Now that Thief perma-stealthing has been taken care of...

kshaeko.5647

You see that’s why warriors can’t be taken seriously…

gunflame an 5s cd skill with a range of 1.5k, also long burning and daze… One projectile very high package with an 100% speed increase which benefits from signet of might unblockable stacks and any short damage buff. 

I am not saying gunflame is op but definitely it is much better than a 10 spread hits in a 2.5s channeled attack. That’s why rangers generally use it with quickness to at least reduce it to a 1.5s second channel.

Now we are comparing gunflame against rapid fire. Ranger Longbow as a weapon is better designed than rifle or warrior longbow in that we agree, but not because of the burst skill but because it has a bit of everything. But in anything else (including great sword which warrior mains like to complain so much about) warrior is more sounded and better mechanically. If you think otherwise just go ahead and play only ranger, everybody I know went back to their main in less than a week.

And Thats why I pointed out warrior longbow needs some love. But my guess is warriors main aren’t getting any.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, anduriell.6280 said:

You see that’s why warriors can’t be taken seriously…

gunflame an 5s cd skill with a range of 1.5k, also long burning and daze… One projectile very high package with an 100% speed increase which benefits from signet of might unblockable stacks and any short damage buff. I am not saying gunflame is op but definitely it is much better than a 10 spread hits in a 2.5s channeled attack.

Nope. 10 spread hits on a 10 sec cd is better. Gun flame may have a 5 second cooldown, but the skill is locked until you either are in combat long enough to deal the strikes required to access it, and remains locked on top of that 5 sec cd subsequently, so that cd is misleading. 

I'd trade for a button I could press every 10 seconds, no questions asked or cooldown spent to get there, easily. Especially if it hit further than 1500. 

Now we are comparing gunflame against rapid fire.

I didn't start that. You did.

Ranger Longbow as a weapon is better designed than rifle or warrior longbow in that we agree, but not because of the burst skill but because it has a bit of everything. But in anything else (including great sword which warrior mains like to complain so much about) warrior is more sounded and better mechanically.

Ranger greatsword is better too.

If you think otherwise just go ahead and play only ranger, everybody I know went back to their main in less than a week.

I'm attached to my warrior for sentimental reasons,  but I'm sure ranger isnt languishing nearly as much as warrior in any content,  especially not wvw.

And Thats why I pointed out warrior longbow needs some love. But my guess is warriors main aren’t getting any.

Nope, haven't gotten any for years, and we still have people saying we can't be taken seriously when we point that out.

Also you can quote me, its ok.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

There really isn't any comparison between Ranger LB and Warrior Rifle or Warrior LB. There is a reason that Warrior's typically run double melee, the range game is bad on Warriors outside of meme builds using certain F1s or Artillery Slash, but those are heavily gated behind utility CDs, Junksworn, and/or Berserk Mode.

Ranger LB is just better, and that is including Kill Shot and GunFlame on Warrior Rifle. Rapid Fire is just more accessible, more reliable, and if on Soulbeast, does immense damage due to the ranger counting as the pet when merged.

Would this be a bad thing if Warrior also had a point blank 2.5s channeled melee attack that built vulnerability per strike that had a 2.75 coefficient? No, but all similar warrior abilities got gutted over the years.

1) I don't want Rapid Fire nerfed, but I do want Rangers to acknowledge the skill for what it really is, a very reliable very hard hitting skill at range.
2) I want Volley to have 2.75 coefficient as well.
3) I want Hundred Blades and Whirling Axe to have 2.5s cast times (preferably 2s since they are melee skills and require more effort to be usable, but lets start here).
4) I want Fan of Fire to be reworked to be effect at max range. It could become a copy of Volley but with burn stacks for all I care, I just want the Devs to not joke that it is really a melee weapon.

• Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

51 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

There really isn't any comparison between Ranger LB and Warrior Rifle or Warrior LB. There is a reason that Warrior's typically run double melee, the range game is bad on Warriors outside of meme builds using certain F1s or Artillery Slash, but those are heavily gated behind utility CDs, Junksworn, and/or Berserk Mode.

Ranger LB is just better, and that is including Kill Shot and GunFlame on Warrior Rifle. Rapid Fire is just more accessible, more reliable, and if on Soulbeast, does immense damage due to the ranger counting as the pet when merged.

