changes Anet made fixed the problems players were talking about. We are no longer banner slaves and banners are more engaging, even if people don't like how it was done.

Now, what I'm really critical of Anet here is that it's NOT just an oversight that warriors did not get an efficient way to deliver 100% uptime. That's just them not doing a VERY BASIC bit of math to see if the duration values the assigned could do it. BIg fail Anet.

That's it right there. 100% uptime requirement is the MINIMUM requirement for a class in it's role and that's ALL that I think will happen because afterall, the changes Anet made fixed the problems players were talking about. We are no longer banner slaves and banners are more engaging, even if people don't like how it was done.

Now, what I'm really critical of Anet here is that it's NOT just an oversight that warriors did not get an efficient way to deliver 100% uptime. That's just them not doing a VERY BASIC bit of math to see if the duration values the assigned could do it. BIg fail Anet.

Like I said, they put in a scaffolding of a rework, got distracted by making shinnies for Engineer and forgot to come back to it.

Oh this is an easy one. 

August 2nd Update:

Store something something

Bug fixes

Some other minor UI fix

Bug fixes

Profession changes:

All professions except Warrior: something minor nerfed, something minor buffed, maybe even multiple variations of this

Warrior:

All of your hopes and dreams for any ounce of sympathy or understanding will be demolished with what can only logically be willfull blindness. 

Dragon Trigger now grants 1 ammo to all Gunblade skills. 

All banners now apply .5 seconds of Confusion to up to 10 allies.