At what point is it elitism vs efficiency?

6 minutes ago, Labjax.2465 said:

I will just say... some people say stuff like: "don't like how it is, make your own group." So why is it they get away with having that mentality, but it's strange for me to criticize how players act over design from the other end? "We just work with what they give us" in other words, could be said for players who disengage because of the state of LFG too. Seems kind of double standard the way this gets talked about.

Um... "get away" with what again? Those people are creating the groups they want to see instead of complaining that others don't create those for them. How is this still something you don't understand?

You were already trying to claim that people saying "everyone can make their own group" try to somehow offload their responsibilities(?) on others, except... this whole complaint is about people that are already creating the squads they want to participate in. Lets be clear about it: people that are creating their squads aren't offloading anything -or "getting away" with anything- when they say others can do the same.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Thanks 7

3 hours ago, Labjax.2465 said:

I will just say... some people say stuff like: "don't like how it is, make your own group." So why is it they get away with having that mentality, but it's strange for me to criticize how players act over design from the other end? "We just work with what they give us" in other words, could be said for players who disengage because of the state of LFG too. Seems kind of double standard the way this gets talked about.

Remember , if you try to join their groups and you dont meet their criteria you are toxic casual .

If you try to demand an auto LFG , while they enjoy their KP groups + Discord channels (because even them dont use the LFG) , you are still a toxic casual 😛

(hopefully the last wave of  casuals will do the raid part and entirly end this farce + hopefully for some open World Legendary in the next expanion , then we will have peace 😛

Or an exotic  set for each year aniversary for each character  , while each passing year allows you to upgrade a single piece to Legendary (with some dailies quests-populate the maps ). Either get a full set  Legendary in 6 years playing the game  or do 1 year content )

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8

Remember , if you try to join their groups and you dont meet their criteria you are toxic casual .

Why would you try to join a group that does something you disagree with? 🤔 

Or an exotic  set for each year aniversary for each character  , while each passing year allows you to upgrade a single piece to Legendary (with some dailies quests-populate the maps ). Either get a full set  Legendary in 6 years playing the game  or do 1 year content )

Ah, free rewards. Duh.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Why would you try to join a group that does something you disagree with? 🤔 

Ah, free rewards. Duh.

Yeah

Just like in a Stream the Devs told us that Legendary gear are participation rewards , not prestige like raiders believe  . The long term commintment (6 years) will full fill the same role , with people populating the things they love and get rewarded after 6 years

It might hurt the Rid -sellers  , but who cares about them

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

2 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Yeah

Just like in a Stream the Devs told us that Legendary gear are participation rewards , not prestige like raiders believe  .

Yeah, so go participate in the content to get the rewards instead of spending time on the forum trying to pull the rewards out of the content you don't want to participate in. How is this bringing anything new here?

Anyways, anything you'll have to say here is probably already responded directly to you in one of the previous threads.

Edited by Sobx.1758
..."in"
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Sobx.1758 said:

Yeah, so go participate in the content to get the rewards instead of spending time on the forum trying to pull the rewards out of the content you don't want to participate. How is this bringing anything new here?

Anyways, anything you'll have to say here is probably already responded directly to you in one of the previous threads.

The long term commintment (6 years) will full fill the same role , with people populating the things they love and get rewarded after 6 years

• Confused 5

2 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

The long term commintment (6 years) will full fill the same role , with people populating the things they love and get rewarded after 6 years

No, creating the account 6 years ago and comming back to a birthday presents spam including long term/legendary rewards doesn't fulfill the same role 🤦‍♂️

Now go participate in the content and get that participation reward.

Edited by Sobx.1758
game -> account :D
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

No, creating the game 6 years ago and comming back to a birthday presents spam including long term/legendary rewards doesn't fulfill the same role 🤦‍♂️

Now go participate in the content and get that participation reward.

It does for those who play for 6 straight years .

We should ban Raid Sellers that allow customers-people to stay dead forthe whole fights and get Legendary gear in Roids

• Confused 6

3 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

It does for those who play for 6 straight years .