Would this be a bad thing if Warrior also had a point blank 2.5s channeled melee attack that built vulnerability per strike that had a 2.75 coefficient? No, but all similar warrior abilities got gutted over the years.

1) I don't want Rapid Fire nerfed, but I do want Rangers to acknowledge the skill for what it really is, a very reliable very hard hitting skill at range.
2) I want Volley to have 2.75 coefficient as well.
3) I want Hundred Blades and Whirling Axe to have 2.5s cast times (preferably 2s since they are melee skills and require more effort to be usable, but lets start here).
4) I want Fan of Fire to be reworked to be effect at max range. It could become a copy of Volley but with burn stacks for all I care, I just want the Devs to not joke that it is really a melee weapon.

Play both. My Ranger is solid but my War still kills faster than it but the War needs to make it to target. That said these are some good changes. Again lets stop with the nerf this/that and suggest the other part of the Feb nerf patch where they were going to be tuning back up some of skills that are underperforming. 

• Haha 2

Both are largely irrelevent in the world of 100% uptime MagneticAuras and scrapper/guardian bubble boon balls.

They should give Warriors and Rangers a well/symbol VacuumCleaner utility that utterly negates all groundplaced AOE fields.

Wouldnt that be fun.

Edited by Sandzibar.5134
spellinz
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, anduriell.6280 said:

I am not saying gunflame is op but definitely it is much better than a 10 spread hits in a 2.5s channeled attack. That’s why rangers generally use it with quickness to at least reduce it to a 1.5s second channel.

Is it though? With all the blind and aegis spam? Heavy 1 hitters that are awkward to land are the biggest problem you have on war.

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Hotride.2187 said:

That'd be hilarious honestly.

I would vote for that. And yes after reading your comments I agree with @Lan Deathrider.5910i may have underestimated the rapid fire. Maybe my eyes imagined the fields greener in the warrior patio.  

But yes warrior definitely needs love, what anet did to the banners is unforgivable. I mean aside from the bubble, banners was the only reason on why you would bring a warrior to the squad. Now it’s not. 

Edited by anduriell.6280
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, kash.9213 said:

There was no sarcasm. You made statements, you even argued with people over them. But go ahead and try to save face now.

Even for internet sarcasm,

I'm sure everyone would want to Zerg on shadow arts thieves. Are

Is possibly the most obvious sarcasm within context. How many shadow arts thieves do you see in the average GvG?

I feel bad for the others you attempt to gaslight on these forums, or rather I would if your attempts weren't so obvious.

Try to have a better day! Don't let the shadow arts Zerg build bite

• 2 weeks later...

"Memebeast" really isn't healthy for the game. Its only purpose is the dopamine hit the degens who play it enjoy at the expense of eliminating any potential for actual engagement by their target. Outside of boon blobs, beginners and veterans alike too often fall prey to it when singled out from 1500+ range (often off screen), especially when they're focused on something else.

The build is not without counters, but when inadequately mitigated, the basic combo is so easy and effective, it probably has the highest instagib success rate in WvW currently. The effort to effectiveness ratio is unmatched. The only skill required is picking out a squishy/distracted/inexperienced target. Given that, the odds of success are high.

I don't think Rangers generally should be nerfed. Only the "Memebeast" degen build should be toned down. It can still hit like a truck, just reduce the instagib effectiveness so more players actually get to do something besides respawn.

The way OWP was nerfed in PvE may not be the most elegant solution, but if they were going to reign in the burst anyway, they ought to have done so in WvW, where other players are the unsuspecting victims, not just NPCs. Sometimes it seems Anet's balance focus is more concerned with NPC feelings than players'.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Twilight Tempest.7584 said:

highest instagib success rate in WvW currently

oh kmon i've seen more engi-mesmer-thiefs popping out from invisible and instantdown ppl than sicem sb

also now that willbender impossible to catch with perma blink that drop 7k rishing justice and the whole hells flame

ps.

90% of the time i use sicem when im on the walls to hit the rams/catas, when im around im with only survival traits and condi if i get a camp

Edited by PinkTacoLover.7603
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, PinkTacoLover.7603 said:

oh kmon i've seen more engi-mesmer-thiefs popping out from invisible and instantdown ppl than sicem sb

That happens sometimes, but I wouldn't say it's more than Sic 'em SLB. That combo is just too accessible. Anyone who can press four keys in the right order can do it so long as they pick an appropriate target. Certain servers have a reputation for having more of them too, so experiences may differ.