Please anet dont forget vindicator exists

soul.9651

I made a specter yesterday and make almoast 40k damage now. The roatation is super easy (ok he does not have a real rotation). My rev boys who want to play with a real dps, just change the character. We can only wait for a power damage buff and play another spec till then. Vindicatort is not allowed as a dps in my group. Hes to weak. And before some white knights come and say that I should play with another group. Nope I keep playing with my friends that I know for almoast 10 years, but my friends dont want a meme pdps. Better to get a support and a real dps. Everything under 35k on golem is to weak.  I will make a power soulbeast now to.

My Characters where Bannerslave, alac ren and Vindicator. They all are trash now. Ok alacren is somehow playable.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Your opinion is he is not a dps class. My opion is hes one and needs a major buff. So I still say it, power Vindicator is a pure selfish dps class as one of his main rolles and need a major dps buff. I played him since release in any content and I know enough to say that he is a pure selfish dps but is useles now and a wasted class. He still is my favorite spec in gw2. When I join fracs I still do the max damage he can do and overdps a lot of player who cant play their characters optimal, damage whise. With randoms its ok and I still play my vindicato (only fracs).

When I play with my friends than I want to play him to but he is a burden because we are more competetive and this is what makes fun in gw2 for me. Its cool that u dont need stuff like that.  I repeat again what I sayed some days ago. Arenanet sayed they want to make any class playable as any rolle in any content. Rev does not have a real pdps class now ( before the patch he was totaly ok with 37k). You say we dont need so much dps and its true but there is always a comparison with other specs. Because if there where no one, than the next one comes and says that supports only can clear fracs and raids to so they are dps classes to. Tbh its true you can clear with supports only to. The problem is it takes time. And again vindi is ment to be a powerdps.

We have players in our group who cant play their classes super optimal to. That means they cant bring out the max damage possible on the boss. But its ok because the damae is already high and the damage los is not a major problem. But when a player comes with his vindicator, than he have to play him totaly optimal otherwhise his damaghe goes down and a support will overdps him.  So when a new player wants to play Vindicator he has to make hix max dps possible in a mixed group,  otherwhise he will be a burden. Just buff his damage a bit so errors are not such a big problem . Players like me who always learn his characters opitmal and see the damage difference in this major rolle, can only say hes not good enough now and a wasted class. I have much more in my mind but i dont want to write or explain it more, because my english is not so good and I already know that I talk to a wall here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Obtena.7952 said:

do you think that DPS is primarily what holds Vindicator back from endgame content? Do you think more DPS would enable you to mitigate the singular dodge? If you had to choose from another dodge or 40% more DPS ... what choice would you make?

Yes, more DPS is the only thing Vindicator is lacking. As someone who plays ALL Endgame content and openworld content with Vindicator, the survivability isn't an issue. It has plenty of mitigation tools for most encounters, especially when properly supported or played by a high skill player. Buffing its survivability will not affect its endgame performance at all. The issue is the damage ceiling is too low to be considered a serious pick and thus it's looked at like a joke.

Edited by LucianTheAngelic.7054
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

I mean, you want to see non-optimal builds beating the new HT CM? Here you go: 

It should also be noted that on the soulbeat there is a version that does a lot of damage

So despite what I hear the only one that may be a little weaker is the reaper which could also experience a small improvement maybe a little. 

But if we look at the vindicator : "This skill will no longer create guaranteed impact areas underneath enemies who are in stealth. Reduced the damage falloff per additional hit from 10% to 40% in PvP and WvW. Reduced the minimum power coefficient from 0.3 to 0.1 in PvP and WvW. With these adjustments, the total power coefficient when being hit 5 times has been reduced from 3.6 to 1.82."(wiki) On GS on May 15 so it had a dps reduction at that time. There was a build without the allaince which seems too useless in PvE to be used. And if you're doing heal I don't see the point of wasting time typing when it's not the job and frankly the sheep jump mode is a bit boring to be forced to do DPS.

And we have to think about the WvW aspect, it's just a heal in this mod.

It should be pushed more, because for me a single jump that doesn't dodge everything, can't pass certain obstacles while it's in the air, can take the guardian walls for example, and the fact that it can't apply its effect is a handicap with a lack of mobility in certain staircases seen on the red WvW map. It still has a lot of problems and yes the DPS will not solve everything but it will contribute if they want to differentiate the 2 parts of the alliance

Edited by Angesombre.4630
  • Thanks 2

I don't just want a class to look good on paper I want something functional, otherwise stop the communication "we listened to you, we put GS on the revenant" if it's bad it's useless like all the specialization that are not good on other class. For example the harbinger on this special has the right to improvement on the elixirs, to make of the dps physical or alté, Mechanist alac, quickness barrier dps physical or alteration I had to forget some, scrapper not of worry stealth, supervitesse, quickness, CC, I will not make all the list.