Birthday presents have nothing to do with playtime or activity, so no. Stop making up your alternative reality, just because you want to bait more free/passive rewards. Good luck in participating in content you want the rewards from, though.

3 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

We should ban Raid Sellers

True! Pretty sure I already said in the past that I think selling raids shouldn't be allowed. Not sure what it has to do with anything that was written here.

That's where I'll stop with you, since you're already dodging whatever I write over and over again anyways 😄 

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Birthday presents have nothing to do with playtime or activity, so no. Stop making up your alternative reality, just because you want to bait more free/passive rewards. Good luck in participating in content you want the rewards from, though.

True! Not sure what it has to do with anything that was written here.

That's where I'll stop with you, since you're already dodging whatever I write over and over again anyways 😄 

You are telling me that a miniscule people will benefit from leaving and coming back.

I say this is a "commitment" part and people comming back will :

a) feel good

b) do quests to populate the maps + unlock the lege form

The ones hurting the game with offering free Legendary gear is the Raid sellers , which we should ban them and force them to sell things throught the AH , like like the flowery aura from CM streikes

• Confused 4

5 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

You are telling me that a miniscule people will benefit from leaving and coming back.

I say this is a "commitment" part and people comming back will :

a) feel good

b) do quests to populate the maps + unlock the lege form

No, that's not what I'm saying, stop dodging what I wrote.

...and you're doing the dailies anyways, which already have their own rewards. 🙄 

The ones hurting the game with offering free Legendary gear is the Raid sellers

Why do you keep repeating this to me? This has nothing to do with what is written here. I already said I agree -and pretty sure said so in the past- that selling raids shouldn't be allowed. Is this supposed to be some weak failed bait because you think I'm someone I'm not? If you really think raid sellers are bad, start posting about that -but that's not your main point and never was. Instead your main point is nothing else than consistently baiting for more free/passive/easy rewards for yourself, lmao.

Maybe you should start responding to what you're quoting for a change. Until then, I'm done 🤦‍♂️

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

No, that's not what I'm saying, stop dodging what I wrote.

...and you're doing the dailies anyways, which already have their own rewards. 🙄 

Why do you keep repeating this to me? This has nothing to do with what is written here. I already said I agree -and pretty sure said so in the past- that selling raids shouldn't be allowed. Is this supposed to be some weak failed bait because you think I'm someone I'm not?

Maybe you should start responding to what you're quoting for a change. Until then, I'm done 🤦‍♂️

You should re-read what is wrote .

After 6 years the have the option to unlock the Legendary , but they must populate the maps , if they rae playing for 6 years or comming back after 6 years .

So you wrong in this one.

You are the ones saying that it would benefit some  people from qutting and comming back . Which is shown you its not true and the ones hurting the game most with free Legendary is Raid sellers .

I have more insights than you , what is trully hurting the game with free rewards

• Haha 2
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Is it just me, or did you just argue for legendary armor as a login reward?

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

If you try to demand an auto LFG , while they enjoy their KP groups + Discord channels (because even them dont use the LFG) , you are still a toxic casual 😛

(hopefully the last wave of  casuals will do the raid part and entirly end this farce + hopefully for some open World Legendary in the next expanion , then we will have peace 😛

What else would you call someone who joins a group with no intention of fulfilling the role requirements requested by the group because they feel entitled to the rewards?

As to your suggestion for legendary login rewards...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

What else would you call someone who joins a group with no intention of fulfilling the role requirements requested by the group because they feel entitled to the rewards?

As to your suggestion for legendary login rewards...

And if are that toxic , allow us toplay how we want (auto-lfg like FF14 , WoW ) ,rather to dictate us if we are gonna have a system or not .

She procced to tell me that an auto-lfg mean 'free loot" and then i procced to counter-argument it with that "free rewards" meaning staying dead while the Raid sellers are doing the job for you

(also we should ban them and they should sell stuff throught the TP like the rest of us , just like the CM strike flowery aura)

And yes...with some dailies quests-populate the maps .....means legendary login rewards...

How did you know ?....

• Confused 6

2 hours ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

And if are that toxic , allow us toplay how we want (auto-lfg like FF14 , WoW ) ,rather to dictate us if we are gonna have a system or not .

[...]

Open lfg -> browse to the tab of your desired content -> advertise your party/squad -> write something like "all welcome, play how you want" = problem solved.

Granted, that's no auto-lfg (which will likely never happen due to how GW2 build system works), but an easy work around.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

She procced to tell me that an auto-lfg mean 'free loot" and then i procced to counter-argument it with that "free rewards" meaning staying dead while the Raid sellers are doing the job for you

(also we should ban them and they should sell stuff throught the TP like the rest of us , just like the CM strike flowery aura)

And yes...with some dailies quests-populate the maps .....means legendary login rewards...

How did you know ?....

Well auto lfg is not needed for you to play how you want tho.

Just because you want a lazy 1 button press and forgett about it button.

Dont make us somehow dictate how you play just how you form your group.

Edit

All we ask is you form it just like anyone else use the ingame tools.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 3

22 hours ago, Labjax.2465 said:

People creating those groups are not criticizing others, you are criticizing them. The game has no rules on what kind of groups you can create, but the game has rules on how you can behave.

18 hours ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

If you are trying to force your way into the group yes. The people in a group with certain requirement join because they want to play with people who meet those requirements.
For example: You don't apply to a Mechanical Engineering position with only secondary education in Basic Engineering, if you do then it's not the employer's fault for rejecting you.

You are mocking people calling others toxic casuals while you are pretty much portraying what they call toxic casuals.

9 hours ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

You can play however you want, but when demanding to be allowed to play however you want you need to keep it in mind others can play however they want, if it includes only playing with certain people, it's their way of playing.
Opening the LFG tab, clicking on Strikes and joining a squad asking for DPS or anything you can fill is not rocket science. 

Auto LFG could work if implemented properly, you queue up as Heal and Alac at once and then get matched into a squad that's missing one.
Alternatively, queue up as such and a squad's leader can decide if they want you in or not. 
There's a good chance it would get rid of the annoyance of 7 people joining and going "Hi DPS".

10 hours ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

If you are being carried by a Raid Seller it's not free loot, you have to pay the Raid Seller, you know that, right?

10 hours ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Run selling has been in Guild Wars for a very long time, in GW1 you could see people in Kamadan offering carries through content for compensation. Anet doesn't support, nor prohibit it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

For me, the important difference between elitism and efficiency is if you remember that:

- An MMO is a social activity to be shared with other players

I am currently trying to dip my toes into endgame content myself and I do things that drive folk mental. I dont always know what to do or even what gear I need.

For me, the elitist is the person who will smacktalk me and kick me from the group without even trying to help, while the efficiency-oriented player is the one who helps me out by telling me what I need to do, what gear I need to get, and how to aquire them.

People who point the way are not elitists, even if they need me to get out of their way right now, and I'd be very, very happy to help them out in the future once I've learned the ropes and am good to go.

• Like 1

On 7/27/2022 at 12:47 PM, IsabelDawn.8950 said:

For me, the important difference between elitism and efficiency is if you remember that:

- An MMO is a social activity to be shared with other players

I am currently trying to dip my toes into endgame content myself and I do things that drive folk mental. I dont always know what to do or even what gear I need.

For me, the elitist is the person who will smacktalk me and kick me from the group without even trying to help, while the efficiency-oriented player is the one who helps me out by telling me what I need to do, what gear I need to get, and how to aquire them.

People who point the way are not elitists, even if they need me to get out of their way right now, and I'd be very, very happy to help them out in the future once I've learned the ropes and am good to go.

No. Pls, you also must admit that it is not someone else responsibility to look after you. Esspecially when i don't know you and/or not ask. I would not smacktalk you, but i would also not help you. At least not in a extensively way. And this is not because i'm an elitist, but because i play this game in MY freetime. Which i have not a lot of in the moment. So i don't want to spend this time, helping someone i don't even know.

If i misunderstood youre post i'm sorry. But this was how i understood.

• Like 1