I'm not going to list all of them, but I'll tell you what I'm going to do with the rest of them, I don't know what to do with them because I'm not going to do anything with them. But nothing very useful. Out of the 3 jump traits, there are two really useful ones.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Howluffu.7259 said:

Back to the topic, seeing how Vindi is treated or revenant in general maybe is time to make an overhaul to the spec or EVEN the entire class. Keep the theme of what revenant is supose to be and make it fun and funtional.

I agree on both of those. I don't know what were they thinking when they've made the Alliance legend, but I've never been a fan of Anet cramming two legends with completely different purposes into one legend. While I'd personally love to see that being reworked into a selfish power dps legend without any of the "two legends for price of one" shenanigans, that will never happen because doing that would also be unfair to players who enjoy playing support Vindicator.

Another thing Vindicator definitely needs is a hard CC on greatsword. Chill is good to have, but I don't see the point of having that on both GS3 and on the third skill of autoattack chain. Having chill only on the third skill of autoattack chain is more than enough. They need to remove chill on GS3 and replace it with a hard CC like daze, knockback or knockdown so greatsword would have a way to deal with breakbars.

An overhaul to the entire class is what really needs to be done. Energy system would've been a lot better if it'd work like the reverse of thief initiative system. No energy cost for weapon skills which would have cooldowns, and no cooldowns for utility skills which would cost energy. They will also need to look into energy costs of utility skills, because some of them cost too much to the point of crippling the legend. Shiro is probably the best example for that. Toolkit looks great on paper but as soon as you look into energy costs it all falls apart. Want to use your gap closer? 60% of your starting energy is gone. Ran out of endurance and need to use riposting shadows to dodge? Hope you have 30 energy ready then. And then there is jade winds, which might not even exist with it's current energy cost.

11 hours ago, Howluffu.7259 said:

I will add that making GS a weapon behind an elite spec on a heavy armor class was a very, VERY bad idea.

While I also completely agree with that, honestly it is the case for all elite spec weapons. It's fine to introduce a previously unavailable weapon with a new elite spec, but making those previously unavailable weapons available to core and rest of the elite specs open a lot more possibilities. I know I'd love to play GS/SB Herald myself.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Savoren.3910 said:

Another thing Vindicator definitely needs is a hard CC on greatsword. Chill is good to have, but I don't see the point of having that on both GS3 and on the third skill of autoattack chain. Having chill only on the third skill of autoattack chain is more than enough. They need to remove chill on GS3 and replace it with a hard CC like daze, knockback or knockdown so greatsword would have a way to deal with breakbars.

Putting hard CC on the GS is going to kneecap it's damage even further in competitive modes.  I would much prefer they change one of the dodge traits to be a 5-target knockdown.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Viktor needs a rework, it's skills are to support stats based, both legends should scale with offensive stats while swapping legends would ment that players are swaping from very offensive to defensive tactical gameplay, as much it looks that's what alliance is on paper on the game itself is everything except that.... its a heavy hitter  and minor support role with diferent stats needed all packecd together, its a legend skill design that conflictes with each other.

If Anet wants a viktor to be support they can do it w/o depending of the boon and healing power, jalis is very good support for example and dont needs this 2 stats.

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Saint_Viktor, this is what the urn should spawn when dropped, creating a shelter that reduces condi and damage for few seconds, when Vindi is using  urn  upkeep  it should be a selfish boost to sturdiness while ignoring possible heal  buit also increasing DPS while health drops.

Basicly: https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Urn_of_Saint_Viktor_(skill)  and https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Shield_of_Saint_Viktor

Basicly design vindicator from Arch being the  heavy hitter legend and Vicktor would be the defensive/sturdy gameplay, it's stats deppens way to much on support stats...

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Like 1

Ok, third time I post this on this thread. Let's see if I don't get it remove without the controversial part:

Back to the topic, seeing how Vindi is treated or revenant in general maybe is time to make an overhaul to the spec or EVEN the entire class. Keep the theme of what revenant is supose to be and make it fun and funtional.

I will add that making GS a weapon behind an elite spec on a heavy armor class was a very, VERY bad idea.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

Well i am back from my ban for yelling at anet about the crit change, we got it back thankfully. I was going to comment constructively on this thread, but I forgot about Obtena.7952. I am done with these forums all together until they let us block specific users. I am also incidentally done with vindicator, can't use it in content progression when axe/axe sb and virtuoso exist, I'll get bullied out of the group otherwise. So good luck with your class and your forum. I just can't do it, it's too aggravating and sad and I can't keep it civil up in here anymore.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2